PDA

View Full Version : Madison signed

finesward
01-03-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_774782.html

I know, I know... not the biggest of news. BUT this kid was always solid in special teams. And the broncos are going to need every bit of magic from ST's to eek out a victory. It's good to have someone who knows how to get it done stepping in for allen who was rock solid for us this year.

Who knows maybe he gets a forced fumble that opens up the game early...:tt04:

DanRooney
01-03-2012, 04:45 PM
If I see him in the secondary like he was in the playoffs last year I'm going to puke.

finesward
01-03-2012, 04:48 PM
lol AGREED!

jjpro11
01-03-2012, 04:56 PM
are Lewis and Allen expected back if we advance?

Buddha Bus
01-03-2012, 04:59 PM
are Lewis and Allen expected back if we advance?

Sounds like Allen is questionable at best this week and Lewis may be fine.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Injury-news-on-CBs-not-all-bad/39317bab-b674-489b-a581-7e6806ef03e6

finesward
01-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Allen has a dislocated shoulder, that'd be tough to come back in 2 weeks, but possible. Lewis has a hammy so that could plague him for a while.

jjpro11
01-03-2012, 05:13 PM
i am glad it was only a separated shoulder for Allen.. the way he walked off, i thought he broke his arm.

tanda10506
01-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Sounds like Allen is questionable at best this week and Lewis may be fine.

If Lewis is back in time for Baltimore or NE then all is well, no need to panic, but if we have to try to stop Brady or the Baltimore TE's with Madison at Nickel corner, we will be going home. This defense is great, don't get me wrong, but they are not that completely overpowering defense of '08, or even of last year, where no matter what happened the defense would bail us out with a turnover or a turnover for points or a big stop. We just don't have that this year, combine that with an underachieving offense and there's no room for a weak link against Brady or the ratbirds, we need Lewis.

Buddha Bus
01-03-2012, 05:34 PM
If Lewis is back in time for Baltimore or NE then all is well, no need to panic, but if we have to try to stop Brady or the Baltimore TE's with Madison at Nickel corner, we will be going home. This defense is great, don't get me wrong, but they are not that completely overpowering defense of '08, or even of last year, where no matter what happened the defense would bail us out with a turnover or a turnover for points or a big stop. We just don't have that this year, combine that with an underachieving offense and there's no room for a weak link against Brady or the ratbirds, we need Lewis.

I agree we should be fine against the Broncos with Madison. We will definitely need to get Allen or Lewis or BOTH back in time for the Patriots. I'm not as concerned about the Ravens on that front though. It's not like they have a great passing offense if you eliminate Rice from the equation (who would more than likely not be covered by either anyway).

We need Ben to get healthy most importantly of all if we want to have any chance against either team.

Black N' Yellow
01-03-2012, 05:45 PM
We definitely need a healthy Woodley/Worilds and a Harrison Duo on both edges if we're gonna do anything. If they can get after the quarterback and force offenses to only use 2-3 recievers so they can help protect the backfield more, we may have a chance.

jjpro11
01-03-2012, 06:02 PM
I agree we should be fine against the Broncos with Madison. We will definitely need to get Allen or Lewis or BOTH back in time for the Patriots. I'm not as concerned about the Ravens on that front though. It's not like they have a great passing offense if you eliminate Rice from the equation (who would more than likely not be covered by either anyway).

We need Ben to get healthy most importantly of all if we want to have any chance against either team.

Baltimore's passing game doesn't seem scary, but we let them complete passes over the top at will last time.. especially on 3rd down. we need to jam the shit out of Torrey Smith and play smarter football against their tight ends and Boldin. other than Smith, none of those guys are going to beat the Steelers secondary in a foot race.. but they can slip through zones and kill us. it seemed like every time they ran routes more than 10 yards downfield, our defenders would lose sight of them.