PDA

View Full Version : I feel better now, whew!!!! Tomlin said..

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 08:17 PM
Tomlin: "We accept responsibility for the loss." :blah:

Thank Fing God, because here I thought I was Fing joysticking the Def around the wrong Fing way, lol.

So its not my fault, because Mike takes FULL, not PARTIAL, but FULL responsibility.

Wow, do I feel better as I thought I ruined every Steeler fans playoff season, lol:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging::b anging:

truesteelerfan
01-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Who is WE? The coaching staff? So does that mean you're going to resign or improve? I like Tomlin and LeBeau....what exactly does he mean by that statement? He HAS to accept responsiblitiy for it...as much as I was screaming at flags, or non-flags that were Goodell's calls to the officials, who's else fault is it?

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Only heard is customary PC clip after a loss. Was waiting for the nfl network to play the conference but got tired of waiting.

Im assuming We is the team and coaching, but usualy he speaks for himself. He takes responsibility.

Im just gald he didnt blame me, lol

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 08:36 PM
Wow. Didn't see that coming. I thought Jesus was the reason we lost...?

harrison'samonster
01-08-2012, 08:37 PM
maybe Tomlin was anticipating Tommy Maddox being made into a scapegoat and he wanted to step in front of that. I really respect him for that.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Well, Tebow did have the powers to be on his side, lol.

Someone helped him. Last 3 weeks he couldnt hit a barn, today he tossed the ball through a Fing keyhole, lol

tomlin couldve went the creative route and said that, lol. How can we defend that?LOL

Ricco Suavez
01-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Tomlin, "We lost tonight because my players could not perform even the simplest schemes, the defensive front could not get pressure on Tebow, the secondary just waved at their WRs as they ran by, Ben did not complete every pass and could not shake off their Defensive linemen, my O.C. was too timid or too bold with his game plan. The Rooneys drafted this line we cannot run consistently behind, I inherited too many of Cowhers rejects. In other words none of this is my fault."

Really what is suppose to say, we all seen it. You cannot sugar coat what this team did.

FightFan27
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
I'm glad Tomlin took responsibility now maybe the Rooneys will take responsibility for this jacka** coach they hired . But they'll probably give him an extension

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 08:50 PM
WE SUCKED TODAY!

I apologize because WE SUCKED TODAY!

My shut down Corner, names IKE TAYLOR, SUCKED TODAY!

My QB, Big Ben, decided to play in the 2nd half. He SUCKED in the first half.

My Center is a P#ssy, he SUCKED TODAY on the bench. We had to play with a center who SUCKED even more today.

We will make changes this off season, big changes!

I would be happy with that, he can use it if he likes so he doesnt have to think about it. Not he takes FING responsibility, lol

ricardisimo
01-08-2012, 09:34 PM
You people are drama queens, and are providing some monumentally entertaining reading material to all of the Rat, Cheat and Donko fans peeking in here. Control yourselves, please. We've had another great season, fell short of the Super Bowl. It happens.

LayingTheWoodley56
01-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Say the same thing here as I will on every other thread. If you're saying to fire Lebeau or Tomlin, you are an idiot. Plain and simple.

Steel_Bus_24
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
We are dangerously getting close to "Cowboy Territory" with all the FFing playing down to the competition with our Talent level

Im tired all the ffffing sleepwalking we do out there for huge stretches of games......Its time to grow the hell up and develop an NFL gamplan and execute and win big games again

NoFieldFive
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
'we did not run the bubble screen enough. 5 more bubble screens and this game was ours. I thought Bruce and I had an understanding....keep running the play until we get positive yardage. next year expect to see that play called A LOT more'

steelax04
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
You people are drama queens, and are providing some monumentally entertaining reading material to all of the Rat, Cheat and Donko fans peaking in here. Control yourselves, please. We've had another great season, fell short of the Super Bowl. It happens.

No it doesn't. The Steelers should win the Super Bowl every year or else the entire staff should be fired and all the players be cut. :chuckle:

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 10:47 PM
I almost cried

86_WARD
01-08-2012, 11:28 PM
We need a coach like Cowher who can bring emotion.

Danny136200
01-08-2012, 11:35 PM
I'm glad Tomlin took responsibility now maybe the Rooneys will take responsibility for this jacka** coach they hired . But they'll probably give him an extension

Maybe because he deserves one? IDK playoffs four out of five years is not bad at all, and also two AFC championship wins (as much as cowher had in his 15 year tenure) and a super bowl win. Not bad for a terribad coach.

Gingerchip
01-08-2012, 11:47 PM
You people are drama queens, and are providing some monumentally entertaining reading material to all of the Rat, Cheat and Donko fans peeking in here. Control yourselves, please. We've had another great season, fell short of the Super Bowl. It happens.

As a "newbie", I have to agree. We can't win the division or superbowl every year----Geesh! Now having said that and made a few enemies in the process (JK guys) -- I had to miss most of the game due to a neighbor's emergency (I had to watch her kids), I saw us make the two field goals, then saw Ben throw an interception (I think 2nd quarter), then saw Cotchery catch a pass in the endzone to tie up the game. And the rest was, well, history. Will someone please objectively tell me what went wro ng. Was it the defense? Ben? WR's? what? I posted this plea on another forum hoping someone will take pity on me and give me the scoop. Please be nice as I am new and a girl (which means I cry easily ;)

Thanks!

tanda10506
01-09-2012, 01:04 AM
I blame Tomlin for some of the lack of heart problems we have this year and for keeping Arians around. That said I don't think we could find better. We've been to the playoffs 4 out of 5 years yes, but two seasons were one and done and the other one he forgot to have the team prepared for the SB. I'm not unnapreciative, that's better than most that's why I said we couldn't find better, but anybody who thinks he's a great coach is kidding themselves. Cowher had equally great defenses, but never the offensive players we had this year, and I do think we would be better with him back. Since that's not going to happen, I do think that we will be fine with Tomlin, and the minute we get a new OC, Tomlin will be looking a lot better.

JCPsteelers
01-09-2012, 01:20 AM
We need a coach like Cowher who can bring emotion.

Yes Cowher brought a lot of emotion when losing home afc championship games.

Whodis
01-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Tomlin: "We accept responsibility for the loss." :blah:

Thank Fing God, because here I thought I was Fing joysticking the Def around the wrong Fing way, lol.

So its not my fault, because Mike takes FULL, not PARTIAL, but FULL responsibility.

Wow, do I feel better as I thought I ruined every Steeler fans playoff season, lol:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging::b anging:

I was pissed this morning, but I ill warm and cuddly now coach!! Have a great off season!

isunormalil
01-09-2012, 06:48 AM
In OT, you can't get beat for a 80n yard YD pass. Taylor should have committed a hold or anything to stop him from getting beat like a drum. KNowing the only thing that can end your season without a chance to put your offense on the field is a TD...you can't let Thomas get behind you in one on one coverage. The worst part of the play was it happened not once, but all night!

Rockonsteel
01-09-2012, 07:01 AM
In OT, you can't get beat for a 80n yard YD pass. Taylor should have committed a hold or anything to stop him from getting beat like a drum. KNowing the only thing that can end your season without a chance to put your offense on the field is a TD...you can't let Thomas get behind you in one on one coverage. The worst part of the play was it happened not once, but all night!

He actually didn't "get behind him" per se. He slanted straight across him face, stiff-armed him rudely, and proceeded to pull away from him down the sideline leaving smoke in his face. I will say this, covering a crossing route against a receiver with speed is one of the toughest things for a CB to do. But Ike is supposed to have elite speed. He didn't on that play. He played it wrong from the beginning. He dropped off immediately at the snap, and took a step back towards the sideline, giving Thomas both a clean release and inside leverage which meant Ike was in chase mode from the word go. Once Ryan Mundy made the mistake of coming too low into the box, that was all she wrote. Ike was abused all game, for sure, but he sure as hell didn't get any help from the pass rushers. See ya next season. Good night. :wave::mad:

Rockon

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 07:14 AM

That was actually on Mundy. He was supposed to fake a blitz and then drop back into underneath coverage on that receiver. However, he was late on the fake and late dropping back into coverage leaving Ike out there looking like a fool.

TRH
01-09-2012, 07:18 AM
His militant "we accept responsibility for the loss" (no s**t, who do you THINK is going to accept responsibility? the fans? the hot dog vendors?) and "stay the course" statements are getting really, really old.
How about instead, the team makes the needed adjustments that we refuse to make?

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 07:27 AM
His militant "we accept responsibility for the loss" (no s**t, who do you THINK is going to accept responsibility? the fans? the hot dog vendors?) and "stay the course" statements are getting really, really old.
How about instead, the team makes the needed adjustments that we refuse to make?

What adjustments do you suggest the coach makes for a quarterback forcing the ball into coverage? For a #1 wide receiver dropping wide open passes? For a safety gambling and losing on a 30 yard pass to a tight end?

isunormalil
01-09-2012, 07:32 AM
If I am Ike...I jump on him like a jockey and ride him to the ground. He was close enough to Thomas that he could have stopped him.

Ike has been solid this year because the defense hasn't allowed QB's 6 seconds to throw. Yesterday, they only blitzed 3-4 players most of the day. They gave Tebow way to much time to throw the ball! He should have that kind of time to throw the ball down the field. Watch and see what the Patriots do to him!

TRH
01-09-2012, 07:34 AM
What adjustments do you suggest the coach makes for a quarterback forcing the ball into coverage? For a #1 wide receiver dropping wide open passes? For a safety gambling and losing on a 30 yard pass to a tight end?

lol. We had FAAAAAAAR greater problems last night than Ben. Ben didn't play that bad for the most part.
On the other hand, our defense SUCKED. Zero pass rush. None. We continually let the middle of the field WIDE open so Tebow, when he couldn't find an open receiver, just ran right through it (when everybody in America and even 3rd world countries KNEW thats what he was going to do...)....yet, there were no adjustments made throughout the game (as usual). So don't throw the blame on our QB.....they scored 30 points on us. Look right at the defense, my friend....they lost the game.
I think anybody, Pittsburgh fans or not, all agree that Tomlin's coaching was sub-par (at best) last night

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 07:44 AM
lol. We had FAAAAAAAR greater problems last night than Ben. Ben didn't play that bad for the most part.
On the other hand, our defense SUCKED. Zero pass rush. None. We continually let the middle of the field WIDE open so Tebow, when he couldn't find an open receiver, just ran right through it (when everybody in America and even 3rd world countries KNEW thats what he was going to do...)....yet, there were no adjustments made throughout the game (as usual). So don't throw the blame on our QB.....they scored 30 points on us. Look right at the defense, my friend....they lost the game.
I think anybody, Pittsburgh fans or not, all agree that Tomlin's coaching was sub-par (at best) last night

Are you a total Ben homer? We're lucky that 1st int wasn't returned for 6 points. 99 times out of 100 Bailey comes down with that int in the endzone. Although, even if he had you would probably blame the defense. First and 10 with 30 seconds to play and we need 10 yards for the win. And the supposed elite QB that didn't "play that bad" went backwards 20 yards, but it's the coach's fault.

TRH
01-09-2012, 07:44 AM
doesn't matter.
Bottom line is that the defense lost the game...period. Beyond horrific.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 07:47 AM
doesn't matter.

Well, the offense didn't show up until halftime, and defense wasn't really their all day. If anything the Bronco's mistakes prevented them form scoring more when they did. However, look at the squad we've played with all year. Injuries on both sides of the ball, all year long, and a majority of them on starting players. I'd say with a healthy Steelers team, this wouldn't have happened. But, due to age, a healthy team may be to much to ask for.

plenewken
01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
doesn't matter.

A QB with a 75 passer rating and 6 friggin points at 1/2 time in a playoff game? ? A QB who threw into double coverage 3 or 4 times and was lucky to be INT only once? (review the play just before Cotchery's TD). A QB who took 2 sacks, committed 1 fumble and threw 4 ft over Ward's head with 1mn to go when all he had to do is move the ball 10 yds for a FG? Please!

A playoff game is when I want to see $100M worth of production from our QB and I don't see it.
We should have had 14pts after the 1st quarter. Rodgers, Brees and Brady would have easily torched them early in the game. I'm sorry.

TRH
01-09-2012, 08:20 AM
A QB with a 75 passer rating and 6 friggin points at 1/2 time in a playoff game? ? A QB who threw into double coverage 3 or 4 times and was lucky to be INT only once? (review the play just before Cotchery's TD). A QB who took 2 sacks, committed 1 fumble and threw 4 ft over Ward's head with 1mn to go when all he had to do is move the ball 10 yds for a FG? Please!

A playoff game is when I want to see $100M worth of production from our QB and I don't see it.
We should have had 14pts after the 1st quarter. Rodgers, Brees and Brady would have easily torched them early in the game. I'm sorry.

so it was OK that our defensive backfield put in an "F" performance and our LB's And DL couldn't even touch the QB??? That pass rush (rather lack of....) was the game-loser in my book.
They scored 30 pts on our D.....not our offense. Offense was more in the mediocre/adequate range last night, but the defense put in a humiliating effort. I'm done discussing this. This one's on the defense. End of story, end of discussion.

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 08:26 AM
so it was OK that our defensive backfield put in an "F" performance and our LB's And DL couldn't even touch the QB??? That pass rush (rather lack of....) was the game-loser in my book.
They scored 30 pts on our D.....not our offense. Offense was more in the mediocre/adequate range last night, but the defense put in a humiliating effort. I'm done discussing this. This one's on the defense. End of story, end of discussion.

like a two year old sticking fingers in his ears lalalallalalallalalala

plenewken
01-09-2012, 08:42 AM

No it's no OK but our O was far from being OK. Imagine what a Brees or a Rodgers would have done in the 1st quarter when our D was consistently stopping the Broncos.
Then, when Tebow woke up, our D played poorly, that's a fact, but nonetheless, they gave Ben 1 huge opp at the end of the game to win it, and he blew it.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. That's when the $100M must be earned.