PDA

View Full Version : Finished with the negativity?

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Reading through these forums here, I think I have heard every reason under the sun as to why we are not going to win this weekend or advance to the SB. Do any Steelers fans around here have anything positive to say about the Steelers?

So....does anybody else feel like we can pull this one off for Hines Ward this year? I certainly do. The negativity around here suggests we are fans of the San Diego Chargers, instead of the first ever team to advance to the playoffs with a huge negative turnover differential, and having lost the SB last year.

I don't know about y'all glass half-empty mofo's, but me-- I am getting ready to see the Steelers crush Denver this weekend en route to title #7....

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

* So far, no team has really shown much ability to cover Antonio Brown, who is quickly emerging as our best WR. Santonio who?

* We have the #1 defense...again. Strangely enough, we are much better against the pass this year than against the run-- but that might bode well against NE, Saints, or Green Bay. This is the year of Goodell's high-flying offenses....

* We crushed New England this season. If the Steelers can beat them convincingly, I don't fear Green Bay or the Saints at all. If we can crush NE, there is no team left in the NFL that we cannot do the same to.

* Baltimore has played POORLY both times recently when they had the first round bye in the playoffs. The first round bye is NOT an advantage (unless your team is dinged up).

* James Harrison is finally 100% and we are supposed to be getting Woodley back this week as well (good-- I am tired of watching Worilds getting smoked everytime the other team runs the ball his direction).

* With the combo of Redman and Clay-- ironically, we may now have a running game that is better suited to our Oline's style of blocking (or lack thereof).

* The Steelers are being disrespected by their fans on this forum, the media, and other teams. When the Steelers get disrespected, they win games.

* Did I mention the team will be playing for Hines? This could be Dick Lebeau's last dance as well--- they will be playing for him too.

Okay, I am done complaining.....enjoy the game, guys.:drink:

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

tony hipchest
01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
we SHOULD beat denver by about 30 points, like how the colts spanked them and then KC about 7 years ago.

but i know we wont.

just hoping we come out of the game healthy with a sunday game the following week to allow an extra day of rest.

Danny136200
01-05-2012, 12:34 AM
To some people in this forum, it feels as if this is the worse team to ever make it to the playoffs. You make some really good points on why we should have a nice, deep run into the playoffs.

I do believe that the problem is that a lot of people hold the Steelers up to a very, very high standard, I do not blame them for that. So when the Steelers are playing poorly, or some questionable coaching decisions are made (IE, the choice to play Ben @San fran and @ Cleveland) that they disagree on, they tend to overreact and look things in a negative perspective. I suffer from that too sometimes, from both wins and losses. We are all fans of the same team and everybody here provides a different perspective and opinion on issues regarding the team.

LambertWardSteel
01-05-2012, 12:49 AM
It is a new season and everyone is 0-0. If I want to look at it logically the odds are against us after this week because of the injuries. That being said, with the #1 D in a short season, and this team's playoff experience, you never know. I remember a lot thought we'd go 1-3 or 0-4 w/o Ben last September. If the D elevates itself for the postseason like they did then, and the O can play efficiently and mistake free maybe it can happen.

I will say too, it is funny how success has spoiled me as a fan. I remember in 1989 (just as an example)when the Steelers finally made it as a Wild Card after missing the playoffs the previous 5 years. That Wildcard felt just as good as a #1 seed would feel now.

In thinking ahead to a Baltimore rematch if it occurs, that 89 team went into Houston and beat an 'unbeatable' divisional foe and almost pulled it out in Denver the next week.

tony hipchest
01-05-2012, 12:56 AM
im one of the more positive "glass is half full" posters on this board but there are several things i dont like-

-ben hobbling around the locker room today and barely participating practice.
-our leading #1 rb out for the year.
-ryan clark out.
-2 UDFA practice squad rookies rounding out our RB corps going into the playoffs.
-2 rookie cb's and leading ST players injured and out.
-ST ace and emergency CB madison being called offa the couch (literally) sunday night to see if he can return.
-Woodley (who will probably be winded and tired after the 2nd series) returning and possibly re-injured for the year.
-another OL revolving starting rotation. (this one may actually be a plus getting legursky back).
-injured nickel back (since its vs denver, this too will probably be a non factor)

did i miss anything?

oh yeah, our kicker still probably couldnt make a 47 yard fg to win the game at mile high. :doh:

this post isnt negative. this post is real.

im confident going into denver, but if any of these problems linger into a deeper playoff run, any steeler fan has a legitimate reason for concern.

