PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field.....Tell me all you know......

MyCuz64Furness
06-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Its my first time getting to go to a game......I am going to the opener......For all you lucky Pitt veterans HELP a Fla Steeler fan with all the ins and outs of the area and stadium:smile:

I know tailgating is a necessitiy:cool:

clevestinks
06-25-2006, 08:01 AM
You have to see all the SuperBowl trophies! This is a must! And just get there earlier enough to enjoy the stadium itself, it is a work of art.

MyCuz64Furness
06-25-2006, 08:02 AM
You have to see all the SuperBowl trophies! This is a must! And just get there earlier enough to enjoy the stadium itself, it is a work of art.

I have a friend that lives in the area.....he says they close some of the bridges over to driving traffic.....

BlackNGold203
06-25-2006, 08:53 AM
Park at Station Square...take the Gateway Clipper across the river to the stadium!!!!

It's a sweet lil ride ...easier access (lets you off right at the opening of the stadium)

clevestinks
06-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Park at Station Square...take the Gateway Clipper across the river to the stadium!!!!

It's a sweet lil ride ...easier access (lets you off right at the opening of the stadium)
Thats a good idea especially early season! The Clipper is the best for nighttime pirates games

Lyn
06-25-2006, 09:49 AM
I have been gonna take the Clipper sometime just to do it but the huge lines have always turned me off. How long do you have to stand and wait AFTER the game?

Hammer67
06-25-2006, 09:51 AM

Some better ideas to add to this from a former Mt. Washington resident:

Park up on Mt. Washington for free, take the incline down and then take the Clipper across....(They sell beer on the clipper but we always carried some in our pockets! :bouncy:)

Also, if you are looking for free parking close to the stadium, park on the North side (in the park right up from the old Clark building). IF you get there early enough, there are plenty of spots and it is a short walk to the stadium.

Just some thoughts.

BlackNGold203
06-25-2006, 09:52 AM
It depends...worst Ive waited is about 45 minutes.....

But when you get back to station square?...bing bam boom...youre outta there!!!

Hammer67
06-25-2006, 09:52 AM
I have been gonna take the Clipper sometime just to do it but the huge lines have always turned me off. How long do you have to stand and wait AFTER the game?

If you leave early enough before the game to tailgate, then the lines aren't that long. THey can fill up after a game but they keep the boats running regularly.

nicesteel4life
06-25-2006, 10:41 AM
Alright here is my Plan....DONT forget to bring a Silver and Black SHARPIE. Come into town early, Head to the STRIP to pick-up some Steelers gear and eat PRIMANTI Brothers. Then head back to the incline. Ride up and take a few photo's of the AWESOME city. Go park at Station square. Head over to the stadium on the Clipper. Head over and check out the sites outside, maybe even head over to where the players come in Gate A and get yourself a early autograph. Head into the stadium. Go directly to the GREAT HALL. Make sure you check out the Steelers Store and grab a mini or something to get signed Then after you drool over all the greatness head up to THE LUBE. Grab a bucket of wings and head to your seat. NOW ITS STEELER TIME. After the game, when they WIN. head out and STEELERS will sign. This will allow for the rush of the people riding back on the clipper to shorten. If your REAL lucky you may even get to sit and have a talk with Russ Grimm in the parking lot after. I have numerous times. But make sure you dont miss the boat!!! because then it's a cab. But worth it!!! WHAT COULD BE BETTER!!!!

MyCuz64Furness
06-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Alright here is my Plan....DONT forget to bring a Silver and Black SHARPIE. Come into town early, Head to the STRIP to pick-up some Steelers gear and eat PRIMANTI Brothers. Then head back to the incline. Ride up and take a few photo's of the AWESOME city. Go park at Station square. Head over to the stadium on the Clipper. Head over and check out the sites outside, maybe even head over to where the players come in Gate A and get yourself a early autograph. Head into the stadium. Go directly to the GREAT HALL. Make sure you check out the Steelers Store and grab a mini or something to get signed Then after you drool over all the greatness head up to THE LUBE. Grab a bucket of wings and head to your seat. NOW ITS STEELER TIME. After the game, when they WIN. head out and STEELERS will sign. This will allow for the rush of the people riding back on the clipper to shorten. If your REAL lucky you may even get to sit and have a talk with Russ Grimm in the parking lot after. I have numerous times. But make sure you dont miss the boat!!! because then it's a cab. But worth it!!! WHAT COULD BE BETTER!!!!

