PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Steelers Schedule!!

RoarkSteel
01-03-2012, 10:39 AM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/39290/afc-north-2012-opponents (Steelers Opponents)

* My new year resolution #12 = Post on this forum often!
* I know that it's too early to talk about the 2012 season (knowing that we have yet to begin our postseason play), but I can't help but get excited about the prospects of another Steeler season!!

Our opponents:

@Home
Kansas City (7-9), San Diego (8-8), Philadelphia (8-8), Washington (5-11), NY Jets (8-8),
Baltimore (12-4), Cincinnati (9-7) & Cleveland (4-12)

Away
Denver (8-8), Oakland (8-8), Dallas (8-8), NY Giants (9-7), Tennessee (9-7), Baltimore (12-4), Cincinnati (9-7) & Cleveland (4-12)

MDSteel15
01-03-2012, 10:55 AM
That away schedule can be brutal!!!

RoarkSteel
01-03-2012, 11:32 AM
I am not certain where I fall on this upcoming year's schedule. Sure on paper, the toughness of the schedule looks mediocre at best. We only play 4 teams with a winning record! But one has to take the 2012 draft into consideration! Cleveland should be better this year provided they have a QB to rely on. We have always played well against San Diego and Rivers! The Titans always play us tough! The team that worries me the most next year are the Bengals! Dalton and Green are going to have 12+ months of experience and the playoffs to boot (I expect them to beat the Texans this week). The Ravens will regress a bit next year. Andy Reid has been a formidable coach and should have the Eagles better prepared this year. You can't say anything about the inconsistent Cowboys and the Giants!

Tx777
01-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Already making plans for Dallas :)

harrison'samonster
01-03-2012, 12:52 PM
that schedule looks tough. Of course a lot is going to change before next season begins, and then it will change again throughout the season. But for now, that schedule looks tough.

grward
01-03-2012, 01:02 PM
that schedule looks tough. Of course a lot is going to change before next season begins, and then it will change again throughout the season. But for now, that schedule looks tough.

+1

An 8 and 8 team from 2011 can easily be a 12 and 4 team in 2012. Happens all the time. No way to tell how tough it will be. With that being said, I say bring on the toughest teams they have! We play better and will be battled test for another post season!!

GMU Steeler
01-03-2012, 01:12 PM
It looks difficult but 2008 looked difficult too and you guys know what happened that year.

sharkweek
01-03-2012, 03:06 PM
so basically we're playing the AFC West and NFC East and miss playing the Pats because we finished second our division @ 12-4

skinart82
01-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Making plans for Tennessee, can't wait!!! It's gonna be weird not playing the Patriots.

tanda10506
01-03-2012, 03:42 PM
so basically we're playing the AFC West and NFC East and miss playing the Pats because we finished second our division @ 12-4

To me it seems ridiculous that we are playing so many teams that we would not see in the playoffs. Seriously, the whole NFC East? I just can't get that excited about games vs NFC teams. Strange no Pats or Colts.

All that said, let's win this year and not worry about it!!! Go Steelers!!!:tt::tt04::tt02:

BengalDestroyer
01-03-2012, 04:02 PM
trust me alot of those records are decieving, and that away schedule could be brutal...

ricardisimo
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
We're playing the two crappiest divisions in football, and yet drawing only three teams with losing records? W.E.I.R.D.

Edit: OK, maybe the NFC West is crappier, but still...

sharkweek
01-03-2012, 08:01 PM
To me it seems ridiculous that we are playing so many teams that we would not see in the playoffs. Seriously, the whole NFC East? I just can't get that excited about games vs NFC teams. Strange no Pats or Colts.

All that said, let's win this year and not worry about it!!! Go Steelers!!!:tt::tt04::tt02:

that's simply how the scheduling works, divisions play each other and rotate from year to year, so in 4 years time we will have played all 4 divisions from the NFC (3 years to play everyone in the AFC). This season we played The NFC West. Next season its the NFC East, and so on.

We're playing the two crappiest divisions in football, and yet drawing only three teams with losing records? W.E.I.R.D.

Edit: OK, maybe the NFC West is crappier, but still...
I wouldn't call them the crappiest, they're both definitely the most mediocre, as almost every team in each division hit .500. Just based off of that it seems like all the teams have a legitimate chance of winning, unlike drawing a division that is top heavy with just 1 or 2 good teams but having 2 or 3 gimmies.

Between the NFC West and AFC South this season we ended up 6-2 in those games, losing to the the only good team in each division, whereas two divisions full of .500 teams we might be in more trouble of losing a few more games and going .500 in that stretch instead.

SoCalFan
01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Dam, my only option is to go to Oakland and risk getting shanked, pee thrown on me, sucker punched etc. etc... Wish they were visiting S. Diego, nice down there!

LayingTheWoodley56
01-04-2012, 12:59 PM
It's not really strange that we're not playing the Pats or Colts. We play two divisions in full each year, one from the AFC and one from the NFC, our six division games, and then two other AFC teams, which are decided based on our record from this year. For some reason, I think it would be the second place teams from the other two divisions that we do not play, so Jets and Tennesee makes sense. Had the Pats or Colts come in second, we would have played them.