PDA

View Full Version : We Don't Deserve Anything This Season

RichardCullinanForever
01-08-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm honestly not that upset after the loss to the Broncos. Every important game we played this season, we sucked.

We got destroyed by the Ravens in week one. A win would have given us an early lead in the division.

When the division was practically on the line, we lose to the Ravens once again. A win would have given control, if not a lot better of a shot, at winning the division.

The game against the 49'ers was our shot at controlling the AFC, one of the worst Steeler performances in recent memory.

The playoff game against the Broncos. Didn't show up to play. Kiss the season goodbye.

My point is, don't argue about the refs, the injuries, the dropped balls. We lost EVERY single game that mattered this year. And with our weak schedule, we were lucky to win 12 games this year. We sucked all season, honestly. And before you start complaining about my negativity, I'm optimistic about next season, but we got to get rid of our D and O coordinators, and we have to have a hell of a good draft. Disappointed. Cheers.

BigRick
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I'm honestly not that upset after the loss to the Broncos. Every important game we played this season, we sucked.

We got destroyed by the Ravens in week won. A win would have given us an early lead in the division.

When the division was practically on the line, we lose to the Ravens once again. A win would have given control, if not a lot better of a shot, at winning the division.

The game against the 49'ers was our shot at controlling the AFC, one of the worst Steeler performances in recent memory.

The playoff game against the Broncos. Didn't show up to play. Kiss the season goodbye.

My point is, don't argue about the refs, the injuries, the dropped balls. We lost EVERY single game that matter this year. And with our weak schedule, we were lucky to win 12 games this year. We sucked all season, honestly. And before you start complaining about my negativity, I'm optimistic about next season, but we got to get rid of our D and O coordinators, and we have to have a hell of a good draft. Disappointed. Cheers.

You make some very good points. But to lose like we did to a team like the Broncs and their half assed QB STILL CHAPS MY ASS!!:banging:

Eztarget
01-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Our 12-4 record came because of a cream puff schedule with the likes of the Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, KC, Peytonless Colts... we lost all our big games except the Patriot game.

The brutal truth is our defense is old in a lot of key positions. How many more years do we think Aaron Smith can play one game for us and then be out for the year. Troy is constantly hurt, Harrison is hurt and lost a step ... the list goes on. Our run defense showed it's age this year.

Sorry but it's time to rebuild before Ben is too old as well.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Well next years schedule is cream puff too.

When you say WE dont deserve, you must mean the steelers organization.

AS WE the fans pay a tremendous amount of money, and we as Steeler fans deserve to win every game, lol. At least 2 in the playoffs, lol Not lose to a pos team like the broncos

shovelnose
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM

We got destroyed by the Ravens in week one. A win would have given us an early lead in the division.

My point is, don't argue about the refs, the injuries, the dropped balls. We lost EVERY single game that mattered this year. And with our weak schedule, we were lucky to win 12 games this year. We sucked all season, honestly. And before you start complaining about my negativity, I'm optimistic about next season, but we got to get rid of our D and O coordinators, and we have to have a hell of a good draft. Disappointed. Cheers.

That pretty much sums it up. I agree though injuries were pretty bad this year. Above average as far as injuries go for a team. I will still sleep well tonight as my family is well and the Steelers will be back next year. :tt02:

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Our 12-4 record came because of a cream puff schedule with the likes of the Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, KC, Peytonless Colts... we lost all our big games except the Patriot game.

The brutal truth is our defense is old in a lot of key positions. How many more years do we think Aaron Smith can play one game for us and then be out for the year. Troy is constantly hurt, Harrison is hurt and lost a step ... the list goes on. Our run defense showed it's age this year.

Sorry but it's time to rebuild before Ben is too old as well.

We are not too old, Smith will be gone and Farrior probably will as well. Harrison has not lost a step, he's the best OLB in the game in spite of getting held every play. Polamalu didn't miss much this year, Keisel is old and had his best season ever, Hampton will be gone and McClendon looks promising. Our defense will be fine. I agree though that 12-4 came from an easy schedule, we lost every important game other then the Pats as mentioned, never once rose to the occasion all season, and played down to every body. The offense was the main reason for our problems all season, but the defense wasn't completely innocent. Ike was suspicious that game, that's how bad it was. If he just plays as good as Gay, if the refs don't screw us over, if we just don't throw the screen and run up the gut on shotgun, WE WIN!!!! Have faith, we have a great QB and a great defense, except for maybe Taylor, we will be back strong next year. We have been winning in spite of a lot of things, if we correct just one, let alone all of them, we are champs! Carry on everybody, this isn't the end of the road!:tt03:

steelcity1974
01-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Perfect post...spot on.

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
tomlin always says "style points don't count , a win is a win " ... that is true to a point, but when your winning ugly week after week to what should be inferior opponents , sooner or later you gotta wonder why your barely beating bottom feeders and address the problems. either your not that talented , or the coaches aren't bringing thje talent out of you . i vote the latter.

TRH
01-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Regretfully, i have to agree.
Even a bunch of our wins, we BARELY won. And we got embarrassed on national TV every time we played this season. Hopefully, its a wake up call.
We certainly didn't look like we wanted it, either. I'm glad we didn't go to Foxboro next week and get our asses handed to us (like we would have...). We would have never heard the end of it.

Tomlin has to stop the "stay the course" BS. There ARE certain adjustments that we need to make (that we refuse to make).

plenewken
01-09-2012, 07:03 AM

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::