PDA

View Full Version : Ben's mobility

tanda10506
01-05-2012, 05:45 PM
Ben has made some of his greatest plays on the run and he's known for it. No doubt he's the best at getting out of the pocket and making something happen, weather he has to shove off a LB or not. With his ankle the way it is most of that mobility is gone, he looked a little more mobile last week, but since the re "tweaking" he's probably going to be close to the mobility he had against the Niners, which is none. That said, one of the best games I've seen Ben play was against the Pats, where he rarely left the pocket. The Tennessee game was real similar. So if some of his better performances come from when we run quicker routes and Ben stays as a pocket passer and releases the ball on time, much like in New England and Tennessee, then why did we struggle to move the ball so much in the 2 games he's played in since the injury? It's pretty ridiculous really, and it's a big hold back to the team, to continue to ignore the fact that he's injured and keep playing the same style of ball. I'd like to see us go to quick passing, at least to open things up, against all teams regardless of Ben's health. So after seeing Ben cut up the Titans and Pats with quick pocket style passing, and knowing that Ben is hurt now and couldn't make mobility based plays anyway, isn't it real simple, elementary if you will, to call the same quick, pocket based, style of passing that we used against the pats, while Ben is hurt? WTF!!:banging::banging:

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 05:48 PM
Even with quick outs, with a bum ankle he wont be able to lean into his throws. Thats been the whole problem since he's been hurt.

FanSince72
01-05-2012, 05:51 PM
One more time...

Charlie Batch should be able to handle Denver.
Let's play Charlie instead of Ben and let Ben rest for the Ravens.

Charlie on good wheels is better than Ben on crutches.

tanda10506
01-05-2012, 05:54 PM
One more time...

I'm leaning this way. It's just hard, no matter how hurt he is, to play a 2nd string QB in the playoffs when you are already missing key players at other positions. I hope Batch is practicing often with the first team, when he came in against Cleveland he looked like garbage because he hadn't practiced with the team that was on the field. He got plenty of practice before the Rams game and played very well.

casteeler
01-05-2012, 05:55 PM
One more time...

Agreed, if Ben plays like he played during the SF game Batch is a good option

Bayz101
01-05-2012, 08:40 PM
Agreed, if Ben plays like he played during the SF game Batch is a good option

He had some hot streaks in the Browns game, just not completely consistent. That's what you expect out of an injured ankle, not to mention knocking off rust after a week's rest. If he didn't tweak his ankle last week, he should play well on Sunday.

stb_steeler
01-05-2012, 08:55 PM
One more time...

Might wanna email Tomlin to let him know....:wink02:

TroyP43
01-05-2012, 09:04 PM
Ben will play. To think that Batch will start this game is absurd. As much as everyone wants the best for Ben, if he wouldn't sit out the 49ers or Browns game then he sure as heck will not sit this game out.

He is a pure stud in the playoffs and I think he finds a way to surprise many of the negative nancies here on this board.

cubanstogie
01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Ben will play. To think that Batch will start this game is absurd. As much as everyone wants the best for Ben, if he wouldn't sit out the 49ers or Browns game then he sure as heck will not sit this game out.

He is a pure stud in the playoffs and I think he finds a way to surprise many of the negative nancies here on this board.

I agree, its do or die. The Steelers coaching staff and players aren't preparing for an 8-8 team with a one dimensional QB who have lost 3 straight. They are preparing for a playoff team who won a division. You can't look ahead for a game in 2 weeks that might not even happen. Ben is payed the big bucks to play and if he has to do it on one leg thats what will happen. I am not saying they shouldn't change the game plan accordingly, but starting a 37 year old career second stringer is not the option here. Especially since the number 1 back is out. Back up QB and 2nd RB with our o line spells a loss. I don't care how good our D is.

tanda10506
01-05-2012, 09:52 PM

This is true and it wouldn't surprise me at all, but he needs some help from Arians, long bombs and slow developing plays all day will get him hurt worse then he is.

Kanata-Steeler
01-06-2012, 07:27 AM

The chance to fully rest and heal Ben's ankle is now over, we're in the Playoffs and Tomlin will play Ben throughout now.
But, we should have rested Ben when we played the Brown's 'cause he would have been better health-wise now.
It's silly mentioning things like Ben, even though he's still injured, needing to play to shake off the "rust" ...? -like others on this board have said, that's just BS. -like wtf?
Batch didn't play ALL year, and yet he still came in and put up the points against the Rams. I didn't see much "rust" on Batch in that game.

If Ben's injury lets him perform like he did in the 49'ers then playoffs are over, for us, and the "stud" muffin.
And no, it's not about any "negative nancies" on this board -'cause there are NO negative nancies on this board.

Either way, Ben's gotta' bring this offense together now again,,..., it's playoff's and Ben is definitely in.

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
I figure you just have all of Pittsburgh's receivers wear fake boobies and Ben will hit them right in the numbers every time.

FanSince72
01-08-2012, 11:54 AM
I figure you just have all of Pittsburgh's receivers wear fake boobies and Ben will hit them right in the numbers every time.

Just when I thought you were beginning to seem intelligent...

finesward
01-08-2012, 12:09 PM

Wow, clearly the Denver public schools push out more intelligence than anywhere else in the country

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Just when I thought you were beginning to seem intelligent...

I think it would be even better if the Denver defensive backfield wore the fake boobies. I reckon they'd get at least 10 picks.

:tt:

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow, clearly the Denver public schools push out more intelligence than anywhere else in the country

I wouldn't know, I attended Littleton public schools.

FanSince72
01-08-2012, 12:21 PM

Oh well that explains it.

After all, spending most of your time hiding under your desk is certainly not a productive learning environment.

finesward
01-08-2012, 12:29 PM

Littleton has excellent public schools, you must be one of the "no child left behind" that Bush tried to save.

Rick5895
01-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I didn't think is see any troll worse than a Rat fan, but this Bronco fan is approaching that level.

Boomer
01-08-2012, 01:21 PM
I didn't think is see any troll worse than a Rat fan, but this Bronco fan is approaching that level.

He's right up there with them, that's for sure.