PDA

View Full Version : Steelers #1 Defense

frunko1
01-01-2012, 08:26 PM
#1 Total Points 227, ppg, 14.2,

#1 Passing offense, 2760 total, 172/game
#1 Yards, 273/game

Sadly our run defense is terrible this year at 99yds/game finishing around #7-9

Also only 27 takeaways this year. Among the bottom 5.

Felt like a down year for the defense, but numbers wise has been really good. Hopefully the turnovers start to show up in the playoffs.

steelersfan77
01-01-2012, 08:28 PM
My hope is this defense can step it up and start taking the ball away for the playoffs.

Pass def and run def is great but the key is PPG and takeaways.

Ricco Suavez
01-01-2012, 08:30 PM
Pretty good for an "old slow bunch". Some of the young guys have really stepped it up. The takeaways befuddle me though, maybe we get a healthy dose in the playoffs.

Kanata-Steeler
01-01-2012, 08:34 PM
bump,
"Steelers #1 Defense"
:)

55BaileyFan
01-01-2012, 08:46 PM
The secondary does well enough, they are still susceptible to being spread out...UNTIL we play man press. Man, I can't believe how AMAZING they play in man press. We won't face any breakthrough running games except maybe Baltimore.

I don't think there is a complete team in the AFC playoffs...so, with our deficiencies we should be okay.

It does crack me up though about our run D. We will finish between 7-10 which most teams would say is amazing but to us...it is sub-par. I LOVE THAT! We are used to 60 yards per game; 70 yards per game and so on. Our past D's have really spoiled us. *I do agree though that the run D has not been good though...just wanted to point out the irony to it*

Bayz101
01-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Well, I like seeing Troy step up his game today. We need him on top of his game for the playoffs. He's our X-factor.

Steel_Bus_24
01-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Im really worried about the loss of Allen and probably Clark

McCushion is so slow now, our Pass D is going to take a hit

We might overcome Denver but NE and Bal TEs are going to give us loads of problems

Jazzo
01-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Maybe I'm just being picky, but it's hard to believe our Defense is number one. I would like to see more dominance, particulary turnovers and sacks. I was kind of shocked when I saw we were the number one Defense today.

LayingTheWoodley56
01-01-2012, 09:11 PM
#1 Total Points 227, ppg, 14.2,

#1 Passing offense, 2760 total, 172/game
#1 Yards, 273/game

Sadly our run defense is terrible this year at 99yds/game finishing around #7-9

Also only 27 takeaways this year. Among the bottom 5.

Felt like a down year for the defense, but numbers wise has been really good. Hopefully the turnovers start to show up in the playoffs.

It says something about the awesome run defenses that we've had around here that 9th in the league is considered "terrible." We're spoiled, truthfully.

Jazzo
01-01-2012, 09:13 PM
It says something about the awesome run defenses that we've had around here that 9th in the league is considered "terrible." We're spoiled, truthfully.

I think your right... There are so many other teams around the league that wished they had this problem, lol.

effyou515
01-01-2012, 10:35 PM
which do you want a great run defense that sucks a stopping the pass or a good run defense thats very good at stopping the pass?

i know you want a great run defense thats great at stopping the pass to.

in this NFL i'll take the defense thats a little better at stopping the

Eztarget
01-02-2012, 10:15 AM
LOL in the top 10 for run defense is "terrible" ... man how we have become spoiled around here after years of finishing in the top 3 for run.

All those years of holding the Patriots and Colts to under 50 yards rushing really didn't help while Brady and Manning torched us for 40+ points in the air.

Name me one team in the NFL that dominates games on the ground to win? Saints? Nope Brees lives in the air. Pats? LOL. Packers? Nope.

The NFL is mostly a pass happy league now. I'll take our current D.

steelersfan77
01-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Hopefully Pittsburgh's current "D" can shut down the Broncos running game next weekend. They're going to try and shove it down the Steelers throats. The Tebow project hasn't worked out so well in recent weeks and I suspect they're going to go back to their bread and butter. 22 passing attempts by Tebow is still to many. Hopefully the "O" can put some points on the board and force the TEBOW's to grow pass happy.

steeltheone
01-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Houston was that team till all the injuries hit!

Pentheon
01-02-2012, 02:01 PM
Funny how everyone on TV talked about how old our defense got...which I don't understand it was 1 year later and all of the sudden our defense is old?

Yet our old defense is ranked #1 overall again...

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Im really worried about the loss of Allen and probably Clark

McCushion is so slow now, our Pass D is going to take a hit

We might overcome Denver but NE and Bal TEs are going to give us loads of problems

Mundy will play for Clark. He's a Steeler and it's the playoffs, he'll step up. As long as we contain tebow we will be ok.