sounds like a great time....thanks for the info:smile:

Lyn
06-25-2006, 11:19 AM
You have an absolute ball, it will be better than anything you have ever done in your life and I do mean ANYTHING.................that is what I know!~

Sharkissle29
06-25-2006, 11:19 AM
my first steeler game was last year opening week....you're gonna love it, i thought the stadium was pretty damn loud even with the open endzones...i cant imagine how loud it would be if they ever closed it off

Hammer67
06-26-2006, 06:01 AM
my first steeler game was last year opening week....you're gonna love it, i thought the stadium was pretty damn loud even with the open endzones...i cant imagine how loud it would be if they ever closed it off

And that's funny because I was at that game (I have ben to many over the last 15 years or so) and I thought it was one of quietest opening games I have seen at Heinz Field. It tok about well into the second half for the crowd to get really revved up.

section514
06-26-2006, 08:20 AM
you may be the craziest steeler fan I have ever met.

nicesteel4life
06-26-2006, 09:47 AM
you may be the craziest steeler fan I have ever met.
THANKS!

Blitzburgh55
06-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Go to HI-Tops before the Game

section514
06-26-2006, 10:50 AM
haha after the AFC championship game we all went down to Hitops after hittin up primanti's and we got served (none of us are of age), we partyed all night, drove back to school (had a DD) and then had to get up for a 630 workout...lets just say i wasn't liftin too much that morning

Hammer67
06-26-2006, 05:35 PM

Ugh!!! Or not! Overpriced beer and watered down drinks!!

Clark Bar is fun but for Pete's sake, man, go out and tailgate with the rest of Steeler Nation!!! It's cheaper!

MyCuz64Furness
06-27-2006, 07:38 AM
all good info......lets keep it comin:smile:

my 95
06-27-2006, 12:10 PM
hi all......mycuz64furness' other half here......just pokin for more opinions. right now we are booked at a hotel on the same side of the river as the stadium. we were gonna drive, park and tailgate......are we better off stayin on the other side, and doin the clipper, and just bringin a few beers with us????? we need to try and decide so we can change hotel plans, if necessary

nicesteel4life
06-27-2006, 12:43 PM
If I was going to give up something....between the tailgaiting or clipper ride? I would STAY on the Same Side and TAILGATE my ASS off....

Hammer67
06-27-2006, 04:06 PM
If I was going to give up something....between the tailgaiting or clipper ride? I would STAY on the Same Side and TAILGATE my ASS off....

I concur with that...why wast the $16 on the boat ride? ($8 each for round trip)

Spend it on beer. You can park for free up above the Clark Bar in the park on the North Side if you get there early enough and you can put that $16 towards beer and a cooler.

Steel Pit
06-27-2006, 10:18 PM
Get to Pittsburgh on Saturday afternoon. Find out what hotel the Steelers are staying at on Saturday night. Last year they stayed at the Hilton. Book a room at the Steelers hotel and stand outside Saturday evening. You'll see and meet damn near every player and coach on the team. This way you can get your autographs on Saturday and save your Sunday for tailgating and checking out Heinz Field.

nicesteel4life
06-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Get to Pittsburgh on Saturday afternoon. Find out what hotel the Steelers are staying at on Saturday night. Last year they stayed at the Hilton. Book a room at the Steelers hotel and stand outside Saturday evening. You'll see and meet damn near every player and coach on the team. This way you can get your autographs on Saturday and save your Sunday for tailgating and checking out Heinz Field.

GREAT IDEA!!! NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT ONE....SEE YA THERE

AWESOME MY 100th POST!!!

MyCuz64Furness
06-28-2006, 02:51 PM

that would be great but its a Thursday night game:smile:

Stlrs4Life
07-01-2006, 09:39 AM

You never have been to a game at Three Rivers then. To me, 3rivers was way louder than Heinz. We would literally shake 3Rivers.

The Steelers try to stay at all Hiltons when possible.