PDA

View Full Version : Know your enemy,...

SteelCzar76
06-25-2006, 10:19 PM
What division teams do you think had the best offseason ? And whom do you think will be the most improved ? I hate to say it but,...i think it's the Clowns. Crennel seems to finally have the personel to run an effective 3-4 Defense. That's not a problem for us because our O see's it in practice,.. but they could make noise with anyone else. I'm not sold on the Bungles,.we still have a mental edge because in their heart of hearts,.. they know they are not ready. We always go to war with the Ratbirds but even with Mcnair i don't think they have enough on the offensive side of the ball to get it done. (Not to mention they're gettin a little long in the tooth on D)

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"

RoethlisBURGHer
06-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Most improved-Cleveland Browns: Jurevicius is a very good reciever and I always see him make those really tough catches,Cleveland hasn't seen a reciever like that since they came back.KW will be back this year and I think he's gonna be a force to be reconed with.They finally got help on the o-line so Frye won't be as much of a sitting duck this year.When Edwards comes back he'll be thier #1 reciever.

Least Improved-Cincinnati Bengals: I just don't really see what they did to improve.Hell,half thier team might be in jail before the season starts.And if Palmer isn't ready it'll be a long season for the Bengals.

Improved but Not Enough-Baltimore Ravens:Steve McNair is an upgrade over any quarterback this team has ever had.However,McNair is on the tail end of his career and hasn't played a full season in like two or three years.The Teflon QB has become The Glass QB.The o-line is the same as it was last year and McNair might be in a full body cast by week 5 of the season.When McNair does go down,Kyle Boller steps back under center and we all know he's no good.Ngata will help the d-line but Ray Ray still won't be the most effective guy on the field.

Big D
06-26-2006, 10:44 AM
I would have to say the browns as well. Getting Mcginnest was a great pick they also had a very decent draft. And lets not turn the home cooking on to much here. Crennell is a great coach. As far as the ravens they could have got tom brady as long as they have brian billick they wont go anywhere. He runs a circus not a nfl franchise

BlackNGold203
06-26-2006, 11:12 AM
The Browns have improved..they will be competitive..but they are still a couple years away....I'm just not sold on Frye....

ravens?...please...McNair isnt McNair anymore....he used to be a Steeler killer...but you saw what we did to him in the opener last year....Their D is old...not a factor

It's still the Bengals...everything hinges on Palmer...and it will be interesting to see how they deal with a little success last year...from the outside looking in...there doesnt seem to be great chemistry there.

Big D
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
The Browns have improved..they will be competitive..but they are still a couple years away....I'm just not sold on Frye....

ravens?...please...McNair isnt McNair anymore....he used to be a Steeler killer...but you saw what we did to him in the opener last year....Their D is old...not a factor

It's still the Bengals...everything hinges on Palmer...and it will be interesting to see how they deal with a little success last year...from the outside looking in...there doesnt seem to be great chemistry there.
I strongly believe that you cant win a superbowl anymore if you dont have a defense. Look how much peyton has missed out for that reason. So I dont really see the bengals a threat

ARKIESTEEL
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Them old QB's can jump and bite you if you dont watch it

BlackNGold203
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
Them old QB's can jump and bite you if you dont watch it

Agreed Arkie....but with that OL...he's gonna be barking from a hospital bed I think....

SteelCzar76
06-26-2006, 08:19 PM
"lmao,....While ya playin,..Mcnair would play with an IV on. Real talk,..he's tough,..but they won't have enough.

"Hail Caesar,...Hail the Black and Gold"