PDA

View Full Version : What Is Your Pregame Ritual?

Lyn
06-24-2006, 11:28 PM
Put on my Steeler clothes, say a prayer, have a shot of coffee, and go for the gold!~

CAH
06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Must wear Steeler clothes.
Wear Steeler bracelets.
Drink from a Steeler mug.
Hang my Steeler flag outside.
Put my Terrible Towel on the TV.
Prepare to record the game.
Accept no phone calls while game is on.
If anyone dares come to my house during the game, they better be prepared to watch the game or leave.

LOL That's off the top of my head.

SteelerzGirl
06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Put on my Steelers gear, put my rosaries in my pocket (I do!), make sure I have enough beverages, and cheer on the Black 'n Gold!

BBC
06-24-2006, 11:50 PM
I usually turn on the TV...

Blitzburgh55
06-24-2006, 11:56 PM
Well my dad high five all the steelers autographs he has i really dont have any just wear steelers clothes and wear my steelhead

CantStop85
06-25-2006, 12:03 AM
I sacrifice a cow for Shiva.

BBC
06-25-2006, 12:09 AM
I sacrifice a cow for Shiva.

I usually save that for Monday Night Games.

Maidenarcher
06-25-2006, 12:54 AM
Make threats of how I do not want to be interupted for anything, especially stupid stuff while the game is on.....

Prosdo
06-25-2006, 04:30 AM
Pregame Ritual would be put on my Hines Ward jersey and my black and gold Pittsburgh bracelet. Grab the terrible towel and head down to the bar to watch the game.

83-Steelers-43
06-25-2006, 05:56 AM

:sofunny:

shimmysteelerfan
06-25-2006, 12:41 PM
i put on my troy jersey, my big ben hat, one terrible towel in the back pocket. and turn the phone off cause as soon as we get behind all those a-holes start calling. i turn the t.v. on the room cause if we are down i have to go watch it by my self.

CAH
06-25-2006, 01:22 PM
I usually turn on the TV...
No doubt about it, you really put yourself out. :drink: LMAO

Stlrs4Life
06-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Home games:

Wake up early, drive to Heinz Field tailgate like heck.

Away games, go to church, go to my brothers and watch it.

SteelShooter
06-25-2006, 10:23 PM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelShooter
06-25-2006, 10:46 PM
- Wake up...........get the coffee pot going with some outstanding freshly ground beans (nothing South American, must be African, Indian, or Sumatran).

- Get all the Black-n-Gold on my person that I can

- Take all my Steeler Cards (baseball-type cards) and place them ritually atop the TV armoir. Now they must be perfect also, Ben behind the line, Hines up front, Jerome was behind Ben...you know.

- Put the flags out off the balcony for all to see (remember, I'm in Charger Band-wagon country).

- Put a few things out around the front door.

- Whatever is left over that is Steelers; jackets, parkas, pictures, socks (yes, I said socks!), key-chains (have a lot of them), gloves...anything/everything! ...even one black and one gold cloth napkin. It all gets put up around the living room. If I'm not wearing it and it's something Steelers......it gets hung up!

- I set the laptop on the lil japanese coffee table that I have and watch the scores from the other games during commercials so I can root for whoever is playing against the Brownies, Ratbirds, and stray kittens!

- The desktop upstairs is set up with NFL Field Pass so, if for whatever emergency, and it had better be an emergency, I have to run upstairs I can hear the game.

- During the game my Terrible Towel must be folded in a tri-fold for easy whipping over my noggin and must NEVER be out of reach during gametime...Four whips over the head...no more, no less.

- *** Now....I do have one little quirk. I have a Steeler Rain Poncho that gets hung up during the regular season......but NOT during the post-season! It stays locked up in the closet near the front door. The reason is: it was hung up for the first time during the 2004 AFC Championship loss to the Pats. And, unfortunately, it was hanging out during the Colts game this year during the playoffs. Believe it or not, as soon as Jerome fumbled....after I finished yelling and screaming....I looked up and said "Oh My Gawd!!!!" I LITERALLY ran and threw it into the closet and slammed the door closed..........then the field goal was missed and the game was ours. HONEST INJUN! :screwy:

I know it may sound overly superstitious but........................how could I have been so stupid!!!! :banging:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot........I do not drink at home during the game until the second half either....gotta have a clear head so I can transmit all the good vibes (unless, that is, Maddox starts, then I drink and pout)!

You know, I just read this prior to posting and once you guys read it ya'll are gonna think I have one serious case of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder! :hypno:

83-Steelers-43
06-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Depends......

Home Games: Wake up around 7:00 AM. Take a shower. Get the ride stacked and ready for tailgating. Set up tailgate. Eat and drink. Head inside Heinz around 12:30 (for a 1:00 start).

Away games: Wake up around 9:00. Get the house ready for company (clean up and get the grill cleaned and ready for use and beer on ice). Around noon we start grilling. Watch game.

As for the small rituals, I stopped doing that a long time ago. Drove myself crazy and came to the realization that it's all bullshit. :smile:

Motley Nate
06-26-2006, 01:30 AM
Drink beer.
Drink beer.
Drink beer.

In any order.

CAH
06-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Drink beer.
Drink beer.
Drink beer.

In any order.
Your #3 and #2 should change places.

ARKIESTEEL
06-26-2006, 11:08 AM
I dont have any set ones other than the wife the child and i all have to wear the same under wear ever game day. Ok i am a freak also i pick one jersey and i wear it until they get beat than i wear something else. I hate pregame shows Boomer and them guys make me want to shoot the tv. I have come back candles i light if we get down by 2 TDs. I change what I am drinking if things dont go my way. I have made folks go home or go down stairs to watch the game if i think they are bad luck. We ring the Steeler chimes ever time we score. I have got on my knees to watch feild goals. I almost chunk a bottle of champange thru the window when Bus tossed up the ball last year(we was starting to celebrate alittle early). I am crazy and i need help but so do all of you.

blackvelvet
06-27-2006, 12:15 PM
I wear all black and gold on all game days, run down to Giant Eagle with my mom about an hour before game time (new tradition). Oh, and during the playoffs, my dad said that he hadn't changed his underwear until after the Super Bowl (we all backed away when he told us this. I hope he was joking)