PDA

View Full Version : Nice game Ike Taylor

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Its really tough making William Gay look like an all pro corner, but you did.

Sad part is, he wont give a crap.

Stupid penalties
No hussle
BS coverage
Poor Tackling

Shall we add more? My god, that is why your NOT a all pro corner! Enough said about that. He should never whine or complain again.

SH-Rock
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
People need to relax. He had a bad game. He has been consistent all season and pro bowl selection is based on the regular season not on post season. It was a tough loss, but it's okay. Get up and reload, that's how the Steelers do it!

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
bad timing for his worst game of the year :(

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
I agree- bad timing for his worst game of the year :(

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Bad game?

BAD GAME?

He wouldve been better sitting and pouting next the ward on the bench.

dcsteel5804
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
People need to relax. He had a bad game. He has been consistent all season and pro bowl selection is based on the regular season not on post season. It was a tough loss, but it's okay. Get up and reload, that's how the Steelers do it!

Son, we lost 10 minutes ago, let us roll in it for a few minutes. Ike straight up sucked. Period. His play was miles below the line. He had a chance to prove he was a top CB and instead proved why he's not. All these "We'll just reload and come back next year" people need to go away for about 2 days. Next year is about 9 months away.

btaylor179
01-08-2012, 08:56 PM
ike isnt now nor ever been that good.....he cant catch....ive never been impressed by him....it wasnt all him...our offense was inept again like all last part of year...first 2 fgs shouldve been tds.....bottom line!!!!settling for fgs and not getting tds will hurt you everytime

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm almost willing to bet that Ike gave up around 200 yds to Tebow by himself... and I'm not joking.

BigRick
01-08-2012, 09:00 PM
Bad game?

BAD GAME?

He wouldve been better sitting and pouting next the ward on the bench.

No doubt ! His head wasn't in the game. I can take a loss, BUT TO LOSE OT THE SUCKING PONYS AND TEBOW SUCKS!!!!:banging::banging:

Drizztbob
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
If I could blame one person, it would be Ike Taylor for this loss.

Black N' Yellow
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
But then again.... Ike never really had safety help over him so I really can't blame him. Mundy and Troy were both up on the line helping the linebackers stuff the run and they did a fantastic job of it.

It wasn't his fault that Tebow was godly in all of his deep throws. :/

jtbsteeler
01-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Safety help? Ike Taylor embarrassed a whole fanbase by himself today. I'm embarrassed by that kind of play. James Harrison hurt us as well.

Tim Tebow?

Walt
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
I'm not typically an Ike-basher. And I'll even defend him because on that first deep ball he gave up, he had good coverage, it was just a perfect pass.

My issue was that on a few occasions he struck me as not playing with a sense of urgency and/or not giving his maximum effort. It looked like on a few plays he gave up. Even on the winning TD, his tackle effort was weak. Yeah.. I know the guy threw a good stiff arm, but he looked like he was just jogging to catch up and after the stiff arm, stopped like he thought someone else would get the guy.

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Well let's see. Two defensive line starters out of the game. That means Heyward, McClendon, and Hood had to try and step up and play at the same level of Keisel who up to this game was having a career year. Get real. There isn't a corner in the NFL that could've covered Demaryius Thomas better given the circumstances the Steelers defense was facing due to injury. Tebow had all the time in the world to pass because the D-Line wasn't getting any pressure whatsoever. Let's not forget Mundy was starting over Ryan Clark which was also a factor.

How about people stop trying to make excuses and just accept the fact that we got beat due to the fact that the Broncos were able to make enough plays to win and we weren't. A better team than the Broncos would've beaten us worse.

Walt
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Well let's see. Two defensive line starters out of the game. That means Heyward, McClendon, and Hood had to try and step up and play at the same level of Keisel who up to this game was having a career year. Get real. There isn't a corner in the NFL that could've covered Demaryius Thomas better given the circumstances the Steelers defense was facing due to injury. Tebow had all the time in the world to pass because the D-Line wasn't getting any pressure whatsoever. Let's not forget Mundy was starting over Ryan Clark which was also a factor.

Dude. Get real. Our d-line has never been about getting pressure on the QB. It wasn't like Hampton and Keisel are good for 3 or 4 sacks a game. Them being out should have impacted our run defense, not the amount of pressure on the QB.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Watch the last play. Was he ever full out sprinting after he got beat?

Nope. Get beat once, hey sh!t happens, get torched for 200 yards in a plyoff game? You suck! Man up, call a press conference, and apologize. I would love to hear a player man up and aplogize to their fan base for sucking wind like he did.

I hope he is not in the probowl.

jtbsteeler
01-08-2012, 09:43 PM
Ike Taylor gave up over 200yds by himself. And was flagged twice. He looked like a bum out there. Heyward and McClendon played admirably.

This kind of loss will make the cuts easier.

