PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin outcoached again.

Eztarget
01-08-2012, 07:14 PM
Seriously now that Bill Cowher's guys are getting older Barry Switzer is starting to coach for us.

How can you let a high school QB beat you like that? No blitzing, no pressure just stand back there and act afraid the guy is going to run on you.

The Patriots will DESTROY the Broncos next week and Tebow will be picked at least three times. You know why because Belichek can coach.

Terrapin
01-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Tomlin outcoached. Never have seen a worse game manager.

Lebeau badly outcoached. (Please retire).

Arians outcoached. Hey dickbrain, it isn't illegal to run the f'n ball.

nyuknyuk
01-08-2012, 07:30 PM
Are you kidding? Denver wouldn't quit using the 3 man rush which was giving Ben (what kind of drugs was he on?) all day to throw the ball.

big pig
01-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I know I'm new to the site, but yes we flat out got outcoached!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I have never liked Mike T, this team is never prepaired they win on just talent, I know we had key guys hurt today, but really, called the same screen play to Wallace 4- 5 times that did'nt go anywhwere along with many other things, I don't have all nite. I'd just as soon not got in the playoffs then this

madtowndrunkard
01-08-2012, 07:47 PM
In the first half we were out coached ..... brutally out coached. In the 2nd half we were out played. Only because we put the players in the position to lose.

this loss lands 100% on the laps of the coaches. @#$ASDRTQ#$ASDF@#%!!!!!!

Tomlin grow some balls. you suck. Before you say I'm just being emotional...consider this is the first time the players needed the coaches to win a game....we won on talent....lost on leadership. choke choke choke you think I'm wrong? then tell me why the team with the most talent lost.

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 07:55 PM
I've said since the beginning of the season that this team has "lost it's touch" to win BIG GAMES all year except for 1 (NE). I don't know when was the last time they've made a 4th qtr come back to win close games either. The "clutchness" of this team has just vanished.

Raw Steel
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Mike Tomlin had his worst year as a head coach. His deficiencies came out when this team faced adversity. His decision-making was poor for the most part and the handling of the Ben Roethlisberger was a major debacle. His time management and even his inability to manage game situations.

With that said, I still think he is a good football coach and I want him to be here. But he needs to take a look at this season and the mistakes he made and learn from them. We know Cowher never did. Maybe Coach Tomlin will be a little less egotistical.

madtowndrunkard
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Mike Tomlin had his worst year as a head coach. His deficiencies came out when this team faced adversity. His decision-making was poor for the most part and the handling of the Ben Roethlisberger was a major debacle. His time management and even his inability to manage game situations.

With that said, I still think he is a good football coach and I want him to be here. But he needs to take a look at this season and the mistakes he made and learn from them. We know Cowher never did. Maybe Coach Tomlin will be a little less egotistical.

I'd be ecstatic if Tomlin were fired. Lets be honest. NONE of the playoff wins or SB rings were because of Tomlin. We are SOOO talented. To lose to the Broncos is as pathetic as it gets. Seriously.... Tomlin choked. NO excuses..... Tomlin choked.

rocckbottomxmen
01-08-2012, 08:03 PM
In the first half we were out coached ..... brutally out coached. In the 2nd half we were out played. Only because we put the players in the position to lose.

this loss lands 100% on the laps of the coaches. @#$ASDRTQ#$ASDF@#%!!!!!!

Tomlin grow some balls. you suck. Before you say I'm just being emotional...consider this is the first time the players needed the coaches to win a game....we won on talent....lost on leadership. choke choke choke you think I'm wrong? then tell me why the team with the most talent lost.

ok I will tell you in two words Di7K Lebeau

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
I'd be ecstatic if Tomlin were fired. Lets be honest. NONE of the playoff wins or SB rings were because of Tomlin. We are SOOO talented. To lose to the Broncos is as pathetic as it gets. Seriously.... Tomlin choked. NO excuses..... Tomlin choked.

I gave this opinion and bitched about this on another message board and took all kinds of heat for it. But with that being said, I think Tomlin has what it takes get this team back to Championship caliber... I sure hope so.

TRH
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Are you kidding? Denver wouldn't quit using the 3 man rush which was giving Ben (what kind of drugs was he on?) all day to throw the ball.

near the end of the game there was a NUMBER of instances where that "3-man rush" was on Ben in 2 seconds.....i couldnt' believe it. Tebow had all day to throw.....yet their 3 man rush was ALL OVER Ben in seconds.

btaylor179
01-08-2012, 08:20 PM
yup.....whole coaching staff sucks,......guess isaac didnt show them enough so they stoppd running the damn ball

FightFan27
01-08-2012, 08:21 PM
Tomlin , Arians and LeBLOW must go

FightFan27
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
# 1 pass defense shredded by at best a college QB .

