PDA

View Full Version : Farrior full of praise for Tebow

mesaSteeler
01-03-2012, 06:58 AM
http://blog.triblive.com/steel-mill/2012/01/02/farrior-full-of-praise-for-tebow/
Farrior full of praise for Tebow
January 2nd, 2012

The Steelers allowed only three touchdowns in their final six regular-season games, and it’s difficult to envision them getting into a shootout Sunday in Denver.

It’s even harder to imagine them losing to the Broncos considering how much “Tebow mania” has ebbed since Tim Tebow delivered one of his patented comeback victories that put Denver at 8-5 and seemingly at the center of the NFL universe.

Since the Broncos stole a 13-10 win from the Bears last month -– the Jay Cutler-less and Matt Forte-less Bears, it should be pointed out –- Tebow has completed just 41.4 percent of his passes and has committed seven turnovers.

His struggles are a testament to how NFL defenses adjust to offensive innovations or gimmicks, and there is a fine line between the two. Or they are an affirmation of those that contend Tebow can’t throw well enough to succeed as an NFL quarterback.
The many critics Tebow has had since well before he threw his first NFL pass is one reason why Steelers inside linebacker James Farrior found himself cheering for the former Heisman Trophy winner.

“I root for the underdogs,” Farrior said. “A lot of people hated on him.”
Farrior is not one of them.

“He is the guy we have to stop,” the Steelers’ defensive captain said. “No doubt about it. The guy is a winner and a competitor. He is something that we haven’t seen in a long time in a quarterback. He does a lot of things with his feet, and we have to be prepared for that.”

Tebow has been largely contained as a runner the last three games, and the Chiefs completely shut him down in a 7-3 win last Sunday.
Tebow isn’t likely to beat the Steelers, not with the number of veterans and difference-makers they have on defense.
But, as Farrior pointed out, if Denver ke
eps the game close at home Tebow could find a way to win it at the end. The Steelers would prefer not to find out if Tebow can do that once again, in his first NFL playoff game no less.
As outside linebacker James Harrison said of playing the Broncos, “Hey, I’m just trying not to get Tebowed.”

– Scott Brown

Bayz101
01-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Great read, thanks Mesa!

Kanata-Steeler
01-03-2012, 04:49 PM
... as we're also all sure the Steelers' will "BLESS" Tebow in their own way come Gameday.
:)

DanRooney
01-03-2012, 05:10 PM
We can't draft his replacement soon enough...

Kanata-Steeler
01-03-2012, 05:12 PM
We can't draft his replacement soon enough...

read between the freekin' lines man, comon', it's (Farrior's remark) all in "playoff" fun.
-LoL.

nyuknyuk
01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Why is everyone going on about the attention Tebow has gotten? Don't be jelly.

theplatypus
01-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Why is everyone going on about the attention Tebow has gotten? Don't be jelly.

Jelly?

You can't even spell jealous with spell check?

Fire Arians
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
cam newton >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tebow

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Dick Lebeau is going to release the hounds this Sunday with Woodley back in the lineup. I have been drooling over this matchup (as I am sure other members of our defensive staff have been) ever since Denver became a possible postseason team this year.

Like anyone else, I am as tired of hearing about Tebow and his miracle wins with 30% completion percentages, as I was the last two years hearing about how far Mark Sanchez has come along as an NFL QB. Both are putrid excuses for NFL QBs, but both teams are committed to their respective project/gimmick players to their own detriment.

I am looking forward to seeing the Terminator and Woodley smash Tebow into a red paste this weekend.

Anybody have any funny Photoshop art to share? I work with this Gunny who is a die hard Donkeys fan-- would love to send him some pre-game "loveletters" and funnies. I was trying to find something similar to last year's "Where's Rogers?" Harrison picture.....

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
James Harrison is gonna baptize Tebow...no pun intended.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Okay fine...that pun was intended.

stb_steeler
01-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Harrison's gonna have to be on his best behavior....:sofunny: