PDA

View Full Version : We are going to Baltimore

madtowndrunkard
01-02-2012, 01:37 AM
With some of the worst quality of play I've seen in the NFL....things seem pretty predictable right now. Basically there are only 3 AFC teams that even deserve to be in the playoffs this year...(NE, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh)

Cinci is going to beat Houston - so they'll be headed to NE. Were NE will trounce the BenGals. So expect an AFCC in NE this year.

Our steelers will beat Denver so we'll be headed to Baltimore. What happens there is anyone's guess.

I hate to say this but the Ravens look like the team of destiny....they are playing their best ball now, which is the key to getting to the SB. For us to beat the Ravens we'll need to play MUCH better then we have been. For the Ravens to beat us, they'll just need to play like they have been. I'm not making any predictions though...I've seen Ben win bigger games than this before so I'm not counting us out. I just don't like our chances. But can the Ravens beat us 3 times in one season?

In the NFC things are a little more interesting. The Saints will easily beat Detroit. Atlanta wil beat the Giants and head to GB to get their butts spanked. The Saints will head to SanFran for an interesting matchup. I'll suspect the Saints will come out on top and head to GB for a shootout. The over / under should be about 105. just my 2 cents.

PeRK82
01-02-2012, 01:50 AM
Its sickening how many BAD teams in the AFC there are in the play offs this yr, Hate to say it but the WILD CARD games are a Joke, its a given on who is going to win. Its sad the 3rd and 4th seed did nothing but lose the last few games to get into the play offs. They didnt have to do anything. Im kinda proud that Cincy got the 6th seed, do i think they will go deep, no but i do expect them to win their first wild card game.

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 02:04 AM
Just depends on which team shows up. Anything short of Steeler playoff quality will be a loss. We definetly can beat them, but they are great at home this year and we are bad on the road this year, anything is possible.

steeltheone
01-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Just depends on which team shows up. Anything short of Steeler playoff quality will be a loss. We definetly can beat them, but they are great at home this year and we are bad on the road this year, anything is possible.
As much as i want to say it's an easy game. You are right!

Wallace108
01-02-2012, 02:33 AM
I hate to say this but the Ravens look like the team of destiny....they are playing their best ball now, which is the key to getting to the SB.

I'm not sure the Ravens are playing great ball right now. Two weeks ago, they lost to the Chargers 34-14. Last week they almost got beat by the Browns. If it wasn't for a stupid offsides penalty, the Browns would have had a chance to win. Then this week, I didn't see any of the game, but from what I saw from highlights, Ray Rice was the only player who was stellar. Take away his two long runs, and it's a much different game. I wouldn't be so quick to anoint the Ravens just yet.

jjpro11
01-02-2012, 02:40 AM
the 7-9 Seahawks beat the defending champion Saints last year.

the 9-7 Cardinals limped into the playoffs in 2008 after getting blown out in 3 of their final 5 regular season games. if not for two of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history, they probably would have been crowned Super Bowl champions.

nobody gave the Jets a chance against New England last year after getting destroyed in their final regular season meeting.

if you get in, you get in.. make the most of it. sometimes that's exactly what the underdog teams do.

Bayz101
01-02-2012, 02:45 AM
the 7-9 Seahawks beat the defending champion Saints last year.

the 9-7 Cardinals limped into the playoffs in 2008 after getting blown out in 3 of their final 5 regular season games. if not for two of the greatest plays in Super Bowl history, they probably would have been crowned Super Bowl champions.

nobody gave the Jets a chance against New England last year after getting destroyed in their final regular season meeting.

if you get in, you get in.. make the most of it. sometimes that's exactly what the underdog teams do.

I guess not everyone's blind. Knowledgeable post, couldn't agree with it more. Any given Sunday.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Well lucky for us, the Ravens are playing almost as bad. A side from Rice, they are not exactly peaking.

And Flacco is still there which he is long over due for an implosion ala Sanchez.

But we better stop that dam run and we better get to Flacco often when the time comes.

Eztarget
01-02-2012, 10:08 AM
I just don't want the Packers to win again. I'm so sick of hearing about them. Right now I think the Saints and Packers are the two teams to beat. The Ravens have HORRIBLE on the road so I expect the Patriots to take them out if things play out that way. Although you look at both the Pack and Pats and BOTH of their defenses just suck ass statistic wise but they get it done with the biggest thing ... turnovers. Both defenses always seem to come up with that big pick 6 when they need it. If the Steelers defense started doing that we would be the favorite in the AFC.

soulkitchen
01-02-2012, 11:47 AM
AFCC cincy at PIttsburgh. I not only think it's possible, I think it will happen.

MACH1
01-02-2012, 11:51 AM
With some of the worst quality of play I've seen in the NFL....things seem pretty predictable right now. Basically there are only 3 AFC teams that even deserve to be in the playoffs this year...(NE, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh)

Cinci is going to beat Houston - so they'll be headed to NE. Were NE will trounce the BenGals. So expect an AFCC in NE this year.

Our steelers will beat Denver so we'll be headed to Baltimore. What happens there is anyone's guess.

I hate to say this but the Ravens look like the team of destiny....they are playing their best ball now, which is the key to getting to the SB. For us to beat the Ravens we'll need to play MUCH better then we have been. For the Ravens to beat us, they'll just need to play like they have been. I'm not making any predictions though...I've seen Ben win bigger games than this before so I'm not counting us out. I just don't like our chances. But can the Ravens beat us 3 times in one season?

