PDA

View Full Version : Props for Brown

55BaileyFan
01-01-2012, 07:11 PM
I know that most people will talk about Hines Ward...LIKE ME, lol. But I think we need to bring up ABs first in the NFL.

Brown became the first player in NFL history to have 1k yards receiving and returning. He will represent the Steelers in the Pro Bowl, barring a SB appearance.

Props to AB and an AMAZING future in the Burgh.

harrison'samonster
01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
I think he's worked his way up to our #1 receiver.

jjpro11
01-01-2012, 07:14 PM
man can he play. i still can't believe we got him in the 6th round. we were basically just hoping he'd turn out to be a decent kick returner.

steelersfan77
01-01-2012, 07:21 PM
Wallace needs to step up for the playoffs. I can't believe how many times I saw Miller open in this game. Throw him the damn ball! He's a matchup nightmare, a great route runner, blocker, has great hands, can break tackles and get into open space.

Heath's only underated because he isn't fed the ball enough.

Get your head out of your ass Wallace.

Brown is amazing and is becoming Ben's go to guy. Why not? He catches everything.

55BaileyFan
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
http://steelerfreakmov.blogspot.com/2012/01/nfl-first.html

I did an article and put his stats and what not if anyone is curious what his year end numbers where.

I like him ALOT and with Wallace not playing that well the past few weeks I think that AB and Cotchery could become HUGE for us in the playoffs.

DanRooney
01-01-2012, 07:48 PM
I think he's worked his way up to our #1 receiver.

:chuckle:

TRH
01-01-2012, 07:52 PM
all of a sudden as of late, it seems like Wallace is the odd man out......

Bayz101
01-01-2012, 07:56 PM

Brown wants it more. Wallace wants $$$$

tanda10506
01-01-2012, 08:02 PM

Yeah it seems like it. IMO Brown has been the only consistant one over the last few weeks. Wallace didnt even look at the ball today. To me, the step down in the last few games of our passing game is the thing I am most worried about going into the playoffs. We won't beat anybody in the playoffs passing like this.

LayingTheWoodley56
01-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Brown, though largely a no-show today except for a few nice plays, has really emerged as our number one wideout this year, and somewhat shockingly after the hot start that Wallace had. I don't know if it's because teams are keying in on #17 more and hamstringing him that is making the path clear for Brown to really emerge, but at any rate the drop in productivity from Wallace in the second half of the season has been alarming. A few big plays from him could be the difference in the playoffs.

In terms of Heath, I cannot for the life of me understand why he's not used as a reciever more often, in third down and red zone situations. Maybe Arians just isn't a big fan of the tight end spot in general, but it is a real head scratcher. That first drive in the NE game was one of our best of the year, when Heath was getting the ball every other play.