PDA

View Full Version : What's BEN doing?

nicesteel4life
06-26-2006, 12:39 AM
I dont know about all you others in the Steeler Nation but I am real curious to what our beloved QB is up to. Havent heard a church mouse speak of him since he showed up at the Steelers Headquarters on June 21st. I wish he would at least release a taped comment or something to US, the Loyal Black N Gold FANS. I wonder if he spoke with Holmes while he was there? Is he writting to the Fans that sent him GOOD WISHES? It's sorta of very calm and hush hush after all the SCARED time is over. We know he can speak. So let us hear something. Arent we all just a little curious?

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-26-2006, 12:42 AM
I'll bet he's not riding a motorcycle....:sofunny:

BengalBrian
06-26-2006, 12:42 AM
Couldnt agree more.. This quietness makes me wonder what is going on

Koopa
06-26-2006, 12:48 AM
he might be a little embarassed of the whole situation which might be one of the reason he hasn't really come out and talked to the public yet. i know i would be, espically since his face got all jacked up

BlacknGold Bleeder
06-26-2006, 12:53 AM
That's probably why nothing has been seen..his face has to be all black-n-blue, and he doesn't feel the need to show it off. I'm shocked there hasn't been a picture out yet. He's lucky he's in the 'burgh doesn't have all the paparazzi floating around.

floodcitygirl
06-26-2006, 01:06 AM
I agree. He's face is probaqbly not looking too pretty right now. Sometimes it takes a couple of months before tooth implants can be finished depending on which teeth need to be done ... :frown:

SteelShooter
06-26-2006, 02:04 AM
Well, I imagine it scared the bejeezus out of him....and even though he can speak, it may not be too comfortable to do so.

I'm going to hold off just a little longer and let him get his head together.

Cipratiug
06-26-2006, 02:27 AM
don't get me wrong. i'm not trash talking ben. i love the steelers and i love what he has done for the team. But i really think that the first thing he should do is apologize to that woman. even though it was her fault. if he'd had his helmet on he would've walked away. and i bet he is taking this time to catch up on lost time with friends and family. prolly scared the heck out of himself...

siss
06-26-2006, 02:30 AM
I really really really hope it did the scare teh bejeezus out of him cause I dont think I will his forgiving if it happens again!

siss
06-26-2006, 02:35 AM
don't get me wrong. i'm not trash talking ben. i love the steelers and i love what he has done for the team. But i really think that the first thing he should do is apologize to that woman. even though it was her fault. if he'd had his helmet on he would've walked away. and i bet he is taking this time to catch up on lost time with friends and family. prolly scared the heck out of himself...
Ben has NO reason to apologize to her she turned in fromt of him. Even if he had been wearing helmet it still would have mess up his face.

HometownGal
06-26-2006, 09:22 AM
Ben is still probably experiencing some pain and difficulty in speaking. Those injuries and the 7-1/2 hour surgery on his jaw and face aren't something to be taken lightly. Remember - this accident happened only a few short weeks ago. I have no doubt at all that he is still receiving some at-home care from visiting nurses and is seeing his doctors on a regular basis, as he was released from the hospital not even 72 hours after the accident (which I thought and still feel was way too soon). Any fracture and/or injury to the face takes a while to heal, and especially in Ben's case, considering the extensive work performed by his surgeons. I also think Ben may want a little privacy while he recovers, which is a normal reaction. Ben's a tough kid and when he is ready to "come out", he will. We all just have to be patient and give him the time and space to do what he feels is best, even though we are all anxious to know his status.

section514
06-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Ben has NO reason to apologize to her she turned in fromt of him. Even if he had been wearing helmet it still would have mess up his face.
not the case if he was wearing a normal crotch rocket helmet, you know the ones like nascar drivers wear....

anyways. leave him alone, give him some breathing room to heal up and get better. I think he is doing fine.

RoethlisBURGHer
06-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Ben has no reason whatsoever to apologize to the woman who pulled out in front of him.If she had been paying better attention we wouldn't even be talking about this.If anyone owns anyone an apology,she ows Ben one.

