PDA

View Full Version : Shut up EVERYBODY

LayingTheWoodley56
01-08-2012, 09:29 PM
I just came onto this board without logging in, in hopes that I wouldn't feel the need to say anything in the heat of the moment. After less than two minutes, though, I can't help myself.

We lost tonight to a team that at full strength we are leaps and bounds better than. I was supremely confident all week that this game wouldn't even be close. I was dead wrong, clearly.

For anyone to sit here and say that: we should
- FIRE DICK LEBEAU!? For what?? For producing a first-ranked defense yet again with an aging core and not nearly as much overall effectiveness as years past? Does anyone have any loyalty? Continuity is what this franchise is built on. It's what has borne 8 playoff appearances in 11 years, quite remarkable in today's NFL. If you think we need to fire Lebeau, you are a moron, plain and simple.
- CUT IKE TAYLOR!? After his finest season!? He had a bad game today. It happens, people. He should have made that tackle, without a doubt. He didn't play well all night. I'm stunned that we gave up 29 points to an offense that we should have shut out. It's inexcusable. It's not even close to a reason to cut a corner that's been holding it down for us solid since 2005, and a guy who just had his best year.

I'm devastated, like we all are. I'm very upset that we lost this game. But if you're sitting here calling for the team to be blown up after this lose, after winning 12 games this season when everybody thought we were done, we don't need your kind in Steeler Nation.

INJURIES! What if we have Mendenhall, though Redman had a great game, like I thought he would? What if we had Pouncey, our best offensive lineman who was just named an All-Pro? What about if we don't lose two-thirds of our defensive line in the first quarter, or if we have a healthy Woodley? It's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME! And that's without even mentioning our biggest problem, which was our crippled quarterback! The guy could barely walk, and he showed he has bigger balls out of anyone by even gutting it out AND leading an unbelievable comeback to tie this motherf--king football game and give us even a chance to win. If we're healthy, we blow there asses out.

Bottom line is, while so many of you may root for laundry, I root for these guys. Ike is still my boy, and I look forward to having him back next season after such a great one this year. I look forward to witnessing William Gay further develop. Farrior, Hines, A Smith, and whoever else may be gone after this year due to age, THANK YOU, and if you read the fairweather BS coming from this board, ignore it and remember what great, Super Bowl winning Steelers you have been.

I love my team, plain and simple, and that never, ever changes. I took off my #86 jersey tonight right after the game, only because I always do right after games. I put another Steelers shirt right on. I am so sick of all the front-running, criticism-filled fans on this board and across our fanbase. I'm sick that we lost tonight, like we all are. The mistakes we made were unacceptable. They are also no reason to forget that we are Pittsburgh Steeler fans, and that is unconditonal!

Here's to 2012

TRH
01-08-2012, 09:36 PM
I wouldn't say fire LeBeau, i think those are just emotional people talking right now. But i do have to agree....he needs to make some changes during games. We rarely make halftime adjustments and other teams are starting to gameplan on our defense and its working. Look at the softie teams we beat this year, aside from the Pats. We were NOT a 12-4 team. We are more like a 7-8 team. LeBeau left the middle of the field wide open today to let Tebow run right threw it....and didn't cover it, even after we got burned repeatedly.

Can't cut Ike either. He had a horrible game and deserves called out as such....but all in all had an excellent year. That must have sucked not being able to look over and see Ryan Clark out there. Ike definitely needs to work on his "creating turnover" skills. Thats an achilles heel.

I wouldn't call for either one to "go", but neither had a good day at all, today.

desTROY43
01-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Well put. I took my game shirt off too, only to put my Steeler sleep shirt on. We wouldn't have made it this far without those players. I will have a hard time sleeping tonight knowing that it's gonna be several months until i can root for the Black and Gold again. Although i'm hoping that some of the weak spots are gonna be addressed over the off season.

casteeler
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
Yea, emotional is a good way to discribe the fans on our forum and for good reason. Redman played one hell of a game, Ben looked good in the second half and the Recievers ( thumbs up to Sanders) progress as well as we could have hoped!
I am still waiting for our CBs to play a great game against someone not named Tyler Palko.

Fire Arians
01-08-2012, 09:50 PM
Lebeau's #1 defense gave up a 92 yard drive vs the ravens, failed to make a stop when we needed it.

Made tebow look like john elway

Almost blew a lead vs the formidable Tyler palko

Failed to get a sack against Alex smith who is battling big Ben as the moat sacked qb in the league

Gave up 3 TDs against an offense who failed to do that in over 20 drives

Hey what do I know, I'm a ****ing idiot, I just stick to facts

CaliStillersFan
01-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I totally agree with every point of the OP. Since when did Steeler Nation turn into a bunch of over-reacting crybabies? We were on the road (where we sucked all year), played with half a team and yet still almost won. We lost, get over it.

Fire Lebaeu??? Morons!!!!

LayingTheWoodley56
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Look, we failed today FireArians. It is what it is. We didn't have a great season, playing with the oldest defense in the league, that still managed to finish ranked first in the league. I was at the 92-yard drive game, I know what happened. I witnessed all season our lack of pressure on the QB, and our lack of turnovers, and I was STUNNED that we failed to shut down a pathetic Broncos offense today. I don't mean to bring out such negative terms against my fellow Steeler brethren. All I'm saying is, we won 12 games, the same players that failed today are the ones that have brought us a helluva a lot of victories over the years, and we need to remember what these guys have brought us and not move to burn their jersies the second they flop!

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 09:56 PM
I agree and yet I understand why people are upset too. Anyhow, just gotta rebound and do better next year. I think being bit by the injury bug killed us this season. This year really reminded me alot of 2007. Hope 2012 can be 2008 and we can be the first to seven.

Fire Arians
01-08-2012, 09:59 PM
I still support the team 100% don't get me wrong, I just think lebeau's time passed him by. And you have to admit this years defense hasn't been the same, and they haven't been delivering in crunch time. With the level of talent on the defense I expect more.

Steel_Bus_24
01-08-2012, 10:10 PM
I think the fire Lebeau stuff is crazy, but we do need to rethink how our D plays late in big games....Ive seen enough of that BS....its been a problem going all the way back to SBXLIII

Tomlin should get some heat for our developing Cowboy-iness Syndrome, we're choking more and more big games and playing down to inferior teams even more then that.....And he better have the balls to fire Arians

fred
01-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Steelers put up a GREAT fight.......Defense was hampered w/o Clark back there to work with Troy......Troy couldn't take as much chances as he usually does because of it.......losing Hampton & Keisel early.....no
Pouncey........all in all...considering what state this team was in........they gave it their best.....even on a bad
wheel Ben "ran" for yardage in the end..........time to heal up and come back stronger next year...hate losing
like everyone else but always going to be backing up the STEELERS! *win or lose..........

Gingerchip
01-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Look, we failed today FireArians. It is what it is. We didn't have a great season, playing with the oldest defense in the league, that still managed to finish ranked first in the league. I was at the 92-yard drive game, I know what happened. I witnessed all season our lack of pressure on the QB, and our lack of turnovers, and I was STUNNED that we failed to shut down a pathetic Broncos offense today. I don't mean to bring out such negative terms against my fellow Steeler brethren. All I'm saying is, we won 12 games, the same players that failed today are the ones that have brought us a helluva a lot of victories over the years, and we need to remember what these guys have brought us and not move to burn their jersies the second they flop!

Totally agree with your post. The Steelers will not win every year, and cannot win every year. NO team can. I agree that some changes need to be made and some weakness need to be addressed. I'm sure I'm going to get flamed for this, but I am also upset by all the "throw Ward under the bus" posts I see. Hines gave so much to this organization and I don't care what anyone says.....no one can run up the middle and block like him. I may be the only one out there, but I say bring him back for another year if he wants to play (reduce his salary though)

Crazy Horse
01-09-2012, 12:34 AM
Fans seem to get irrational coming off a loss.

Remember the Broncos loss to the Lions in the second game of the season?

Bronocs forum was chaotic

Fire Elway
Fire Fox
Release Tebow
Trade Baily
get rid of everyone on the O-line

Think those same people are saying that now?

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 12:42 AM
Fans seem to get irrational coming off a loss.

Remember the Broncos loss to the Lions in the second game of the season?

Bronocs forum was chaotic

Fire Elway
Fire Fox
Release Tebow
Trade Baily
get rid of everyone on the O-line

Think those same people are saying that now?

They'll start back up next week when N.E puts another 49 points on the board, haha.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 12:53 AM
They'll start back up next week when N.E puts another 49 points on the board, haha.

Aint that the truth. Winning fixes things...till you lose in the playoffs.

Gingerchip
01-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Truth is, if we had to loose, I'd have rather lost to the Broncos than the Ravens (again) Their fans aren't half as obnoxious as the ratbirds. I say...goodluck Broncos.

JCPsteelers
01-09-2012, 01:06 AM
Clock is done with this group. Since the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl win against the Cards, this defense has given up numerous big plays in the secondary time and time again.

BlockMonsta
01-09-2012, 01:09 AM
lol arm chair qb's...why talk when you are not on that level? Yeah it's trash we lost but what can you do..

Gingerchip
01-09-2012, 01:09 AM
Clock is done with this group. Since the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl win against the Cards, this defense has given up numerous big plays in the secondary time and time again.

So you think most of the defense then?

JCPsteelers
01-09-2012, 01:19 AM
So you think most of the defense then?

Offensive line needs to be addressed first since Big Ben is going to get killed. Maybe Gilbert slides over to LT with Colon coming back next year (staff doesn't seem to like Starks). We need a guard too and Legursky is not the answer.

But yeah, the defense is vastly overrated in my opinion. We sit Hines but we still allow the old players on defense still play a lot. Need to find some talent to replace the slow ones on defense.

