PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Confirms Ryan Clark Will Not Play Sunday

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2012, 11:34 AM
Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday said he will not allow safety Ryan Clark to play in Sunday's AFC wild-card game in Denver against the Broncos out of fears for Clark's health.

Tomlin said he has informed Clark that he won't play and said it was an "easy decision" to make.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2011/story/_/id/7419488/2012-nfl-playoffs-pittsburgh-steelers-mike-tomlin-says-ryan-clark-play-vs-denver-broncos

Definitely the right decision

Too bad Tomlin is not as conservative with regard to exposing his QB to injury

Fire Arians
01-03-2012, 11:37 AM
and he shouldn't. if playing is a risk to losing his life then he definitely should NOT play.

Atlanta Dan
01-03-2012, 11:41 AM
and he shouldn't. if playing is a risk to losing his life then he definitely should NOT play.

And fortunately Tomlin did not allow Ryan Clark to have a say - pro athletes almost always will take the risk of being hurt to step up for their team

GMU Steeler
01-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Good move. Ryan got really sick last time he played in Denver.

tanda10506
01-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Good choice. We need him more in Baltimore or New England anyway.

MACH1
01-03-2012, 12:22 PM
Good move. Ryan got really sick last time he played in Denver.

It damn near killed him.

A game is not worth risking your life over period.

TRH
01-03-2012, 12:35 PM
smart move....but still sucks considering he's our best tackler on the team and can also really lay a stiff hit on someone.

DanRooney
01-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Mundy has been playing pretty well. I don't think our DBs will have much of an issue against the Broncos anyway.

skinart82
01-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Good choice. We need him more in Baltimore or New England anyway.

This

tanda10506
01-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Mundy will step up and do the job, but something I didn't think of when I made my first comment about it: now we won't get to see Clark blow up Tebow on one of those "sneak out of the pocket" runs.

Fire Arians
01-03-2012, 03:24 PM
And fortunately Tomlin did not allow Ryan Clark to have a say - pro athletes almost always will take the risk of being hurt to step up for their team

tomlin has to. player safety comes first, and sometimes the head coach has to step in and say no. especially if a risk of death or serious injury/illness is possible

nyuknyuk
01-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Last time he played up here, he lost 2 organs. I'd say, uh, yeah, keep him out.

SonsofNorway
01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
Glad they are keeping Clark home. I only wish that Tomlin had been adamant that Rothliesberger not play the last couple games that he did and risk further injury. If he had we might be enjoying a bye week right now.

tony hipchest
01-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Glad they are keeping Clark home. I only wish that Tomlin had been adamant that Rothliesberger not play the last couple games that he did and risk further injury. If he had we might be enjoying a bye week right now.or frisco may have mopped the floor with our brittle and injury prone back ups.

im at ease with tomlins decision to let ben play. i just blame baltimore for saving their ultimate and culminating choke job for the playoffs, once again. :smile:

Bayz101
01-04-2012, 01:08 AM
or frisco may have mopped the floor with our brittle and injury prone back ups.

im at ease with tomlins decision to let ben play. i just blame baltimore for saving their ultimate and culminating choke job for the playoffs, once again. :smile:

It's funny watching Flacco "lead" his offense through situation football. The look of terror and anguish just kills me :chuckle: