PDA

View Full Version : Told You Guys Steelers would lose

harts
01-08-2012, 08:35 PM
Yes I am the author of this post http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=82510

A Steeler fan since 1979
30+ years watching the Steelers.
This game was perfect for a loss and the Steelers were outplayed by the Broncos anyway.

Now Elway has to keep Tebow.
Which is a good thing.

Could we have beaten the Pats next week?
Well we beat them in the Reg Season
So obviously yes is the answer.
But we will never know

Were getting old
hint
Hines Ward --> :wave:
Brett Keisel --> :wave:
Casey Hampton --> :wave:
James Farrior --> :wave: (well maybe)
Larry Foote --> :wave:

Time to get rid of the old and get some new blood

We need more Young Money

steelbad@50
01-08-2012, 08:41 PM
Time to retool, like you said.

TRH
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
I wanted to win today, but in truth, i knew we had a good chance to lose and knew there was NO way we were getting past the next round. Alot of people had their heads in the sand, thinking miracles were going to happen.
The truth is, as of late, we got our a** handed to us by SF and we just barely beat the Browns. Also i noticed that throughout the week...on THIS board....many were posting as if we had already won this Denver game, looking to the 2nd round. And i'm thinking "What? seriously? Wake up people...lets get past this game already..."

Goldsteel86
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Yes I am the author of this post http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=82510

A Steeler fan since 1979
30+ years watching the Steelers.
This game was perfect for a loss and the Steelers were outplayed by the Broncos anyway.

Now Elway has to keep Tebow.
Which is a good thing.

Could we have beaten the Pats next week?
Well we beat them in the Reg Season
So obviously yes is the answer.
But we will never know

Were getting old
hint
Hines Ward --> :wave:
Brett Keisel --> :wave:
Casey Hampton --> :wave:
James Farrior --> :wave: (well maybe)
Larry Foote --> :wave:

Time to get rid of the old and get some new blood

We need more Young Money

You are a flipping douche, you really call yourself a Steeler fan, what did you do come here to gloat. You should be banned from this site, especially for just starting this thread, really????? You must be a Tebow fan!!! If you want to rub it in, rub your ass with your gloats, maybe it will help your F*****g hemmoroids!!!!

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 08:48 PM
How many new starters do you think we could get in the draft??? You're crazy- our team is still solid- had our D been able to keep Tebow off the field, we would still be playing- we should have done that by running the ball more...this loss is not due to our old players, but to poor offensive playcaling...If it works, keep doing it! 7.5 yards per rush and we pass so much! How is it our 30 year old + players fault here?

BKAnthem
01-08-2012, 08:55 PM
You are a flipping douche, you really call yourself a Steeler fan, what did you do come here to gloat. You should be banned from this site, especially for just starting this thread, really????? You must be a Tebow fan!!! If you want to rub it in, rub your ass with your gloats, maybe it will help your F*****g hemmoroids!!!!

Banned for what...having an Opinion? this board has enough Homers...all Steeler fans deserve a voice here..good and bad...

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 09:01 PM
get rid of Keisel and Hampton? really? our two best linemen by far.. everyone thought Hampton was getting too old, but he had a hell of a year. Keisel was a force in nearly every game this season.

Rick5895
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
get rid of Keisel and Hampton? really? our two best linemen by far.. everyone thought Hampton was getting too old, but he had a hell of a year. Keisel was a force in nearly every game this season.

I agree with you on Keisel, Keisel still has years left, he was a beast this year, hampton, IMO not so much although he played well this year but not to his usual standard., but we need to keep him as we have no real depth on the dline

btaylor179
01-08-2012, 09:04 PM
i agree and im a die hard....our defense is old.....56 and 92 didn't show up....we had NO PASS RUSH AT ALL......our offense has been inept since been got hurt and thats a fact....we got our asses handed to us by tebow...the pats will destroy them

silver & black
01-08-2012, 09:08 PM

It's a good thing you aren't a Raiders fan...... you'd never last. :chuckle:

silver & black
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I'll just post this here.

It was a fun game to watch, not being a fan of either team. I was really hoping the Steelers would crush Tebow mania today. I'm probably just as shocked as all of you about the outcome.

This sh*t all started with the Raiders letting Tebow back in to win at the end of the game. It's just snowballed from there.

I seriously doubt it goes any farther than this. NE will put an end to it.

Your team was hampered with injuries. Trust me..... I know all about trying to win when your starting roster is on the bench...lol.

Like they say..... nothing is guaranteed... it's why they play the games. better luck next year (seriously) and I hope we get to see each other in a meaningful playoff game.:drink:

Steelers24
01-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Expressing opinions is allowed.

lipps83
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Banned for what...having an Opinion? this board has enough Homers...all Steeler fans deserve a voice here..good and bad...

You must be new here. Let me give you a dose of reality.

If the Steelers lose it is probably due to one of the following:

a) [insert current commissioner name] and the rest of the NFL have it out for the Steelers.
b) The opposing team paid off the refs
c) The NFL paid off the refs
d) Ike Taylor sucks
e) CBS announcer covering game is anti-steeler and paid off the refs
f) The Patriots paid off the refs even though outcome of steelers game does not affect them
g) William Gay sucks
h) The other team is cheating and getting away with holding James Harrison every play
i) Keenan Lewis sucks
j) The Raiders paid off the refs even though outcome of steelers game does not affect them

In other words, the Pittsburgh Steelers do not lose football games. The other team or the NFL as a whole usually somehow cheats the Steelers out of a victory.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the true winners of all 46 Super Bowl trophies. What happened was the NFL found a clever way at some point during 40 of them for the Steelers to be eliminated from competition.

To be honest, the Steelers are the Super Bowl winners at the beginning of every season. The NFL season is actually a tournament to see if another team can win the trophy from them.

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
It's a good thing you aren't a Raiders fan...... you'd never last. :chuckle:

This^^^

Seriously guys, the refs absolutely took us out of this game. Normally we have bad calls, but that was the worst officiating game I have seen in any sport, any time. I'm not excusing the poor play by Harrison and Woodley, and I know we were injured, and the refs are the #1 cause for the loss in my opinion, but if Ike Taylor would have just covered his guy once or twice, let alone on most plays, we would have won! Ike Taylor is borderline deserving of a federal investigation, and I'm not even joking, a guy who has barely been burnt all year being 10 yards behind every no name receiver in the game??? Ike is the only person this game that may be worthy or a "head calling". This team needs one more o lineman that can play NOW, and I know it sounds like an overreaction, but we need another starting corner. There is no making up this performance for Ike Taylor, I know Harrison and Woodley should have had more pressure, but Ike was the Bronco's MVP. One more good lineman and a #1 CB that didn't receive a check on the side, we go into the playoffs healthy, we win the SB! In the most important time Ben played as if he wasn't hurt at all, the receivers finally showed up, and Redman carried well. Have no fear, this year the team played with the least heart, played the most injured, and made the stupidest calls (Arians) and we were still one play away from going to the second round. If we get rid of Arians, we win it next year. If we get a CB that can play lights out in the playoffs as well as the regular season we win, if the team other than Ben plays with heart we win! The loss hurts, and the stupidity of the loss hurts worse, but realize we are really close to another and if we just don't self inflect our wounds next year we got it. Stay strong Steeler nation, we just need the FO to wake up on Arians!

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 09:32 PM

a) [insert current commissioner name] and the rest of the NFL have it out for the Steelers.
d) Ike Taylor sucks
f) The Patriots paid off the refs even though outcome of steelers game does not affect them
g) William Gay sucks
h) The other team is cheating and getting away with holding James Harrison every play
i) Keenan Lewis sucks
j) The Raiders paid off the refs even though outcome of steelers game does not affect them

In other words, the Pittsburgh Steelers do not lose football games. The other team or the NFL as a whole usually somehow cheats the Steelers out of a victory.

The Pittsburgh Steelers are the true winners of all 46 Super Bowl trophies. What happened was the NFL found a clever way at some point during 40 of them for the Steelers to be eliminated from competition.

To be honest, the Steelers are the Super Bowl winners at the beginning of every season. The NFL season is actually a tournament to see if another team can win the trophy from them.

236 posts and you still had to wait till the Denver game to claim our excuses? Go F*ck yourself, it's band wagon bastards like yourself that we don't need here.

Eztarget
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
I think you can add Harrison to that list. They guy isn't getting any younger, has lost step and his petulance for making the stupid hit at the worst time ... for 15 yards ... see you.

Let's face it guys we have an aging team that had some good runs in the 2000's but we need to rebuild. We had a cream puff schedule this year which I think masked a lot of problems. We essentially won ONE big game all year against New England. That was it.

harts
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
I think you can add Harrison to that list. They guy isn't getting any younger, has lost step and his petulance for making the stupid hit at the worst time ... for 15 yards ... see you.

Let's face it guys we have an aging team that had some good runs in the 2000's but we need to rebuild. We had a cream puff schedule this year which I think masked a lot of problems. We essentially won ONE big game all year against New England. That was it.

Harrison was coming back from a bad back - I think he picked it up later in the year as I am assuming he was feeling better.

-- I am a realist Steeler Fan.
I remember we went into Denver in the AFC championship game and pulled out the shocker.

Thing is - for as long as I can remember (regardless of the coach) the Steelers have had a habit of playing down to the Competition

After the first series - I think we got complacent and thought it was going to be a cakewalk.

Like many said - we are getting old.
Time to retool

lipps83
01-08-2012, 09:49 PM
236 posts and you still had to wait till the Denver game to claim our excuses? Go F*ck yourself, it's band wagon bastards like yourself that we don't need here.

Wow, that was a pretty harsh response.

Been following the team for 30 years, not a bandwagoner but a realistic fan.

Of course, in the post you had just before this one blasting me, you blamed the refs.

Not only was it the "worst officiating in football" but you took it a step further and said "worst officiating game I have seen in any sport, any time"

Yeah, because everyone has it out for the Steelers.

Calls go both ways in just about every game, it just too bad you don't see the calls that go in the Steelers favor, just the ones that go against. I bet you feel that all of the calls in the Steelers favor during the Seahawks Superbowl were all 'correct calls'. Anybody that argues that they weren't (about 90% of the world) are just delusional. Right? Please tell me I am wrong.

But, just like I stated above, that isn't the reality some so-called Steelers fans live in. Its always this person or that person or this group or that group that has it out bad for the Steelers.

ricardisimo
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
No one gets banned for having opinions... not even moronic opinions.
Like they say..... nothing is guaranteed... it's why they play the games. better luck next year (seriously) and I hope we get to see each other in a meaningful playoff game.:drink:
That would be nice. :drink: :tt03: See you next year!

a) and the rest of the NFL have it out for the Steelers.
d) Ike Taylor sucks
g) William Gay sucks
i) Keenan Lewis sucks

You forgot: k) Bruce Arians is dumber that a bag of used testicles, and nowhere near as interesting.

If Bruce gets fired, all of this will be [I]so worth it!