Goldsteel86
01-08-2012, 08:23 PM
Tomlin wasn't outcoached, if you saw replays and the calls the refs made, Tomlin was in their ear!!!! Fact of the matter is, Tomlin and LeBeau can't be blamed for lack of player performance, fact of the matter is it is time to admit, "Big Snacks" is done, stop wasting time on Aaron Smith and it is seriously time to take a look at Cameron Heyward. Now for the Ziggy fans, he hasn't shown me a damn thing, time for him to put up or shut up!!!!!

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Seriously now that Bill Cowher's guys are getting older Barry Switzer is starting to coach for us.

How can you let a high school QB beat you like that? No blitzing, no pressure just stand back there and act afraid the guy is going to run on you.

The Patriots will DESTROY the Broncos next week and Tebow will be picked at least three times. You know why because Belichek can coach.

You are the type of Steeler fan that people hate. We lost get over it. This team showed great resiliency despite the circumstances with major injuries. Tomlin's coaching had nothing to do with us losing the game. While I can agree that early on Arians was calling some questionable plays the game didn't hinge on them. We had our chance to win in the end and the offensive line gave up an easy sack to take us out of field goal range. Then we blew a coverage on the first play of overtime by overly committing to the run.

Keisel had a career year and when he went down that changed the whole complexion of the defensive line. We then had McClendon and Heyward in playing as starters for the rest of the game. They couldn't get pressure on Tebow at all. Any quarterback would've carved us up worse and we were lucky we were playing against Tim Tebow because a guy like Brady would've probably put up a 40 pointer on us. Instead our team fought hard and came back from a 20-6 halftime deficit and only allowed 3 points in the second half. GUESS WE BETTER RETIRE OUR HALL OF FAMER DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR THEN HUH?

You people need to grow up. All you so called "fans" on here should be flat out ashamed of yourselves for trying to place blame on the coaching staff. The Broncos did what they needed to do given the circumstances and came out with the W. Stand tall and take it for what it is and give credit where credit is due. Tebow was able to make enough plays to win the game and we weren't able to do the same. That's football and this is the NFL. Any team can win on any given Sunday. I predicted that the Broncos would lose and our defense would trounce them prior to this game. Boy was I wrong. At least I'm man enough to admit I was wrong and that we simply lost and the Broncos played good football.

mikegrimey
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
yup.....whole coaching staff sucks,......guess isaac didnt show them enough so they stoppd running the damn ball

Playing with a 14 pt deficit will play a big role in being judicious with your running calls, I actually thought they did a good job of calling run plays

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM
# 1 pass defense shredded by at best a college QB .

Yep. And it wasn't "Jesus for Tebow" that was the reason. This team has crapped all of the bigger games this year except for NE.

Eztarget
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
You are the type of Steeler fan that people hate. We lost get over it. This team showed great resiliency despite the circumstances with major injuries. Tomlin's coaching had nothing to do with us losing the game. While I can agree that early on Arians was calling some questionable plays the game didn't hinge on them. We had our chance to win in the end and the offensive line gave up an easy sack to take us out of field goal range. Then we blew a coverage on the first play of overtime by overly committing to the run.

Keisel had a career year and when he went down that changed the whole complexion of the defensive line. We then had McClendon and Heyward in playing as starters for the rest of the game. They couldn't get pressure on Tebow at all. Any quarterback would've carved us up worse and we were lucky we were playing against Tim Tebow because a guy like Brady would've probably put up a 40 pointer on us. Instead our team fought hard and came back from a 20-6 halftime deficit and only allowed 3 points in the second half. GUESS WE BETTER RETIRE OUR HALL OF FAMER DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR THEN HUH?

You people need to grow up. All you so called "fans" on here should be flat out ashamed of yourselves for trying to place blame on the coaching staff. The Broncos did what they needed to do given the circumstances and came out with the W. Stand tall and take it for what it is and give credit where credit is due. Tebow was able to make enough plays to win the game and we weren't able to do the same. That's football and this is the NFL. Any team can win on any given Sunday. I predicted that the Broncos would lose and our defense would trounce them prior to this game. Boy was I wrong. At least I'm man enough to admit I was wrong and that we simply lost and the Broncos played good football.