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2012, 12:59 AM
we SHOULD beat denver by about 30 points, like how the colts spanked them and then KC about 7 years ago.

but i know we wont.

just hoping we come out of the game healthy with a sunday game the following week to allow an extra day of rest.
here's where my negativity comes from. 5 years with arians system , several position upgrades. and yet they still struggle to put 21 points on the board , AGAINST SHITTY TEAMS !!!
seriously how could anyone not be negative when you've got an offense loaded with individual talents ( top 5 qb , top 5 receiving core , great TE , probowl center , 1st rd pick RB ) and yet year after year they under achieve. why can GB ,NE, NO , consistently put up 35+ on the board and we struggle to put up 14 against the browns ? :banging::banging::banging:

only jacksonville with a rookie qb and houston with a 3rd string qb, scored less points against the colts than we did....

Wallace108
01-05-2012, 01:03 AM
im one of the more positive "glass is half full" posters on this board but there are several things i dont like-

-ryan clark out.
-2 UDFA practice squad rookies rounding out our RB corps going into the playoffs.
-ST ace and emergency CB madison being called offa the couch (literally) sunday night to see if he can return.
-Woodley (who will probably be winded and tired after the 2nd series) returning and possibly re-injured for the year.
-another OL revolving starting rotation. (this one may actually be a plus getting legursky back).
-injured nickel back (since its vs denver, this too will probably be a non factor)

did i miss anything?

oh yeah, our kicker still probably couldnt make a 47 yard fg to win the game at mile high. :doh:

im confident going into denver, but if any of these problems linger into a deeper playoff run, any steeler fan has a legitimate reason for concern.
You left out the part about the brain-dead offensive coordinator.

EDIT: I see MoP's got your back.

MACH1
01-05-2012, 01:06 AM
As the resident lizard of the other place puts it "if you like points go become a pats fan". :doh:

Uhh duh, you gotta be able to score points to win games.

Steel_Bus_24
01-05-2012, 01:16 AM

-ryan clark out.

did i miss anything?

The bigger thing for me, is that they haven't looked Piss*d Off enough yet.....One time maybe this year, we played with that "Possessed Look"/"Eye of the Tiger"....if you will...and that was against the Pats and maybe a little in that 2nd Bengals game........

And we're going to need boatloads of it to overcome these injuries

I hope its like they say, and its the beginning of a new season for us, and we are ready for the all out war its going to take to get back to the SuperBowl:helmet::tt03:

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2012, 01:21 AM
As the resident lizard of the other place puts it "if you like points go become a pats fan". :doh:

Well duh, you gotta be able to score points to win games.
and look what happens when you don't put points on the board ( see 2009 )
cinn 18
pitt 12

kc 27
pitt 24

balt 20
pitt 17

oak 27
pitt 24

clev 13
pitt 6

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 01:32 AM
I'm starting to get pissed. It must be nearing. The calm before the playoff storm. Givin' our injuries, it's no damn lie that I'm concerned about our chances now. Baltimore and New England are fresh teams with a BYE week, playing at home where they are almost unbeatable. Us? we're hurting on almost EVERY elite position there is. We simply needed to be healthy to draw a team like Baltimore again. It'll be an absolute BITCH to go on the road to New England and Baltimore.

Denver? We will only kill ourselves. A true MELTDOWN will occur if we lose to these pansy's. Defense is going to have to step up big and carry us once again to the promise land. I can't handle Ben hobblin' around like he was in San Fran. That shit was just UGLY. There's just something about this team that I love. Can't quite put my finger on it.

If we have anything going for us, it's the pure veteran leadership that's been in this spotlight before. We simply know how to win these games, no matter HOW we look in doing it. I got a good feeling, even though we may have to do it with one of our most beat up teams entering the playoffs that I can remember.

tony hipchest
01-05-2012, 01:55 AM
"if you like points go become a pats fan". :doh:

i'll take "things a moron would say" for $500, Alex.

I'm starting to get pissed. It must be nearing. The calm before the playoff storm. Givin' our injuries, it's no damn lie that I'm concerned about our chances now. Baltimore and New England are fresh teams with a BYE week, playing at home where they are almost unbeatable. Us? we're hurting on almost EVERY elite position there is. We simply needed to be healthy to draw a team like Baltimore again. It'll be an absolute BITCH to go on the road to New England and Baltimore.

Denver? We will only kill ourselves. A true MELTDOWN will occur if we lose to these pansy's. Defense is going to have to step up big and carry us once again to the promise land. I can't handle Ben hobblin' around like he was in San Fran. That shit was just UGLY. There's just something about this team that I love. Can't quite put my finger on it.

