PDA

View Full Version : Steelers can EASILY lose this game and Drive Tim Tebow into sainthood

harts
01-01-2012, 11:01 PM
With Mendy out and Ben having one of those days with Bad weather could easily mean a Steeler loss

There is a proven way to stop Tim Tebow but all the Defense has to do is keep it close and this guy could pull one out

I am sure Tomlin will have the troops ready but I wouldnt be surprised if the Steelers lose this one

skaaat
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Of course the old saying "Any given Sunday" applies, but I really don't see us losing to the Broncos.

They managed a piddly 3 points against the Chiefs today, got crushed by the Bills 2 weeks ago, and got embarrassed by the Patriots 3 weeks ago.

It was only a matter of time (4 or 5 weeks) before a team came up with a game plan to stop Tebow on offense, and if New England's crappy defense can do it, I sure as hell hope we can. Remember the Wild Cat offense that was so dominant in the NFL for about half a year? As soon as someone figures out how to stop it, it becomes very ineffective. I believe the same is true for Tebow.

If the Steelers go out and play relatively mistake free football and don't give up stupid big plays, they should have no problem getting a victory in Denver.

ZoneBlitzer
01-01-2012, 11:15 PM
I can see it happening. I'm opting for one and done. The reason? The offense. It's putrid. And the incompetence along with the turnovers will rear its ugly head in Denver. The Steelers won't lose to the Broncos and Tebow, they'll defeat themselves.

If it doesn't happen in Denver, it'll occur the next week. The terrible O will get it done and impale the rest of the team.

jjpro11
01-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I can see it happening. I'm opting for one and done. The reason? The offense. It's putrid. And the incompetence along with the turnovers will rear its ugly head in Denver. The Steelers won't lose to the Broncos and Tebow, they'll defeat themselves.

If it doesn't happen in Denver, it'll occur the next week. The terrible O will get it done and impale the rest of the team.

i'm not too optimistic about our run this year, but that was pretty much what we were saying heading into the 2008 playoffs.. and look what happened. maybe they catch fire, i don't know.

BlaZeQuietly
01-01-2012, 11:35 PM
you've got to be kidding me, i see a 21-10 victory

Steel_Bus_24
01-01-2012, 11:42 PM
We need our running game to be a legit threat.....otherwise dumervil and Von Miller will eat us up

LVSteelersfan
01-01-2012, 11:46 PM
The Steelers are going to kick TeBlow's A $ $ all over the place. Just don't let Champ Bailey get any pick sixes and keep the dogs off Ben, then this should be a cakewalk. Tebow is going to find out why Polomolu was the defensive player of the year last year. He closes faster than anyone Tebow has ever seen. If Woodley is good to go, Tebow is going to crap the bed when Harrison and Woodley close on him.

harts
01-01-2012, 11:53 PM
The Steelers are going to kick TeBlow's A $ $ all over the place. Just don't let Champ Bailey get any pick sixes and keep the dogs off Ben, then this should be a cakewalk. Tebow is going to find out why Polomolu was the defensive player of the year last year. He closes faster than anyone Tebow has ever seen. If Woodley is good to go, Tebow is going to crap the bed when Harrison and Woodley close on him.

I agree - and you make all the sense in the world

but the Denver defense is good.
It's the Broncos offense that is horrible.

the Steelers have a bad habit of playing to the level of the competition and they dont do all that great when they are obvious favorites.

I am really worried about this one

finesward
01-02-2012, 12:04 AM
I noticed no drop off by redman besides he caught the fumble bug late there and was yanked... if he keeps the ball protected he will be able to create enough 2nd and 5's to keep their d at bay. He's not going to take it 50 yards like mendy can but he can keep a d honest. He runs hard and always grinds out a few yards when he gets moving. I didn't like how they kept trying to throw it to him out of the backfield, he seemed a bit out of sync. That's something they will need to practice this week for sure. Red and Clay will do fine. Your not going to slash the denver d but you can at least try to wear them down with the guys we got. Trying not to look past denver but i watched tebow today and he looked downright atrocious. Some of the worst football I've seen from a starting qb EVER. If ever there was a game to get the defense revved up its this one. They will get plenty of licks on him and the db's should be looking to pick a few off as well. We need the offense to show up and get 14 on them early.

