PDA

View Full Version : OH GOD....NO RENEGADE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

caplovestroyp43
01-03-2012, 09:21 PM
I just happened to think of this! We have no home field games in the playoffs! How we will ever survive without the awe inspiring "Renegade???"

That is NOT good news!!

:crying01::eek:

StainlessStill
01-03-2012, 10:15 PM
There is nothing better in that stadium when the Heinz jumbo-tron goes black and Renegade blasts through the stadium. Too bad we shot ourselves in the foot. Home-field was there all throughout week 17, our last hope was practically beating the 9'ers after S.D wiped the entire floor with Baltimore.

We deserve this 5th spot. We did it to ourselves.

tanda10506
01-04-2012, 03:24 AM
There is nothing better in that stadium when the Heinz jumbo-tron goes black and Renegade blasts through the stadium. Too bad we shot ourselves in the foot. Home-field was there all throughout week 17, our last hope was practically beating the 9'ers after S.D wiped the entire floor with Baltimore.

This raises two points and both points are the only things that have me really concerned about the playoffs. First point, home field advantage is huge this year. When two great teams play usually home field is minimal, but this year the Ratbirds and us have been great at home and bad on the road. I think home field might be the difference this year, I hope not. The second, we didn't rise to the occasion ANY time it mattered. Week 1 was a prime opportunity to start out a game ahead of the rats, we got blown out. That team was different and I consider the team we have now, to have came together basically in week 5. So if you want, dismiss Week 1. The second loss to Baltimore was the best chance, we could have took control of the division and in hindsight won it, and it was a home game to a rival team, but the team didn't rise up and take it, they just played mediocre offense and poor defense when it most counted. Then the Niners game, I know Ben was hurt and Harrison was out, no doubt things could have been different, but our receivers disappeared and Alex Smith dinked and dunked us, nobody stepped up and made plays knowing that it would have to be them and not Ben carrying the team. It has me real nervous about the playoffs. The only thing that doesn't was the New England win, that was the one win this season where everybody on the team played with heart and you could tell they wanted to win, that winning meant something. Plus that game our defense adapted into what was necessary to beat the incoming team. I'm not negative about the playoffs overall, but when you look at those two points it does worry you.

PhantomJB93
01-04-2012, 03:52 AM
We didn't have Renegade in '05 either.

Boomer
01-04-2012, 05:10 AM
Steelers fans need to take over those stadiums on the road and chant the song themselves. That would fire up the team!

steelfury02
01-04-2012, 06:28 AM
I'll never forget the AFC champ game v. Rats - that defense was truly the long arm of the law - chills . . .

Whodis
01-04-2012, 07:31 AM
I'll never forget the AFC champ game v. Rats - that defense was truly the long arm of the law - chills . . .

It was a Polumalu human highlight reel!

SteelWolf62
01-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Steelers fans need to take over those stadiums on the road and chant the song themselves. That would fire up the team!

Well me and 30,000+ Steelers faithful will be there and daughter has already put Renegade on her iPod to crank up during the tailgating festivities!! Sports Authority Field at Mile High will be a sea of Black and Gold!! Bank on it!!

ebsteelers
01-04-2012, 09:38 AM
just wait till we beat denver and the rat birds

bengals beat texans and pats

home for the championship game..

wishful thinking i know but not terrible unrealistic...

Steelerfreak58
01-04-2012, 11:13 AM
2:42 left on the clock and the Ravens driving 92 yards to score is going to come back to haunt the team.

Winning that game right there changes everything.

Pentheon
01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
have faith that we'll be hearing it in the AFC championship game against the bengals :tt04::tt02:

ricardisimo
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
I've never been a Styx fan, so I'm taking this as a fine development. I think they play Dead or Alive in Denver and Lady Gaga in New England, so I haven't been spared the bad music just yet. :noidea:

StainlessStill
01-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Possibly one of the loudest games I've ever been to. A special one. Even though it was close before Troy picked Flacco off, Baltimore had NOTHING that day. 2 things that I still see vividly: Limas Sweed's wide open DROP for a touchdown before half and Troy leaping in the air before my whole section of Steelers Nation jumped on top of me while we celebrated throughout the night. One helluva time! That place ROARED.

FanSince72
01-04-2012, 03:07 PM
Considering where we are with all of the injuries, I'd say that "Whippin' Post" would be a more appropriate tune.

stb_steeler
01-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Possibly one of the loudest games I've ever been to. A special one. Even though it was close before Troy picked Flacco off, Baltimore had NOTHING that day. 2 things that I still see vividly: Limas Sweed's wide open DROP for a touchdown before half and Troy leaping in the air before my whole section of Steelers Nation jumped on top of me while we celebrated throughout the night. One helluva time! That place ROARED.

That was a good night...We hung out at Bettis's grill till they threw us out.

steelerchad
01-04-2012, 10:14 PM
I actually think the Bengals beat Houston and we take out Denver. That sends us to the Ravens and the Bengals to the Pats. We'll both be underdogs, but I wouldn't put it past either us or the Bengals to win those games as well. That would bring the Bengals to the AFCC game at Heinz.

New England D sucks. Bengals D may be able to slow tham down enough to win a game in the 30's.

ricardisimo
01-04-2012, 10:18 PM
I actually think the Bengals beat Houston and we take out Denver. That sends us to the Ravens and the Bengals to the Pats. We'll both be underdogs, but I wouldn't put it past either us or the Bengals to win those games as well. That would bring the Bengals to the AFCC game at Heinz.

New England D sucks. Bengals D may be able to slow tham down enough to win a game in the 30's.
Whatever you're smoking, pass it around.

DanRooney
01-05-2012, 04:15 AM
I've never been a Styx fan, so I'm taking this as a fine development. I think they play Dead or Alive in Denver and Lady Gaga in New England, so I haven't been spared the bad music just yet. :noidea:

They also played Lady Gaga in our stadium just prior to the Steelers comeback against the Ravens in the playoffs last year. Food for thought...