PDA

View Full Version : Doesn't look good....

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 10:23 AM
The Steelers have come down with injury bird flu. I can see them beating Denver but with out a healthy team I am afraid they will fall against the patriots because they will have to put up a lot of points and I just cant see big beg dragging 4 patriots on his back into the end zone like he would without the bad ankle :doh:

Rick5895
01-08-2012, 10:28 AM
What's with the negative thread?
:banging:

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Denver handled the Patriots well enough until they fumbled 3 times in the 2nd Q which gave NE 17 points. Denver lost by 18.

finesward
01-08-2012, 10:47 AM
Denver lost.

cool story, please tell it again

:coffee:

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 10:54 AM
cool story, please tell it again

:coffee:

Clearly my point escapes you. I hear the Pittsburgh public school system is the pride of Pennsylvania.

:tt:

finesward
01-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Clearly my point escapes you. I hear the Pittsburgh public school system is the pride of Pennsylvania.

:tt:

It must escape all of us, please tell us again how you blew a big lead against the patriots... :wink02:

Boomer
01-08-2012, 11:07 AM
It must escape all of us, please tell us again how you blew a big lead against the patriots... :wink02:

I would prefer if he would just find some where else to try and stir up trouble. There's got to be bronco's boards where he can go and be stupid.

ColoradoSteelerFan
01-08-2012, 11:17 AM
Denver handled the Patriots well enough until they fumbled 3 times in the 2nd Q which gave NE 17 points. Denver lost by 18.

The Broncos fumble issues don't really explain how they had 218 yards at the end of the first quarter and then only 86 yards over the next two quarters combined...against one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

...and trust me...the Steelers don't have the Patriots rush defense.

finesward
01-08-2012, 11:17 AM
I would prefer if he would just find some where else to try and stir up trouble. There's got to be bronco's boards where he can go and be stupid.

And therein lies the problem...it's a she not a he. My guess is she is menstruating on the same cycle as tebow and that's why her feelings are all hurt that we are dissing her "qb" :mad:

Whodis
01-08-2012, 12:41 PM
It's hard to believe we are ready for a super bowl run with all the injuries. Ben has been far from accurate throwing on one leg.

cubanstogie
01-08-2012, 12:45 PM

so what your saying is Denver handled NE for 1 quarter. Wow something to be proud of. Your bar is set pretty low bro.

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 12:46 PM
It's hard to believe we are ready for a super bowl run with all the injuries. Ben has been far from accurate throwing on one leg.

I;m gonna ask you for the last time: "STOP BAITING" , we're gonna win it in the trenches anyway, it don't matter who is QB.
thx.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
I;m gonna ask you for the last time: "STOP BAITING"
thx.

He's a master-baiter :chuckle:

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:01 PM
He's a master-baiter :chuckle:

Bayz, can you atleast try to stick to the mess's you already started ?
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=82996
mmm
I guess not eh ?

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 01:04 PM
mmm
I guess not eh ?

What are you, the thread Hitler all of a sudden? It's playoff time and the forum is alive!

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:05 PM
mmm
I guess not eh ?

Seems like that mess has two pages :chuckle:

This is a discussion board, no? Lay off whatever the hell your smoking, gramps! :old:

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:06 PM
What are you, the thread Hitler all of a sudden? It's playoff time and the forum is alive!

No, he's a middle-aged hippie troll, much worse.

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 01:12 PM

spot on, spot on:chuckle:

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:14 PM

Eassy kiddies, I'm not quite there yet, but I do GUARANTEE you, that we will win this game in the trenches, and yes, becuase of Ben's helpful fortitude, but not becuase of Ben, and especially NOT because of his injuries,, but because the STEELERS will support their QB -no matter what ! -'dats just 'da way we are !
Don't worry, be happy.
and btw: a word of advice, stop painting perfume on a PIG, it's just a PIG, Let It Be, and you'll be absolutely amazed what it can actually produce.

MACH1
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM

Guess that would make you a 19 year old pecker head. :flap:

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:16 PM
Eassy kiddies, I'm not quite there yet, but I do GUARANTEE you, that we will win this game in the trenches, and yes, becuase of Ben's helpful fortitude, but not becuase of Ben, and especially NOT because of his injuries,, but because the STEELERS will support their QB -no matter what ! -'dats just 'da way we are !
Don't worry, be happy.

No team wins based off one player, much less our hobbled quarterback. If anything are defense will be the deciding factor in this one, much like it's had to be all season. That is, until the offense finally scores. Once the offense scores the defense tends to get lazy :banging:

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
Guess that would make you a 19 year old pecker head. :flap:

And your a razor!

