PDA

View Full Version : I hardly ever agree with anything Terrell Suggs has to say, except this.

Fire Arians
01-05-2012, 11:56 AM
funny read I thought.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825bb0b5/article/suggs-god-had-to-save-tim-tebow-and-the-denver-broncos?module=HP11_headline_stack

Suggs: 'God had to save Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos'

If there's a crowded P.O. Box in Denver where citizens apply for entry into the Tim Tebow Fan Club, they're still waiting on paperwork from Terrell Suggs.

And they'll keep on waiting, because the Ravens star linebacker -- never afraid to speak his opinion -- isn't buying the Tebow hype. Not during the Broncos' 7-1 midseason streak, and not as Denver (8-8) walked through the backdoor to grab the AFC West title.

"There's getting it done and there's not getting it done," Suggs said this week on ESPN First Take. "Once again, God had to save Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos. Like I said, they didn't win (against the Raiders). It's simple -- you win, you're division champs. He couldn't even give them two drives. They lost, 7-3. Two drives gives them 9-7."

Denver still won the West, but for Suggs, whose Ravens hold the No. 2 seed in the AFC playoffs, there's a stark difference between how Baltimore and Denver (at least Tebow) go about their business.

"With all due respect, we don't pray on the sideline," Suggs said. "I mean we do -- we give it up to God (just for) safety and health, but we're gonna go out there and win that game. We don't need our kicker to make a 62-yarder. I'm just saying. We don't need guys to fall out of bounds and then we get to punt it back ... we don't need stuff like that to happen for us."

Suggs made it crystal clear he'd choose his quarterback, Joe Flacco, over anything Tebow brings to the table.

"Our quarterback knows how to go out and win games. When our quarterback prays, he be like, 'You know what, God, you know what, you sit on your couch and enjoy this. Thank you for blessing me and letting me wake up to play this game. I'm gonna impress you.' "

In Suggs' mind, the Ravens have done it on their own power, while Tebow and the Broncos have required help from above. Certainly big -- and possibly theologically spotty -- words from the man who calls himself "Sizzle" and recently opened a T-shirt line to celebrate a university that doesn't exist.

Dino 6 Rings
01-05-2012, 12:08 PM
already posted in NFL Talk...just saying.

gloydfan
01-05-2012, 12:34 PM
To hell with anything Suggs has to say...

plenewken
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Who cares what this neanderthal has to say?

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-05-2012, 12:54 PM
The sad thing is that Suggs himself will be praying for Tebow to win this week.

FanSince72
01-05-2012, 01:02 PM
I agree with Suggs in that I'd rather have Flacco than Tebow in terms of talent and that "making" a win is different than "getting" a win because of a mistake or dumb luck.

But the one thing that's still true is that Denver is in the playoffs.

Whether or not (from a talent perspective) they deserve to be is debatable.
But if they believe that Tebow's presence or his spirituality has something to do with their success then that's something that really exists. If a person wins at something and they say that they won because they carry a rabbit's foot or a picture of their grandmother with them, who's to say that either of those things didn't have anything to do with their success?

If a rabbit's foot (or a spiritual quarterback) makes you feel confident and that confidence makes you play better, that's just as valid as any "skill" you may have.

plenewken
01-05-2012, 01:23 PM
If a rabbit's foot (or a spiritual quarterback) makes you feel confident and that confidence makes you play better, that's just as valid as any "skill" you may have.

If this is true, we should fire Arians and hire the Pope. :rofl:

harrison'samonster
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
If this is true, we should fire Arians and hire the Pope. :rofl:

it is true though! It's confidence or a frame of mind. It's a way of life. The same thing with Christian thinking. Everything by the Grace of God. Give all the glory to God.

It's all in the bible. If Tebow wants to believe that his winning is because of God, that's great and fantastic. However, if Bronco fans want to say that God wants them to win and will give them victory all the time, that's highly debatable.

Nobody has to believe Tebow or follow his faith. However, if a person like Tebow (or any religious athlete) goes onto the field with strong faith that God is with him, that's power in the mind.

FanSince72
01-05-2012, 02:10 PM
it is true though! It's confidence or a frame of mind. It's a way of life. The same thing with Christian thinking. Everything by the Grace of God. Give all the glory to God.

It's all in the bible. If Tebow wants to believe that his winning is because of God, that's great and fantastic. However, if Bronco fans want to say that God wants them to win and will give them victory all the time, that's highly debatable.

Nobody has to believe Tebow or follow his faith. However, if a person like Tebow (or any religious athlete) goes onto the field with strong faith that God is with him, that's power in the mind.

That's exactly right!

It doesn't even have to have anything to do with religion at all - it has to do with faith.

If a person has a lucky doorknob in their locker and they believe that that doorknob allows them to draw upon talent they have somewhere deep inside them, then that doorknob is just as powerful as any god or religion.

smheart78
01-05-2012, 04:26 PM
This has everything to do with Suggs trying to fire up Tebow and the Broncos as a firestarter for their next game against the Steelers. As previously mentioned, Tuggs wants Denver to win so they won't have to face us.:helmet:

tanda10506
01-05-2012, 04:31 PM
"With all due respect, we don't pray on the sideline," Suggs said. "I mean we do -- we give it up to God (just for) safety and health, but we're gonna go out there and win that game. We don't need our kicker to make a 62-yarder. I'm just saying. We don't need guys to fall out of bounds and then we get to punt it back ... we don't need stuff like that to happen for us."

Maybe if it did they could have beat the bottom feeding Seadawgs.

RatbirdExtreme
01-05-2012, 08:57 PM
This has everything to do with Suggs trying to fire up Tebow and the Broncos as a firestarter for their next game against the Steelers. As previously mentioned, Tuggs wants Denver to win so they won't have to face us.:helmet:

Nah, the most popular scenario down here in Ballmer is to have the Steelers beat NE and face us at home in the AFCCG:wave:. Thats what most of us want down here.

ETL
01-05-2012, 09:24 PM
say what you want about Suggs - he's ugly ... he's stupid ... he's talkative ...

He's played lights out this year and I wouldn't be surprised if he won Defensive MVP

LVSteelersfan
01-05-2012, 10:16 PM
The Steelers are the devil. Tebow is God's messenger. That is what people want to think. We have the rapist. They have the saint. (don't think for a minute that I actually believe that) Unfortunately for Tebow in our Earthly life, the devil usually wins. I have nothing against religion but Teblow is not going to march the Donkeys into the promised land. This weekend will be the end of Tebow as he proves once again he is nothing but a joke. The last three weeks should have proved that. If he is lucky, he won't get broken in half on Sunday. Polomolu will be doing his prayers after every Tebow INT and sack.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-06-2012, 12:25 AM
However, if a person like Tebow (or any religious athlete) goes onto the field with strong faith that God is with him, that's power in the mind.

a.k.a. PLACEBO EFFECT

They have also cured cancer with sugar tablets too, while telling the patient it was some revolutionary new treatment.

Tebow and his congregation can continue thinking he won games for them due to some divine intervention or miracle "it" factor, but it is no more accurate than the cancer patient above. Tebow is abyssmal as an NFL QB. The main reason he won those games was the level of competition (or lack thereof) and his defense. A 40% comletion percentage and 60 yards per game is not going to take you far as an NFL QB. matter of factly, none of us would hold our current job titles if we were only able to do our jobs less than 70% of the time.

I am looking forward to not having to hear about Tim Tebow and his miraculous victories over 0-7 teams with a 40% completion percentage after Sunday.

Riddle_Of_Steel
01-06-2012, 12:38 AM
Nah, the most popular scenario down here in Ballmer is to have the Steelers beat NE and face us at home in the AFCCG:wave:. Thats what most of us want down here.

But I bet you, that is NOT what your team wants. I sure as hell know that isn't what Joe Sacko wants.....he probably still has sweaty nightmares at night with a huge #56 and #92 coming at him....

I wonder how many times Harbaugh made him watch the replay of Polamalu stripping your 2010 Superbowl hopes out of Sacko's hands on the last play of the 2010 AFCC to get them ready for this season?

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

PeRK82
01-06-2012, 02:21 AM
But I bet you, that is NOT what your team wants. I sure as hell know that isn't what Joe Sacko wants.....he probably still has sweaty nightmares at night with a huge #56 and #92 coming at him....

I wonder how many times Harbaugh made him watch the replay of Polamalu stripping your 2010 Superbowl hopes out of Sacko's hands on the last play of the 2010 AFCC to get them ready for this season?

Like usual, living in the passed, Wasn't a problem this yr was it. I dont know why this might be hard for you to believe but the RAVENS and Fans arent scared of playing the Steelers, especially at the Bank.

gostillerz
01-06-2012, 02:44 AM
Tebow will get POLAMALUED this Sunday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012272-troy-polamalu-could-elevate-tim-tebow-god-talk-for-steelers-vs-broncos

Bayz101
01-06-2012, 03:32 AM
I recall a differently worded representation of Suggs thoughts on god and Tebow, and they weren't nearly as nicely put as this.

Bayz101
01-06-2012, 03:33 AM
Tebow will get POLAMALUED this Sunday.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1012272-troy-polamalu-could-elevate-tim-tebow-god-talk-for-steelers-vs-broncos

Funny considering Polamalu was voted #2 on a list of Christian football players, behind Tebow.

whitty hutton
01-06-2012, 09:21 AM

That's funny, it doesnt seem to me that Flacco had any problems with any of those guys in the 2 W's since that ancient history. Were they even playing? Where was the hairball's big bad play when Flacco drove 92 yards in his house?

Sixburgher
01-06-2012, 09:36 AM
Looks like booby jr is back again.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2012, 09:45 AM
Looks like booby jr is back again.

Well, unless he used a proxy server (not sure), I don't think it's him.

It does bear mentioning though that the name in the email address he used is mrbuttjuice. So take that however you want. :chuckle:

whitty hutton
01-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I dont know who this booby jr is, but i am a Ravens fan that decided to chime in for a little bit

SteelCurtainCall
01-06-2012, 10:10 AM
I don't ever recall hearing Tebow saying he wanted to thank God for the win he gave them; it's always been "I'd like to thank God for the opportunity to play with this group of guys". I respect Sugg's playing ability, but he's just another T.O. to me; the years pass quickly, and there comes a time when your big mouth writes checks your butt can't cash. Unfortunately for guys like Owens, and Suggs; they keep running their mouths, because that's who they are, and they begin to look like fools. Obviously Pittsburgh can't win it all every year, but Suggs runs that big mouth every year like clockwork, and so far in the playoffs, him and his big mouth get back on the plane, and fly back to Baltimore to clean out his locker for the year. Maybe Baltimore wins another SB during the Suggs era, and maybe they don't. Just keep your mouth shut Suggs, and let the digits tell the story.
John Sr.

SteelCityMom
01-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I dont know who this booby jr is, but i am a Ravens fan that decided to chime in for a little bit

http://www.virtualwolf.org/images/ars/owls/orlmente.jpg

TRH
01-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Doesn't bother me what Suggs said. Its actually true. He was just talking a little smack, no big deal.
C'mon. You all know, even though we hate him now, he's be a great fit in black and gold.

Bayz101
01-06-2012, 06:14 PM
Well, unless he used a proxy server (not sure), I don't think it's him.

It does bear mentioning though that the name in the email address he used is mrbuttjuice. So take that however you want. :chuckle:

LMFAO! That should keep him quiet for a while.

RatbirdExtreme
01-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Doesn't bother me what Suggs said. Its actually true. He was just talking a little smack, no big deal.
C'mon. You all know, even though we hate him now, he's be a great fit in black and gold.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up, except for that last sentence which I certainly disagree strongly with heh. Sizzle is one of those players you love when hes on your team, and everyone else absolutely loathes him. Sort of a mouthier version of Hines Ward. Just to give you an idea........most of you probably dont remember the hit Jared Johnson put on Hines earlier in the season. Trust me, Ravens fans remember. Within 60 seconds of that play, I got EIGHT texts, all saying the same thing with slightly different wording. "NOT SMILING NOW, IS HE?". So , yeah, I can see how he might not be all that popular outside Baltimore. I wish he had said somethings a little differently regarding Tebow, but Skip brings out the best/worst in him

harrison'samonster
01-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Yep, that pretty much sums it up, except for that last sentence which I certainly disagree strongly with heh. Sizzle is one of those players you love when hes on your team, and everyone else absolutely loathes him. Sort of a mouthier version of Hines Ward. Just to give you an idea........most of you probably dont remember the hit Jared Johnson put on Hines earlier in the season. Trust me, Ravens fans remember. Within 60 seconds of that play, I got EIGHT texts, all saying the same thing with slightly different wording. "NOT SMILING NOW, IS HE?". So , yeah, I can see how he might not be all that popular outside Baltimore. I wish he had said somethings a little differently regarding Tebow, but Skip brings out the best/worst in him

Yeah, I don't mind what Suggs says. Players are always talking trash and it's part of the game. These players tend to be disliked by other teams fans and all, but it really doesn't matter. It's like with Ward, I can't imagine somebody not liking him. I mean c'mon, the dudes always smiling! These guys play the game like it's suppose to be played and the rivalries are so much better off with these people on both sides.

fer522
01-06-2012, 10:44 PM
right or not i hate his ass

60_MINUTES
01-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Hello to everyone... I have been around for a long time and I just like all of you love the Steelers.. Just now starting to post here. Had been over at another site for quite a few years but the board is just not as good as it use to be... Anyway had some good friends tell me to come this way so here I am.. lets get the Playoffs rolling baby.... As far as the Suggs thing... he is a thug.. he would never look good in the Black N Gold uniform period.. All he is doing is praying himslef.. he is Praying that what he says fires up Tebow cause he wants no part of our steelers in the playoffs... We own them and he knows it.. Injured or not we win playoff games.. This is not the regular season its real now.. Dont get me wrong I want Tebow to go down and down hard this weekend.. but the kid is a good kid a role model and someone that has given back his whole life... Suggs is a thug plain and simple.. give him time and he will be wearing his new colors after football,,, Orange he and Ray Ray can sit in the cell and bad mouth GOD together... One last thing Question " Lamrr do you think Joe Flacco will ever win a superbowl? Answer.. " No because he has to beat Pittsburgh to do that "

60_MINUTES
01-06-2012, 10:58 PM

Really?? you would want his thug ass after all the things he has said about the steelers... Sorry man there are just some places you draw the line... I wouldnt want any Raven Period.. I would give anything to see his bone sticking up out of his leg like a tee pee. Him and Ray Ray and the rest of the murdering crew can stay over there with the rest of the trash... Rooneys dont like trash like that.. Never has been our way never will be.. Ravens enjoy your short stay in the playoffs.. see you next week.. T Suggs and Ray Ray will cry all night in the locker room.. Im sure it will be someones fault they got beat.. it always is someone other than them in their post game comments

cubanstogie
01-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Hello to everyone... I have been around for a long time and I just like all of you love the Steelers.. Just now starting to post here. Had been over at another site for quite a few years but the board is just not as good as it use to be... Anyway had some good friends tell me to come this way so here I am.. lets get the Playoffs rolling baby.... As far as the Suggs thing... he is a thug.. he would never look good in the Black N Gold uniform period.. All he is doing is praying himslef.. he is Praying that what he says fires up Tebow cause he wants no part of our steelers in the playoffs... We own them and he knows it.. Injured or not we win playoff games.. This is not the regular season its real now.. Dont get me wrong I want Tebow to go down and down hard this weekend.. but the kid is a good kid a role model and someone that has given back his whole life... Suggs is a thug plain and simple.. give him time and he will be wearing his new colors after football,,, Orange he and Ray Ray can sit in the cell and bad mouth GOD together... One last thing Question " Lamrr do you think Joe Flacco will ever win a superbowl? Answer.. " No because he has to beat Pittsburgh to do that "

good first post. Say what you want about Tebow being an NFL QB, but like you said as a person he is a class act and winner. The Broncos suck, especially in the beginning of the year and wanted Tebow to be the savior. In some ways he was but it will end this weekend. I truly thought he would make it in the NFL as a TE. No matter if he makes it as a QB, which I doubt, he will be a successful person and a leader. Suggs' money will run out and he will probably commit armed robbery or sell Meth. I would love to see Tebow be successful but starting next year.

60_MINUTES
01-06-2012, 11:11 PM
good first post. Say what you want about Tebow being an NFL QB, but like you said as a person he is a class act and winner. The Broncos suck, especially in the beginning of the year and wanted Tebow to be the savior. In some ways he was but it will end this weekend. I truly thought he would make it in the NFL as a TE. No matter if he makes it as a QB, which I doubt, he will be a successful person and a leader. Suggs' money will run out and he will probably commit armed robbery or sell Meth. I would love to see Tebow be successful but starting next year.

Yep that is exactly how I feel... I wished we didnt have to play the guy.. but oh well he has to go down but I do hope he does well next year.. How can anyone wish bad things on a guy that is such a class act... Your right say what you want to about him as a player but only a retard soon to be jail bird like suggs would say things about him as a person... Troy P and Tebow are two of the best young men I ever saw put on a pair of pads as far as type of young men they are... Anyway like you said he has got to go down this weekend.. Then on to I hope Baltimore.. Love to see cinci win two games and us do the same and host the bengals for the champ game.. its a long shot but one worth hoping for :tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
01-06-2012, 11:20 PM
I would give anything to see his bone sticking up out of his leg like a tee pee.

i know its early in the running, but we may have a favorite for the Steelersfever 2012 Quote of the Year Award. :chuckle:

suggs is doin what suggs always does, which is everytime he opens his mouth, makes himself look like a bigger asshole.

how long has he been with lewis, ngata, and reed, and still not won jack shit?

he's just like a fatter, more foul mouthed, and more atheletically gifted version of his old defensive coordinator.

infact, if him and ray lewis were white, i would swear that they were rex ryans other twin brothers. :laughing:

60_MINUTES
01-06-2012, 11:25 PM
i know its early in the running, but we may have a favorite for the Steelersfever 2012 Quote of the Year Award. :chuckle:

suggs is doin what suggs always does, which is everytime he opens his mouth, makes himself look like a bigger asshole.

how long has he been with lewis, ngata, and reed, and still not won jack shit?

he's just like a fatter, more foul mouthed, and more atheletically gifted version of his old defensive coordinator.

infact, if him and ray lewis were white, i would swear that they were rex ryans other twin brothers. :laughing:

Thank you for the quote of the year comment... it come direct from my heart.; by the way your quote in bold should be in the running for yalls quote of the year as well... lol I believe you hit the nail on the head

60_MINUTES
01-06-2012, 11:29 PM
Im going to bed before I end up putting a comment on every thread.. yall will get tired of me before I even get started lol... Good to be here and find the board... I look forward to bitching, crying, cheering, etc... with the rest of you...Here we go Steelers baby... I love the playoffs

jsteleplayer
01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
First time poster here, Raven's fan as well. Somehow I stumbled on this board and have enjoyed reading it past few weeks. You guys are passionate fans! But after reading some recent posts I had to speak my mind. Realize I may get banned or get flamed and that's ok.

First off, I love this rivalry and no matter what you say, it is a rivalry. In past decade, a time when both teams have been good at the same time, we are the only team that beats you almost as much as you beat us. That being said, you absolutely do own us in the playoffs!! And I for one used to be nervous about facing you in the playoffs, you always had our number. However I do feel this year is different and things have shifted somewhat. I am hoping we get to face the Steelers in our stadium.

Secondly, I see so much talk about how the Raven's fans are trash, Baltimore is a trash city, everyone there is scum ect. While I agree that sections of Baltimore are horrible with a high crime rate ect, the counties and suburbs around it where much of the fan base comes from is actually very different. I live about 30 minutes from Baltimore and we have some of the top schools in the nation, the people are nice, it is relatively affluent and all around a great place to live! And that goes for pretty much all the areas surrounding baltimore with a few exceptions. I really see a lot of stereotyping going on here and I realize a lot of it just comes from good natured trash talking, but some of it crosses the line and is bordering on ignorance.

Last, and this is directed at 60 minutes. Most of your posts are in fact ignorant. To sit there and say you would never take Suggs on your team is laughable. If he and Ray Lewis were drafted by and lifelong Steelers, you would love it!! You say Suggs is a thug? Everyone who I know who has met him has said he is a fun loving jovial guy who laughs a lot and is fun to be around. I don't know if down the line he may get into trouble and be classified as a true thug but when I look at James Harrison punching an opponent who is down on his hands in knees in the back, that is what I call a thug. That being said, I would take him or Troy on my team in a heartbeat. Sure Suggs talks too much and is too flashy. Doesn't make him a criminal and a thug. And remember if he were a Steeler, "all those things he has said" would be about the Ravens. And not taking Ray Lewis? Please. You wouldn't take the guy who will probably go down as a top 3 middle linebacker to ever play the game? You don't realize that all your feelings about these guys would be totally different if they always wore black and gold. If Harrison was a lifetime Raven you would say THE SAME stuff about him based on his actions! And to say Rooney wouldn't have those players on their team because that isn't the Steeler way of doing things? Two words. Ben Roethlisberger. People love to classify other teams as full of criminals but I watch ESPN and see the "police blotter." Every team in the NFL drafts from the same pool and for the most part goes for talent before character. See, you posts are so full of contradictions it's amazing. Like the one where you say you hope to see a bone sticking out of Suggs leg yet the Ratbirds fans are the ignorant one's. I would never wish that on a player!!

Look I love the Raven's, I love to hate the Steelers. I LOVE the rivalry and so look forward to when they play. Just thought some of the comments crossed the line and wanted to speak my mind. So if is the last post I get to put on here, it's been fun! See ya!

Curtain_of_Steel
01-07-2012, 08:40 AM
So he would choose Flacco over Tebow. Wow thats a positive statment to make. Any other qb's you would take flacco over?lol

What a ringing endorsement of his own QB, lol

fer522
01-07-2012, 12:20 PM
First time poster here, Raven's fan as well. Somehow I stumbled on this board and have enjoyed reading it past few weeks. You guys are passionate fans! But after reading some recent posts I had to speak my mind. Realize I may get banned or get flamed and that's ok.

First off, I love this rivalry and no matter what you say, it is a rivalry. In past decade, a time when both teams have been good at the same time, we are the only team that beats you almost as much as you beat us. That being said, you absolutely do own us in the playoffs!! And I for one used to be nervous about facing you in the playoffs, you always had our number. However I do feel this year is different and things have shifted somewhat. I am hoping we get to face the Steelers in our stadium.

Secondly, I see so much talk about how the Raven's fans are trash, Baltimore is a trash city, everyone there is scum ect. While I agree that sections of Baltimore are horrible with a high crime rate ect, the counties and suburbs around it where much of the fan base comes from is actually very different. I live about 30 minutes from Baltimore and we have some of the top schools in the nation, the people are nice, it is relatively affluent and all around a great place to live! And that goes for pretty much all the areas surrounding baltimore with a few exceptions. I really see a lot of stereotyping going on here and I realize a lot of it just comes from good natured trash talking, but some of it crosses the line and is bordering on ignorance.