DIESELMAN
06-26-2006, 10:53 AM
Hopefully he's already had his little talk with himself....It should of went something like this....."Damn Ben!! What are you doing? I won't be talented the rest of my life so let me get my head out of my ass and play some football and bring plenty more Super Bowl championships to the great city of Pittsburgh. I got plenty of time after I retire to ride a bike all I want. You got it? Good...Lets go play some Steelers football!!!"

Big D
06-26-2006, 11:02 AM
i'm not surprised at all we havent heard from him. It's probably difficult for him to talk yet. And his face is still probably pretty jacked up

MyCuz64Furness
06-26-2006, 11:15 AM
I'm curious to see how banged up his face is.....I'm sure he won't be doing any video interviews til he has more time to heal......what do they say No news is Good news:smile:

BlackNGold203
06-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Patience people.....

I actually think its good we havent heard anything....he stopped by the facility to pick up some stuff he needs...hes got a very grounded family to lean on...he's in great hands....Let's let the guy do what he's gotta do...

83-Steelers-43
06-26-2006, 11:32 AM
Patience people.....

I actually think its good we havent heard anything....he stopped by the facility to pick up some stuff he needs...hes got a very grounded family to lean on...he's in great hands....Let's let the guy do what he's gotta do...

My sentiments exactly. The guy was just in a motorcyle accident. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is talk to the media in order to please others.

clevestinks
06-26-2006, 12:34 PM
I'll bet he's not riding a motorcycle....:sofunny:
I wouldnt touch that bet

SteelerFanInCA
06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Agreed. Ben should not and does not have any reason to apologize to her. The lady failed to yield to oncoming traffic.

I think Ben is just taking it easy and recovering a bit. He will come around when the time is right. We just need to be a little patient with this.

LuckyNumber7
06-26-2006, 03:23 PM
I dont know about all you others in the Steeler Nation but I am real curious to what our beloved QB is up to. Havent heard a church mouse speak of him since he showed up at the Steelers Headquarters on June 21st. I wish he would at least release a taped comment or something to US, the Loyal Black N Gold FANS. I wonder if he spoke with Holmes while he was there? Is he writting to the Fans that sent him GOOD WISHES? It's sorta of very calm and hush hush after all the SCARED time is over. We know he can speak. So let us hear something. Arent we all just a little curious?

I agree, I would like to hear something from him in person. But I can understand why he might not be ready to do that yet. He is still in the process of recovering, its not like he's all fine and dandy now. He's probably still really banged up and he is not ready for everyone to see him until he feels he has fully recovered. But yes, I would like to hear some more about how he is doing and what he is doing.

*LN7*

Cipratiug
07-24-2006, 03:58 PM
it's been a while since i last posted. But i came by today to chech out this post. I didn't mean anything disrespectful to Ben. What i meant by that is the fact that if had his helmet on, he would've walked away. The lady got threatening phone calls in the days after accident. Things like that happen. Maybe that was just a warning to him from some higher power. He shouldn't appologize for the accident, he should however say something to fans about calling her. That is uncalled for.

SteelerFanInCA
07-24-2006, 04:05 PM
I agree. He's face is probaqbly not looking too pretty right now. Sometimes it takes a couple of months before tooth implants can be finished depending on which teeth need to be done ... :frown:
His face doesn't look all that bad in this video. It looks like this interview was just a few days ago.

http://kdka.com/video/?id=18360@kdka.dayport.com

SteelerFanInCA
07-24-2006, 04:10 PM
Ben just sounds a little funny in the video but looks good. Probably because of all the dental work that was done. I'm sure with time that will get back to normal.

Ambridge
07-24-2006, 05:14 PM
There was an article in yesterdays Washington Post that Ben and Bill Cowher were in DC this past Friday so Ben could receive the NFL QB of the Year Award given to him by the National QB Club.

The reporter said that Ben would only allow pictures of himself taken from the front and to his right because he still has a large scar on the left side of his head and that he would not discuss the accident.