Eh, I got nothin'.

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:20 PM
No team wins based off one player, much less our hobbled quarterback. If anything are defense will be the deciding factor in this one, much like it's had to be all season. That is, until the offense finally scores. Once the offense scores the defense tends to get lazy :banging:

Then I beg you Troll, why do you constantly piay offense against defense, QB versus D, D versus whatever suits you?, just for whatever POST treats you.grow up now.
You are a Bandwagoneer, OR, you are young, dum and full of cum, from a weird place.
heck I dunno.
Relax ! we're good, and STOP bangin' u're head against the wall.

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 01:25 PM
When that one player is the QB, you win or lose games based on weather they play and weather or not they succeed while playing if they are injured. It's the one position in the game that can totally lose it for you, although Johnathan Scott made a pretty good case for the LT spot to be the second position.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Then I beg you Troll, why do you constantly piay offense against defense, just for whatever POST treats you.grow up now.
You are a Bandwagoneer, OR, you are young, dum and full of cum.
heck I dunno.

I really don't understand what your trying to say. Wait for the smoke to clear, then post. YOU are the one who constantly plays offense against defense. You can't stand the idea of a passing offense, or an offense for that matter.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:29 PM
You know what, dude's brains fried. I'm done discussing here, i'll run in to you again when a positive offensive thread is created!

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:30 PM
When that one player is the QB, you win or lose games based on weather they play and weather or not they succeed while playing if they are injured. It's the one position in the game that can totally lose it for you, although Johnathan Scott made a pretty good case for the LT spot to be the second position.

Swwetheart, plz watch SB (in 2005), 'cause thats when it was NOT dependent on just the QB, that one, was definitely the whole TEAM makin it happen, (and Ben more than a dozen times admitted it),
and the simple proof was the fact that the Steelers did it, yep.

SteelCityMom
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
Damn, chill out guys.

And knock off the personal attacks. We're all rooting for the same team here.

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 01:32 PM
We may not win because of one player ,but, one player can make a world of difference. I keep reading threads that we would win with our backup QB and I wonder where do you get these crystal balls, what has happened in the past is no guarantee for the future.

Ben gives us the best chance to win anytime he steps out on the field, now that is proven more so than any games Charlie has played. We had such great defensive teams in the 90's and before Ben got here but we were constantly beaten by lesser teams. Patriots with Brady, NO with Brees, Indy with Peyton, these teams do not win without their QB in the playoffs. Only teams in recent memory to win it all without great QB play the Ravens and Tampa Bay.

While I like Charlie this is the playoffs and I want my QB out there is he is able.

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:33 PM
You know what, dude's brains fried. I'm done discussing here, i'll run in to you again when a positive offensive thread is created!

Hey mano,
"...positive offensive thread..." ???
Here's some news fer 'ya, com padre,
Every Steeler on the planet has been waiting for that again. !

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 01:37 PM
Swwetheart, plz watch SB (in 2005), 'cause thats when it was NOT dependent on just the QB, that one, was definitely the whole TEAM makin it happen, (and Ben more than a dozen times admitted it),
and the simple proof was the fact that the Steelers did it, yep.

Ben did more to win that SuperBowl than you will ever give him credit. His play in the three road playoff games where the catalyst that won that Superbowl. We do not even SMELL a Superbowl without him that year, yet you focus only on the big game itself where I will agree he played badly. Just like you to focus on one out of four BIG games. You also still think our Defense won the game against the Cards. Ben had nothing to do with that win either I guess.

TroyP43
01-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Damn, chill out guys.

^This

The last thing I want to see on this board is a back and forth between you guys. Take it elsewhere. Name calling is so lame. Grow up and enjoy the game today, and as SCMom said we are rooting for the same team!

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Ben did more to win that SuperBowl than you will ever give him credit. His play in the three road playoff games where the catalyst that won that Superbowl. We do not even SMELL a Superbowl without him that year, yet you focus only on the big game itself where I will agree he played badly. Just like you to focus on one out of four BIG games. You also still think our Defense won the game against the Cards. Ben had nothing to do with that win either I guess.

I could have played YOU, as that QB, in that SB, and the Steelers would have still WON that SB.
get it ???!!!

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 01:46 PM
I could have played YOU, as that QB, in that SB, and the Steelers would have still WON that SB.
get it ???!!!