So I just have to get over it and can't have an opinion. LOL. Okay. So it's okay that we sat back and tried to "contain" the great Tebow. Didn't bring any blitzes at him ... whatever. We lost because our "great" defensive coach and his boss crapped the bed with their game plan.

You bring everyone to the LOS on the first play of OT. Really?

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 08:44 PM
So I just have to get over it and can't have an opinion. LOL. Okay. So it's okay that we sat back and tried to "contain" the great Tebow. Didn't bring any blitzes at him ... whatever. We lost because our "great" defensive coach and his boss crapped the bed with their game plan.

You're opinion is idiotic at best and it makes you look like a giant crybaby. We brought blitzes at him but blitzes usually only work when you're getting to the quarterback. The blitzes weren't getting there because the defensive line wasn't getting any penetration. The few times that they did they couldn't capitalize and get the sack because Tebow evaded them.

I like how we lose one game and all the spoiled, whiny, crybabies come out of the woodwork demanding that everyone and their sister, brother, mother, aunt, and uncle get fired. The simple fact of the matter is we played down to their level because of injuries, the Broncos capitalized, and they made one more play than us to win the game. GET OVER IT and quit embarrassing yourself and the rest of Steeler Nation.

Eztarget
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
You're opinion is idiotic at best and it makes you look like a giant crybaby. We brought blitzes at him but blitzes usually only work when you're getting to the quarterback. The blitzes weren't getting there because the defensive line wasn't getting any penetration. The few times that they did they couldn't capitalize and get the sack because Tebow evaded them.

I like how we lose one game and all the spoiled, whiny, crybabies come out of the woodwork demanding that everyone and their sister, brother, mother, aunt, and uncle get fired. The simple fact of the matter is we played down to their level because of injuries, the Broncos capitalized, and they made one more play than us to win the game. GET OVER IT and quit embarrassing yourself and the rest of Steeler Nation.

I never said anyone should be fired. I just said we were out coached (which we were). Get off your high horse, they're called opinions, no one is embarrassing themselves. Your opinion appears to be in the minority so I guess we're all not a football genius like yourself.

jtbsteeler
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
Now we have an excuse to cut the "old" dead weight. The Steelers need at least two more big play makers on defense.

The injuries caught up to them a little as well. But Ike Taylor looked lost.

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 08:55 PM
I never said anyone should be fired. I just said we were out coached (which we were). Get off your high horse, they're called opinions, no one is embarrassing themselves. Your opinion appears to be in the minority so I guess we're all not a football genius like yourself.

No I just am not being a poor sport like half the people on here crying about everything we did wrong and ignoring the good things we did. No team with the amount of injuries we have was going to make the Super Bowl. We wouldn't of beaten the Patriots with these injuries. We just don't have the depth plain and simple. We were not out coached not in the least. They had a good gameplan and the players could not effectively execute it. Our defense relies on our OLBs and the Defensive Line to generate pressure. When you're not getting any pressure and you're best defensive lineman gets knocked out of the game early that's a recipe for disaster.

I might be the minority but I'm proud of it because I'm not going to sit on here and play the blame game. I don't like Arians and never have but we had our chances to win the game and he called a pretty decent second half to get the game tied up late. As for Lebeau he couldn't do what he wanted because the 2nd Stringers starting in place of Keisel, and Hampton simply weren't up to the task today. This loss was all about execution and the players didn't execute the way they needed to. This is nothing like the second loss to the Ravens where there were logical arguments that a non call on a helmet to helmet hit and a non call on a push off cost us the game. We had a chance to win it in the end and the O-Line pissed the bed.

All the whining on here is just more food to feed to the trolls and haters who argue that our fanbase is always making excuses when we lose.

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Well if Tomlin was "outcoached" its not like he was coaching against Harbaugh, Fox is top notch, but even he was let go last year. I think Carolina will regret that decision now that they have a young QB.

fate0521
01-09-2012, 06:21 AM
I wouldn't say Tomlin was outcoached, because I can't say Fox did anything special. However, Tomlin clearly has deficiencies that haven't gotten better as the season has gone on. Clock management - either Tomlin isn't doing it or no one is responsible - so that still goes back to Tomlin.

And what is up with these post game talks, he just comes out and says a bunch of bullshit and we're just supposed to accept it? No explanation of anything, no rational explanations for stupid decisions, etc.