PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Jersey Challenge

soulkitchen
01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
OK, it's playoff time and everyone has their standard jersey. You have your Ben's, Polamalu's, Harrison's, Lambert's etc. Now the challenge laid out is for you to publicly declare which 2nd tier player's jersey you will sport for the first game next year if that player steps up with a great performance or huge play (game deciding) during the playoffs.

I personally will be choosing one William Gay.

So if Mr. Gay grabs a pick six, has a sack fumble, or any other game turning play that has a direct result in our playoff success then that is what I'll be wearing.

Now the success needs to be carried through the playoffs and SB. No good game against denver followed by bad game against rats, and not just a splash play (unless it is Harrison like and in the SB or AFCC).

On offense I'm choosing Weslye Saunders - And the crowd goes Wessssssssss.

So stand up and make your pick.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Hood , will have a sack, cause a fumble and chase Tebow.

He got to Tebow 3 times yesterday in All Madden, lol

StainlessStill
01-06-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't see many of them, and he is THEE most underutilized and most underrated player on not only this Pittsburgh Steelers team for YEARS, but the whole ENTIRE, National Football League. I've seen Gay jerseys believe it or not. I've never seen an Ike Taylor jersey be worn.

If Ike comes up with a big pick, you bet your ass #24 will be worn next season.

MDSteel15
01-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Munday :tt03:

saveus1011
01-06-2012, 11:04 AM
I'll go old school....with a Richard Shelton.

StillerzFreak
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
I don't see many of them, and he is THEE most underutilized and most underrated player on not only this Pittsburgh Steelers team for YEARS, but the whole ENTIRE, National Football League. I've seen Gay jerseys believe it or not. I've never seen an Ike Taylor jersey be worn.

I got an Ike jersey, wore it to the Seahawks game this year and sat front row. Ike saw me during warm ups and I got his autograph.

I'm gonna go with Isaac Redman tho, if he has a big game/playoff for us, I wouldn't mind investing in his jersey.

I already have a Brown jersey, but would like to see Sanders stay healthy and produce more and maybe I'll get his as well. :thumbsup:

tanda10506
01-06-2012, 11:54 AM
For me it's Redman.

Hood , will have a sack, cause a fumble and chase Tebow.

He got to Tebow 3 times yesterday in All Madden, lol

Lol, I won't even play anybody right now unless they are using Denver, Baltimore, or the Taperiots.

SteeleReign
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
You know what...I'll go Big Ben. Before you flame me...I realize he's not a 2nd tier player, but I haven't worn his jersey since he acted like a moron two summers ago.

However, if he plays through this ankle & plays well enough to get us to the AFC CG, I'll proudly wear it again. Ben clearly is the key to our playoff run.

Stu Pidasso
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
I have been considering ordering a custom one. If he plays good and the Steelers win, I promise I'll order a Doug Legursky jersey.

MACH1
01-06-2012, 01:19 PM
I'll sport the old decrepit useless worn out #86.

QCbeauBlak
01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
funny that this thread was made just as I am about to order me some new gear. Though I will buy a Nike Jersey in the fall, I am ordering an alternate Antonio Brown jersey next week!! I wanted to get one last summer but I needed one more season to see if he was really a true Steeler and I am overly convinced that he is and will be here a long time! AB is probably my favorite in the new generation

.. I do not live in WV any more so I only usually make it to either preseason games (went to two back to back this year, one in the burgh and the other here in Charlotte) or one deep in the season. I hope we play the Ravens late next year at home so I can make that trip and rock my new Jersey

Goldsteel86
01-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I am really watching John Clay this weekend, if he gets touches I want to see how he handles the running game. I think that if given a chance he may just pan out. So it may be Clay!

Bayz101
01-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Cotchery. If he makes some plays, i'll be picking up his jersey next year. I just hope he stays around for a while.

Boomer
01-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Cameron Heyward...I've thought about getting his jersey anyway.

sluggermatt15
01-07-2012, 09:11 PM
If the Steelers go to the AFC Championship game this year, I will pony up and buy a Kemoeatu jersey.

Bayz101
01-07-2012, 09:58 PM
If the Steelers go to the AFC Championship game this year, I will pony up and buy a Kemoeatu jersey.

Kemo will probably be cut next year, lol. He's a walking liability.

fer522
01-07-2012, 10:58 PM
Bobby Brister :doh::chuckle:
:tt03::tt03:

tony hipchest
01-08-2012, 02:00 AM
Thadeus Gibson

since wasted roster spots held for veterans such as hines ward, aaron smith, charlie batch, chris hoke and james farrior will now be open, we will correct the biggest mistake ever, and bring our 2010 4th round pick back.

anyone know what number he will be getting? i think he'll get jack lamberts #58. :thumbsup:

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 02:41 AM
Thadeus Gibson

since wasted roster spots held for veterans such as hines ward, aaron smith, charlie batch, chris hoke and james farrior will now be open, we will correct the biggest mistake ever, and bring our 2010 4th round pick back.

anyone know what number he will be getting? i think he'll get jack lamberts #58. :thumbsup:

Yeah, him and Plaxico! :rofl:

SoCalFan
01-08-2012, 02:59 AM
Even if William Gay has 2 pick 6s, 1 game winning, I will NEVER wear your jersey! Sorry Will... I will most likely be sporting my Ward jersey! Hey, good thing is, thats my last name too!

Whodis
01-08-2012, 10:19 AM
If our offense comes alive I'll be ordering one of these hats!

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/000/947/288/76027591.jpg.9931_crop_340x234.jpg

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 12:42 AM

:doh::doh:D'oh!::doh::doh::doh::doh::banging:::noi dea: