PDA

View Full Version : Should we want Cincy or Houston to win the other wildcard game?

MadeOfSteel
01-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Cincy wins we play baltimore, houston wins and we get the pats.

We looked better against the pats then we have against the ratbirds this season, but they've also been pretty inconsistent at times and we've had a lot of success against them in the playoffs in the past years.

And this is all assuming we can beat the 8-8 tebow-led broncos

steelersfan77
01-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I don't know about anyone else but that Denver team scares me. They're defense can shut you down and the Steelers didn't exactly look great with Ben in there today. Maybe it was the weather, maybe Ben was just knocking the rust off from sitting out a game and playing injured.

To answer the question, I'd rather play the Ravens just so the Steelers can actually get a win against them this year. Also beating them in front of their fans again would be priceless.

I expect the Bengals to handle Houston with the Texans starting a very inexperienced rookie QB. The difference between Andy Daulton and the Texans rookie QB Yates is night and day. Dalton recieved great experience this year. Yates doesn't have enough time under his belt and now he's getting ready to face playoff caliber teams. The only hope Houston has is to win with their defense.

steelcity1974
01-01-2012, 07:03 PM
I'll be rooting for Houston. 1. Cuz I hate the bengals, 2. Cuz I'd rather play NE FIRST...assuming we will play both NE and Balt...cuz the Balt game will be more physical and we are already an injured team. If we play Balt first and win, we might not have anything left for the NE game. 3. Cuz Houston might actually be able to knock off the rat birds...don't think Cindy would be able to beat NE.

Having said all this, I think the Denver game will be more difficult than people might think. Their D will rip through our O line. And with our RB issues...mendy injured and redman with fumbleitus...we need to protect Ben and have a much better passing game than we've had over the last three games.

55BaileyFan
01-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Doesn't really matter I think.

If Cincy wins then they go to face New England and we play Baltimore (with a win over the Denver Tebows)

If Houston wins then we get New England....

Personally, I want Baltimore again. Think of it, if we win the SB and didn't have to play Baltimore to get there...then all we will hear is "well, you couldn't beat Baltimore" So, where it doesn't matter I would be lying if I said I didn't want them to win so we could get those Ratbirds one last time.

Fire Arians
01-01-2012, 07:09 PM
we most likely will face new england in rd. 2. i think dalton has hit the rookie wall and i see them losing to the texans.

but i would like another shot at baltimore, i think their luck is going to run out in the playoffs

plenewken
01-01-2012, 07:18 PM
we most likely will face new england in rd. 2. i think dalton has hit the rookie wall and i see them losing to the texans.

but i would like another shot at baltimore, i think their luck is going to run out in the playoffs

First we need to beat Denver on the road and I don't see it happening based on our piss poor production today, sorry.

LayingTheWoodley56
Doesn't really matter, as someone said above me. There are pros and cons to both matchups, and I don't think one is better or worse than the other. We have our Patriot demons hanging over us if we go there, but we also matchup very well against them with our improved secondary foiling the most effective part of their game. Baltimore, I don't think will beat us three times this season but the intensity that will be on display for that game from both teams I think will temper any logical analysis. Either way, we could win or lose no matter which team we play, with fairly equal odds.

OX1947
Doesnt matter, steelers will have to face both teams either way

AgentGold007
01-01-2012, 07:23 PM
Best case scenario would be: Steelers vs. Cissiassi at Heinz field for AFC Championship. But I don't wanna get ahead of ourselves. Beat Denver first.