saveus1011
01-02-2012, 12:06 AM
I really have a bad feeling the Super Bowl loss last year is going to hurt more after Sunday. :(

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 12:29 AM
We have the ability to crush them, we will probably beat them in what will be a close game, but we could play down and lose like we have before. I don't see Denver scoring on us and I think the offense will play better than today and at least make some scoring drives. If the receivers dissapear, like Wallice has been, then we could struggle, but overall this defense should completely shutdown Tebow. This is the first real defense Tebow has seen. I haven't been confident mucn this year, but this team knows how to win in the playoffs. We can get hot and make it!

Bayz101
01-02-2012, 01:51 AM
OH MY GOD! THE SKY IS FALLING! But, no. In all seriousness, we'll win next week, and we'll win by 10+.

steelfury02
01-02-2012, 06:41 AM
Bless your heart if you think this offense can do anything to carry this team past the wild card - and even at that I guarantee it will be because the defense did its part.

The whole a win is a win mentality is great - except for when you don't win - then what's the excuse?

Answer - "We just didn't execute and they did. They whooped us." No - REALLY?

They have zero killer mentality to completely annihilate a team. If we even caught half that mentality plus our defense - which is leaps and bounds better than NE's, GB's, and NO - we would steam roll anyone, anywhere, anytime - but we don't. Hell - all three of those teams could easily win by just showing up and playing mistake free - but no - they want to run up the score and completely demoralize teams - they keep the foot on the pedal and look like they are from another planet.

Damn GB backup broke some records and had 6TDs and all the Steelers can manage is "A win is a win"

Sorry - not doing crap this year

kirklandrules
01-02-2012, 07:17 AM
Remember the Wild Cat offense that was so dominant in the NFL for about half a year? As soon as someone figures out how to stop it, it becomes very ineffective. I believe the same is true for Tebow.

The Steelers were one of the best at shutting down the wildcat when everyone was pissing themselves over defending against it. I'd play Timmons as a spy and hammer Tebow every time he even thinks of running. And he's been fumbling the ball when he's been getting hit. Steelers should win this game like it's a tune-up for the real games.

btaylor179
01-02-2012, 07:28 AM
i agree 100% with steelfury.....our offense is horrible

rgj
01-02-2012, 07:31 AM
the Steelers have a bad habit of playing to the level of the competition and they dont do all that great when they are obvious favorites.

I am really worried about this one

I too am worried about this one. The Steelers don't seem to have a killer instinct. I don't expect much success from the offense and defensively, I expect it to be real close.

Plus, it's AT Denver.

Right now, unfortunately I'm thinking 19-3 Denver.

2 INT....one a pick 6, two fumbles...one by Ben, one by Redman.

And....not forgetting a few shots of Tomlin on the sidelines with his famous 'deer-in-the-headlights" look.

Anyway, hoping for a Steelers victory, but not real optimisitc....

:tt04:

TRH
01-02-2012, 07:51 AM
I think we SHOULD win this game. But i'm seeing a lot of comment and behavior around from our fans that "we've already won this game........who do you want to play 2nd kind of talk?" and stuff like that.
We barely beat the Browns yesterday. So yes, even though we should win it on paper, we could easily go in there and lose. I could see that happening.

FanSince72
01-02-2012, 07:52 AM
For Chrissakes, what a bunch of washwomen!

Denver?

Are you serious?

What, because of yesterday?

What I saw yesterday was a QB who wanted to "be out there" while his leg was saying, "Are you kidding?"
Ben played like crap because he felt like crap. It was damp, it was cold, it was Cleveland and I think he played like a guy who would rather be anyplace else, but I take that for what it's worth.

It was a game that meant nothing -- especially as the day wore on and it was obvious that Cincy wasn't going anywhere.
At that point, I know that I was bored to tears and just wanted the game to end and even I didn't care who won and I think everyone out on that field felt the same way.

Next week, however, is where it all begins; it's the playoffs and leg or no leg THAT is Ben's wheelhouse and his adrenaline will be flowing and he, as well as the rest of the team, will be amped and ready to kick ass.

