PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clark

Corey_J
01-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Is it just me or didn't we have to travel to Denver before without him because of a sickness or something ? Is this something to worry about or was it a 1 time deal ?

55BaileyFan
01-01-2012, 07:34 PM
He has sickle cell anemia and the last time he went to Denver he lost nearly twenty pounds and was put on the PUP list. The higher altitude causes ALOT of medical issues and is very serious to his health.

rich4eagle
01-01-2012, 07:35 PM
good points and Clark is one of our very best players

LayingTheWoodley56
01-01-2012, 07:37 PM
To my understanding, it could be a problem. If you recall, he was unable to play there for our last visit in 2009. I read recently (I forget where) that doctors told him that the problem has been eradicated and he should be safe to play there, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to play in this game. If I had to guess, I'd say that he will.

Corey_J
01-01-2012, 07:39 PM
He has sickle cell anemia and the last time he went to Denver he lost nearly twenty pounds and was put on the PUP list. The higher altitude causes ALOT of medical issues and is very serious to his health.
I knew it was something like that. Kinda scary to go into a dominately running teams house without your leading tackler........Those safetys will be playing up in the box all day next week.

Boomer
01-01-2012, 07:46 PM
To my understanding, it could be a problem. If you recall, he was unable to play there for our last visit in 2009. I read recently (I forget where) that doctors told him that the problem has been eradicated and he should be safe to play there, but I'm not sure how accurate that is. I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to play in this game. If I had to guess, I'd say that he will.

He worked out and practiced in 2009 but just didn't want to chance it when they didn't have to have him. He was checked out by doctors while there in 2009 after practicing and was cleared to go.

tanda10506
01-01-2012, 07:51 PM
I dont think he will play. This game is huge and we need him, but death is forever and football picks up again next yeat. Not downplaying the importance of the game or the importance of him playing in it but it's not worth dying over.