PDA

View Full Version : Broncos defense just what the Steelers and Big Ben need!

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Living out here in Broncos country, I have grown VERY tired of the emphasis this week on Ben's ankle and the overall health of the Steelers. They have even tried to use Harrison's neck issue earlier this season as evidence of how unhealthy the Steelers are.

There is also a belief out here in Denver that the Broncos have a great defense. The "great" Broncos defense even being used to bolster their belief that they have a chance this week.

This is simple fantasy. The Broncos defense is mediocre at best.

The statistics don't lie. Hold on....this is about to get deep...:tt02:

The Broncos defense is currently ranted #24 scoring defense, #20 in total yards allowed, #22 rushing defense, #18 passing defense and tied for 28th in INT's (9). Although they ranked #11 in sacks (41), this has changed significantly since Von Miller injured his thumb in the Chargers game...and Von Miller's producivity has dwindled so badly (really to almost nothing) that he was benched during last weeks game against the Chiefs. The Broncos only have 8 sacks over the last 4 games (4 of those came against Caleb Haney and the Bears the week Von Miller returned with a cast on his hand). They managed 2 against the Pats, 1 against the Bills and only 1 against (as the Broncos fans are so happy to tell you...the almost completely immobile) Kyle Orton.

During the 4 games leading up to his thumb injury Von Miller recorded 25 unassisted tackles, 7 assits and 3.5 sacks. In the 4 games since his return? 5 tackes (4 of those in the Bears game, his first game back), 2 assists (1 in Bears game) and 1 sack (also in the Bears game). So, in his last 3 games...he has 1 tacks, 1 assist, 0 sacks and has been benched. They have also been subbing him out during obvious run situations. They don't have a single interception of an opposing QB during the last 4 games.

The Broncos have only played 5 games against teams with winning records...and own a 1-4 record (losing all of its last 4). During the 8 game stretch that created the MYTH that Tebow is an NFL QB, they faced only 1 team with a winning record and only 1 team that went on to the playoffs....and were drubbed by that one team...the Lions (45-10). In their last 3 games against playoff teams...Packers, Lions and Patriots (two of these at home in Denver), they have been outscored 125-56.

In their 4 games against playoff teams (Cincy, Pack, Lions and Pats), the Broncos have allowed the opposing QB to combine for 100 completions on 143 attempts (69.9%), 1327 yards (331/game), 11 TD's and only 1 Int and an average QB rating of 122.4.

The Steelers have faced FAR greater defenses this year. Of their 16 games, 11 have come against teams in the top 11 in yards allowed and 13 have come against teams in the top 15 in scoring defense.

This is the perfect defense for the Steelers to play at a time when their offense needs a good performance to get a little confidence. Broncos are allowing more than 125 yards a game rushing to opponents. I pray that Tomlin and Arians focus on the run early. Get Redman some yards and some confidence. If they then focus on using the Tight End just as the Patriots did, the entire passing game will open up and this thing could be over by halftime.

EDIT:

ONE more thing....

The Broncos have allowed opposing teams to score more than 20 points in 9 of their 16 games. They have won only 3 of those (Cincy, Raiders and Vikings...two of the 3 worst defenses in the entire NFL). Of the 7 games they have held their opponents to less than 20 points, they lost two of these...but didn't score more than 20 themselves in ANY of these games. They have only scored 20 points 3 times since Tebow became their QB. Almost complete offensive ineptitude...

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 10:30 AM
I hadn't noticed emphais on Ben's ankle.

And why do people from Pittsburgh keep running away from Pittsburgh?

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-08-2012, 10:40 AM

Ironically enough...I'm a native Coloradoan....just smart enough to know that I needed to find a different team to root for as a kid! :tt02:

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Ironically enough...I'm a native Coloradoan....just smart enough to know that I needed to find a different team to root for as a kid! :tt02:

Oh, come on... The Broncos aren't the Nuggets.

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
Oh, come on... The Broncos aren't the Nuggets.
sure they are...they're ass nuggets ..:sofunny:

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 12:49 PM
sure they are...they're ass nuggets ..:sofunny:

Bam! :applaudit:

MACH1
01-08-2012, 01:14 PM

At least in Pittsburgh they don't shoot their own players.

SteelCityMom
01-08-2012, 01:30 PM
At least in Pittsburgh they don't shoot their own players.

Hey! Not allowed!

Consider yourself heavily infracted. :chuckle:

MACH1
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Hey! Not allowed!

Consider yourself heavily infracted. :chuckle:

Thank you may I have another. :sofunny:

steelerschik
01-08-2012, 07:48 PM

Nobody runs away from Pittsburgh. Get your facts. People go where the jobs are or other reasons. Their bodies may be elsewhere, but their hearts are with the city and the Steelers. Wouldn't expect anyone else to understand this but a true Pittsburgher.

Congrats on the win. Good luck against the Pats, they're gonna need it. Although I would love to see the upset, I don't see it happening.