Last, and this is directed at 60 minutes. Most of your posts are in fact ignorant. To sit there and say you would never take Suggs on your team is laughable. If he and Ray Lewis were drafted by and lifelong Steelers, you would love it!! You say Suggs is a thug? Everyone who I know who has met him has said he is a fun loving jovial guy who laughs a lot and is fun to be around. I don't know if down the line he may get into trouble and be classified as a true thug but when I look at James Harrison punching an opponent who is down on his hands in knees in the back, that is what I call a thug. That being said, I would take him or Troy on my team in a heartbeat. Sure Suggs talks too much and is too flashy. Doesn't make him a criminal and a thug. And remember if he were a Steeler, "all those things he has said" would be about the Ravens. And not taking Ray Lewis? Please. You wouldn't take the guy who will probably go down as a top 3 middle linebacker to ever play the game? You don't realize that all your feelings about these guys would be totally different if they always wore black and gold. If Harrison was a lifetime Raven you would say THE SAME stuff about him based on his actions! And to say Rooney wouldn't have those players on their team because that isn't the Steeler way of doing things? Two words. Ben Roethlisberger. People love to classify other teams as full of criminals but I watch ESPN and see the "police blotter." Every team in the NFL drafts from the same pool and for the most part goes for talent before character. See, you posts are so full of contradictions it's amazing. Like the one where you say you hope to see a bone sticking out of Suggs leg yet the Ratbirds fans are the ignorant one's. I would never wish that on a player!!

Look I love the Raven's, I love to hate the Steelers. I LOVE the rivalry and so look forward to when they play. Just thought some of the comments crossed the line and wanted to speak my mind. So if is the last post I get to put on here, it's been fun! See ya!

i'm not gonna be no hypocrite i hate Ray And I HATE Suggs but i'd take them in a heartbeat
:tt03:

tony hipchest
01-07-2012, 12:54 PM

And not taking Ray Lewis? Please. You wouldn't take the guy who will probably go down as a top 3 middle linebacker to ever play the game?

Look I love the Raven's, I love to hate the Steelers. I LOVE the rivalry and so look forward to when they play. Just thought some of the comments crossed the line and wanted to speak my mind. So if is the last post I get to put on here, it's been fun! See ya!welcome. your post is fine, certainly nothing to get banned for. we easilly accept opponents fans here especially if they are cognizant of keeping it fairly civil as you were and posting thoughts in the correct forum. i doubt you will even get flamed.

with that being said, i dont even thnk ray lewis is a top 3 linebacker in the past decade. sure he TALKS a big game and the (THUG U) mediots who slobber all over his jackassery buy into it and talk him up as well, but fact of the matter is, ray has supposedly been surrounded with supposedly other great defenses and cant do jack shit with it. their sole SB appearance has been proven to be a fluke.

i would take james farrior, london fletcher, brian urlacher, derrick brooks over him any day.

though i dont have enough body of work to go on, i'd most likely take patric willis over him as well.

jsteleplayer
01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Cool I'm still here! Tony, you know it is interesting, I have.always loved Ray for what he brings to the Ravens. But it wasnt until I saw a special on espn ranking the top linebackers of all time that I did a google search on that subject. Pretty much every list I could find, and I looked at a lot, had Ray in the top 3. The other two ususually being LT and Dick Butkis. Some of them also listed all their pro bowl, all pro awards, defensive mvps ect. When u compare his body of work against other great lbs, its pretty hard to argue with his placing. The lists were usually compiled by sports analyists and experts as well, not by fans who will of course be swayed by their home team. :) Whatever your feelings though I think we can both agree that Pittsburgh and Baltimore both have arguably the best, nastiest linebackers in the nfl year after year!

jsteleplayer
01-07-2012, 01:23 PM
oh and plus one to Patrick Willis! He is a beast!