If we have anything going for us, it's the pure veteran leadership that's been in this spotlight before. We simply know how to win these games, no matter HOW we look in doing it. I got a good feeling, even though we may have to do it with one of our most beat up teams entering the playoffs that I can remember.

im with you. pats and the suck ass ravens have a tendency to lay down after a week off. other than much needed rest and healing FOR US, it may not be too much of an advantage for them.

hopefully we'll be primed and they will be rusty if we easilly kick the donkeys to the curb.

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 03:15 AM
Reading through these forums here, I think I have heard every reason under the sun as to why we are not going to win this weekend or advance to the SB. Do any Steelers fans around here have anything positive to say about the Steelers?

So....does anybody else feel like we can pull this one off for Hines Ward this year? I certainly do. The negativity around here suggests we are fans of the San Diego Chargers, instead of the first ever team to advance to the playoffs with a huge negative turnover differential, and having lost the SB last year.

I don't know about y'all glass half-empty mofo's, but me-- I am getting ready to see the Steelers crush Denver this weekend en route to title #7....
So, Riddle, it looks like the answer to your question is no, we don't have a whole lot of positive feelings. And yet I dare say we're still going to win, despite all of the problems. If we lose, it will be in the AFCCG, not in Denver, not in Baltimore, and not in the SB.

Dick Lebeau will not be gone next year, and no one thinks he will be, so that's not a motivator. The Hines angle, however, might just work in the same way it did with Bettis.
i'll take "things a moron would say" for $500, Alex.
That's an Audio Daily Double, Tony!

TmIuXyiEzCE

DanRooney
01-05-2012, 04:10 AM
I'm not even concerned with this weeks game. We are hobbled but Denver should be a cakewalk. I know it won't be because our offense absolutely stinks but I think we win this game by 10 points or more. I'm not too optimistic about the 2nd round though.

Rick5895
01-05-2012, 04:19 AM
The only thing that keeps from being %100 is our OC. That being said...if we have both Woodley and Harrison playing that will help Timmons get back to his usual standard and Denver won't score on us. If we play Baltimore next week I will say WIN there too, no way they beat us 3 times in a season, this will allow our injured CB's to be ready for the AFCG. I have nothing tangible to put this prediction on but I have a feeling this team goes to the Super Bowl and we bring home #7.

btaylor179
01-05-2012, 05:27 AM
our offense cant score....thats the bottom line we look terrible.....hoping for the best but......

DoctorCAD
01-05-2012, 08:05 AM

-ryan clark out.

did i miss anything?

You forgot to mention a head coach who seems to not give a shit about the team and his players. He looks like he is bored on Sundays.

FanSince72
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
Hey don't include me in all that negativity crap.

I've always said that there are only two possible outcomes which are winning or losing and I can either choose to be negative or choose to be positive and since they both cost the same, I choose positive.

I feel very good about our chances against Denver and I've said as much many times.
I acknowledge that "on any given Sunday" any team can win, but the other way to look at that is that since that's true, why shouldn't it be us?

So I pick "Us" by a bunch.

BIGNASTY91
01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
I know its a different team, and a different season but look at the packers from last year! Injuries piled up for them to the point every packer fan i know thought they were done! They squeaked into the playoffs, had injuries in the playoffs also, and came from the 6th seed to win it all! I may be completely wrong but i believe this teams veterans are going to step up the intesity of this team come Sunday, and take it all the way till Feb. I always look at the glass half full, I know things dont look great for this team right but i tend to look at the positives and not the negatives!! Win or lose I will still bleed black and gold and i am going to have faith in my STEELERS all the way to the end!!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03: :tt03:

queeg
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

* So far, no team has really shown much ability to cover Antonio Brown, who is quickly emerging as our best WR. Santonio who?

* We have the #1 defense...again. Strangely enough, we are much better against the pass this year than against the run-- but that might bode well against NE, Saints, or Green Bay. This is the year of Goodell's high-flying offenses....

* We crushed New England this season. If the Steelers can beat them convincingly, I don't fear Green Bay or the Saints at all. If we can crush NE, there is no team left in the NFL that we cannot do the same to.

* Baltimore has played POORLY both times recently when they had the first round bye in the playoffs. The first round bye is NOT an advantage (unless your team is dinged up).

* James Harrison is finally 100% and we are supposed to be getting Woodley back this week as well (good-- I am tired of watching Worilds getting smoked everytime the other team runs the ball his direction).

