PDA

View Full Version : how do you feel this week? steelers/broncos

ebsteelers
01-04-2012, 10:51 AM
nervous? excited?

I know its a game we should win, but i also know the Steelers play nothing but nail biters and were no capable on offense right now to hang 30 on them in the first half and win with ease.

im always excited got butterflies like im going to be playing

playoff time 3 wins from the Super Bowl.

here we go steelers here we go..

California-Steel
01-04-2012, 10:59 AM
If we can't shut the Broncos out with there one dimentional offense then we don't deserver to win or go to the Super Bowl.

nyuknyuk
01-04-2012, 11:32 AM
If we can't shut the Broncos out with there one dimentional offense then we don't deserver to win or go to the Super Bowl.

Don't forget you said that.

MasterOfPuppets
01-04-2012, 11:36 AM
i'm a little constipated with a bit of a cold... thanks for asking though..:hatsoff:

plenewken
01-04-2012, 11:54 AM
nervous? excited? .

Both. Excited to see the Steelers in the playoffs once again and nervous because the team is weakened by a lot of injuries.

FanSince72
01-04-2012, 12:30 PM
I don't get excited about the Steelers being in the playoffs because I expect us to be there every year.
NOT being in the playoffs would surprise me and I suppose I'd be a bit agitated if we missed being there.

As far as the game itself, like any rational person I acknowledge that the "on any given Sunday" rule applies and I always allow for that.
But I think that we have more than enough fuel in the tank to drive right on through Denver and though I'm sure this will not be a walk in the park, I expect us to win and move on to the next round.

In a way I'm actually glad that Ben is less than 100% and that we have some injuries at key positions.
I think that will prevent any over-confidence from settling in and will help to keep everyone focused and not taking anything for granted.

The only "X-Factor" here is that if you believe in Karma or Destiny, the Broncos have so far certainly been on some sort of "Magical Mystery Tour" this season and that has to be considered.
Though there's no way to quantify such a thing, to deny that it has any effect on the way a team plays would be foolish and it is thus worth keeping in mind.

Other than that, I feel pretty good about this game.

3rdandlong
01-04-2012, 12:32 PM
We'll probably win the game. I don't expect us to go past the next round. Can we beat New England or Blatimore at their homes? Yeah, but I don't put it in our favor.

Fire Arians
01-04-2012, 12:51 PM
We'll probably win the game. I don't expect us to go past the next round. Can we beat New England or Blatimore at their homes? Yeah, but I don't put it in our favor.

pretty much. especially new england, i never feel good about facing them in the playoffs. we have a shot against either team though. 40/60? I'll be satisfied with the season if we knock out baltimore though

ebsteelers
01-04-2012, 12:55 PM
bengals vs. steelers for the right to go to the super bowl

saveus1011
01-04-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm not sure we can make it out of this round. Report now is Ben tweaked his ankle in Cleveland.

SteeleReign
01-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure we can make it out of this round. Report now is Ben tweaked his ankle in Cleveland.

Seriously? All we need to do is keep Tebow in the pocket, and run the wheels off Redman & we should win this one. Ben or no Ben.

Fire Arians
01-04-2012, 01:32 PM

oh we still have a good shot this round. vs baltimore or new england though, probably not.

FanSince72
01-04-2012, 02:04 PM
I still feel good even if we play Charlie.

You know, Batch IS a pretty good QB.

He may not be Montana but he's a far cry better than most backups in the league and he should be able to handle Denver and as long as our D can handle Saint Timothy, we should be fine and Ben can spend the game on the bench with his leg propped on a pillow.

I mean, what's the worst that could happen -- we lose?
If Ben's ankle is really messed up, we'll probably do that anyway if he ends up doing his fire-hydrant impersonation like he did against SF.

So what's the difference?

I'd rather have Batch with a solid set of wheels than to have Ben out there on crutches.

steeltheone
01-04-2012, 02:18 PM
I still think we rock Denvers boat...Denver just is not a good team......Cincy could beat Houston, but they won't, because they are the Bengals.

