PDA

View Full Version : 2006 AFC North Season Preview

soswalter
06-26-2006, 01:14 PM
Here's a 2006 season preview of the AFC North. Also currently available are four other divisions, as well as a two-round 2007 Mock Draft:

http://www.walterfootball.com/season2006_AFCN.php

nicesteel4life
06-26-2006, 01:18 PM
12-4 HMMMMMMMM Good number.
Hope it 13-3 becuase then its 1 for 3+3 = 6th ring
Ok I like to play with numbers, shoot me!!

GoFor6
06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
12-4 for both Pittsburgh and Cincy! If we split with Cincy and Balt and Cincy splits with PGH and Balt then we both only lose 2 games in total to the AFC west and NFC South not counting Cincy and Us playing two more strong AFC teams.

AFC West and NFC South are tuff conferences. We had it pretty easy last year with Green Bay, Minnesota, Detroit (thank god we had Chicago at home). We also played, Jax (lose), Indy (lose) then titans and texans. Much easier schedule in 2005 than 2006, on paper.

Our 2006 opponents won 10 more games than our 2005 opponents won in 2005. This is going to be a very very tuff year. Look at out last 6 games - wow. We lose 1 in Sept, Oct and Nov and 2 in December - yikes.

My heart is screaming 19-0 but my brain is whispering 14-5.

I predict: 11-5 (6-2 at home / 5-3 way) for the Steelers and win the AFC north and Super Bowl - YEAH BABY. 10-6 for Cincy and they lose again in the first round.

As long as I am making predictions, Steelers win first 3-peat, why not.

SteelerFanInCA
06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
I can't see the bengals going 12-4. They have a pretty tough schedule as well. They play everyone that we do plus the colts and pats.

HometownGal
06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
I can see the Steelers winning the AFC North at 12-4 IF Ben is behind center. I'm not going to look too much farther ahead at this point.

blackngoldbaby
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
i was looking at the steelers schedual the other day n i was trying to figure up a good guess of what our record would be n my prediction was 12-4 also .

SteelersMongol
06-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Reading things like this always make me feel excited and anxious for the upcoming season. :smile:

Haiku_Dirtt
06-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Hmmm. We're taking Garrett Wolfe in the first round? I'm neutral to this.

After the bye week, it goes So. Cal - PGH - Atlanta - No. Cal and back to PGH. That's alot of flying in a month. I'm glad Denver is at home.

J-ville and Carolina on the road could be trip-ups.

If we start 3-0 then we go 13-3.

Hawk Believer
06-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Reading things like this always make me feel excited and anxious for the upcoming season. :smile:

As I read the NFC West predictions from this guy, I realized he would lose all credibility with SF posters based on the following analysis:

Analysis: The Seahawks are the best team in the NFL. Whether they win the Super Bowl or not depends on how real the two aforementioned curses are. If they are hoaxes, Hasselbeck, Alexander and Mike Holmgren will be hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in February 2007.

So he is saying the only thing standing between the Seahawks and a SB ring is the Super Bowl loser and Madden cover jinxes.

So based on that, I figure most of you would likely take his predictions with a bit of skepticism.

Koopa
06-27-2006, 03:12 AM
hmmmm, the site says major additions and has orien harris on the list, i haven't really read anything on him, but is he gonna be worth a damn?

they need to get of el, he isn't that big of a lose, ppl focus to much on a couple of td passes acting like he did it once a week. he is very overrated on punt returning. and he had avg. stats for a starter. willie reid or holmes will make all of us forget how the hell el is. so i don't think he's worth putting in major substractions lol

damn i can't wait for the season to start

RoethlisBURGHer
06-27-2006, 02:10 PM
Besides, Randle El was only responsible for 35 receptions, 558 yards and one touchdown. Between Holmes and Cedrick Wilson, the Steelers will have that covered.

That's what 98% of Steeler Nation has been saying,but all the haters don't want to believe that El was that small of a player.Believing that losing El will cripple us gives them false hope...just like losing Plexiglass was gonna cripple us.

Miami, Jacksonville, Kansas City, revenge-hungry Denver, Tampa Bay, Carolina and Atlanta.

Miami: This is a win,C-Pepp will be rusty and he's gonna be blitzed an aweful lot just coming off of getting his knee all torn to shreds.And we all saw how good errr bad he was without Moss,can Chambers be his new go-to guy for Mr. INT?

KC: LJ is a big threat and but who is Trent Green gonna throw the ball to?Not to mention this team has no defense whatsoever to speak of.I think we got this game.

Denver: This COULD be a loss.Plummer has something to prove after his choke-job in the AFC Championship Game and with the Broncos drafting QB Jay Cuttler in the first round.They always have a strong running game (which we shut down in the AFC Championship Game) and a good defense.But I still think we can win this one.

Tampa Bay: Good defense,mediocre offense most of the time.They can be scored on and we will be able to keep them from scoring.Last year Cadillac showed he got some dents in that body of his,and our run-stuffing defense will be able to put a big dent on the hood of this Cadillac.Take away the Caddy and what do they have?Not much.

Carolina: Could be another loss.Can we stop Steve Smith?If so,I think we'll win.Nobody even knows who's gonna be running the ball for them.And thier defense is good,but the Seahawks just killed them in the NFCCG.They can be stopped,just stop Steve Smith.I think Ike Taylor can do that.

Atlanta: Michael Vick is beatable,he proved that last year.The guy is a piss-poor passer and thier defense is very pourous.This team will be an easy win.The Steelers will jump out to a nice 14-17 point lead early and Vick will be forced to pass,and we all know he's not good at that.

SteelersWyo
06-27-2006, 03:00 PM
11-5 worked pretty well so I'll stick with that. As for El leaving, lets not forget Omar was drafted from Bowling Green. It looks like he can fill some of that role pretty well.