PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance

Lyn
06-26-2006, 12:13 PM
I was leaving work and since my office is in a mall, a very busy Michigan State University mall, one really needs to be careful. People drive all over the place paying little attention to the offered access roads. I am on one of these access roads heading South. A girl (naturally a MSU student) is on another access road heading West. There is a stop sign at the end of HER access road. There is no stop sign where I am. Anyway we collide. She jumps out runs over crying, "I have no money, Oh my God what am I going to do?" She was driving way too fast. I was not, in fact if anything I was going too slow because I know how the people out here drive, for lack of a better word. 2 weeks earlier a foreigner hit me in rear while I was at a red light. I have been hit prolly twice a year.

Okay here is what happened and MY insurance put me at full blame for the accident.

I said to this crying lil girl, "Honey don't worry I will get you a new door and have it put on for you and get it painted. Noone will ever know the difference and it will cost you nothing at all." Why did I say that? because I have a daughter in college and I would hope to God there is still some frickin humanity left in this world and someone would help her out. In East lansing, a cop will not come to a parking lot accident unless someone is hurt. So get this one, there were no cops, no witnesses, the insurance company only talked to me because the girl was smart enough NOT to return their calls to her. The adjuster was trying to find out who was at fault. I told her I offered to get her a new door, etc so the adjuster says and this is all via telepnone........."The accident was your fault then!"

I am so POed right now. What can I do to report that "adjuster" what would you do?

HometownGal
06-26-2006, 02:56 PM
It never fails it seems, Lyn. When you try to do something nice for someone, as you definitely tried to do in this case, someone or something always throws a monkey wrench into the ointment. It probably appeared to the adjuster that you were at fault because of your offer to repair this girl's car at YOUR expense - I can see why he/she may have thought that. I do think, though, that the adjuster should have talked with you further before making the bold assertion that the accident was your fault. If you feel you have been wronged, contact the insurance commission in your State and file a formal complaint.

Thank heavens no one was injured - that is the most important thing here imho. Was there much damage to your car?

Lyn
06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
It never fails it seems, Lyn. When you try to do something nice for someone, as you definitely tried to do in this case, someone or something always throws a monkey wrench into the ointment. It probably appeared to the adjuster that you were at fault because of your offer to repair this girl's car at YOUR expense - I can see why he/she may have thought that. I do think, though, that the adjuster should have talked with you further before making the bold assertion that the accident was your fault. If you feel you have been wronged, contact the insurance commission in your State and file a formal complaint.

Thank heavens no one was injured - that is the most important thing here imho. Was there much damage to your car?

Noone getting hurt is definitely the most important issue. I was driving a rental because a week earlier I had been hit and my car was in the shop (no wonder my insurance company wants to piss me off, they want me to leave) LOL. There was little damage done to the front of the car I think it was like $800. which the rental company paid for. Her car the passenger door was dented in thank God noone was with her.

HometownGal
06-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Noone getting hurt is definitely the most important issue. I was driving a rental because a week earlier I had been hit and my car was in the shop (no wonder my insurance company wants to piss me off, they want me to leave) LOL. There was little damage done to the front of the car I think it was like $800. which the rental company paid for. Her car the passenger door was dented in thank God noone was with her.

I think I would start looking around for another insurance company, Lyn. They sound like schmucks.

BlackNGold203
06-26-2006, 03:37 PM
Further proof that No Good Deed Goes Unpunished...

Sorry to hear that Lyn....:shake01:

PisnNapalm
06-26-2006, 04:13 PM
I've had State Farm insurance for years and years. I've never had a single issue with any claim.

DIESELMAN
06-26-2006, 08:23 PM
I was leaving work and since my office is in a mall, a very busy Michigan State University mall, one really needs to be careful. People drive all over the place paying little attention to the offered access roads. I am on one of these access roads heading South. A girl (naturally a MSU student) is on another access road heading West. There is a stop sign at the end of HER access road. There is no stop sign where I am. Anyway we collide. She jumps out runs over crying, "I have no money, Oh my God what am I going to do?" She was driving way too fast. I was not, in fact if anything I was going too slow because I know how the people out here drive, for lack of a better word. 2 weeks earlier a foreigner hit me in rear while I was at a red light. I have been hit prolly twice a year.

Okay here is what happened and MY insurance put me at full blame for the accident.

I said to this crying lil girl, "Honey don't worry I will get you a new door and have it put on for you and get it painted. Noone will ever know the difference and it will cost you nothing at all." Why did I say that? because I have a daughter in college and I would hope to God there is still some frickin humanity left in this world and someone would help her out. In East lansing, a cop will not come to a parking lot accident unless someone is hurt. So get this one, there were no cops, no witnesses, the insurance company only talked to me because the girl was smart enough NOT to return their calls to her. The adjuster was trying to find out who was at fault. I told her I offered to get her a new door, etc so the adjuster says and this is all via telepnone........."The accident was your fault then!"

I am so POed right now. What can I do to report that "adjuster" what would you do?

Thats BS........Hes got a supervisor or theres got to be a 1-800 # you can call. If all else fails send your husband/bf down there to "get the story straight".

Lyn
06-27-2006, 12:51 AM
LOL I am far from done. I am definitely going to report my dealings with this person to a boss, owner, etc. That was the wrong thing to say to me. I have priorities right now my nusband is going into the hospital and after this settles down the powers that be will have a letter to show her at her next review and hopefully she will not get that raise. I am actually a nice person but don't F*** with me.