Need4Sweed
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
just who do i blame as i watch #88 for the Broncos become the second coming of Michael Irving today...huh?

StainlessStill
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
If I could blame one person, it would be Ike Taylor for this loss.

Bull. I blame the coaching on this one. Ike was on an island ALL day and there was virtually ZERO adjustments out there! Right down to the last and first play of O.T. Even Ben throwing 40 times and completely GIVING up on the run game when Redman was a hot-hand at one point, especially that last drive in regulation. Time to make coaching adjustments. That's just all that's to it.

Eztarget
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
Watch how bad Tebow does next week against the #32 ranked Pats defense.

StainlessStill
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM

Believe it or not, the Steelers just set the blueprint on HELPING New England advance to the Title game. Bellichick wrote the note down: "Okay, note, 1/8/12. Don't let my players bite in the backfield. Play coverage if need be. Bill, out."

We helped N.E from how bad we played. A shame we didn't adjust. We didn't adjust in last years Super Bowl and we CERTAINLY didn't adjust today.

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Dude. Get real. Our d-line has never been about getting pressure on the QB. It wasn't like Hampton and Keisel are good for 3 or 4 sacks a game. Them being out should have impacted our run defense, not the amount of pressure on the QB.

I never said they are the ones getting the sacks, but they help take pressure off of the guys like Harrison, Woodley, and Timmons who are supposed to be our premier pass rushers. Keisel is disruptive, gets penetration, and stops the run. Heyward is obviously not there yet, nor is McClendon. Ziggy Hood didn't exactly impress either. There's no arguing with the fact that the defensive line played a garbage game for the most part.

zcoop
01-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Bull. I blame the coaching on this one. Ike was on an island ALL day and there was virtually ZERO adjustments out there! Right down to the last and first play of O.T. Even Ben throwing 40 times and completely GIVING up on the run game when Redman was a hot-hand at one point, especially that last drive in regulation. Time to make coaching adjustments. That's just all that's to it.

Ditto, Ike was on an island all day with no safety help. When Tebow had forever to throw, it's no wonder the WRs were open deep.

casteeler
01-08-2012, 10:05 PM

They may be ranked 32nd but they don't have 2 worthless CBs to make things simple on a QB a lot of people believe wouldn't make it to the 2nd half. Honestly when will the Steelers wake up and replace the two WORST defensive players on the team?

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 10:11 PM
They may be ranked 32nd but they don't have 2 worthless CBs to make things simple on a QB a lot of people believe wouldn't make it to the 2nd half. Honestly when will the Steelers wake up and replace the two WORST defensive players on the team?

Perhaps they should just let you play. I'm sure you could cover a first round draft pick for the extended periods of time Tebow was being afforded to throw the ball. Shut up.

casteeler
01-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Perhaps they should just let you play. I'm sure you could cover a first round draft pick for the extended periods of time Tebow was being afforded to throw the ball. Shut up.

I'm not payed loads of $$ to cover Recievers. You Shut up

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm not payed loads of $$ to cover Recievers. You Shut up

No you shut up (LOL). You can't cover them forever and Tebow had all the time in the world. Could've grilled himself up a steak back there in the pocket while he looked around trying to find a receiver.

casteeler
01-08-2012, 10:30 PM
No you shut up (LOL). You can't cover them forever and Tebow had all the time in the world. Could've grilled himself up a steak back there in the pocket while he looked around trying to find a receiver.

Yes, he had a lot of time on quite a few passes but Taylor and Gay were burned on some quick passes(something we have seen playing against competant QBs for the last couple of years) but that last pass in OT was not due to lack of pass rush

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
He should be able to cover them the whole time. Nobody on that team is a star receiver and Ike is supposedly a shut down corner, with Tebow throwing the ball the coverage should have been good enough. But there was no coverage at all. Ike was the MVP for the Broncos. I know it's just a bad game, as long as he wasn't throwing it like it looked, but in the playoffs there is no room for it and IMO we should be looking for another corner.

01-08-2012, 11:33 PM
What do Ike Taylor and this year's Christmas tree have in common?

They both get burned way too easily.

JCPsteelers
01-09-2012, 02:23 AM
Ike sucked ass today but to say he wouldn't give a crap is a little far. Ike is a professional and I'm sure is heartbroken at his performance today.

NoFieldFive
01-09-2012, 02:31 AM
who had the worst game of the 2 - Gay in last year's Super Bowl or Ike today?

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 02:40 AM
who had the worst game of the 2 - Gay in last year's Super Bowl or Ike today?

Go re-watch that Super Bowl. Our coverage was PICTURE PERFECT. Rodgers was fitting that football into a window that consisted of pin-point accuracy to do so. On the T.D over Gay today, Gay had perfect coverage as well.