* With the combo of Redman and Clay-- ironically, we may now have a running game that is better suited to our Oline's style of blocking (or lack thereof).

* The Steelers are being disrespected by their fans on this forum, the media, and other teams. When the Steelers get disrespected, they win games.

* Did I mention the team will be playing for Hines? This could be Dick Lebeau's last dance as well--- they will be playing for him too.

Okay, I am done complaining.....enjoy the game, guys.:drink:

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

There are a group of personally disturbed, low self esteem, uneducated and childish posters who should be challenged at every negative post they make....

Cussing is out of bounds and we are sick of reading it in posts....

The Steelers are our joy...thick or thin....they are inspirational and role models for youth who need positive heros in their formulative years.....they do not need to read posts of sickos and bottom feeders!

TRH
01-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I feel very good about our chances this week. The problem i'm having is some of us have us down as "a lock" when we could easily get upset, especially with how we've been playing. it's not a lock.

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2012, 11:43 AM
I want to see Harrison hit Tebow So hard that Timmy wakes up in a Jaguars uniform next season.

Fire Arians
01-05-2012, 11:51 AM
I want to see Harrison hit Tebow So hard that Timmy wakes up in a Jaguars uniform next season.

i don't, just because if that happens we will prolly see harrison suspended for the postseason. i'll settle for a couple strip sacks tho :wink02:

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
here's where my negativity comes from. 5 years with arians system , several position upgrades. and yet they still struggle to put 21 points on the board , AGAINST SHITTY TEAMS !!!

Unfortunately the SOB probably will survive as OC by blaming the injuries to Roethlisberger and Mendenhall for the rotten offense

If the offense craps the bed against Denver with a loss (say 9 -6?) maybe Art Rooney will step up and tell Tomlin that unlike 2 years ago Arains does not get to hang around any longer - maybe even Ben is getting tired of having the crap kicked out of him every year

Atlanta Dan
01-05-2012, 11:57 AM
I feel very good about our chances this week. The problem i'm having is some of us have us down as "a lock" when we could easily get upset, especially with how we've been playing. it's not a lock.

Yep - why the spread keeps hanging around 8 &1/2 - 9 points is a mystery to me given how this offense performs on the road when healthy - Tebow is rotten but it is hard to see more than 17 - 20 points out of this offense as a best case scenario

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2012, 12:11 PM
i don't, just because if that happens we will prolly see harrison suspended for the postseason. i'll settle for a couple strip sacks tho :wink02:

True, save that hit for the Super Bowl so the suspension is carried over to next season...sucks to be an NFC QB...

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2012, 01:34 PM
That's an Audio Daily Double, Tony!

TmIuXyiEzCE
:toofunny:

harrison'samonster
01-05-2012, 01:44 PM
True, save that hit for the Super Bowl so the suspension is carried over to next season...sucks to be an NFC QB...

That just made my day! I can't wait for the SB.

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 02:31 PM
seriously how could anyone not be negative when you've got an offense loaded with individual talents ( top 5 qb , top 5 receiving core , great TE , probowl center , 1st rd pick RB ) and yet year after year they under achieve. why can GB ,NE, NO , consistently put up 35+ on the board and we struggle to put up 14 against the browns ? :banging::banging::banging:

only jacksonville with a rookie qb and houston with a 3rd string qb, scored less points against the colts than we did....

These are the things that most Steeler fan points out then right away your labeled as a hater or a wagon fan......Your right, it seems like a coaching problem to me to!

MasterOfPuppets
01-05-2012, 03:25 PM
These are the things that most Steeler fan points out then right away your labeled as a hater or a wagon fan......Your right, it seems like a coaching problem to me to!
the "pro arians" , crowd likes to counter with "the players have to execute" , argument. i'd accept that if it were the occasional game that the offense shits to bed , but after 5 years of offensive failures with the occasional "good games" sprinkled in , i think its safe to call it a pattern. when a pattern develops its time to start evaluating the coaching. the guys responsible for preparation. they can hardly blame player short comings when THEY are the ones who decide who see's the field.
in a business if you have one department who consistently turns a profit , and the other department consistently doesn't , the first person that falls under scrutiny is the manager of that department.

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 03:47 PM
There are a group of personally disturbed, low self esteem, uneducated and childish posters who should be challenged at every negative post they make....

Cussing is out of bounds and we are sick of reading it in posts....

