PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else excited for the off season?

zero1
01-08-2012, 10:26 PM
Long time lurker, first time poster.

First off, it sucks that we lost but the Broncos earned the win. I guess I would rather lose at Denver than lose at New England or Baltimore. I really didn't feel all that confident in the teams Super Bowl chances this post season since the MNF game at San Fransisco.

I'm very excited for next season as the team should be much younger than it was this season. I think we are definitely going to be contenders next season.

Offensively, we obviously need to upgrade the offensive line. We are set at QB, RB, WR, and TE for the next few years. We should try and find an upgrade at K but I'm okay with Suisham. We should also look into finding a long term solution at P. Sepulveda is great when healthy but we can't keep paying him to sit on IR for over half the season.

Defensively is where I am most excited to see what happens in the off season. Are McLendon and Hood going to replace Hampton and Smith or will the FO look at others others outside the organization to replace them? What will be made of Farrior? I love the guy and he is a great leader but his age is catching up with him and he is a liability in coverage. Will they finally look into upgrading the secondary this off season or will they once again draft a corner or two that is looked at as a project that may be a starter in 2-3 years leaving us with another season of Gay and McFadden at corner?

I think the offense can really be something special next season. If they can upgrade the OL and give Ben better protection I can see Ben throwing for 4,500+ next season. Will Cotchery be back next season? I can't recall if he signed a 1 or 2 year deal. Hines will likely be gone which is sad because I almost feel like I grew up with the guy but overall it is for the best. Antonio Brown I think is our best WR at this point and should be the #1 next season with Wallace the #2. I really like Redman. Hopefully, he earned himself some more carries next season. The talent is there to be an elite offense capable of matching New Orleans, New England, Green Bay, etc.

So, what say you Steelers Fever? Anyone else agree with me or do you guys think I'm crazy?

mesaSteeler
01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
I can't excited as long as the Airhead is the OC.

zero1
01-08-2012, 10:38 PM
I can't excited as long as the Airhead is the OC.

I just don't get how some days we have such a great gameplan and others we don't. Any chance they will replace him this off season? If so, that would make me even more excited for next season.

Bobtown
01-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Seriously? 20mm over the cap.

TRH
01-08-2012, 10:48 PM
i'm excited for anything thats not a complete debacle like today was...

So, YES. I'm very interested in whatever changes we will be making

Fire Arians
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
If we can arians that will be a good start

SteelerEmpire
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Lets bring back Holmes !!! lol

DanRooney
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
The offense has got to change. I pray our new OC tries to mimic a NE and NO type offense and changes the way Ben plays. He was pretty awful in the red zone this year. The real elite QBs around the league are throwing for twice as many TDs. Throwing for yards is a luxury stat. You need to score points.

zero1
01-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Seriously? 20mm over the cap.

Will we really be that far over with Smith, Ward, Hampton, Sepulveda and others all likely gone?