It's gonna be: "Mr. Tebow, meet Mssrs, Harrison and Woodley and Mr. Baily, meet the Steelers' wide receivers (as well as a couple of tanks we like to call tight ends).
Ben will be primed and ready to go because this game means something and I think he's gonna be a rock star!

Come on, dudes, stop the hand-wringing and get pumped!
It's party time now and time for the fun to REALLY start!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO! :applaudit::tt04::tt02::tt03:

Goldsteel86
01-02-2012, 08:06 AM
Now I know what I am going to say will be debateable, however, Ben looked like he was mor than 60% yesterday. As a matter of fact I believe he was kept on a very short leash, for someone that is 60%, why did he play the whole game? Now IMO, the defense is starting to gain rhythm, Troy played lights out yesterday, Clark is really starting to become a beast and is coming into his own and Keisel, well he was his usual self, he was Keisel. I believe that Teblow (No I spelled it that way intentionally), is in for quite a long day, a very long day!

finesward
01-02-2012, 08:24 AM

Denver?

Are you serious?

What I saw yesterday was a QB who wanted to "be out there" while his leg was saying, "Are you kidding?"
Ben played like crap because he felt like crap. It was damp, it was cold, it was Cleveland and I think he played like a guy who would rather be anyplace else, but I take that for what it's worth.

It was a game that meant nothing -- especially as the day wore on and it was obvious that Cincy wasn't going anywhere.
At that point, I know that I was bored to tears and just wanted the game to end and even I didn't care who won and I think everyone out on that field felt the same way.

Next week, however, is where it all begins; it's the playoffs and leg or no leg THAT is Ben's wheelhouse and his adrenaline will be flowing and he, as well as the rest of the team, will be amped and ready to kick ass.

It's gonna be: "Mr. Tebow, meet Mssrs, Harrison and Woodley and Mr. Baily, meet the Steelers' wide receivers (as well as a couple of tanks we like to call tight ends).
Ben will be primed and ready to go because this game means something and I think he's gonna be a rock star!

I've never seen so many butthurt fans because we didn't put up a 40 burger on Cleveland.... All the offensive woes can be corrected, it's not like the talent has suddenly gone away. I'm glad ben got this out of his system before the playoffs

LayingTheWoodley56
01-02-2012, 08:27 AM
I agree with you, FanSince72. Are you guys seriously worried about losing this game? Tom Jackson, who was a Bronco so if anything he would go the other way on this, just said on Sportscenter that he doesn't know if the Broncos - and I quote - can score AT ALL. At all! They just scored 3 points in the biggest game of the season against a below .500 team. They've failed to score basically all season. They got their asses handed to them by the Buffalo-freaking-Bills LAST WEEK! Say what you want about our offense, our chances going forward and all that, but there is next to no chance that we have any problem handling this team.

The negativity on this board is shocking. How bout we all be a little grateful that our team just won 12 games after going to the Super Bowl last season? And, forgive me if I'm wrong - which I'm not - but our offense has always put up stinkers like this, even in our best years. We almost lost to Buffalo last season...and then we went to the Super Bowl. I wasn't a member here last year, but I'm sure there were tons of people spouting the same doom and gloom. In 2008, we failed to show up on offense until late in the 4th quarter against Dallas, put up 6 points until the final offensive play against Baltimore, and then got rolled by Tennessee in Week 16...and then we WON the Super Bowl. Any team can win or lose in this tournament. Neither Baltimore nor New England has a better or worse chance than us of going all the way.

It's an insult and disgrace for us as fans to be worried about our team, and the guys who have been here for so long and won so many playoff games - Case, Keis, Ben, Hines, Troy, Ike, Woodley, Harrison, Heath, Farrior - losing to this PATHETIC Denver Bronco team. Not only do I think we will win, I think its going to be a complete and total laugher. I would honestly be surprised if they score a single point.

Prediction: Steelers 27, Broncos 0

IowaSteeler927
01-02-2012, 08:28 AM
The offense really wasn't that horrible. Ben was throwing a lot better than he was against the Niners and mind you all there was a 30mph wind going. The wind definitely sailed some of his throws that he would of likely completed otherwise. It was also a rivalry game. The Brownies weren't just going to lay down and let us steamroll them to go into the playoffs with momentum they wanted to smack us in the mouth and hurt us going into the playoffs. We won and a W is a W. I think Tomlin will get these guys ready and Redman is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder after those two fumbles that really hurt us. I'm looking for Tebow to throw at least 3 interceptions against our defense.