Way to avoid the real post, what about the playoff games , you wear blinders worse than the Homers you call out.

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Way to avoid the real post, what about the playoff games , you wear blinders worse than the Homers you call out.

Yep, three road games against the 1,2, and 3 seeds for a sophomore QB was very impressive. Especially the Indianapolis win.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM
Yep, three road games against the 1,2, and 3 seeds for a sophomore QB was very impressive. Especially the Indianapolis win.

"The immaculate tackle". Got to love that play!

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 01:51 PM

the reality is, as you said yourself "homey", our DEFENSE has carried us through it ALL.
care to add to that ? - I mean, yes it's a team effort, yes, it all has to jell, but .... , I mean wtf ?

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 01:57 PM
the reality is, as you said yourself "homey", our DEFENSE has carried us through it ALL.
care to add to that ? - I mean, yes it's a team effort, yes, it all has to jell, but .... , I mean wtf ?
No according to you its all defense. I was just pointing out that we have a history of great defenses, but they have only taken us so far in the playoffs. Besides TB we have not had a QB of Bens caliber. You like to bring up his worst playoff game often but yet you pooh pooh his accomplishments as the Steelers QB. Like I said without Ben as our current QB I see no scenario where we beat Indy in 2005, or the Cards in our last win in the Superbowl. I agree we win as a team but you sir want to point out we lose because of either Ben or the Offense which is sometimes true. I on the other hand realize we do not win without a great defense OR a great QB.

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Damn, chill out guys.

Sorry, Mom, I let it all get to me lately,...
I'll keep it under a 100 from now on.
;)

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 02:10 PM
"The immaculate tackle". Got to love that play!

That was such a crazy game. But yeah just a great heads up play by Ben to tackle Nick Harper on that play. Remember hearing some poor guy had a heart attack seeing Bus fumble it at a bar.

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 02:14 PM
See ?,
and I didn't even mention the "defensive" Immaculate Turnover of James Harrison in the SB against the Cards' now, did I ?
:hatsoff:

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
See ?,
and I didn't even mention the "defensive" Immaculate Turnover of James Harrison in the SB against the Cards' now, did I ?
:hatsoff:

Thats the first time today. You have " Mentioned" it a total of 24 times in the past though. On the other hand you have mentioned that Ben engineered a game winning drive in the same game after the defense gave up the lead only once.:rofl:

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Thats the first time today. You have " Mentioned" it a total of 24 times in the past though. On the other hand you have mentioned Ben engineering a game winning drive in the same game after the defense gave up the lead only one.:rofl:

ummm, No , I have never mentioned what you presume to falsely accuse others of.
However, our DEFENSE engineered both SB's for the WIN.
But yes, the very LAST wining TD play after 59 minutes of the rest of Steelers defense even making it ALL possibly to happen was low and behold..
-Lol. -nuthin' to laugh about really, since the TEAM won it.

now, that is a TEAM effort, and i do agree with that.

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Does anyone here remember when just about every post was "gee i sure hope ben starts against the 9ers" myself included. Then what? INT INT INT INT INT INT, he cant throw accurately on a badly injured ankle and he cant move around and sure as hell cant avoid sacks, him being injured defiantly hurts our chances, i hope for the best though. like I said, Denver is winnable but if we want to beat the pats we better plan on putting up 30 or so points and can we do that with out a healthy big ben???? idk

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 02:41 PM
Does anyone here remember when just about every post was "gee i sure hope ben starts against the 9ers" myself included. Then what? INT INT INT INT INT INT, he cant throw accurately on a badly injured ankle and he cant move around and sure as hell cant avoid sacks, him being injured defiantly hurts our chances, i hope for the best though. like I said, Denver is winnable but if we want to beat the pats we better plan on putting up 30 or so points and can we do that with out a healthy big ben???? idk

why don't you wait and see how he looks today before panicking. he hurt his ankle a month ago. he was moving much better last week compared to the 49ers game. the passing game wasn't there because of 30+ mph wind.

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 03:00 PM
watching the pregame show he looks about 65%

Kanata-Steeler
01-08-2012, 03:03 PM
The "defensive" Immaculate Turnover of James Harrison in the SB against the Cards'
nuff' said.
I just had to mention that again, how do 'ya NOT miss that ?
I can't, ever.

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 03:07 PM
The "defensive" Immaculate Turnover of James Harrison in the SB against the Cards'
nuff' said.

that was f'ing amazing I watch it at least once week on you tube and it almost brings tears to my eyes, all those block him jumping over people.... truly immaculate