PDA

View Full Version : at Browns 2009 revisited

steelerchad
01-01-2012, 09:39 PM
I thought Bruce was going to throw this one away again, literally. It wasn't as cold or windy as the game in 09, but on a cold,windy, and a little snowy day, Bruce thought it would be a good idea to chuck it up 40 times with his gimpy, hobbled QB.

I'm not usually an Arians basher, but I can't understand why you decide to throw all over the place with an injured QB in bad weather when you should be able to just line up and beat the team in front of you. It cost us the playoffs in 09 and could have cost us a bye today if the Ravens faltered.

vasteeler
01-01-2012, 11:53 PM
honestly i think it was a warm up game for ben, he needed it

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Absolute stupidity year in and year out from Arians. He never learns. The worse the weather and qb injuries the more he throws, he passes backwards, he throws 5 wide on 3rd and 1 and runs up the middle on 3rd and 15, he's in the twilight zone. We have one of the best qb's, one of the best receiving corps, and a decent pass blocking line, there is something holding this offense back. I have been saying for years that the arrogance and stupity of Arians and, up until the pats game, failure to adapt on defense, would eventually catch up to them. The defense has showed they can adapt to win when needed, but the offense, with all this talent, will eventually have to play to their potential or it will cost them a chance for the championship.

DanRooney
01-02-2012, 01:06 AM
I can't blame this game on Arians. Ben is just playing bad football on his injured ankle. Overthrowing, Underthrowing. He's lucky he didn't throw 2 or 3 picks in the game.

saveus1011
01-02-2012, 01:11 AM
Interestingly enough, and considering Quinn is now a Bronco, I wrote a Facebook note on the matter. If you've seen THE CROW, you know this. Enjoy, hopefully:

EXT. ALLEY - NIGHT

BRADY QUINN rubs his hands through his hair and kneels on the ground.

On a nearby building, BEN ROETHLISBERGER, still in facepaint, does a swan dive off the top of a building. He crashes into a bunch of trashbags.

Ben laughs. Brady slowly walks toward Ben, who stands.

BRADY
What are you all painted up for? Halloween already passed.

Ben rubs his jersey and walks over to Brady. They exchange blows and engage in a fight.

Ben tackles Brady into some trashcans and strangles Brady. Brady hits Ben as hard as he can to no avail.

Ben grabs Brady's next punch and swings him into a wall. He walks over to him and puts his hand against his neck.

BEN
Murderer!

BRADY
I ain't murder nobody man, I don't know what you're talking about man!

FLASHBACK

Ben has a quick flashback of the 2009 Thursday Night game against the Browns that the Steelers lost.

BEN
I want you to tell me a story. A team defending their championship two years ago.

BRADY
You're out of your mind.

BEN
Listen! I'm sure you'll remember. You killed them. On December 10th.

BRADY
Yeah, the Steelers. Yeah, I shanked their playoff hopes and Cleveland loved it.

Brady headbutts Ben. He picks up a lead pipe and bashes Ben's back in.

BRADY
Killing the Steelers? Kilin' Pittsburgh?! Let me tell you something about killing the Steelers.

Brady removes his trenchcoat.

BRADY
It's fun, and it's easy.

Brady pulls out two knives.

BRADY
And there's not going to be a Super Bowl this year in the 'Burgh.

Ben stands up. Brady throws his first knife.

Ben slaps it out of the way.

Brady, angered, tosses another.

Ben ducks out of the way of that one.

BEN
Try harder. Try again!

Brady YELLS before he tosses the next one.

Ben catches this one and flings it back at Brady. He hits him.

Brady grunts against a wooden board as Ben walks up to him and pulls out another knife.

BEN
Elimination. How's it feel?

He stabs Brady with the knife.

TO BE CONTINUED

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 01:21 AM
I can't blame this game on Arians. Ben is just playing bad football on his injured ankle. Overthrowing, Underthrowing. He's lucky he didn't throw 2 or 3 picks in the game.

I agree with Ben being "off" for weeks, not just this game, but overall Arians is the main holdback.

Whodis
01-02-2012, 07:34 AM
I was impressed with the passing on 3rd and short and the running on 3rd and long. Arians is such a trickster!!

I really have a lot of respect for Hines Ward, but the quest for the milestone was getting in the way of a football game at points.

4xSBChamps
01-02-2012, 08:08 AM
... passing on 3rd and short and the running on 3rd and long. Arians is such a trickster!!

"Nobody can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/TV%20shows/ColonelFlagg.jpg

I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion!!!"

plenewken
01-02-2012, 08:44 AM

You mean Arians doesn't know Ben's ankle is injured??? Of course he does, and he can even see how poorly Ben throws. Doesn't seem to have any effect on his calls though. He's a terrible OC, period.
I sincerely hope his @ss is gone this year, no ifs, ands or buts.

jjpro11
01-02-2012, 09:37 AM
what held us back in this game was the wind.. i thought Ben had enough mobility to make plays moving around in the pocket, and he did at times. i thought he also had some good zip on the ball. the wind took away our vertical passing game and made it much harder to move the ball through the air. you can blame Arians for trying to throw it as much as he did given the conditions, but Ben looked more than capable of handling the load. this was definitely not the same Ben we saw on Monday night two weeks ago.

theplatypus
01-02-2012, 10:13 AM
We ran the ball almost 40 times despite losing Mendy in the 1st and some of you are still crying.