So we we will go to New England and the winner will play the Ravens for the title.

tanda10506
01-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Both. Excited to see the Steelers in the playoffs once again and nervous because the team is weakened by a lot of injuries.

This^, especially after the new news on Ben's ankle. I'm still not much worried about Denver, but to me beating Denver means nothing if we lose to the ratbirds.

MACH1
01-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I hope the Steelers aren't looking past denver like most of the people here. Because if they are they'll be watching from the couch next week. It takes a lil more than just showing up to win the game.

plenewken
01-04-2012, 02:36 PM
This^, especially after the new news on Ben's ankle. I'm still not much worried about Denver, but to me beating Denver means nothing if we lose to the ratbirds.

I'm worried about Denver first and foremost.
They're not the Rams and Batch will struggle against their defense. Replacing Ben during his suspension last year or for a meaningless game 2 weeks ago is not the same as replacing him in the playoffs.
If Ben doesn't play, beating Denver is a looong shot, sorry. Batch cannot take the beating Ben takes behind our OL. No way!

Oh and if Batch is injured during the game, we're toast.

saveus1011
01-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I have a feeling I'm really going to hate Wisconsin more than I do after this post-season (which BTW, I refuse to call them a state.)

Sharkissle29
01-04-2012, 09:05 PM
I gotta say I am not as excited as i've been in years past because i am not expecting much of a playoff run this year. i was jacked the year we won and the year we lost the super bowl because i had an all around good feeling.

this year not so much, i hope they prove me wrong though!

Steelerfreak58
01-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Batch should get the start Ben is hurt and him not being mobile hurts the team. Take away his ability to get away from the rush and he isn't that good. Wish he would check his ego and do what is better for the team. But he wont.

OX1947
01-04-2012, 09:47 PM
Should have just played Batch last week. They didnt need Ben to beat the stains.

stiller39
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
A healthy or even semi healthy Stiller team wins this game.... now... it will be a dog fight and a toss up.

nyuknyuk
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
i'm a little constipated with a bit of a cold... thanks for asking though..:hatsoff:

Constipated from a cold? I ain't askin.

nyuknyuk
01-06-2012, 04:16 PM
A healthy or even semi healthy Stiller team wins this game.... now... it will be a dog fight and a toss up.

High 34 with some snow. Itz on!

JCPsteelers
01-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm excited. I think we will win but I'd like our team to be a little more dominant than what they have shown this year.

Aussie Steeler
01-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Very confident in an easy victory for the Steelers. Hopefully up by a large margin in the third quarter so we can rest Ben in the 4th.

steelfury02
01-07-2012, 01:05 AM
34 and snow, its on? Is that suppose to mean something to fans who trek out Heinz field every winter for 15 - 20 degree weather night games

I know you have the mountains there and all - but that means zilch - if you were playing San Diego - then you'd have an advantage

SteelCityMom
01-07-2012, 01:28 AM
Yeah...what steelfury said.

I know it's cold and snowy in Denver in the winter...but newsflash....it's cold and snowy in Western Pa. in the winter too. Though we may not live on top of a mountain, we do have mountains around us. Cold is something we've become quite accustomed to over the ages.

Mid 30's and some snow is nothing to post about anyway. That's t-shirt weather (maybe a light hoodie if you're a sissy).

Kanata-Steeler
01-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Our injuries are staggering, but if there is a team that can still play with injuries, in the playoffs, then
it's definitely our Steelers. !

MACH1
01-07-2012, 03:38 AM
High 34 with some snow. Itz on!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Good luck with that

madtowndrunkard
01-07-2012, 09:43 AM
I think if Arians is allowed to, he could cost us this game. Clearly opponents have figured out Arians offense. When you have the talent we have on offense and we struggle to beat the Browns - there's a problem. Don't tell me it's Ben's ankle either. He was throwing the ball good enough to score points on a team like the Browns.

We should be using quick passes and plenty of screens. What worries me is under Arians we've struggled to run a screen with any consistency. When we do try to run a HB Screen we look like a high school offense. I'd be giving a heavy dose of passes to Heath Miller and Redman.

Atlanta Dan
01-07-2012, 09:48 AM
I think if Arians is allowed to, he could cost us this game.

And in other news, the Sun will once again rise in the east and set in the west tomorrow

The superior play calling intellect of Arians can always cost us any game:mad:

Hopefully these playoffs are it for BA as Steelers OC

sluggermatt15
01-07-2012, 12:06 PM
If the offense gets it going, then I won't be concerned. The defense will go out and play the way it does. Good thing is our players have a lot of playoff experience. Would say Denver does not have as much. Steelers know how to win big games.

Bottom line, I like our chances.

casteeler
01-07-2012, 03:18 PM
I'm irritated that Ben is being compared to Tebow on a skill level. Ben has helped the Steelers win several playoff games and 2 Superbowls. Tebow on the other hand has done..... Nothing. The teams themselves are more evenly matched than the QBs with all that said I'm looking to the next round yet.

jjpro11
01-07-2012, 04:44 PM
I'm irritated that Ben is being compared to Tebow on a skill level. Ben has helped the Steelers win several playoff games and 2 Superbowls. Tebow on the other hand has done..... Nothing. The teams themselves are more evenly matched than the QBs with all that said I'm looking to the next round yet.

who's comparing Ben and Tebow? Ben is on the verge of the Hall of Fame, Tebow is on the verge of becoming a career situational/backup QB.

Fire Arians
01-07-2012, 05:50 PM
i had a nightmare last night that we lost to the broncos 3-0. i shoulda known it was a dream well before i woke up

SoCalFan
01-07-2012, 06:03 PM
Teabag will be pulled in the second half!

OX1947
01-07-2012, 06:52 PM
I feel good, and it looks like if we win, Steelers will be going to New England.

sluggermatt15
01-07-2012, 09:07 PM

Tebow's not even a "proven" starter. Whoever is comparing him to Ben in terms of skill does NOT know what they are talking about. There is no comparison between the two! Ben's still a better runner, which is Tebow's forte.

Atlanta Dan
01-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Win or lose tomorrow, I feel grateful to be fan of a team that consistently is a factor in the playoffs

By way of comparison

The Bengals extended the longest current streak in NFL playoff futility. Cincinnati now hasn't won a postseason game in 21 seasons.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth

As a point of reference, when the Bengals last won a playoff game Chuck Noll was the Steelers' coach

By my count, since the Bengals last won a playoff game the Steelers have played in 4 Super Bowls, won 2 Super Bowls, and won 16 playoff or Super Bowl games

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 11:50 AM
And in other news, the Sun will once again rise in the east and set in the west tomorrow

The superior play calling intellect of Arians can always cost us any game:mad:

Hopefully these playoffs are it for BA as Steelers OC

Wait 'til you get a load of McCoy...

ZoneBlitzer
01-08-2012, 04:16 PM
I don't feel good. I'm worried about Ben's mobility. I'm concerned that he'll continue to force things and turn the ball over. I can see this being an ugly game offensively. I can see the Steelers losing due to their penchant for playing down to the competition and trend of beating themselves.

It could go like this:

Broncos 17 (one pick six and a fumble recovery for a touchdown)
Steelers 10 (touchdown early in the game - then stalls the rest of the way)

Or if the Steelers come out throwing with short routes to set up the run it could go like this:

Steelers 21
Broncos 10

I think the way they can overcome Ben's injury is to come out throwing. Don't let that Denver D get all keyed up on the run. Throw first to set up the run. Getting manageable 3rd downs will be the key to Steelers winning the ball game.

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 04:19 PM
i just hope Redman can hold onto the ball and Ben doesn't throw wild picks. if those problems don't arise today, i think we'll be fine.