PDA

View Full Version : Hines gets 1,000

steelerchad
01-01-2012, 09:43 PM
I wasn't happy with the way this played out. Running that shovel pass and getting his 1,000th catch on a 3 yard loss while the game remained in question was BS if you ask me. The Ravens were in the midst of a 4 point game at the time and so were we. I like Hines and was glad to see him get the record, but forcing a play to him where he's much less suited then one of the faster guys in a tight game with meaning wasn't right.

ETL
01-01-2012, 09:45 PM
very anticlimactic, I agree

harts
01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
good
now he can retire in peace

jjpro11
01-01-2012, 11:54 PM
it wasn't like we were having much success throwing downfield. it was a safe play that had a chance to catch the Browns off guard. it didn't work, oh well. what would have sucked is if Hines stayed on 999 heading into the playoffs, suffered a serious injury, and was forced into retirement.

he deserved to have a play or two "sacrificed" if you will, in order to allow him to reach the 1,000 reception milestone. playing in a run-first offense most of his career, catching the majority of his passes before all these ridiculous rule changes came into effect that protect receivers and glorify passing, his playing style as one of the most physical receivers of all-time, making a career out of catching the ball over the middle and getting hit, and playing for one team his entire career... yeah, the Steelers owed it to him. i thought it was really cool he reached that milestone in our rival's stadium.. he has tormented the Browns his whole career and the fans in Cleveland can't stand him.

he's only the 8th player ever to catch 1,000 passes. i am sure quite a few receivers will reach that mark over the next decade with these stupid video game-like passing stats QBs are able to put up. Ward's collection of 1,000 receptions are about the most impressive you will see though.

DanRooney
01-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Nice play on his 1,000th. It definitely wasn't padding his stats there.

Rick5895
01-02-2012, 05:22 AM

So What they padded his stats, Hines is/was a great player for us and this team and coaching staff showed him the respect he deserved to get him his 1000th catch.
You've trashed Ward all season, and this sarcasm is getting really old. You make some really good points and arguments from time to time but your "hater" mentality to one of the greatest players to wear the Steelers uniform is just plain wrong.
Can't you just be happy that a great player got a big milestone?

steeltheone
01-02-2012, 05:55 AM
Way to go Hines ...A true Steeler Warrior!:tt04:

finesward
01-02-2012, 08:29 AM
So What they padded his stats, Hines is/was a great player for us and this team and coaching staff showed him the respect he deserved to get him his 1000th catch.
You've trashed Ward all season, and this sarcasm is getting really old. You make some really good points and arguments from time to time but your "hater" mentality to one of the greatest players to wear the Steelers uniform is just plain wrong.

I bet he thought they were padding jerome's stats in 2005 :noidea: what steeler fan doesn't like hines?? answer: not a real steeler fan. fantasy football fan, maybe...but not a real steeler fan

stb_steeler
01-02-2012, 10:05 AM

So true Bro........GO HINES!!! :tt02:

harrison'samonster
01-02-2012, 10:10 AM

yeah you need to keep your Hines bashing down, you're starting to sound like a Ravens troll. it's really not appreciated.

You seem to think that it's funny to pick on Hines because some people on here wanted to see him finish out his last few seasons on top. You're out of place with the attitude.

I don't think anybody around here wants to hear anymore about it.

SteelBlaze1
01-02-2012, 11:01 AM

Well said...I agree 100%

We could have tossed him five stupid passes for the game...I didn't care...Hines as been one of the best all-time Steelers and deserved the record. It was the least we could do for all that he has done for the Steelers.

Go Hines...all the way to Canton!

Pentheon
01-02-2012, 12:52 PM
However he got it, congrats to em...well deserving, love hines.

I hope he continues to play for a few more years.

Kanata-Steeler
01-02-2012, 01:39 PM
There is a big difference between a player "selfishly" padding his own "stats", as opposed to one where the entire TEAM wants to pad his stats.
need I say more ?
... unlike Holmes,.... get it now ?!
Good.
Kudos, and bring a little more magic Hines, one more time.

steelbad@50
01-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Way to go Hines ...A true Steeler Warrior!:tt04:

I second that motion, congrats to the man we all respect, Hines Ward :drink::thumbsup::applaudit:

DanRooney
01-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Well it was just funny to me that a certain member named Mach didn't believe the Steelers were doing that this season. Bringing it up multiple times so I thought I'd return the favor.

