PDA

View Full Version : Week 17 Gay Meter: +18 (-2 today)

ETL
01-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Soft coverage, missed tackles in run support and a dropped INT.

Not his best game but overall for the season, Gay has been an asset. I know Gay wasn't strong today but seeing Mcfadden out there made me thank God that Gay was not hurt today.

Thanks to all who've been tracking the Gay Meter with me this year. I feel vindicated for making my Pro-Gay proclamation at the beginning of the season. I felt that while he does not have the raw physical abilities of a top corner, he had enough smarts and drive to be a good player ... and i was right.!

harrison'samonster
01-01-2012, 07:10 PM
he has definitely been an asset to this team, and one of the nice surprises. His overall play has been above average and I agree, after seeing McFadden's play today I'm glad we have Gay.

ricardisimo
01-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Not his finest moment, agreed. But if you're going to have a down game, the Brownies is the time to do it. And yeah, wow... McFadden is bad. Ouch.

Gay pride wins out. Thanks for keeping tabs on this year round.

:drink: :sissies:

LayingTheWoodley56
01-01-2012, 07:27 PM
I too have enjoyed the Gay meter ETL, but I believe that William's play this season has merited its departure from this board for next season. I think many of us were quick to dismiss Gay when in fact he was just a young player adjusting to being an effective NFL cornerback. He along with Ike are the two biggest reasons that our secondary, normally inferior to our run defense, has actually been our biggest strength this year. On another note, I like Gay's attitude out there - he looks like he's having fun and he has the intensity and emotion that we need; it was cool to see him crying during the national anthem before the Super Bowl last year. You want a guy like that who truly cares and gets the emotional significance of what he's doing.

ETL
01-01-2012, 08:20 PM
I too have enjoyed the Gay meter ETL, but I believe that William's play this season has merited its departure from this board for next season. I think many of us were quick to dismiss Gay when in fact he was just a young player adjusting to being an effective NFL cornerback. He along with Ike are the two biggest reasons that our secondary, normally inferior to our run defense, has actually been our biggest strength this year. On another note, I like Gay's attitude out there - he looks like he's having fun and he has the intensity and emotion that we need; it was cool to see him crying during the national anthem before the Super Bowl last year. You want a guy like that who truly cares and gets the emotional significance of what he's doing.

Yes, the Gay Meter is retired after today.

Bayz101
01-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes, the Gay Meter is retired after today.

So no playoff meters?

ETL
01-01-2012, 08:54 PM
So no playoff meters?

Nah. I started this thing to vindicate my preseason support for him - and he's already delivered.

Bayz101
01-01-2012, 09:00 PM
Nah. I started this thing to vindicate my preseason support for him - and he's already delivered.

Well, hey, thanks for keeping it going. I'm glad to see that Gay is putting in work out their when everyone thought he'd be pulled from the depth chart early on. It's all about maturity and growing as a player, and he certainly seems to be doing that. I have a feeling he'll be performing at his best in the coming seasons :thumbsup:

steve314
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM

Hmm, could be bad luck to not keep the meter going in the playoffs. Risky!

finesward
01-02-2012, 12:09 AM
wait wasn't it the front office who was stupid to resign this guy? Now we'll be lucky to bring him back next year (i believe he was signed to a 1 year deal) He's a starting cb on the #1 pass defense in the league. Does that make him a great CB? No but it got BMAC paid in arizona...just sayinnn this might be gay's last year

ricardisimo
01-02-2012, 02:57 PM
True.

ETL
01-02-2012, 04:03 PM
Wow. People are now worried about losing Gay for next year. How times have changed

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 04:44 PM

These are the games that players show up in. You got to do a playoff meter, names are made in the post season.

Wow. People are now worried about losing Gay for next year. How times have changed

Seriously, with Ike, Gay, and Lewis at Nickle and our good safeties, I think we are set at corner. We have two young guys that supposedly have a lot of potential waiting behind them too, we are good at corner with who we have. After the pats game, I've been a Gay believer. He has been a huge step up from McFadden and we wouldn't have been 12-4 without him. McFadden will be gone, I hope Gay is not.

steve314
01-09-2012, 10:04 AM
Hmm, could be bad luck to not keep the meter going in the playoffs. Risky!

Should never have said that you weren't going to keep tracking one of the CBs in the playoffs. Look what happened to the pass D as a result!

ricardisimo
01-09-2012, 11:39 AM
Should never have said that you weren't going to keep tracking one of the CBs in the playoffs. Look what happened to the pass D as a result!
But this wasn't the Ike Meter, so it wouldn't have helped much, even if it was a jinx.

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
gay had a good season overall. i still think keenan lewis is better than him and should be able to win the #2 spot in 2012. keep gay as a nickel or dime back for sure though.

ricardisimo
01-09-2012, 03:45 PM
I think Gay might go elsewhere, so it's a moot point. We'll see how good or how bad he was when he's gone.