The Steelers are our joy...thick or thin....they are inspirational and role models for youth who need positive heros in their formulative years.....they do not need to read posts of sickos and bottom feeders!
There's reasons that the Steelers do not have a cheerleading troupe, unlike most of the NFL. It's adolescent, it belies a lack of true self-confidence, and real adults take their lumps when they're under-performing. If you feel this is an error on the part of the Rooneys, feel free to contact them, and offer your services with the pom-poms.

Until then, I strongly recommend you keep your trollish criticisms of your fellow posters to yourself. They have opinions (unlike you) and are allowed to express them.

The "cussing" has already been debated ad nauseum, with you and others. This forum already has what I consider to be an over-exuberant censoring system which will not even allow me to type, for example, journalist Alexander ****burn's name. If the few remaining pee-pee and poo-poo words that do get through the filters still get your prudish panties in a bunch, then the problem resides in your brain, and not on these boards. Get over it.

You're not the only Steelers fan on the planet - far from it - and you need to get past this no doubt evangelically-inspired notion that you get to decide how others express their ideas, their support for the team, or criticisms of same. Leave the other posters here alone.

I'll say this again: you contribute absolutely nothing to these boards, nor to the discussions within it. That's fine, you need not be a contributor. But if you're not going to contribute, then shut the **** up. Stop trolling with your cheerleader moralisms.

Go Steelers!

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 03:51 PM
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w180/AngelofthePhoenix/fez_ISaidGoodDay.png

tony hipchest
01-05-2012, 03:57 PM
the "pro arians" , crowd likes to counter with "the players have to execute" , argument. i'd accept that if it were the occasional game that the offense shits to bed , but after 5 years of offensive failures with the occasional "good games" sprinkled in , i think its safe to call it a pattern. when a pattern develops its time to start evaluating the coaching. the guys responsible for preparation. they can hardly blame player short comings when THEY are the ones who decide who see's the field.
in a business if you have one department who consistently turns a profit , and the other department consistently doesn't , the first person that falls under scrutiny is the manager of that department.

the "pro arians" crowd and family are the artists formerly known as the "pro mularkey" and "pro Tim Lewis" crowd. according to them nobody could possibly do a better job, the "haters" would be just as unhappy with wisenhunt and lebeau, and it was really maddox's, hines, zeoroue and jeromes failure to execute along with rookie troy, porter, hampton, gildon etc. that led to their failure.

well guess what, wisenhunt and lebeau were both an upgrade. the steelers under cowher became the 1st AFC team to win 15 games in a season in the new assistants 1st year, and won the teams first championship in over 25 years a year later.

im getting to where i could care less about how aunt and uncle arians feel on the subject. most of them are just full of the audio daily double anyways.

lipps83
01-05-2012, 04:06 PM
the "pro arians" crowd and family are the artists formerly known as the "pro mularkey" and "pro Tim Lewis" crowd. according to them nobody could possibly do a better job, the "haters" would be just as unhappy with wisenhunt and lebeau, and it was really maddox's, hines, zeoroue and jeromes failure to execute along with rookie troy, porter, hampton, gildon etc. that led to their failure.

well guess what, wisenhunt and lebeau were both an upgrade. the steelers under cowher became the 1st AFC team to win 15 games in a season in the new assistants 1st year, and won the teams first championship in over 25 years a year later.

im getting to where i could care less about how aunt and uncle arians feel on the subject. most of them are full of the audio daily double.

I liked Wisenhunt. A lot. Put the ball through the air in the first half and built a decent lead. Smash mouth in the 2nd half with a mix of passing to deflate the other team and sustain drives. That was the stuff of legends.

Was okay with Mularkey at times. Would rather see Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street call the offense than Arians.

On the defensive side, loved Capers and Blitzburgh. Tim Lewis, eh, well, there was a good year here or there.

I love Lebeau, but it seems at times the defense is just out doing its job. Where did the fire go? I don't see any passion on this defense. It seems they are much less likely to blitz outside of certain occasions anymore. :noidea:

I think overall, with the talent on this team, especially the offense that we SHOULD NOT struggle against weaker teams. But we do much more than we should :noidea:

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 04:10 PM
I liked Wisenhunt. A lot. Put the ball through the air in the first half and built a decent lead. Smash mouth in the 2nd half with a mix of passing to deflate the other team and sustain drives. That was the stuff of legends.

Was okay with Mularkey at times. Would rather see Bert and Ernie from Sesame Street call the offense than Arians.

On the defensive side, loved Capers and Blitzburgh. Tim Lewis, eh, well, there was a good year here or there.