FanSince72
01-02-2012, 08:32 AM
The offense really wasn't that horrible. Ben was throwing a lot better than he was against the Niners and mind you all there was a 30mph wind going. The wind definitely sailed some of his throws that he would of likely completed otherwise. It was also a rivalry game. The Brownies weren't just going to lay down and let us steamroll them to go into the playoffs with momentum they wanted to smack us in the mouth and hurt us going into the playoffs. We won and a W is a W. I think Tomlin will get these guys ready and Redman is going to be playing with a chip on his shoulder after those two fumbles that really hurt us. I'm looking for Tebow to throw at least 3 interceptions against our defense.

There you go!

Now THAT is what a Steeler fan SHOULD be thinking!

LayingTheWoodley56
01-02-2012, 08:33 AM
I too am worried about this one. The Steelers don't seem to have a killer instinct. I don't expect much success from the offense and defensively, I expect it to be real close.

Plus, it's AT Denver.

Right now, unfortunately I'm thinking 19-3 Denver.

2 INT....one a pick 6, two fumbles...one by Ben, one by Redman.

And....not forgetting a few shots of Tomlin on the sidelines with his famous 'deer-in-the-headlights" look.

Anyway, hoping for a Steelers victory, but not real optimisitc....

:tt04:

What a ridiculous post, and I don't mean to personally attack you but this is completely ridiculous. First of all, "deer in headlights" look? This is a coach who has presided over 4 playoff teams in 5 seasons, two of which went to the Super Bowl, one of which won the whole thing. That is simply his demeanor on the sidelines, he's not very demonstrative like say, Tom Coughlin, who hasn't won a playoff game with the Giants outside of their one Super Bowl run. Every team should be so lucky to have a coach who looks so "deer in headlights" on the sidelines. I think that his mental state and leadership is the complete opposite.

Second, 19-3!? Against a team who got their asses kicked 2 out of the last 3 games of the season, who just scored 3 points at home in the biggest game of the year, whose been a complete and utter mockery to the sport of football all year, winning games 13-10 with miraculous victories pulled out of their asses? A pick six is something way too random and specific to predict, also.

Couldn't care less that its "at Denver." The game yesterday was at Denver also, and a poor Chiefs team held them to 3 points. The 2005 AFC title game was also at Denver, and we embarrassed them.

In closing, I apologize again for going off, but honestly I will bet you a very large sum of money that the final score of this game will be nothing resembling 19-3, Broncos. Seriously.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-02-2012, 08:34 AM
Tebow is not going to cause us much problems. We will get 4 turnovers at least. 24-10

Satan is coming to town with his little friends. Tebow is going to need more help than the big guy upstairs can get him.

Ben moved pretty good, looked like it tweaked it a bit late, but he was able to step up. Troy finally played an entire game consistently. 40 moh winds isn't easy, but Ben made better passes as the game went on and got into the grove a bit. Broncs do not worry me at all.

Wallace's head is getting a bit to big I think, as he has been MIA for weeks. In a windy game you need to stay home not running wild. Someone on the team needs to get in his head before he becomes Santonio.

steelbad@50
01-02-2012, 08:37 AM

Thats the key for me as well.If Woodly and Harrison are both healthy and play, Tebow is in for a rough day. It wont even be close!:tt04:

Curtain_of_Steel
01-02-2012, 08:49 AM
Hopefully Woodley Hammy is ready to go, as its obviously not still fatigued, lol.

Eztarget
01-02-2012, 09:02 AM
Tebow and the Bronco's don't below in the playoffs. The Steelers will win easily next week ending the idiotic "Tebowmania".

It's the following week that has me concerned. I know they can beat the Ravens and yes they did beat Brady earlier in the year but I don't see them winning on the road in New England. You just don't beat Belecheat twice in one season. I'd seriously like to have Cincy win next week so we get the Ravens again. We know each other and most of our games are a toss up. Plus we are in the Ravens playoff heads.

soulkitchen
01-02-2012, 10:56 AM
If this team doesn't turn the ball over, we don't loose to anyone, anywhere.

