PDA

View Full Version : Relax everyone

Rick5895
01-08-2012, 07:59 PM
Yes we lost a game to the Broncos, and that hurts. We stunk on D, struggled early to score on offense, dropped balls, couldn't cover, were severely out coached. That happens.
I have read some truly bizarre things on this thread today from fire Lebeau, to replace Mendy with drafting a RB in the 1st round to cut Ike.
To quote the MNF pre game show..."C'MON MAN!!"

We are a spoiled lot as fans go, we think anything other than a super bowl victory is reason to blow up the coaches and team and bring in new guys. WE WILL BE BACK.!!!
We played this game without Mendy, Pouncey, Keisel, Hampton, Clark, Woodly at 75%, Ben at maybe 60%. Ike played his worst game as a Steeler We had dropped balls , that isn't the coaching staffs fault, we were horrible but at the end of the game we could have won, we were tied, had the ball on the Denver 45 and once again imploded.

I am sure there will be changes, anyone notice Hines on the sideline, he had the look of a guy who knew his career was over Aaron Smith will surely retire, maybe the same for Farrior. McFadden will be gone amongst others. Lebeau may just hang them up as well and Butler may well be our new DC.

I am proud to cheer and be a fan of the Steelers, I am still wearing my game day gear, will wear my jacket to work tomorrow, wear any one of my hats and face the razzing of any number of Broncos fans (3) I work with.

To all the negative , sky is falling, everyone on the Steelers sucks crowd, just go away, I am sure most of us don't need to hear your whiny bullsh!t!!

:tt04::tt02::tt::tt03:

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 08:01 PM
True that. Just gotta get healthy for next year.

stb_steeler
01-08-2012, 08:04 PM
Yes we lost a game to the Broncos, and that hurts. We stunk on D, struggled early to score on offense, dropped balls, couldn't cover, were severely out coached. That happens.
I have read some truly bizarre things on this thread today from fire Lebeau, to replace Mendy with drafting a RB in the 1st round to cut Ike.

We are a spoiled lot as fans go, we think anything other than a super bowl victory is reason to blow up the coaches and team and bring in new guys. WE WILL BE BACK.!!!
We played this game without Mendy, Pouncey, Keisel, Hampton, Clark, Woodly at 75%, Ben at maybe 60%. Ike played his worst game as a Steeler We had dropped balls , that isn't the coaching staffs fault, we were horrible but at the end of the game we could have won, we were tied, had the ball on the Denver 45 and once again imploded.

I am sure there will be changes, anyone notice Hines on the sideline, he had the look of a guy who knew his career was over Aaron Smith will surely retire, maybe the same for Farrior. McFadden will be gone amongst others. Lebeau may just hang them up as well and Butler may well be our new DC.

I am proud to cheer and be a fan of the Steelers, I am still wearing my game day gear, will wear my jacket to work tomorrow, wear any one of my hats and face the razzing of any number of Broncos fans (3) I work with.

To all the negative , sky is falling, everyone on the Steelers sucks crowd, just go away, I am sure most of us don't need to hear your whiny bullsh!t!!

Smartest thread on here tonight.........Amazing how the firing squad comes out when we loose.....Your right were spoiled......wonder what it be like if we went on to losing alot from here on out like in the 80's...Good Lord!

rocckbottomxmen
01-08-2012, 08:06 PM

I agree with what your saying and have said it many times...But our defensive game plan was terrible and I have been saying for yrs it time we let lebeau move on.
we have to much talent on this defense and thats starters and bench players for this tema to play the passive style he has been playing in the last few yrs

steelbad@50
01-08-2012, 08:10 PM

Steeler fans just need to vent, I find nothing wrong with that.

steelfury02
01-08-2012, 08:16 PM
sorry dude - but if you think the same coaching style and philosophies are getting us back to the SB you got the blinders on.

I'm not saying clean house- and I'm not underestimating the injuries - but a better OC would have been a whole lot better realizing our weaknesses and playing to the strengths.

Arians once again found something that was working, and decided to stop using it. Also - our offense was completely unprepared for being on the opponents 45 with a chance to get us the game winning FG. And really - did you think this offense was going to take us anywhere this season? They are the biggest group of underachievers in the NFL

steelerschik
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
sorry dude - but if you think the same coaching style and philosophies are getting us back to the SB you got the blinders on.

I'm not saying clean house- and I'm not underestimating the injuries - but a better OC would have been a whole lot better realizing our weaknesses and playing to the strengths.

Arians once again found something that was working, and decided to stop using it. Also - our offense was completely unprepared for being on the opponents 45 with a chance to get us the game winning FG. And really - did you think this offense was going to take us anywhere this season? They are the biggest group of underachievers in the NFL

No, absolutely not. But this isn't the end of the world. The Steelers are always contenders. They'll be back next year. There's way too much talent on this team. They aren't gonna be in the SB every year and they may not make the POs every year, but this isn't the end of the world. The only thing that sucks is that we lost to the worst team in the POs, but we damn near pulled out a win with many injuries and being down 20-6 at one point. Put this year into perspective, this wasn't our year, but it's far from being the death of the Steelers.

steelerchad
01-08-2012, 08:22 PM
All True. We are a spoiled bunch of fans. It just wasn't going to be our year. Too many injuries. We were beat up going in and had more drop during this game. We just need to refine a few spots, get healthy, have a little luck and we'll be all set for another playoff run next year.

In the last 45 years. The Steelers gave us playoff football 70% of the time. They make it to the Championship game 35% of the time. They make it to the SuperBowl 18% of the time, winning 75% when we get there.

Please realize that the Bengals and Redskins have had 2 playoff seasons in the last 20 years. The Lions made their first trip in 11 seasons this year and were 1 and done. The Broncos hadn't played a playoff game since we knocked them out in 05 until today, We've played in 10 playoff games since then.

Also, think about this.

Teams to never win a Super Bowl- 14 (almost half the league)
Bengals
Browns
Texans/Oilers
Titans
Jaguars
Bills
Chargers
Eagles
Lions
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Cardinals
Seahawks

I feel a little better.

Now let's go Texans and Saints. No Rats, Pats, or Pack this year. And for god's sake, no Harbowl please.

SwannWorth88
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM

This loss was far more on Lebeau and Tomlin than it was Arians. Not even close.

madtowndrunkard
Oh yea... we are better then the worst teams in the NFL.... that's good... so we aren't good enough to beat Denver...but we are good enough to be better then the worst teams in the league...with twice the talent and a probowl QB...we lost to a college team....thats good..... I'm better now. Go Tomlin!

btaylor179
still mad.....lol

steelerschik
01-08-2012, 08:26 PM
LOL, the harbawls won't be in the SB. The one thing this loss did today is pretty much ensure the Pats will be in the SB and will lose to the NFC rep, which won't be SF.

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 08:27 PM

I disagree with you completely, BUT while I accept we are spoiled- we have high expectations- nothing wrong with that is there?

madtowndrunkard
01-08-2012, 08:31 PM

Yea I agree....cause our offense putting up points like that...there's no reason we should have lost..... like the Saints winning....they won because of their defense right? LMFA...... if you think we lost because of our defense...then you are clueless.... we lost because of our entire team was lead by a plan destine for failure...... worst coaching I've seen in my life...period.

When you get out coached by a team with a college QB you need to look in the mirror...really.... Tomlin that was embarrassing. Tim Tebow just beat us......we have Ben as our QB!...... probowl LBs' and an MVP safety....we lost to Tebow!

BigRick
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
still mad.....lol

Me too! Hell I get mad every time the Steelers lose.:banging:

Rick5895
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM

I am not an Arians fan. But I am not willing to live in the negative. Changes are needed and B.A maybe one of them but it is tiresome reading negative irrational comments after a loss.

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 08:42 PM
All True. We are a spoiled bunch of fans. It just wasn't going to be our year. Too many injuries. We were beat up going in and had more drop during this game. We just need to refine a few spots, get healthy, have a little luck and we'll be all set for another playoff run next year.

In the last 45 years. The Steelers gave us playoff football 70% of the time. They make it to the Championship game 35% of the time. They make it to the SuperBowl 18% of the time, winning 75% when we get there.

Please realize that the Bengals and Redskins have had 2 playoff seasons in the last 20 years. The Lions made their first trip in 11 seasons this year and were 1 and done. The Broncos hadn't played a playoff game since we knocked them out in 05 until today, We've played in 10 playoff games since then.

Also, think about this.

Teams to never win a Super Bowl- 14 (almost half the league)
Bengals
Browns
Texans/Oilers
Titans
Jaguars
Bills
Chargers
Eagles
Lions
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers
Cardinals
Seahawks

I feel a little better.

Now let's go Texans and Saints. No Rats, Pats, or Pack this year. And for god's sake, no Harbowl please.

Yep, a lot we take for granted. We're spoiled and there's a good reason for that so I don't really fault people for being disappointed. Though I do wish people would come down from the ledge. This team has a lot more right with it than wrong with it.

defence
01-08-2012, 08:53 PM
Guys; every team plays to win a superbowl!! we couldnt do it last year and went one and out to a super inferior opponent this year!! Changes absolutely need to be made!! All coaches should be made accountable because when u lose to a shit team like the broncos; everyone knows that it was bad coaching!!

whitty hutton
01-08-2012, 09:02 PM
LOL, the harbawls won't be in the SB. The one thing this loss did today is pretty much ensure the Pats will be in the SB and will lose to the NFC rep, which won't be SF.

What a prophet you are. How did your prediction of Pitt beating Denver turn out? And what do the Harbaughs have to do with anything? You just brought them out of thin air

IowaSteeler927
01-08-2012, 09:05 PM

I agree with everything minus the comment about being outcoached. The players didn't execute the gameplan, that's not on the coaching staff.

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Like Annie sings "the sun will come out tomorrow" so with that I go to bed and in three months time this loss will not sting so bad. By the time the draft rolls around I will be fired up, and when next season comes I will be full of hope and anticipation. Love my Steelers like I do my family they may FU but I love them anyway, its just sometimes you cant defend family you just have to listen to their shortcomings.

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 09:13 PM
BTW I do not plan on sleeping for three months.LOL

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 09:24 PM
We were one step away from winning, if Arians wasn't our OC, or if Ike covered his guy once or twice, we win. Or even if the 5 lineman cover the 3 rushers once or twice we win. We were not outcoached, the OC absolutely sucked, but LeBeau had the exact gameplan in place, we should have slaughtered the Broncos, but Ike Taylor and Gay got beat for big plays all day, and that's why we lost. Gay tried hard, but Ike just borderline threw the game. There is no reason to panic, Pouncey in the game, Ike not getting burnt/throwing the game, Arians not wrecking the offense, our pass rushers getting there once in a while, any of that stuff, just one of them, and we win. This is a great team and for the most part we have a great coaching staff. There are a lot of flaws on this team, but far less than on most, we just have to correct a few of them and we are champs! I will probably change my mind in the morning, but I think we will be right back into it and just have to make a few COMMON SENSE decisions.