I love Lebeau, but it seems at times the defense is just out doing its job. Where did the fire go? I don't see any passion on this defense. It seems they are much less likely to blitz outside of certain occasions anymore. :noidea:

I think overall, with the talent on this team, especially the offense that we SHOULD NOT struggle against weaker teams. But we do much more than we should :noidea:
Honestly, I just think that we don't have any loudmouths anymore. Loudmouths are good and they are bad. Why not just keep the good, guys who do their talking on the field. I'm sure that's Tomlin's feeling, especially after that one bozo talked his way out of the starting lineup that one year before the Patriots game. What was his name again? Smith?

LayingTheWoodley56
01-05-2012, 04:14 PM
Forget all you guys with your negativity, how about this - how bout we watch the damn game and see if we get a win and then we re-evaluate next week. For chrissakes people, have some frickin faith. THERE IS NO WAY WE LOSE THIS GAME. Not a chance in hell. Regardless of our physical state and the way we have played the last couple of weeks, we are a 12-4 football team that has only two losses of any team that is not the Ravens. And the Broncos SUCK, and so does their quarterback. They got killed in two of the last three weeks and Tebow had 6 completions in the biggest game of the year against the KC Chiefs, not even a good team. We will roll this team, and then we'll go from there.

- Ben Roethlisberger is a gimpy, less mobile version of himself? He's still Ben Roetlisberger.
- Mendenhall has been a disappointment all season; there is no drop-off, if not an increase in Issac Redman
- We have two recievers who are bonafide big-play threats; at least one of them will get you
- We've won with questionable offensive lines for like the past six years, aren't we over discussing that by now?
- We don't have Clark; we have a hobbled Woodley. We still have outraeous Pro Bowl snub Ike Taylor *having his best year)...James Harrison...Troy Polamalu, not a bad safety at the other safety spot...Keisel in one of his finest years...a revived William Gay...an up and comer in Ziggy Hood...and I believe Casey Hampton has anchored an AFC championship defense in his day (or three.)

Though it is not as pronounced as it was in 05 because it was widely known that Bettis was retiring and #86 has given no indication as such, we still all have in the back of our minds sending Hines Ward, a top 10 Steeler of all-time, with a third Lombardi trophy.

And does anyone here honestly believe that there is NO CHANCE that this collection of players is capable of beating the Baltimore Ravens? You would go into that game POSITIVE that we were going to lose to them for the third time? If you believe that, I have difficulty accepting you as a fellow Steelers fan. I believe we played, and dominated the New England Patriots already this season.

I AM AMPED FOR SOME STEELER PLAYOFF FOOTBALL AND I BELIEVE MY T EAM IS GOING TO KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS ON SUNDAY!!! Prediction Steelers 27 Broncos 0 (and that's not even a homer pick, because the Broncos are that bad - to the point where they got their asses kicked by the Buffalo Bills last month.)

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Forget all you guys with your negativity, how about this - how bout we watch the damn game and see if we get a win and then we re-evaluate next week. For chrissakes people, have some frickin faith. THERE IS NO WAY WE LOSE THIS GAME. Not a chance in hell. Regardless of our physical state and the way we have played the last couple of weeks, we are a 12-4 football team that has only two losses of any team that is not the Ravens. And the Broncos SUCK, and so does their quarterback. They got killed in two of the last three weeks and Tebow had 6 completions in the biggest game of the year against the KC Chiefs, not even a good team. We will roll this team, and then we'll go from there.

- Ben Roethlisberger is a gimpy, less mobile version of himself? He's still Ben Roetlisberger.
- Mendenhall has been a disappointment all season; there is no drop-off, if not an increase in Issac Redman
- We have two recievers who are bonafide big-play threats; at least one of them will get you
- We've won with questionable offensive lines for like the past six years, aren't we over discussing that by now?
- We don't have Clark; we have a hobbled Woodley. We still have outraeous Pro Bowl snub Ike Taylor *having his best year)...James Harrison...Troy Polamalu, not a bad safety at the other safety spot...Keisel in one of his finest years...a revived William Gay...an up and comer in Ziggy Hood...and I believe Casey Hampton has anchored an AFC championship defense in his day (or three.)

Though it is not as pronounced as it was in 05 because it was widely known that Bettis was retiring and #86 has given no indication as such, we still all have in the back of our minds sending Hines Ward, a top 10 Steeler of all-time, with a third Lombardi trophy.

And does anyone here honestly believe that there is NO CHANCE that this collection of players is capable of beating the Baltimore Ravens? You would go into that game POSITIVE that we were going to lose to them for the third time? If you believe that, I have difficulty accepting you as a fellow Steelers fan. I believe we played, and dominated the New England Patriots already this season.

I AM AMPED FOR SOME STEELER PLAYOFF FOOTBALL AND I BELIEVE MY T EAM IS GOING TO KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS ON SUNDAY!!! Prediction Steelers 27 Broncos 0 (and that's not even a homer pick, because the Broncos are that bad - to the point where they got their asses kicked by the Buffalo Bills last month.)
What a regrettable post. :shake02:

In all seriousness, this game won't even be close. Not sure about 27-0, but a blowout all the same. I was thinking 27-9 or something like that.

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 04:21 PM

I'm FIRED UP! I said in a previous post that there is SOMETHING about this team that I love. I think lost in all the negativity (and there's a ton of it, especially the last couple days) that everyone is forgetting about our veterans. The guys that's been there before. I'm talking Harrison, Farrior, Polamalu, Keisel, Ben, Ward, etc. I think we are going to play teams TOUGH regardless.

With that said, I have some doubts MORE-SO than I did within this last decade heading into the post-season. Over the past Super Bowl runs, I knew we were tough and that the Super Bowl was a very LOUD case of reality! Now, even though the Super Bowl is possible, we have a long, up-hill battle to climb. One I can see us sliding down sometime soon. That's not to say I lost confidence. If anything, it makes me root harder!

HERE WE GO!!!!!

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 04:29 PM
ok some mood music then....
2eVPxvaIzec

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 04:34 PM
JH0iT6YUjeU

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
JH0iT6YUjeU

My brother and i were never fired up as much until this was played at the playoff game.
If this doesnt give ya chills when kicked in, you might not be human.....:applaudit:

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 04:48 PM
My brother and i were never fired up as much until this was played at the playoff game.
If this doesnt give ya chills when kicked in, you might not be human.....:applaudit:

Agreed my man! I was in attendance for the Browns 2002 Wild Card comeback victory. This was the FIRST TIME I ever recall Renegade being played. I heard it when Fu scored on the touchdown and again when Randle-EL hit Tuman in the back of the endzone for the 2 point conversion. CLASSIC ever since! Pandemonium in the stadium. I look forward to Renegade!

queeg
01-05-2012, 05:15 PM
There's reasons that the Steelers do not have a cheerleading troupe, unlike most of the NFL. It's adolescent, it belies a lack of true self-confidence, and real adults take their lumps when they're under-performing. If you feel this is an error on the part of the Rooneys, feel free to contact them, and offer your services with the pom-poms.

Until then, I strongly recommend you keep your trollish criticisms of your fellow posters to yourself. They have opinions (unlike you) and are allowed to express them.

The "cussing" has already been debated ad nauseum, with you and others. This forum already has what I consider to be an over-exuberant censoring system which will not even allow me to type, for example, journalist Alexander ****burn's name. If the few remaining pee-pee and poo-poo words that do get through the filters still get your prudish panties in a bunch, then the problem resides in your brain, and not on these boards. Get over it.

You're not the only Steelers fan on the planet - far from it - and you need to get past this no doubt evangelically-inspired notion that you get to decide how others express their ideas, their support for the team, or criticisms of same. Leave the other posters here alone.

I'll say this again: you contribute absolutely nothing to these boards, nor to the discussions within it. That's fine, you need not be a contributor. But if you're not going to contribute, then shut the **** up. Stop trolling with your cheerleader moralisms.

Go Steelers!

Your life will be blessed if your repent...I will pray for you....

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 05:21 PM

Tebow, is that you?

queeg
01-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Your about to see a bunch of reserves step up in blue collar old fashioned football manner..... play their hearts out for you!!!!!

Steelers coaches including Coach Arians are trying to take an old team and rebuild it with youth without a drastic fall off that ocurred after the Bradshaw years. A coach wants to win, get reasonably good stats, but most importantly have competen, developing for the future reserves in times of team hardship....Coach Arians has done a fab job in 2012 as well as his assistants.....Carnell Lake has done so much to develop aggressiveness in defensive backs......Kugler a positive....special teams a vast improvement.....

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Agreed my man! I was in attendance for the Browns 2002 Wild Card comeback victory. This was the FIRST TIME I ever recall Renegade being played. I heard it when Fu scored on the touchdown and again when Randle-EL hit Tuman in the back of the endzone for the 2 point conversion. CLASSIC ever since! Pandemonium in the stadium. I look forward to Renegade!

I had no nails left after that 2002 game......I ran out so i ended up chewing on the arm of the couch......lol....But it was helluva good game tho.