NoFieldFive
01-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Broncos don't deserve to be in the playoffs but last year the Seahawks should not have been there and they knocked off the Saints. Homefield is dangerous.

If Woodley goes he's not going to be able to go full force entire game. if McFadden is out there for Clark that could be be trouble as he's awful. Troy messing with Tebow will be the biggest factor

Buddha Bus
01-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Broncos don't deserve to be in the playoffs but last year the Seahawks should not have been there and they knocked off the Saints. Homefield is dangerous.

If Woodley goes he's not going to be able to go full force entire game. if McFadden is out there for Clark that could be be trouble as he's awful. Troy messing with Tebow will be the biggest factor

Why would McFadden be out there in place of Clark? McFadden's a corner. Ryan Mundy will start in place of Clark Sunday.

Kanata-Steeler
01-02-2012, 11:49 AM
SNL already made him a Saint.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6vat1DIRI

tburhans
01-02-2012, 12:29 PM
Steelers need to set the tone early. Score some points and silence the crowd. Stop the run and you stop the broncos. One hard hit on Tebow and he might think twice about running it everytime. If we make them one dimensional, thats when our d is at its best

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 12:39 PM
It's the following week that has me concerned. I know they can beat the Ravens and yes they did beat Brady earlier in the year but I don't see them winning on the road in New England. You just don't beat Belecheat twice in one season. I'd seriously like to have Cincy win next week so we get the Ravens again. We know each other and most of our games are a toss up. Plus we are in the Ravens playoff heads.

We know how to beat the pats now but the question is have they found something to counter our last gameplan. I can see us beating them again if we play the way we did, I feel our chanes are 50/50. We will have to play the pats either way if we are going to go the SB, the bengals/texans wont beat anybody. IMO we have little chance of beating the rats at home, we will have to play flawless and take the crowd out of it, i've been saying for a while now that home field means everything this year. That "in their heads stuff" is long dead.

theplatypus
01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Steelers need to set the tone early. Score some points and silence the crowd. Stop the run and you stop the broncos. One hard hit on Tebow and he might think twice about running it everytime. If we make them one dimensional, thats when our d is at its best

We don't need to make them one dimensional, they are one dimensional.

Pentheon
01-02-2012, 12:58 PM
Of course we COULD lose, any team can lose any given day. I don't see it happening though, we have the #1 ranked defense overall with the #1 pass defense overall, I don't believe we will allow tebow to run like all the other teams do, and I HIGHLY doubt hes gonna beat us with his arm.

If the broncos didnt have a good defense they wouldnt even be in the playoffs, thats the only think I think is gonna help them against us with ben not being 100%

I still see us whooping that ass though :thumbsup:

harrison'samonster
01-02-2012, 01:04 PM
Denver's got a great D and they've shown that they can win close games, and they will have home field (although that didn't do them much good in 05). Of course they deserve respect as a playoff team, but they are one-dimensional and we should be able to beat them.

Busforever
01-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Broncos? Bah, Big Ben should rest his ankle and get his bye week, we will win with Charlie Batch:chuckle:

SteelWolf62
01-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Denver?

Are you serious?

Thank You!!! Where did the Steelers fans go?

I see the Steelers coming out with the no huddle and throwing points up early so everyone can see how putrid the Denver offense is. Geesh, even the bonehead fans who were calling for Tebow are having serious doubts. I work with a few of them. Being a Steelers fan living in Denver the past few games the Steelers were here have been great with the Steelers victories and I don't see that changing this time around.

SoCalFan
01-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Broncos? Bah, Big Ben should rest his ankle and get his bye week, we will win with Charlie Batch:chuckle:

I was thinking the same thing!:tt03: In reality, the Broncs have a pretty good defense but our D SHOULD limit them to 2 maybe 3 field goals! Steelers 10, Broncs 9!

NEWstevo
01-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Iím a life long Steeler fan, but also a realistic one. The Steelers are a better team than Denver but with the injuries I am not feeling too confident.

I know the Broncoís are backing into the playoffs with 3 straight losses, but Iím not concerned with how they may or may not play. What worries me is how Pittsburgh might play on Sunday. All season my Stillers have been playing down to the competition, but at least they have been squeaking out wins.

