PDA

View Full Version : "I got that... THEY SHOT ME IN DENVER"

tony hipchest
01-04-2012, 11:50 PM
greatest post game, motivational speech ever.

gpOG9K02F_g

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 01:36 AM

gpOG9K02F_g

Man, say what you want about Porter, but that dude LOVED Pittsburgh. He was a bigmouth, but his passion and love for playing for the Steelers will always have me loving Porter as a player. When he left, you could just see the hurt in his eyes. He bleeds Black and Gold. I bet he'd come back here and play for free, only if he was just standing on the sidelines.

Corey_J
01-05-2012, 01:42 AM
take him back ANYDAY !

GMU Steeler
01-05-2012, 01:45 AM
He was a lot of fun. Miss him.

Rick5895
01-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Awesome, brings back great memories of that playoff run, that is the main difference between that squad and this one. Those boys got fired up at the drop of a hat..Bus and Peezy could get anybody fired up. This team seems to need a smack in the mouth to get fired up, that being said I am sure we will be great this playoff season.

Boomer
01-05-2012, 05:19 AM
He could sure light a fire under his team, that's for sure. Our Steelers need a guy like that in the locker room now days.

skinart82
01-05-2012, 09:35 AM
Miss that man!

Yehoodi
01-05-2012, 10:08 AM

gpOG9K02F_g

great video, thanks for posting, love locker room video . .. and yes porter is a very passionate player . . .

grward
01-05-2012, 11:08 AM
Can we just bring him back for motivational purposes? I agree ... great guy to have on our side. I loved it when he was here. You just knew he would amp up the players! Right now, there isn't a single player with his ability to light the fire.

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2012, 12:16 PM
take him back ANYDAY !

I just love your signature Gif...

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 12:58 PM
Since Joey's been gone, so has the inspiration. Thats what ya had to love about the guy. The fire he had.:applaudit:

LayingTheWoodley56
01-05-2012, 01:36 PM
First of all, I love the quote and I loved Porter, he was a definitelu a great Steeler and a fun personality. That being said, I don't think that it's fair to say our guys don't get fired up anymore. This I'm sure from the same people who get on Antonio Brown for pointing for first downs too much. Our guys, especially on defense, are probably too young too jump around like crazy before every game. They bring a veteran intensity to every game, and certainly they get amped up at big moments. 12 wins, people, 12 wins. And all anyone can do is complain. And if you think Potsie, Big Snack, Hines, Clark, Woodley, and any other number of our guys can't "light a fire," your out of your mind.

harrison'samonster
01-05-2012, 01:49 PM
i'd take Porter back any day. It says a lot about a team that didn't miss such a quality player. Remember him coming up so big in the playoffs against Indy? All I usually remember is the fumble at the end of that game, but Porter sacked or pressured Manning how many times? And he really came up huge at the end of the game.

As a matter of fact, this video was after that game, the week before they went into Denver for the AFCCG and stomped them.

StainlessStill
01-05-2012, 02:12 PM
I don't buy into the "we don't get fired up anymore" thing either. I remember when Bettis first left and then Porter left, my half-brother, who is a HUGE Dallas Cowboys fan and a Steelers-hater, said the Steelers are done since they are losing their inspiration. There "won't be any leadership role in the locker room. Their done." That, and how "Hines Ward was going to get hurt from a season-ending injury" since 2005 as well.

The result? 2 Super Bowls since, 1 Super Bowl victory and another playoff birth as well as Hines breaking every Steelers receiving record, including 12,000 yards and 1,000 catch's!

The Steelers just keep making the haters look uneducated year to year! Keep hating, haters.

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
I think our guys show up every single game. I see a lot of passion and inspired play from Troy, Harrison, Brown, Woodley, Mendenhall, Redman, Ben... you name it. I think I've seen Wallace take plays off from time to time, but I'd take off, too if I had to run a marathon just to pull coverages. Whether the coaches show up (with an appropriate plan) every game is another story.

wera176
01-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Man, that was a fun Super Bowl run that was! One of my favorite of ALL time! I remember it better than the last 2.

I think was from that season too, wasn't it? As someone who lives in Cincy I REALLY enjoyed it! :helmet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeQEjaoAma8

tanda10506
01-05-2012, 06:25 PM
The main thing we are missing this year is fire and intensity. I've seen it maybe once or twice this season, they didn't even get fired up for Baltimore coming to Pittsburgh. I thought last years team had plenty of intensity and 2008 they were definitely playing with heart and intensity, but this year not at all. It might sound dumb, but I feel like I'm more pumped up then they are most of the time.

ETL
01-05-2012, 09:34 PM
who is the guy right now that fires up the team before games?

Is it tomlin? It it hampton? farrior? (Not to be racial but I can't picture one of our caucasian players doing this - Ben? Heath? Legs?)

ricardisimo
01-05-2012, 09:59 PM
I always got the impression that at least since Porter left, that the Steelers left those sorts of antics to the Ravens. Can't remember the last time I saw a Steeler shouting up his teammates.

jjpro11
01-05-2012, 10:03 PM
Since Joey's been gone, so has the inspiration. Thats what ya had to love about the guy. The fire he had.:applaudit:

Porter was my favorite defensive player when he was here.. but what do you think 2008 or even 2010 were? in 2008, we had our best defensive unit since the 1970s. i think they played plenty inspired and played with plenty of fire.

tony hipchest
01-05-2012, 10:11 PM
who is the guy right now that fires up the team before games?

Is it tomlin? It it hampton? farrior? (Not to be racial but I can't picture one of our caucasian players doing this - Ben? Heath? Legs?)actually, i always got the impression that it was aaron smith. now probably keisel.

steelfury02
01-06-2012, 07:28 AM
we don't have white players on our team - they are clear - like Larry Bird lol

I remember after initially watching that after the Colts game, I knew right then and there they would not be denied - they were playing possessed and with fate on their side.

The 08' team was redonkulous on defense - that's what I remember about the XLIII squad. They were very intimidating - just look at our wins over the Ravens alone - I'll never forget the hits on McGahee, Reed - lol and then all the clutch moments and giving our offense a short field. Just splash play after splash play.

nyuknyuk
01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Hey, Porter grew up in Denver. We can shoot him in the butt if we wanna!!

LayingTheWoodley56
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
This idea that we don't get fired up since losing Porter is a joke. It's amazing that we somehow managed to get to two Super Bowls and win one without that emotion, isn't it? Farrior is the emotional leader of this team, and I'm sure everyone brings their own brand of emotion to every game. Our guys don't have to jump up and down and act like morons to get themselves up for these games. We're past that. 12 wins, people, 12 wins! And all that comes from all these threads is negativity and complaints.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2012, 04:11 PM

No, he grew up in California...he played college ball near Denver.

Fire Arians
01-06-2012, 04:22 PM

you guys had 3 rounds to draft him and passed him up, too bad! he's pittsburgh through and through now buddy

tanda10506
01-06-2012, 04:44 PM
This idea that we don't get fired up since losing Porter is a joke. It's amazing that we somehow managed to get to two Super Bowls and win one without that emotion, isn't it? Farrior is the emotional leader of this team, and I'm sure everyone brings their own brand of emotion to every game. Our guys don't have to jump up and down and act like morons to get themselves up for these games. We're past that. 12 wins, people, 12 wins! And all that comes from all these threads is negativity and complaints.

I agree, I don't think we haven't been fired up since Porter, we just haven't been fired up this year. I've seen Keisel get them going on the sidelines before although as you mentioned Farrior is supposed to be the one doing it. As far as you saying we're past that, once we are "passed that" we are done. The players are not past that, something's just different this year, even the players acknowledge that. They don't know what it is or why, but every defensive player that I've seen interviewed has said that things are different and they don't know why.

Whodis
01-06-2012, 04:55 PM
My favorite JP moment was the shit talking about Indy (after they blew us out regular season)

PeRK82
01-06-2012, 05:06 PM
I never understood why the STEELERS let him go, i know he was in for a pay day but everyone knows you keep your best guys. I know what it feels like though, RAVENS lost Bart Scott, i was very pissed about that. It is what it is though.

Whodis
01-06-2012, 05:23 PM
I never understood why the STEELERS let him go, i know he was in for a pay day but everyone knows you keep your best guys. I know what it feels like though, RAVENS lost Bart Scott, i was very pissed about that. It is what it is though.

there was a guy named James Harrison ready to step up

StainlessStill
01-06-2012, 05:25 PM
there was a guy named James Harrison ready to step up

I thought that was quite obvious, haha. Ravens fans:blah::blah::flap:

ETL
01-06-2012, 09:10 PM
actually, i always got the impression that it was aaron smith. now probably keisel.

Keisel ... yea! I could picture him doing this.