Sean95m
01-09-2012, 01:32 AM
I still support the team 100% don't get me wrong, I just think lebeau's time passed him by. And you have to admit this years defense hasn't been the same, and they haven't been delivering in crunch time. With the level of talent on the defense I expect more.

Really? Are you just dumb? Think about it, by half time we were playing with all backups on the d-line, Harrison and Woodly had not played a game togehter since the Colts, and although they played today Woodly played about half the snaps and Harrison had a bad toe going in and not to mention Clark sat out the game!

plenewken
01-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Lebeau's #1 defense gave up a 92 yard drive vs the ravens, failed to make a stop when we needed it.

Failed to get a sack against Alex smith who is battling big Ben as the moat sacked qb in the league

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 07:19 AM
I was supremely confident all week that this game wouldn't even be close. I was dead wrong, clearly

are you a very young steelers' fan? the steelers are notorious for playing down to weak opponents. people at work kept telling me my steelers would kill the broncos. i said we will have to wait and see. i also i could see the steelers losing this one.

the steelers had a very weak schedule this year. they beat only one decent team and that was the patriots. IMO, the steelers have glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball and in the coaching ranks.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 07:42 AM

Also, I don't recall a single game this year we're every starter was healthy on either side of the ball, do you? This implicates to me that's it's not really the coaches fault, it's that our players can't stay healthy long enough to develop a chemistry as a team. Maybe these injuries are happening due to age :old:

Kanata-Steeler
01-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Also, I don't recall a single game this year we're every starter was healthy on either side of the ball, do you? This implicates to me that's it's not really the coaches fault, it's that our players can't stay healthy long enough to develop a chemistry as a team. Maybe these injuries are happening due to age :old:

naa, now those are just "lame" excuses.
You mean like the healthy and "young" -as you say it, Bengals ???, or how about those "young" Lions ??? Didn't help 'dem did it.
Ha ha ha , sry, but not this time grasshopper.
:)

caplovestroyp43
01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
I just came onto this board without logging in, in hopes that I wouldn't feel the need to say anything in the heat of the moment. After less than two minutes, though, I can't help myself.

We lost tonight to a team that at full strength we are leaps and bounds better than. I was supremely confident all week that this game wouldn't even be close. I was dead wrong, clearly.

For anyone to sit here and say that: we should
- FIRE DICK LEBEAU!? For what?? For producing a first-ranked defense yet again with an aging core and not nearly as much overall effectiveness as years past? Does anyone have any loyalty? Continuity is what this franchise is built on. It's what has borne 8 playoff appearances in 11 years, quite remarkable in today's NFL. If you think we need to fire Lebeau, you are a moron, plain and simple.
- CUT IKE TAYLOR!? After his finest season!? He had a bad game today. It happens, people. He should have made that tackle, without a doubt. He didn't play well all night. I'm stunned that we gave up 29 points to an offense that we should have shut out. It's inexcusable. It's not even close to a reason to cut a corner that's been holding it down for us solid since 2005, and a guy who just had his best year.

I'm devastated, like we all are. I'm very upset that we lost this game. But if you're sitting here calling for the team to be blown up after this lose, after winning 12 games this season when everybody thought we were done, we don't need your kind in Steeler Nation.

INJURIES! What if we have Mendenhall, though Redman had a great game, like I thought he would? What if we had Pouncey, our best offensive lineman who was just named an All-Pro? What about if we don't lose two-thirds of our defensive line in the first quarter, or if we have a healthy Woodley? It's a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAME! And that's without even mentioning our biggest problem, which was our crippled quarterback! The guy could barely walk, and he showed he has bigger balls out of anyone by even gutting it out AND leading an unbelievable comeback to tie this motherf--king football game and give us even a chance to win. If we're healthy, we blow there asses out.

Bottom line is, while so many of you may root for laundry, I root for these guys. Ike is still my boy, and I look forward to having him back next season after such a great one this year. I look forward to witnessing William Gay further develop. Farrior, Hines, A Smith, and whoever else may be gone after this year due to age, THANK YOU, and if you read the fairweather BS coming from this board, ignore it and remember what great, Super Bowl winning Steelers you have been.

I love my team, plain and simple, and that never, ever changes. I took off my #86 jersey tonight right after the game, only because I always do right after games. I put another Steelers shirt right on. I am so sick of all the front-running, criticism-filled fans on this board and across our fanbase. I'm sick that we lost tonight, like we all are. The mistakes we made were unacceptable. They are also no reason to forget that we are Pittsburgh Steeler fans, and that is unconditonal!

Here's to 2012

Well said. I can't agree more with everything you said, especially the last paragraph. That's where I'm at. Up, down, in between, I am a Steelers fan no matter what! We were the walking wounded and for us to have won twelve was amazing. And the point about Ben is very well taken and hardily agreed with.

HERE IS to 2012. Love Ya Steelers Forever N Ever!! :tt02::tt02::tt02: