PDA

View Full Version : Sorry guys, not a hater, but this loss is our OC's fault

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Our starting HB has a 7.5 yard average along with 100+ yards; and we still throw about 50 times this game.....no wonder we lost. Lifelong Steeler fan- and this one hurts...Especially as I live in CO...but as poor as our D was, we could have kept Tebow and their O off the field had we run the ball more....a 1st down every 2 plays- why throw so much????
:noidea:

OX1947
01-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Arians offense is bad, but the defense played horrible. Not having Ryan Clark in there was bigger then I thought. I'd say, that was the key to the game.

PeRK82
01-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Are you joking, the Defense didnt get done. The Offense looked pretty good to me. This is coming from an outside perspective. I'm in just as much disbelief, I was hoping for an AFC Championship between STEELER @ RAVENS.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Def played horrendous. Arians sucks, but he didnt lose the game.

Clarks play didnt cause Ike Taylor to play like a retard in a wheel chair. I do apologize for anyone here who is retarded and in a wheel chair, but trying to keep it in perspective.

We get any sacks? NO... Zero, nada, zilch. Minimal pressure, although harrison was held constantly, not one call. Not surprising. But the Def lost the game.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Once Ben figured out he could run and didnt hurt as bad, he played great. But Oline still has to protect.

steelfury02
01-08-2012, 07:53 PM
IMHO - that is one reason of many - what ticks me off is being at their 45 with a chance to get 1 or 2 plays to get a game winning field goal. A better team would have managed that situation a whole lot better. I give our Steelers credit for battling back after about 3 quarters of abysmal, uninspired football from both sides. They took the Broncos lightly and it was obvious they weren't prepared

Lastly - the injuries are a valid reason - there is only so much a team can over come. And yes, the Packers won with 15 on IR last year - but their QB wasn't hobbled. It is obvious that Ben hasn't been the same since Cleveland. We could have sat him - but he could have came out just as bad if not worse from rust. Hindsight is only 20/20.

Just got back from filling up the car with gas down here in MD - and the Ravens fans are drooling all over themselves. They had their car radios all on - turned way up and just about partying at the gas station over the Steelers loss. All I hope for is that they choke hard at home or in New England.

The one reasonable person was the gas station attendant - a Ravens fan - who reasonably said - any team with that many injuries would have lost - they've had some bad fortune so just settle down

it is what it is - everything that went wrong for us this season inevitably did

We still made the playoffs - but it just isn't our year. Let this be a lesson to the fans that were looking ahead to next week. Take the homer blinders off and realize that the Steelers are VERY capable of losing to teams considered worse than them. Plus - cmon - they were walking into a perfect storm

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 07:54 PM
Sorry but the D deserves its share of the blame. Allowing all those deep passes to get them deep in our territory? Completely unacceptable. Not defending the O since they were sluggish outside of Redman.

TRH
01-08-2012, 07:54 PM
well, we should have scored on that last drive, but....

for me, this loss was on the defense.
LeBeau = bad game plan.
Secondary = not good.
Defensive line/Linebackers = absolutely shameful, no pressure at all on Tebow. He stood back there ALL DAY LONG to throw.

We allowed them the 30 points for these reasons. So some bad playing calling here and there by Arians aside, this one's on the defense. That was horrendous.

Also, when everyone in the western hemisphere knows (except for our team, apparently) that Tebow will take off running when he can't find a receiver, what did our defense do? Why.....they left the middle of the field WIDE open for him to run through, thats what. He picked up a lot of critical yards that way.

MACH1
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
There's plenty of blame to go around in this one. Starting at the top with Tomlin. It seems to be a reoccurring theme of not being prepared, out coached and out played.

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 07:56 PM
You guys are all correct about our D playing a horrible game- but why were they out there so much in the first place? We had the ball 11 minutes of the 1st Q- we had a RB with 7+ yards per run, and our D could have sat. Bad game for our O,but bad playcalling IMO

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Lebeau cant do Taylors job, as Fox said, the players play. You think Leabaue yelled, DONT COVER THAT GUY?

I doubt it.

Taylor sucked! Not a probowl player, a probowl player doesnt ever play like that, ever. he was torched for 200 yards

madtowndrunkard
01-08-2012, 07:57 PM
There is two parts to this... First off a true leader pulls ben out of this game before it even started.... you could probably argue that last week a legit coach sits Ben and Pouncey, and Mendy.....

First half game plan was a fu@#$ng joke...... maybe the worst excuse for a game plan I've ever seen. Pathetic. If this was Kordel we'd be arguing over the fact that Kordel was our QB.... Now we have a legit HOF at QB and our coaching staff found a way to lose.. I am so ANGRY!

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Guys we gave up I believe 7 plays of 20+ yds on defense. I agree If we score everytime we could get by with this kind of defense but this is the real world where most teams do score in buches like Goodell wants, Every team is not the Saints or the Patriots or The Packers, but we did make the Broncos look like one of those three teams tonight.

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Ditto

EbonySteel86
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I agree!!! The run game was workin g, and they abandon it for some unknown reason! Why chuck the ball 30-40 yards with a one legged qb when the run game is avg. 5/6 yards a carry???? Why??? Granted the defense stunk up the place, but the run game would've prevented OT, IMO!

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Our bad offense still had an edge in TOP, more first downs, and more rushing yards, but that Elite QB Tebow had over 300 yars passing. Go figure lets blame the offense entirely for this mess tonight.

madtowndrunkard
01-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Beside the total offensive failure... why on earth were we not defending the deep pass in OT? Seriously why? We were burned 3 times prior.... first play in OT and we sell out on the run....that is what bad defenses do... I don't get it. Coaching debacle. pathetic failure.... sickening.... really sickening.

Steel95
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
There is two parts to this... First off a true leader pulls ben out of this game before it even started.... you could probably argue that last week a legit coach sits Ben and Pouncey, and Mendy..... First half game plan was a fu@#$ng joke...... maybe the worst excuse for a game plan I've ever seen. Pathetic. If this was Kordel we'd be arguing over the fact that Kordel was our QB.... Now we have a legit HOF at QB and our coaching staff found a way to lose.. I am so ANGRY!

What? If it wasn't for Ben, I don't even think they would have had a chance. Granted, they should have kept running the football. It seems as though #7 has to be the reason they win each game. He reminds me so much of Brett Farve. They should have kept running the football.