Wrong again buddy. :thumbsup:

MACH1
01-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Well it was just funny to me that a certain member named Mach didn't believe the Steelers were doing that this season. Bringing it up multiple times so I thought I'd return the favor.

Wrong again buddy. :thumbsup:

Sorry couldn't hear you through your.........

U43Ate3Itjs

DanRooney
01-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Sorry couldn't hear you through your.........

U43Ate3Itjs

Awe cute sucking off hipchest again. Can you do anything on your own :applaudit:

Originality fail.

MACH1
01-02-2012, 02:32 PM
Poor lil baby I think it's :binky: time for you.

Whats with your oral fixation anyway

Kanata-Steeler
01-02-2012, 02:37 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

tony hipchest
01-02-2012, 03:21 PM
yeah you need to keep your Hines bashing down, you're starting to sound like a Ravens troll. it's really not appreciated.

You seem to think that it's funny to pick on Hines because some people on here wanted to see him finish out his last few seasons on top. You're out of place with the attitude.

I don't think anybody around here wants to hear anymore about it.:applaudit: :yep:

he "started" sounding like a troll months ago. its just taken him this long to expose himself as the uber-troll extrordanaire, i called him out on being, beginning the season.

DanRooney
01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
:applaudit: :yep:

he "started" sounding like a troll months ago. its just taken him this long to expose himself as the uber-troll extrordanaire, i called him out on being, beginning the season.

And I called you out for being a moron at the beginning of the season who didn't know what he was talking about. I hit that right on the spot. :applaudit:

ricardisimo
01-02-2012, 03:30 PM
Back on track, boys. I think it is fantastic that Hines got it with (potentially) his last regular season game, 1000 exactly. Kudos to him.
:applaudit: :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :drink:

tony hipchest
01-02-2012, 03:31 PM
Awe cute sucking off hipchest again. Can you do anything on your own :applaudit:

Originality fail.

Troll fail-

ueywqUBW3oM

:troll:

Bayz101
01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Back on track, boys. I think it is fantastic that Hines got it with (potentially) his last regular season game, 1000 exactly. Kudos to him.
:applaudit: :hatsoff: :thumbsup: :drink:

I'm not sure, but I think he has 1,001. I swore he caught another pass after the milestone grab.

ricardisimo
01-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I'm not sure, but I think he has 1,001. I swore he caught another pass after the milestone grab.
Nope. He needed five, and he got five.

How the hell did Donald Driver - a year older than Hines, and with so many memorable seasons in Green Bay in a prolific passing offense - wind up with almost 300 receptions less than him? :huh:

harrison'samonster
01-02-2012, 05:14 PM

How the hell did Donald Driver - a year older than Hines, and with so many memorable seasons in Green Bay in a prolific passing offense - wind up with almost 300 receptions less than him? :huh:

I've actually wondered the same thing. He's had Favre and now Rodgers throwing to him, and Hines Ward has more catches. I mean, the Steelers just don't throw nearly as much, especially earlier in Ben's career. Then there was always the Kordell years.

stb_steeler
01-02-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WardHi00.htm
Hines stats thru the years......

ricardisimo
01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WardHi00.htm
He caught more pass's than what we thought!
:huh:
He has 1000 receptions, which is exactly what we thought. :noidea:

stb_steeler
01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
:huh:
He has 1000 receptions, which is exactly what we thought. :noidea:

OK....class dismissed.....:rofl:

Bayz101
01-02-2012, 08:32 PM

Hines Ward caught 100+ receptions in 2002, and Driver's never caught more than 92 in his career. Hines simply was targeted more throughout his career. Greg Jennings entered the league in 2006, and since then Driver's numbers have decreased.

Edit: Not to mention Tommy Maddox would throw 50+ times a game.

SonsofNorway
01-03-2012, 11:10 PM
Driver's had some injuries as well. Congrats to my favorite Steeler Hines. so great to see. If he's not with us next year I will be sad, but I'm starting to come to grips with it.