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 10:30 PM
This is not helping your case.
Your about to see a bunch of reserves step up in blue collar old fashioned football manner..... play their hearts out for you!!!!!

Steelers coaches including Coach Arians are trying to take an old team and rebuild it with youth without a drastic fall off that ocurred after the Bradshaw years. A coach wants to win, get reasonably good stats, but most importantly have competen, developing for the future reserves in times of team hardship....Coach Arians has done a fab job in 2012 as well as his assistants.....Carnell Lake has done so much to develop aggressiveness in defensive backs......Kugler a positive....special teams a vast improvement.....
This only slightly more so... Keep it up with actually posting your thoughts and feelings about the Pittsburgh Steelers, and less about what doomed losers you think your fellow posters are.

steelfury02
01-06-2012, 07:56 AM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZM560qjonDb1RMVx8dcY8rYsQPvY7P fxjnFIGuIzmA_wS3IC0

Oh my - I just can't believe how much of a loser I am - I am completely miserable, Pittsburgh!

In all seriousness though you can call me public enemy #1 in regards to the negativity - I just ride the wave of elation / frustration like a lot of Steelers fans - its just passion for the team - nobody needs to prove they are a proud member of Steelers nation on a message board. I keep watching and coming on here to complain and get excited win or lose - and I keep watching the Steelers year after year.

With all the injuries there is tangible reasons to be concerned and to come on here and gripe IMHO. Call me a loser / pathetic / - but if I saw you tailgating at Heinz I'd offer up some free brewski and good eats just the same - and then you'd get to listen to me whine in person! Oh joy for you! LOL

I'm concerned and yes, any given Sunday. We've got a 1 in 12 shot - Here we go!:tt02:

ebsteelers
01-06-2012, 08:00 AM
im ****ing juiced up for this... best d in the nfl... playoff time baby...

if your gonna be negative go root for the rat birds

steelfury02
01-06-2012, 08:07 AM
hah

Fire Arians
01-06-2012, 11:26 AM
Tebow, is that you?

:chuckle:

kirklandrules
01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Steelers win this one big. I know there's a lot going against them right now, but I can't help thinking that this is really Tebow vs Lebeau. I know who I'd put my money on!

I understand stranger things have happened (eg: Moses parted the Red Sea to escape the Pharaoh, the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team beat the USSR, the NFL commissioner fines players for being too rough), but I just don't see it going the other way for the Steelers.

MACH1
01-06-2012, 12:10 PM
Steelers win this one big. I know there's a lot going against them right now, but I can't help thinking that this is really Tebow vs Lebeau. I know who I'd put my money on!

I understand stranger things have happened (eg: Moses parted the Red Sea to escape the Pharaoh, the 1980 US Olympic Hockey team beat the USSR, the NFL commissioner fines players for being too rough), but I just don't see it going the other way for the Steelers.

Can't leave arians out of the equation. Maybe he calls a great game, maybe he calls a cleveland,oakland type game.

Fire Arians
01-06-2012, 12:49 PM
god's quarterback vs god's safety. i'll go with the guy with the hair

Atlanta Dan
01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
Certainly no negativity from Bill Cowher and Tony Dungy

Who do you like in the Super Bowl?

Cowher: I will take New Orleans and Pittsburgh. I think Pittsburgh is a team that can go on the road, they are built to do that with their great defense, and do that all three games. Pittsburgh has great matchups with New England (13-3) or Baltimore (12-4). New Orleans is the one team that can go back up and beat Green Bay. Iím picking the hot hand there.

Dungy: Well, I started out early on with Pittsburgh and Green Bay and Iím going to stick with that. If Ben is healthy, that has a good chance to play out. The team that is scary to me is the Giants. I think they can make some noise.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/01/06/qa-two-super-bowl-champion-coaches-talk-nfl-playoffs/2/

Of course Ben is not healthy :noidea:

gloydfan
01-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Troy is by far my favorite player. With him healthy, we always have a very good chance. Mr. Tebow, meet Troy... Can't wait till kickoff...

gloydfan
01-06-2012, 06:49 PM
We have two of the best defensive players in the game (Troy and James), let's roll...

JPPT1974
01-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Think that the Steelers are way, way too much for Tebow and Broncos to handle!

ZoneBlitzer
01-08-2012, 03:19 PM
If it is in regards to the offense, then the negativity is justified. The offense hasn't lived up to expectations. They've won ugly this year with a very weak offense. Given the talent, it's just not acceptable.