Ike, obviously had one of the worst corner-play since Dewayne Washington and Chad Scott manned the position. Still, we helped him NONE! No adjustments, right down to the LAST PLAY! Cover 0 coverage, which means no safety present. Ike was on an island all day and judging by Tebow just throwing the ball up in the air and completing the deep ball consistently, we STILL didn't give Ike the help. Not once. Bad coaching all around. You can blame Ike all you want, it wasn't his day, but coaching could have helped the entire situation, and it didn't. They made it worse.

tanda10506
01-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Our coverage was far from picture perfect, but Ike was worst this game. Borderline looked like he was taking a "dive".

NoFieldFive
01-09-2012, 02:59 AM
in SB last year...whoever Gay was on....was it Nelson? whoever it was also dropped 2 or 3 balls. one would have been a td on opening drive.

Except for the game winner today Ike and even Gay on his TD coverage seemed to have tight coverage. Tebow threw some perfects strikes on those plays.

LoneHorseman
01-09-2012, 03:45 AM
I rarely post in here i, but I am of the mind that the team should reevaluate ALL the coaches, including Tomlin. His time management skills are atrocious, his lack of calling a timeout in the first half , where Denver had a first and goal from the nine with 2 min. left and got stuffed on the first down play, obvious timeout to stop the clock to let Ben and the offence have a legit shot at scoring before half, when they get the ball back, but Tomlin lets the clock count down??? Compare that to Fox's timeout call at 23 secs left right before the first half ended when his team stopped our offense on third down and didn't let us run down the clock to call our final timeout to try a 4th down Hail Mary and was praised for that smart call by Phil Simms. Tomlin would've never thought of that. All season, his game management with timeouts and suspect challenges have been head scratchers.

As for Lebeau, I still have nightmares about him trying one of his semi exotic blitzes on Flacco with 20 or so secs left in the game when the Rat Birds were on our 22 or so yard line and left our all pro DB Gay isolated with their speedy receiver. For FU@#n crying out loud Lebeau, make Flacco earn the last 22 yards or so by only rushing three guys and drop back into max coverage, FREAKIN 22 secs left in the game. Rat Birds only had 1 timeout left, max amount of plays they were going to get off in those circumstances was probably 3 plays to score a td if they were lucky. Just an absolute shit decision by Lebeau calling a delayed blitz with 5 guys, and Polumalu unfortunately decides to give safety help to the wromg man.

And don't get me even started on Arians!!!!

IowaSteeler927
01-09-2012, 05:46 AM
Yes, he had a lot of time on quite a few passes but Taylor and Gay were burned on some quick passes(something we have seen playing against competant QBs for the last couple of years) but that last pass in OT was not due to lack of pass rush

No it wasn't never said it was. It was a great play and throw to a receiver in stride against a defense that was stacking the box.

As for Lebeau, I still have nightmares about him trying one of his semi exotic blitzes on Flacco with 20 or so secs left in the game when the Rat Birds were on our 22 or so yard line and left our all pro DB Gay isolated with their speedy receiver. For FU@#n crying out loud Lebeau, make Flacco earn the last 22 yards or so by only rushing three guys and drop back into max coverage, FREAKIN 22 secs left in the game. Rat Birds only had 1 timeout left, max amount of plays they were going to get off in those circumstances was probably 3 plays to score a td if they were lucky. Just an absolute shit decision by Lebeau calling a delayed blitz with 5 guys, and Polumalu unfortunately decides to give safety help to the wromg man.

Didn't hear anyone complaining last year when Troy blitzed and slapped the ball out of Flacco's hand on one of Lebeau's "exotic" blitzes. Now we lose one game with a team severerly hindered by injuries and it's the end of the world.

DanRooney
01-09-2012, 05:51 AM
After getting burned for 210 yards+40 more yards pass interference call, do you think Dick LeBeau would finally help Ike put a safety over the top of Thomas next season?

IowaSteeler927
01-09-2012, 05:53 AM
After getting burned for 210 yards+40 more yards pass interference call, do you think Dick LeBeau would finally help Ike put a safety over the top of Thomas next season?

They needed to give him some help. Demaryius Thomas is like a Calvin Johnson clone. It was ridiculous to keep asking Ike to try and shut him down all game with the time Tebow had to throw the ball. A pash rush would've helped Ike out but they should've kept Troy back to help cover Thomas. I still think that the injuries hurt us more than anything else in this game.

isunormalil
01-09-2012, 09:15 AM
They needed to give him some help. Demaryius Thomas is like a Calvin Johnson clone. It was ridiculous to keep asking Ike to try and shut him down all game with the time Tebow had to throw the ball. A pash rush would've helped Ike out but they should've kept Troy back to help cover Thomas. I still think that the injuries hurt us more than anything else in this game.

The OT play was all about tackling. Chris Carter even said that Ike was playing him like he was Wes Welker. Thomas is a big WR...you can't take him down by pulling on his jersey. He needed to grab him anywhere it took to get him to the ground. I would have jumped on him like a horse! It's the play of the game...he can't score!