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 10:46 AM

I don't see anyone trashing Polamalu for making the sign of the cross on the field.

A little hypocrisy, perhaps?

finesward
01-08-2012, 11:01 AM
I don't see anyone trashing Polamalu for making the sign of the cross on the field.

Last I checked polamalu didn't do a pro-life abortion commercial during the super bowl. Theres being spiritual (polamalu) and theres being obnoxious (tebow)

SteelCityMom
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM

Nobody says anything about what Troy does because he is not posing for cameras and pretending it is to praise god.

60_MINUTES
01-08-2012, 11:58 PM
oh and plus one to Patrick Willis! He is a beast!

We agree on this.. As far as your response to me.. I guess I wasnt very clear.. I would not take them now that they have played for the ravens and said the retarded cry baby shit they have about the steelers and our mgm, fans and city.. Coming out of college of course if we would have drafted them I would have cheered them on.. but at this point I wouldnt take either one of them Suggs or Ray Ray if you paid me.. Good luck with the texans I hope they kill your ass and Ray Ray has a Joe Theisman injury... suggs to

RavensD
01-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Good luck with the texans I hope they kill your ass and Ray Ray has a Joe Theisman injury... suggs to

Classy ... :tt02:

60_MINUTES
01-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Classy ... :tt02:

thats my middle name

i82much
01-09-2012, 10:22 AM

Wow. You know, sometimes in life it's better to be in control of your feelings a little bit. Just sayin' :thmbup:

whitty hutton
01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
LMFAO! That should keep him quiet for a while.

How so?

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 10:44 AM
How so?

Well, you don't have to be quiet I suppose...mrbuttjuice.

whitty hutton
01-09-2012, 10:44 AM
Good luck with the texans I hope they kill your ass and Ray Ray has a Joe Theisman injury... suggs to

http://troll.me/images/xzibit-yo-dawg/yo-dawg-i-herd-u-mad-u-mad.jpg

i82much
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM

Hah! Sorry ('m a ravens fan) but that's just funny. I guess if you pick mrbuttjuice as your name you may as well expect to be called that.

Surf-Bat
02-01-2012, 03:25 AM
But it wasnt until I saw a special on espn ranking the top linebackers of all time that I did a google search on that subject. Pretty much every list I could find, and I looked at a lot, had Ray in the top 3. The other two ususually being LT and Dick Butkis. Some of them also listed all their pro bowl, all pro awards, defensive mvps ect. When u compare his body of work against other great lbs, its pretty hard to argue with his placing. The lists were usually compiled by sports analyists and experts as well, not by fans who will of course be swayed by their home team.!

A lot of that has to do with those sports analysts and experts having extremely short memories as well as the influence of ESPN. Just about every tackle or hit Ray Lewis makes in every game gets played on ESPN over and over and over again and has been for over a decade. It can't be argued that this sort of oversaturation has had an effect on Lewis' legacy. Great linebackers like Chuck Bednarik, Joe Schmidt, Bill George, Tommy Nobis, Willie Lanier, etc. did not have the benefit of ESPN highlighting their every great hit and having it endlessly expounded upon and praised to the high heavens by countless "experts" and analysts back in the day. There were limited media outlets and far fewer people scrutinizing what they did.

Ray Lewis is a great linebacker, no doubt. Top 3?? Don't bet on it.

The only Raven I think would make a worthy Steeler would be Haloti Ngata. He plays like a Steeler and is on the wrong squad. Lewis has too much of that classless, trashy Miami Hurricane DNA all over him. I wouldn't want any Miami Hurricane polluting the Steelers roster, not even a great one like Lewis. Hurricanes taint every team they are on, IMO. Can't stand any of them.

Bayz101
02-01-2012, 03:31 AM

LMFAO! It really is MrButtJuice :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Twentyvalve
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Didn't Suggs get into trouble for pouring bleach on one of his girlfriends?