When they play mistake-free ball there isnít a team that will beat the Steelers. Unfortunately that never happens. This year, they are a turnover machine. And that is deadly in the playoffs (i.e. Super Bowl 45).

Tebow is a great running QB and that is one of Pittsburghís few Achilles heels. If he is able to pick up large chunks of yardage (especially on 3rd down) it will be the same as getting a turn over (not that teams have needed any help this year).

Iím not saying the sky is falling, but this matchup has me very concerned and it is VERY possible to see my Steelers go one and done.

FanSince72
01-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Iím a life long Steeler fan, but also a realistic one. The Steelers are a better team than Denver but with the injuries I am not feeling too confident.

I know the Broncoís are backing into the playoffs with 3 straight losses, but Iím not concerned with how they may or may not play. What worries me is how Pittsburgh might play on Sunday. All season my Stillers have been playing down to the competition, but at least they have been squeaking out wins.

When they play mistake-free ball there isnít a team that will beat the Steelers. Unfortunately that never happens. This year, they are a turnover machine. And that is deadly in the playoffs (i.e. Super Bowl 45).

Tebow is a great running QB and that is one of Pittsburghís few Achilles heels. If he is able to pick up large chunks of yardage (especially on 3rd down) it will be the same as getting a turn over (not that teams have needed any help this year).

Iím not saying the sky is falling, but this matchup has me very concerned and it is VERY possible to see my Steelers go one and done.

Repeat after me:

Tebow...Is...Roadkill,

Even... Jesus... Can't... Help... Him.

Say that loudly and say that often., OK?

saveus1011
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Haven't been this wound up since the last playoff game we were in. That didn't turn out so well.

IF we win, this is going to be a long postseason.

Fire Arians
01-03-2012, 11:24 AM
if we lose to tebow, we sad. denver doesn't belong in the playoffs

grward
01-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Steelers should beat the ponies, no doubt! It won't be a blowout IMO though. For whatever reason, teams play their toughest ball against our Steelers. I'm not so sure that we play down to their level as much as they play up to ours. Either way, it's why we are in so many close games. The ponies will bring everything they have ... but in the end it won't be enough. I say final score 21 - 10, Steelers.

I was at the game Sunday and the weather conditions were tough. Could account for the fumbles and some incompletions. BUT I rewatched the game at home yesterday and viewed it from a different perspective. We were able to move the ball at will nearly the entire game. For various reasons, and this has been all season long, we cannot score.

If we can fix our turnover woes and figure out how to cross the goal line WITH the ball ... who can stop us? What team would be better? But that's a mighty big IF though. Seems that a team's regular season problems will haunt them during the playoffs. If that's the case, we'll still make it past the ponies and then get held up playing either the Cheats or BUTTimore.

nyuknyuk
01-03-2012, 04:22 PM

I kinda figured Big Ben would be derailed and lost for days in a bordello in Denver's red light district.

nyuknyuk
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
[SIZE="4"]Repeat after me:

Tebow...Is...Roadkill,

Even... Jesus... Can't... Help... Him.

Say that loudly and say that often., OK?

He actually wouldn't be "roadkill" since it's a home game. Perhaps you can drown him in your Terrible Bowels.

FanSince72
01-03-2012, 04:44 PM
He actually wouldn't be "roadkill" since it's a home game. Perhaps you can drown him in your Terrible Bowels.

And perhaps you can sit quietly one day and contemplate how your life may have been different if you'd actually HAD enough oxygen at birth.

Kanata-Steeler
01-03-2012, 04:47 PM
Ya but didn't Jesus warn Tebow about this similar scenario ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ6vat1DIRI
:coffee:

FanSince72
01-03-2012, 04:53 PM
I heard that Tebow has a bumper sticker on the wall of his locker that reads: "Jesus is my co-pilot".

If that's true, then someone should ask Him take over the controls because the way things are going now, Tebow's gonna fly them all smack into the side of a mountain.

