PDA

View Full Version : Thanks everyone

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to all the true Steelers fans who stuck by the team since week one of this season, and thanks for your kindness and maturity. I really enjoy this forum, and i'll be back around next season, and likely throughout the offseason.

Today's game was an absolutely amazing game played by both teams, and I congratulate Denver on a hard fought win. Sure, i'm still in a state of shock right now, but happy to have made the playoffs this year at all. We rallied are way back into this one and made a game of it, and because of that this loss hurts more than ever.

But one thing is for sure, is that through thick and thin, i'll always stick by my Steelers. I'll stick by my head coach, my quarterback and my team. It's easy to blame one guy for this loss, but this sport is a team sport, and today we lost as a team. Thanks again for all the discussions throughout this season, and i'll be back for some offseason talk as soon as i've finished this bottle of whiskey, and completed my week of moping around in sorrow.

:tt02:

See ya soon Steelers fans! Go Houston!

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 09:17 PM
And on a a side-note: #33 really stepped it up a notch today. I think this second half gameplan was a VERY good gameplan, and i'd like to see more of that for next season. I hope we keep Cotchery, i'll be grabbing his jersey this offseason.

harrison'samonster
01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
It's been a memorable season, unfortunate on the ending. It could have been worse though. There's always next year! At least we follow a team that has next season to look forward to.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
It's been a memorable season, unfortunate on the ending. It could have been worse though. There's always next year! At least we follow a team that has next season to look forward to.

We will always be the team nobody wants to play in the playoffs, and I got to hand it to Tebow, he played like a champion out there today. Sure, you can say it was our defense, but plays we're made. I have a good feeling about next year, and an even better feeling i'm going to get drunk tonight, and SOON

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 09:26 PM
And as for changes in coaching, I support starting fresh as much as the next guy, and I wouldn't mind if changes we're made, but in all honesty, I don't think it's as much the coaching as it was the set-back's that resulted in this season's early exit. I think we're going to have to find a way to stay healthy next year, and probably retire some veterans and prepare younger guys for regular season action.

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Classy post Bayz. Wished more people were like you in times like these.

harrison'samonster
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
HAAHHA nice. Good luck with that whiskey! And it is nice to cheer for a team that other teams don't want to play against. Tebow had his best game in the NFL against us, and that was the ONLY way they were going to win against us.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 09:35 PM
Classy post Bayz. Wished more people were like you in times like these.

Thanks man. I've suffered through the '09 seasons= and seasons before, and since then, i've just learned to be thankful we made it to post-season play. I really enjoyed the hell out of today's game, and man oh man am I excited about Redman! That gun runs like Mendy, but he's as strong as an ox! 100+ yards in the playoffs against a great defense is a great resume for a young running back.

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
Good post. This is our team. Always faithful.

Fire Arians
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Good post, agree on all points, but can't give the Broncos much credit. they were an 8-8 team skidding into the playoffs riding an embarrassing losing streak. Maybe when the sting goes away but this one was bad.

Bayz101
01-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Good post. This is our team. Always faithful.

Through thick and thin! :tt:

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Through thick and thin! :tt:

Good times and bad.

zcoop
01-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Good times and bad.

I'm with ya. New to the board but a life long Steeler (Since '69). Not happy about the results this year but we always bounce back.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Good post, agree on all points, but can't give the Broncos much credit. they were an 8-8 team skidding into the playoffs riding an embarrassing losing streak. Maybe when the sting goes away but this one was bad.

As much as I don't want to give them credit, they just beat us. Or maybe Jesus beat us, who know's. I though J.C. was a Steelers fan!??

TRH
01-09-2012, 08:36 AM

i can't either. They're going to get blown away in their next game.
We gave them this one...handed it to them on a platter.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
i can't either. They're going to get blown away in their next game.
We gave them this one...handed it to them on a platter.

Considering the circumstances in which we played under, we're lucky it wasn't a blow out. Hell, if it wasn't for Ben's urgency, we wouldn't have tied the damn game. It was him that led that team down the field numerous times in the second half, and it was him that delivered that excellent pass over two people to Cotchery's hands at the end.

It was him that did all this on a bad ankle. Injuries got the best of us this year, and it's something we'll need to avoid if we're planning on making it further next year.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 08:57 AM
As much as a lot of us don't want to give credit to Tebow and the Broncos for this win: We lost, they won. That's good enough reason for me to give them credit and wish them well, even if we did crap the bed.