In the NFC things are a little more interesting. The Saints will easily beat Detroit. Atlanta wil beat the Giants and head to GB to get their butts spanked. The Saints will head to SanFran for an interesting matchup. I'll suspect the Saints will come out on top and head to GB for a shootout. The over / under should be about 105. just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't exactly overlook the donkos. Tebow's not going to beat us on his own but they do have a good enough team to win that game if the Steelers make one too many mistakes. Remember any given Sunday or the raiders game in '09.

Just think in Denvers thin air Arians can really air it out. :rolleyes:

Steelerfreak58
01-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Over looking the Bronco's at home is a really stupid thing to do.

The Steelers play down to teams caliber always have and sadly nothing has changed this will be another close game.

OX1947
01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry fellas, Steelers arent losing to the Donks.

Pentheon
01-02-2012, 01:42 PM
AFCC cincy at PIttsburgh. I not only think it's possible, I think it will happen.

We could only hope that would happen, if it does better believe my ass is goin to the game :thumbsup:

I dunno why every1 thinks the ravens are playing at such a high level or are the most complete team....have they not seen them play this year? Aside from a few of their games they had a bunch of terrible ones where they could of easily lost, as did we.

I think we'll be fine, we made it much harder on ourselves but I believe :tt02::tt04:

harrison'samonster
01-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I agree, there is no single great all-rounded team in the AFC, and that does include us. The Patriots have a great O, but no D. The Ravens have a good D, and a great Ray (on offense). And I think the Steelers are in a good position to bring everything together for the playoffs, but we'll see how it plays out.

Houston's going nowhere with their back-up QB. Cincy might surprise people with their rookie Qb. Denver has a really good team that has found ways to win games that they should have lost. Whatever you think of Tebow, he has helped his team win at the end of games. It looks like there are only 3 legitimate contenders in the AFC, but it almost always seems that way.

Fire Arians
01-02-2012, 03:12 PM
Tebow is a joke and the only reason he led the team to a decent win streak is more so the quality of opponents than anything else. We are not losing to Denver unless Ben does something stupid like throw 2 pick 6's

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 04:29 PM
To me the "any given Sunday" thing goes out the window in the playoffs. You can't lose in the playoffs, you have to be on top of your game and you can't simply get beat by a team that showed up that is inferior. If you lose a playoff game that's classified as a "any given Sunday" game, rest assured, it wasn't that some inferior team was more pumped up about the game, it just means you weren't a playoff quality team. Steelers need to step it up like we normally do in the playoffs!

ricardisimo
01-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Cincy's not going to beat the Patriots. They looked like crap for most of their game this week, which I did not expect, what with A.J. Green back healthy. Their punter was their best player.

The real question is when the NFL is going to stop this silliness allowing 7-9 and 8-8 teams to host playoff games against 12-4 teams. Ridiculous. The playoffs last year were not made better or more interesting by Seattle's victory over New Orleans. They were made significantly less interesting.

tanda10506
01-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Cincy's not going to beat the Patriots. They looked like crap for most of their game this week, which I did not expect, what with A.J. Green back healthy. Their punter was their best player.

They have a chance to beat the Pats, Dalton and Green will tear up that Pats defense. The Bengals defense can and will take away the run game in New England, so it will basically be a shootout. Brady will kill them, but I think their defense is good enough to make a few stops, is the pats? I definitely think they have a chance, but I don't think they will. I think Houston is still a tough game for them, the Texans 3rd string QB is actually playing decent, probably decent enough to beat them. If they win that game they will be pretty confident. The Texans on the other hand don't have a prayer of beating the Pats outdoors. Their defense is okay, but without Andrew Johnson they won't win a shootout game against anybody.

The real question is when the NFL is going to stop this silliness allowing 7-9 and 8-8 teams to host playoff games against 12-4 teams. Ridiculous. The playoffs last year were not made better or more interesting by Seattle's victory over New Orleans. They were made significantly less interesting.

Agreed^

steelerchad
01-02-2012, 05:59 PM
They have a chance to beat the Pats, Dalton and Green will tear up that Pats defense. The Bengals defense can and will take away the run game in New England, so it will basically be a shootout. Brady will kill them, but I think their defense is good enough to make a few stops, is the pats? I definitely think they have a chance, but I don't think they will. I think Houston is still a tough game for them, the Texans 3rd string QB is actually playing decent, probably decent enough to beat them. If they win that game they will be pretty confident. The Texans on the other hand don't have a prayer of beating the Pats outdoors. Their defense is okay, but without Andrew Johnson they won't win a shootout game against anybody.

Agreed^

The Texans won't play the Pats, if they win they go to Baltimore and the winner of our game goes to NE. I'd prefer to play at NE, but as a ticket holder I'm holding out the slight chance that a Cincy run could give us the Championship game at home. For that, we'd have to win at Denver and then go beat Baltimore. I actually think Cincy has a 50/50 chance against a QBless Texans team and a 35% chance at the Pats with no D. The Pats got behind big the last 2 weeks against inferior opponents. They may be playing with fire if they try that again.

TRH
01-02-2012, 06:15 PM

The Steelers play down to teams caliber always have and sadly nothing has changed this will be another close game.

I completely agree with this. Apparently, to some around here, we've already won the game and are preparing for the 2nd round. The way we've been playing, we need to concentrate on winning this game first.

ricardisimo
01-02-2012, 06:30 PM

True, they play down to crappy teams, but they also play up to decent ones. I fully expect a blowout, even with all of the injuries.