Christian Snyder
01-03-2012, 05:06 PM
I guess anything is possible, but I don't see the Steelers losing to the Broncos. Nothing against Tebow, but I hope the Steelers crush em'.

ricardisimo
01-03-2012, 05:25 PM
This year's version has continued to play down to our more lowly competition, while still beating them, which is crucial. On the other hand we still show up to play against the better teams, so long as the coach is not named "Harbaugh". So long as John Fox doesn't go to city hall to get his name changed, we'll be fine.

Steelers 27, Broncos 9.

StainlessStill
01-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm 100% fairly certain that I felt more concerned and was more scared of Seneca Wallace than I am Tim Tebow. Put Timmons on a SPY and let our secondary creep around the field. Our base defense with Troy in the box with Mundy playing back and Ike/Gay on the outsides should be more than enough to beat Denver.

Oh yeah, Woodley and Harrison will be together again.

SteelCurtainCall
01-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I believe the steelers will beat denver, and I also feel like they will play close in big playoff games after that. What concerns me as much as anything(especially if we play the ravens) is that joke of a field goal kicker we have now. I believe more than one of the coming playoff games will be won by something as small as 3 points. I have absolutely no confidence in our guy though. I hope so much that it doesn't come down to him in any games. I just can't get past the fact that against the ravens last game, we only needed about a 40 yard FG to make it a 7 point lead, and our coach felt like he couldn't call on him. I know it's tough to kick in our stadium with the wind up, but still; I can promise you Akers, or Venatieri(sp?) would have legged it out. Just my .02.
John Sr. :tt04:

ricardisimo
01-03-2012, 07:16 PM
I believe the steelers will beat denver, and I also feel like they will play close in big playoff games after that. What concerns me as much as anything(especially if we play the ravens) is that joke of a field goal kicker we have now. I believe more than one of the coming playoff games will be won by something as small as 3 points. I have absolutely no confidence in our guy though. I hope so much that it doesn't come down to him in any games. I just can't get past the fact that against the ravens last game, we only needed about a 40 yard FG to make it a 7 point lead, and our coach felt like he couldn't call on him. I know it's tough to kick in our stadium with the wind up, but still; I can promise you Akers, or Venatieri(sp?) would have legged it out. Just my .02.
John Sr. :tt04:
Which wouldn't be a problem if our OC knew how to score TDs. I think Vinatieri's had his own problems this year, for what it's worth. Janikowski might be a better example.

SteelCurtainCall
01-03-2012, 07:37 PM
I have no problem agreeing with you about the offense. They needed just 4 or 5 yards against the bird to essentially end the game. The raven were out of timeout, and we couldn't even geverate a first down. I'm a life lond steelers fan too, and I don't want to give into the fact that we might lose in the playoffs, but I do agree with one of the previous posters that said we just don't seem hungry enough. The steelers alway possessed that killer instict, even if ahead by 17 points; we just don't seem to have that now. That's one thing I admre about a Belechik coached team; they play like their jobs are on the line, win or lose, that's why the keep scoring points even after leading by 3 TD's. It makes me wonder if Tomlin is really the right coach for the Steelers. He's a good coach, and he's from my home town, but when he does press conferences after the games we lose; it's like he accepts defeat too easily for me. I know I've hit on some different point here but I'm just jacked up like some of you other guys are.
John Sr.

ETL
01-03-2012, 08:16 PM
I was walking on the sidewalk today and a piece of the sky fell on me. Can u believe that?!?!

stb_steeler
01-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I was walking on the sidewalk today and a piece of the sky fell on me. Can u believe that?!?!

Sure it wasnt bird doo?

nyuknyuk
01-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Right, right... Btw, it's spelled Polamalu.

MACH1
01-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Right, right... Btw, it's spelled Polamalu.

http://6inchmove.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/grammar-nazi2.jpg

nyuknyuk
01-04-2012, 10:58 AM
http://6inchmove.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/grammar-nazi2.jpg

If I actually was, I'd be correcting a lot more here than just one guy. I found it amusing that a Steelers fan can't spell a player's name properly.

:applaudit:

ricardisimo
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
If I actually was, I'd be correcting a lot more here than just one guy. I found it amusing that a Steelers fan can't spell a player's name properly.

:applaudit:
Hate to say this, but I'm with you. It's one thing for Steelers fans not to be able to spell Demaryius, Syd'Quan or Knowshon, but they should have learned Polamalu and Roethlisberger by now. :shake02:

Things were looking so promising (http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/pittsburgh-school-district-leads-nation-in-ability,2861/), too.

FanSince72
01-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Hate to say this, but I'm with you. It's one thing for Steelers fans not to be able to spell Demaryius, Syd'Quan or Knowshon, but they should have learned Polamalu and Roethlisberger by now. :shake02:

Things were looking so promising (http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/pittsburgh-school-district-leads-nation-in-ability,2861/), too.

That's nothing.

I've heard that next week's discussion will turn to the use of nouns as gerunds and infinitives.

Better start hittin' the books!

nyuknyuk
01-06-2012, 03:19 PM
And perhaps you can sit quietly one day and contemplate how your life may have been different if you'd actually HAD enough oxygen at birth.

Why, I'm just dandy and have always been! In fact it's proven in that I'm one of the best spellers on this forum!

Pittsburgh Public Schools must really rock the house.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2012, 03:22 PM
Why, I'm just dandy and have always been! In fact it's proven in that I'm one of the best spellers on this forum!

Pittsburgh Public Schools must really rock the house.

It's funny when grammar nazis fail! Well done jackass! :thumbsup:

nyuknyuk
01-06-2012, 03:22 PM

If all else fails, they can substitute with the words "Hair" and "Pervert" respectively...

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
If all else fails, they can substitute with the words "Hair" and "Pervert" respectively...

Glad we only got one day left of this douchebag

ricardisimo
01-08-2012, 03:00 AM
Glad we only got one day left of this douchebag
Perzaktly. Sorry to have fed the troll.

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Hey nyuknyuk would you mind enlightening everyone on how the Broncos have been doing since the second half of the Broncos - Patriots game? I'm pretty sure the Broncos have managed to do next to nothing with their vaunted option offense since Belicheat and his cronies laid down the blueprints for defending against the Bronco Offense.

Might I remind you of the fact that we beat that same Patriot team which stomped on your team? We shut down their much heralded offense and we were able to score on the Patriots Defense that ended up 31st in the overall defensive standings for the regular season. Suffice to say I am not very afraid of an offense that couldn't score more than three points on the Chiefs in the final game of the regular season. We beat the Cheatriots and we will beat you minus our leading tackler and with a litany of injuries. I have respect for Tebow but I don't have respect for ill informed Bronco fan who gets on a Steelers forum to troll because you have nothing better to do in life. It's alright though.... you'll go crawling back to your troll cave after the whooping that's administered on your team later today.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 05:28 AM
And the Steelers could easily beat the hell out of the Broncos. The Steelers "can" have anything happen to them, just like any other team, but I doubt it'll happen. We'll see some Black & Gold in Foxborough soon, and if we beat them, I think we're going to the big game.

ricardisimo
01-08-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm sorry that your players are insufficiently flocculent. As for the "pervert" bit, certainly the Broncos have such a clean record (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/police-blotter/) - especially in terms of sexual malfeasance, that you, their adoring fans, can afford to wag the moralist's finger on other team's forums.

And just to clarify, if Ben had indeed raped a woman, he'd be a criminal, not a pervert. "Pervert" is what you would call him if he could only get off in the back of a VW while dressed as Lady Gaga. :noidea:

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 06:22 AM
I'm sorry that your players are insufficiently flocculent. As for the "pervert" bit, certainly the Broncos have such a clean record (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/police-blotter/) - especially in terms of sexual malfeasance, that you, their adoring fans, can afford to wag the moralist's finger on other team's forums.

And just to clarify, if Ben had indeed raped a woman, he'd be a criminal, not a pervert. "Pervert" is what you would call him if he could only get off in the back of a VW while dressed as Lady Gaga. :noidea:

Wow. I believe there was a few Broncos players arrested for sexual assualt on that list, not to mention a DWI and several other major infractions. However, i'm having trouble finding any Steelers name's on the list? I think you just made the donkey's fan look like an ass. Wait, donkey's are asses... :thumbs

FanSince72
01-08-2012, 09:27 AM
"Pervert" is what you would call him if he could only get off in the back of a VW while dressed as Lady Gaga. :noidea:

I take exception to that because the times that I've...

...er...

...(never mind).