PDA

View Full Version : Idiots on this board

LayingTheWoodley56
01-08-2012, 09:47 PM
So many of you people who post here have such a lack of loyalty to this team, its unbelievable. I just read a post on another thread, and I won't name names, saying that Ike should have sat on the bench next to Hines sulking, and another saying that its not like Ike gives a crap about this.

You guys are complete morons! Yeah, like Hines was sulking. He was just sitting on the motherf--king bench, watching the game the few times that they showed him. I'm sure that Ike Taylor, the cornerback who has a Super Bowl interception under his belt and who just had his best season, doesn't give two sh-ts about his poor performance tonight. I can't stand to sit here and here people killing Tomlin for being outcoached, saying we should fire Dick Lebeau, only the head of the consistently best defense in the NFL. We lost mostly because our injuries, particularly to our f--king QUARTERBACK and two-thirds of our defensive line, and our starting tailback, and our Pro Bowl center.

We did not play well tonight, though the second quarter was really the lone detriment to our overall game. We actually played an awesome second half to tie the game and have a chance to win. Ike should have made that tackle at the end, yes. He didn't. IT HAPPENS. So many people here define the term "fairweather." Yes, we could've won, and we actually should've. We didn't. It happens. Doesn't mean we have to blow up the team, and we won't. The idiocy on this board, and the fickleness, both baffles and bugs me. Forget all you guys, I'm proud of my guys no matter what and I can't wait for next season. :tt04:

OX1947
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles. Mix that with injuries, bad coaching decisions and stubborn people, this was the result.

TRH
01-08-2012, 09:53 PM
i think for most, if we would have come out looking like we wanted to be there, with some passion and fight....and then lost....it wouldnt' be so hard to take (though any playoff loss around here is difficult).

The problem was getting beat and our team looking like they were deer-in-headlights out there, like they didn't care. You can't tell me that we, particularly our defense, looked like the Ravens do when they go out there. I'm in no way a Raven's fan, but they look like they want it out there. We don't at this point. And it showed. BIG.....TIME.
I think thats one reason people are SO angry this time. It also was far from Tomlin's best coached game. Bet he wished he could have this one back (the coaching and preparation part).

TRH
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles. Mix that with injuries, bad coaching decisions and stubborn people, this was the result.

True. Thats another reason. Cant hit the QB high. Can't hit him low. Can't hit him hard. And don't even think about any of the above if your name is Brady, Rogers, Brees. I'd add Tebow in there now too, but i wouldn't know....as our guys were so lame today they couldn't even touch him, even with numerous chances.

PhantomJB93
01-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Usually, I overreact like this, but for some reason I'm very calm today (probably because I never viewed the Broncos or Tebow as a "crap" team and was expecting it to be close). I've never seen people overreact like this, not even when we lost the Super Bowl last year.

Gingerchip
01-09-2012, 03:09 AM
So many of you people who post here have such a lack of loyalty to this team, its unbelievable. I just read a post on another thread, and I won't name names, saying that Ike should have sat on the bench next to Hines sulking, and another saying that its not like Ike gives a crap about this.

You guys are complete morons! Yeah, like Hines was sulking. He was just sitting on the motherf--king bench, watching the game the few times that they showed him. I'm sure that Ike Taylor, the cornerback who has a Super Bowl interception under his belt and who just had his best season, doesn't give two sh-ts about his poor performance tonight. I can't stand to sit here and here people killing Tomlin for being outcoached, saying we should fire Dick Lebeau, only the head of the consistently best defense in the NFL. We lost mostly because our injuries, particularly to our f--king QUARTERBACK and two-thirds of our defensive line, and our starting tailback, and our Pro Bowl center.

We did not play well tonight, though the second quarter was really the lone detriment to our overall game. We actually played an awesome second half to tie the game and have a chance to win. Ike should have made that tackle at the end, yes. He didn't. IT HAPPENS. So many people here define the term "fairweather." Yes, we could've won, and we actually should've. We didn't. It happens. Doesn't mean we have to blow up the team, and we won't. The idiocy on this board, and the fickleness, both baffles and bugs me. Forget all you guys, I'm proud of my guys no matter what and I can't wait for next season. :tt04:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I am so glad you posted this. You are so right! I was on Facebook awhile ago and couldn't believe what some of the fans were posting on some of the Steeler's pages. Telling them they should be ashamed of themselves, etc. I almost couldn't believe it! I say almost since this is what our culture does best. Worships heros and throws out "loosers". Geesh! People have BAD days, they have BAD games. People were worshiping Tomlin after the superbowl when we played the Cardinals. Now they are calling for his head. We have a future hall-of-famer in Hines Ward and even though he was "demoted" in what I've heard and read a most demeaning way, he still mentored our young receivers. Our defense has been consistently ranked in the top 3, yet some yell "get rid of LeBeau". We all make mistakes. No one is perfect nor will they ever be. As I posted a reponse on facebook to a fan that was telling Lamarr Woodley that the defense should hide in shame: True Steeler Fans hold their heads up with pride, class and dignity, cry a few tears after a playoff loss, thank their team for a great season, then move on and look forward to waving the towel in 2012.

IowaSteeler927
01-09-2012, 04:42 AM

Amen. Ike Taylor does care, in fact he tweeted an apology to Steeler Nation for his poor performance. He obviously blames himself for the way he played when the blame should be on the team overall and not just on one player. Ike was forced to try and cover a receiver that was a number one draft pick one on one for the entirety of the game. Did you all know that Demaryius Thomas was drafted ahead of Tebow? Do you all know that Chan Gailey coached Demaryius Thomas as well as Calvin Johnson in College and that he stated that he feels that Demaryius Thomas had better natural ability and talent than even Calvin Johnson? It's unrealistic to believe anyone could of covered Thomas with the time Tebow was being afforded to stand in the pocket and survey the field.

We had no pash rush whatsoever. Harrison gets double teamed and chipped constantly, Woodley was obviously hobbled, and Timmons is only really at his best when Woodley and Harrison are at full health. We ultimately had three second string players playing on the D-Line tonight. Given they have had playing time but usually only when the starters need a breather. Hood is the guy that really needed to step up as he's had the most playing time and been in the system long enough now and he really didn't do a whole lot to inspire confidence.

Fact of the matter is people need to quit crying and placing blame on anything and everything. We lost, it sucks, it really sucks... but we've got an offseason to get healthy and we'll get em next season. Seems to me that there are quite a few "fans" within our fanbase that have been spoiled by the Super Bowl success we've had the past decade. Now a 12-4 team making the playoffs isn't good enough. It's apparently Super Bowl or bust for those people. That's an unrealistic view to say the least and the whiners and complainers need to shut up and stop embarassing themselves and the rest of us.

DanRooney
01-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes.

I think he's biggest perk is having an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time to recover fumbles. I'm not exactly sure if that's a skill or just pure luck.

MzunguT
01-09-2012, 04:47 AM

Thanx man. I would actually say the internet is not making these things better. Everybody can say stupid thing in public now that used to be yelled at your wife or husband only in the past.. :banging: People acting like that is not why I became a follower of this franchise.

As far as the game goes, I'd say yea, the intensity was missing, at least in the first half, as was for most of the season. It certainly was a strange year, with the D giving up little points most games, but giving the O a long field at the same time often. Certain things to be adressed here, but no reason to kill anybody. It is a game. (And I am saying that after watching a play off game up to 2.15 am here in Germany and not getting any sleep before 6 am because of being so upset, so I AM taking it seriously..)

Go Steelers! :tt04:

EbonySteel86
01-09-2012, 05:04 AM
We have been struggling with mediocre teams all year cause Ariens doesn't like to game plan accordingly. SB caliber teams do not lose to Tim Tebow in a playoff game. We are better then that. We have the talent, just thee wrong guy calling plays.

plenewken
01-09-2012, 05:34 AM

Bottom line is this League is now about QBs throwing 40 or 50 times with a high % of completion. Something Ben can't do. That's not his style. He never was a Brady, Manning, Brees or Rodgers and will never be.
I know, it takes a QB and a receiver to make a catch but accuracy is the first factor and Ben isn't accurate enough. Tt's short, or long, or high, or low.
Look at his rating last night and compare that to Tebow.

Our defense was particularly porous last night but let's not forget how poorly the offense played during the first half. 6 pts in 6 possessions. You're not playoff caliber if it's all you can score.

Oh and what about the last drive? 3 sacks and an incomplete pass, when we just had to move the ball 10 or 15 more yds to be in FG position. Atrocious.

The blame goes on the offense and the defense, but I'll continue to bitch at our lack of production in offense more than at our defense. The D is on the field way too long because the offense sputters way too often.

You will not see the Steelers put 35pts or more on the board like the top teams do, as long as they're coached the way they are.

Whodis
01-09-2012, 06:41 AM

Why don't you put a cheerleader jersey on and stay off the fu(k1ng board? I may not agree with the firing of Lebeau, but the vanilla defense isn't working. 3rd and 12 we went into a prevent that changed the tempo of the game. I can't happen!

Have you seen enough screen passes? I mean holy shit! This game should have been a blowout when we fumbled that screen pass that all the "fair weather" fans saw coming.

We got rid of John Kuhn (you know the John Kuhn in the pro bowl) and replaced him with possible the laziest looking TE Johnson. This offense is average year after year with or without injuries. Is Ben a top 5 qb? I say yes (i guess i'm a homer),.

I'm sick and tired of the same old shit on offense and when the defense has a bad game we pile on.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 07:09 AM

so people are idiots for expressing their opinions? you rah-rah fans get so bent out of shape over people's opinions unless they agree with your own.

I'm proud of my guys no matter what

i am glad you are not the coach or FO

Jeeptj12
01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
I don't think any fan is an idiot. That is harsh. It is hard for us to accept reality, but this team is done.

-It's time to reshape and rebuild. We rode this team for a long time and we've won two super bowls with them. That is very successful and something to be proud of. However, that team is too old and too predictable.
-The NFL is evolving or stepping back I don't know which one. Speed and options, misdirection, etc are becoming a big part of this game. The status quo is no longer a reality.
-I don't think Arians predictable, lack luster offensive schemes work in this league anymore.
-LeBeau's defense doesn't work in this type of atmosphere. We saw that last night. That is hard for me to accept. Who wants to get rid of LeBeau??? Not me, but I think it must happen.

I knew we would lose last night. We struggle with quick slants and option/tricky quarterbacks with speed. We are old. We were banged up. We have a predictable offense which is why they struggle converting touchdowns.

-I think we need to give Dixon some looks on offense and work him into a scheme type offense partnered with Big Ben going forward. Big Ben needs to humble himself.
-Our defensive line needs to be reworked. They don't get enough push off the line which hurt blitz's.
-Our offensive line definitely needs help.
-Our Linebackers need reworked. 17th in sacks
-We were terrible at generating turnovers which is important with Arians boring offensive scheme. Ranked #24 with INT and #27 FF. None of which we scored TD's on. We were #17 in sacks. That is sad.

TRH
01-09-2012, 07:28 AM
also...were all fans of the team.
But there comes a point when you have to stop the rah-rah stuff and call a spade a spade. The team was shocked last night not only because of numerous injuries, but for SERIOUS lack-of-will and poor play. They looked like they didn't even care to be on the field last night. Heath Miller and Redman were the only 2 that really showed up.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Woodley is overrated in terms of getting to the quarterback. He needs to be more consistent to become a top LBer in the league. He's way too streaky. It would help if he learned how to do something other than the bullrush when he rushes.

I think he's biggest perk is having an uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time to recover fumbles. I'm not exactly sure if that's a skill or just pure luck.

Your an idiot, just wanted to get that off my shoulders. You think you know what your talking about, but you really don't, and you never really have. Woodley's fighting a hammy injury, and he's already said it'll be a while before he's back at 100%. Before the hammy, he racked up 9.0 sacks and a hell of a lot of tackles.

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 07:36 AM
My thread pretty much sums up how i'm feeling right now, and I think all TRUE Steelers fan's should feel the same: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=83073

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 07:39 AM

I saw the defensive line get to Tebow, but when they we're getting their, the Linebackers we're in coverage! Harrison was having trouble getting their. A LOT of trouble. Is he inconsistent to? Or we're we just outplayed? You got to give credit to that Denver team.

SteeleReign
01-09-2012, 07:45 AM
also...were all fans of the team.
But there comes a point when you have to stop the rah-rah stuff and call a spade a spade. The team was shocked last night not only because of numerous injuries, but for SERIOUS lack-of-will and poor play. They looked like they didn't even care to be on the field last night. Heath Miller and Redman were the only 2 that really showed up.

Why is this said after every one of our losses? The Steelers need to get a coach or player with some serious in-your-face passion on the sideline. I've said this before - the Steelers are becoming a reflection of Tomlin...boring & predictable.

Not suggesting that Tomlin needs to go, but get someone (an aissistant) in here that will dish out a little spit & passion!!

Bayz101
01-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Why is this said after every one of our losses? The Steelers need to get a coach or player with some serious in-your-face passion on the sideline. I've said this before - the Steelers are becoming a reflection of Tomlin...boring & predictable.

Not suggesting that Tomlin needs to go, but get someone (an aissistant) in here that will dish out a little spit & passion!!

Because some of us don't go on a temper tantrum when are team doesn't do well. We're lucky to have made it to the playoffs considering starters players on both sides of the ball have been injured since day one! We should be happy this team got into round one. As for players have put their hearts into yesterdays games, I think you'd better add Ben's name to that list, he really was magical in yesterday's game, and if we would have one the cointoss, we wouldn't be mad at all right now.

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 07:55 AM
and if we would have one the cointoss, we wouldn't be mad at all right now.

how so?

Steeldude
01-09-2012, 07:57 AM

but he is cheap. he only costs $11,000,000 for 2012 :banging:

defence
01-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Exactly!!! Obviously fo cant fire a guy like tomlin with all of his success he's had(with cowhers players) but after this; change is a must!! Look back at the season and replay the indy and kc game!! I knew then we were not a team being coached properly on both sides of the ball!! A couple of intense coordinators would be a nice start!!

SteeleReign
01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Because some of us don't go on a temper tantrum when are team doesn't do well. We're lucky to have made it to the playoffs considering starters players on both sides of the ball have been injured since day one! We should be happy this team got into round one. As for players have put their hearts into yesterdays games, I think you'd better add Ben's name to that list, he really was magical in yesterday's game, and if we would have one the cointoss, we wouldn't be mad at all right now.

I don't understand your post, or how it applies to mine, but....anyway....Ben is an example of how all the players should play...with guts, desire, and never-say-die effort.

I AM happy we got to the playoffs, but losing to the Tebow-led Broncos in the first round doesn't sit well. Just like Tomlin said - "we're not into moral victories." So, you'll have to forgive me if I'm not seeing rainbows and unicorns after that loss.

4xSBChamps
01-09-2012, 08:33 AM
The NFL product has become so bad that you have option QBs throwing for 300 yards a game. The offense has no fear of getting hurt and can not be intimated because the defense will get penalized for tough tackles.

correct, Ms. Goodell is selling a product that I don't recognize anymore, although it's still called 'football'

I watched (maybe) 6-8 games this season, and it appears the idiot-announcers are catering to the fantasy-crowd

officials rarely blow their whistle at the conclussion of plays, so players don't know if the ball is live or dead

too-many commercials (before and AFTER each kick-off?), too-much celebrating and spking the ball (anybody recall 'delay-of-game'?) after a simple first-down reception, too-many toppings and not-enough beef

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 08:41 AM
So people are not fans if they speak out against their team? That would be like owning a stock in a public company, and you wont speak out against the CEO.

So all should be rosey when we are 0-16? Hey we tried right? lol

No, as Tomlin said,m its the STANDARD.... So was yesterday the STANDARD?

Sorry, I'm as loyal as they come, but im not a pansy a$$ who wont speak his mind.

10 framed jerseys, 20 full size signed helmets, my kid has 24 minis.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
correct, Ms. Goodell is selling a product that I don't recognize anymore, although it's still called 'football'

I watched (maybe) 6-8 games this season, and it appears the idiot-announcers are catering to the fantasy-crowd

officials rarely blow their whistle at the conclussion of plays, so players don't know if the ball is live or dead

too-many commercials (before and AFTER each kick-off?), too-much celebrating and spking the ball (anybody recall 'delay-of-game'?) after a simple first-down reception, too-many toppings and not-enough beef

http://www.tommyholtphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/wheres-the-beef.jpg

:chuckle:

Agree with you though. I used to love watching all the games I could, but I'm watching fewer and fewer every year.

IowaSteeler927
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
I really don't understand the Woodley hate going on here. Absolute BS. Woodley has a HAMSTRING injury. The doctors told him even after the NE game that it wasn't going to be fully healed this season. That's a tough injury to play on. Prior to that injury he had something like 9-10 sacks. I'd say that's pretty damned good.

Our team went 12-4 and lost it's only games to teams that are strangely all still in the playoffs. If we didn't have the injuries and if the Brownies hadn't destroyed Ben's ankle we would've taken the Broncos out back behind the woodshed. It is disgusting quite frankly that there are fools on here calling out for Tomlin or Lebeau to get fired, or for Steelers greats to get cut off the team. You so called fans can have your opinions, and I can have mine, and my opinion is that your opinions to fire the coaches are idiotic at best.

I can agree there needs to be adjustments and changes to make this team better but firing a Hall of Fame DC, and the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl would be a huge mistake at this point. I don't understand why so many people are so extremely worked up over this loss. Do you honestly think we would've beaten the Patriots in Foxborough with the injuries we have? I wanted to see the Steelers win like everyone else but with the litany of injuries we have I knew our chances were slim to none against the elite competition.

We can and should be proud of this team after it's performance last night. They came back from being down 20-6 and held the Broncos to 3 points for the entirety of the second half while we had Cam Heyward, and McClendon having to come in and play in place of Brett Keisel and Casey Hampton. On top of that we had a dinged up Woodley on the field, and no Ryan Clark. I think Ryan Clark would've put himself in better positions than Mundy to make plays on the ball. His loss hurt more than people give him credit for.

The offense is a whole nother story. You have Roethlisberger playing on a bum ankle and our whole offense is predicated on Ben being able to run around and extend plays. He's been forced to be a straight up pocket passer and that's just not his strength. We were missing Mendenhall which I do think hurt the running game. He's a little faster than Redman and more elusive so I could of seen him picking up more yards on some of those long runs than Redman did. Then you have to factor in we had Legursky starting on the offensive line. Pouncey is the anchor of our O-Line and is an absolute beast of a center. When you lose that kind of pure talent and athletic ability it changes what you can do offensively.

This whining, crying, moaning, excuse making, and headhunting garbage needs to stop.

SteeleReign
01-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Exactly!!! Obviously fo cant fire a guy like tomlin with all of his success he's had(with cowhers players) but after this; change is a must!! Look back at the season and replay the indy and kc game!! I knew then we were not a team being coached properly on both sides of the ball!! A couple of intense coordinators would be a nice start!!

I hear you. I think, as a head coach, you give your assistants a chance to evolve. Arians has been given that chance & has faild - imho. LeBeau - I think he deserves more time.

plenewken
01-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I can agree there needs to be adjustments and changes to make this team better but firing a Hall of Fame DC, and the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl would be a huge mistake at this point.

Maybe we should hire Paterno then?

SteeleReign
01-09-2012, 08:55 AM
I really don't understand the Woodley hate going on here. Absolute BS. Woodley has a HAMSTRING injury. The doctors told him even after the NE game that it wasn't going to be fully healed this season. That's a tough injury to play on. Prior to that injury he had something like 9-10 sacks. I'd say that's pretty damned good.

Our team went 12-4 and lost it's only games to teams that are strangely all still in the playoffs. If we didn't have the injuries and if the Brownies hadn't destroyed Ben's ankle we would've taken the Broncos out back behind the woodshed. It is disgusting quite frankly that there are fools on here calling out for Tomlin or Lebeau to get fired, or for Steelers greats to get cut off the team. You so called fans can have your opinions, and I can have mine, and my opinion is that your opinions to fire the coaches are idiotic at best.

I can agree there needs to be adjustments and changes to make this team better but firing a Hall of Fame DC, and the youngest coach to win a Super Bowl would be a huge mistake at this point. I don't understand why so many people are so extremely worked up over this loss. Do you honestly think we would've beaten the Patriots in Foxborough with the injuries we have? I wanted to see the Steelers win like everyone else but with the litany of injuries we have I knew our chances were slim to none against the elite competition.

We can and should be proud of this team after it's performance last night. They came back from being down 20-6 and held the Broncos to 3 points for the entirety of the second half while we had Cam Heyward, and McClendon having to come in and play in place of Brett Keisel and Casey Hampton. On top of that we had a dinged up Woodley on the field, and no Ryan Clark. I think Ryan Clark would've put himself in better positions than Mundy to make plays on the ball. His loss hurt more than people give him credit for.

The offense is a whole nother story. You have Roethlisberger playing on a bum ankle and our whole offense is predicated on Ben being able to run around and extend plays. He's been forced to be a straight up pocket passer and that's just not his strength. We were missing Mendenhall which I do think hurt the running game. He's a little faster than Redman and more elusive so I could of seen him picking up more yards on some of those long runs than Redman did. Then you have to factor in we had Legursky starting on the offensive line. Pouncey is the anchor of our O-Line and is an absolute beast of a center. When you lose that kind of pure talent and athletic ability it changes what you can do offensively.

This whining, crying, moaning, excuse making, and headhunting garbage needs to stop.

I appreciate your devotion to the team. However, your name-calling and fan-bashing those that disagree with you is a bit much. As you said, we can each have our own opinion...mine is no better or more correct than yours. Is it possible for you to disagree with another poster without calling him/her an idiot, fool, or so-called fan? Give it a rest.

MDSteel15
01-09-2012, 09:12 AM
True. Thats another reason. Cant hit the QB high. Can't hit him low. Can't hit him hard. And don't even think about any of the above if your name is Brady, Rogers, Brees. I'd add Tebow in there now too, but i wouldn't know....as our guys were so lame today they couldn't even touch him, even with numerous chances.

Our guys were being horse collared every f^@king play! It's ridiculous how blatant it has become. King Roger has ruined the NoFunLeague :banging:

SteeleReign
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Our guys were being horse collared every f^@king play! It's ridiculous how blatant it has become. King Roger has ruined the NoFunLeague :banging:

I HATE blaming refs for anything...HOWEVER...Harrison is blatantly held on so many plays that it's become almost accepted. The interference call on Ike Taylor should have been negated due to the OBVIOUS neck-tackle block against Harrison.

I'm not a conspiracy kinda guy, but I wonder if there is a secret mandate (read: Goodell's revenge) to let those calls go.

MDSteel15
01-09-2012, 09:38 AM

You sound like a Redskins fan or Philly fan! All you do is bitch and put down players. How can you ssay he's overrated when he was carrying our defense before he got hurt and Harrison was out? How can you bitch about a guy that was trying to come back faster than he should have according to doctors? You never say anything positive about hardly any player on the team!

Whodis
01-09-2012, 10:33 AM
I HATE blaming refs for anything...HOWEVER...Harrison is blatantly held on so many plays that it's become almost accepted. The interference call on Ike Taylor should have been negated due to the OBVIOUS neck-tackle block against Harrison.

I'm not a conspiracy kinda guy, but I wonder if there is a secret mandate (read: Goodell's revenge) to let those calls go.

But you can't say that it wasn't a fumble on the 5th bubble screen wasn't a fumble. We got lucky there

Dino 6 Rings
01-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Usually, I overreact like this, but for some reason I'm very calm today (probably because I never viewed the Broncos or Tebow as a "crap" team and was expecting it to be close). I've never seen people overreact like this, not even when we lost the Super Bowl last year.

I think the fact that we lost last year and that I'm still bitter over that, has me not so down about losing on the road to the "magic" of Tebow with 1/3 of our roster on IR or on the sidelines hurt...yep...not too bitter...

SteeleReign
01-09-2012, 10:42 AM
But you can't say that it wasn't a fumble on the 5th bubble screen wasn't a fumble. We got lucky there

absolutely...that was a fumble all the way!!

isunormalil
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
absolutely...that was a fumble all the way!!

No doubt, that was a fumble. We were saved heartache by a blown whistle.

Black N' Yellow
01-09-2012, 04:55 PM
Bottom line is this League is now about QBs throwing 40 or 50 times with a high % of completion. Something Ben can't do. That's not his style. He never was a Brady, Manning, Brees or Rodgers and will never be.
I know, it takes a QB and a receiver to make a catch but accuracy is the first factor and Ben isn't accurate enough. Tt's short, or long, or high, or low.
Look at his rating last night and compare that to Tebow.

Did anyone see his 20-30 yard strike for a touchdown to a well-covered receiver? He's accurate but he can barely throw the ball at all this year. Sprained foot/ankle's along with a broken thumb is gonna do any quarterback in.

All the short, long, high, low passes were because he was throwing off his back foot. Not his lack of skill.

ceebee
01-09-2012, 11:07 PM

Sounds as if an idiot posted this
face the facts.. the steelers sucked in every way possible against the lowly Bronco's and it is obvious that the fans wanted this win more than the players. I for one, am in no rush for next year if the quality of play mirrors that of this year. It seems that they are satisfied with the 6.

BigBen2WardPITT
01-09-2012, 11:50 PM
How can you sit here and defend the play calling in the last play of the Broncos game? As a steelers fan, I'm allowed to criticize my team. I live in DC, where Redskins fans are blindly loyal to a team that sucks, so I'd much rather speak my mind about a team that is FAR more succesful.

With that out of the way... listen up: we had NO safeties back in coverage in the last play of the game. How does that make any sense when you KNOW that the game will NOT be over if the Broncos just get a field goal? If we had dropped ONE of our safetys back, we likely stop Thomas in field goal range. They probably make a field goal. Then we can come out and do our thing. Maybe even get a touchdown.

Sorry, that doesn't make sense. If that was Dick's call, that is just the third strike on what has been a strange season for him. Did anyone see our defense against the 49ers, not adjusting our play calling? Did anyone see freakin Joe Flacco rush down the field in the closing minutes of the game against the Ravens and win?

IowaSteeler927
01-10-2012, 02:57 AM
I appreciate your devotion to the team. However, your name-calling and fan-bashing those that disagree with you is a bit much. As you said, we can each have our own opinion...mine is no better or more correct than yours. Is it possible for you to disagree with another poster without calling him/her an idiot, fool, or so-called fan? Give it a rest.

My apologies for the name calling. Probably taking things a bit too far in that respect. It's just frustrating reading all this stuff on here. I understand having an opinion on things but there are people calling for the firing of coaches, cutting players, etc... It's just getting a bit out of hand. I understand everyone being frustrated but look at the laundry list of injuries we had. The Broncos were only really missing one key player in that game due to injury and that was Brian Dawkins. Some could argue Eric Decker but Eddie Royal playing for him wasn't exactly a pushover.

I am dedicated to the team. I understand we can't win the big game every single year. That's why it's all the more frustrating to see people calling for the firing of a Super Bowl winning coach, or for our Hall of Fame Defensive Coordinator to either retire or get fired. You gotta support the team through hell or high water.

We get called the Squeelers quite frequently by the haters who claim we're always making excuses and that the officials are always helping us out. Some of the behavior on here only lends itself to those claims and gives the haters ammunition. Even the people questioning the playcalling and the adjustments for that matter. Seriously coaches are human beings too. They are not perfect. They make mistakes and it's much easier for us to sit here and criticize everything they do from either the stands or on our couches while their down on the field having to make decisions on the fly.

SteeleReign
01-10-2012, 07:00 AM
My apologies for the name calling. Probably taking things a bit too far in that respect. It's just frustrating reading all this stuff on here. I understand having an opinion on things but there are people calling for the firing of coaches, cutting players, etc... It's just getting a bit out of hand. I understand everyone being frustrated but look at the laundry list of injuries we had. The Broncos were only really missing one key player in that game due to injury and that was Brian Dawkins. Some could argue Eric Decker but Eddie Royal playing for him wasn't exactly a pushover.

I am dedicated to the team. I understand we can't win the big game every single year. That's why it's all the more frustrating to see people calling for the firing of a Super Bowl winning coach, or for our Hall of Fame Defensive Coordinator to either retire or get fired. You gotta support the team through hell or high water.

We get called the Squeelers quite frequently by the haters who claim we're always making excuses and that the officials are always helping us out. Some of the behavior on here only lends itself to those claims and gives the haters ammunition. Even the people questioning the playcalling and the adjustments for that matter. Seriously coaches are human beings too. They are not perfect. They make mistakes and it's much easier for us to sit here and criticize everything they do from either the stands or on our couches while their down on the field having to make decisions on the fly.

I understand your point and it's a good one. However, there is a point, in every coach's career where the game passes them by. I'm not suggesting that LeBeau is in that boat, but it must be considered. Unfortunately, some on here are overly emotional at times & are unable to censor their thoughts and words until the initial anger has passed.

I don't think LeBeau is necessarily the issue. Maybe it's a personnel adjustment that needs made to create more pressure on the QB, maybe it's a scheme change to allow more press & man coverage on the receivers, or maybe it's a little of everything. The question is, is LeBeau the man to make this happen? Or is his defense so ingrained in his DNA that those changes are impossible? Goodell's league has changed rapidly to protect offenses from our type of defense. Maybe a change is required to keep pace?

These are not personal issues with the man LeBeau - I for one LOVE the guy and would hate to see him go. However, he is 74 years old & maybe it's time to consider the future without him.

IowaSteeler927
01-10-2012, 07:07 AM
I understand your point and it's a good one. However, there is a point, in every coach's career where the game passes them by. I'm not suggesting that LeBeau is in that boat, but it must be considered. Unfortunately, some on here are overly emotional at times & are unable to censor their thoughts and words until the initial anger has passed.

I don't think LeBeau is necessarily the issue. Maybe it's a personnel adjustment that needs made to create more pressure on the QB, maybe it's a scheme change to allow more press & man coverage on the receivers, or maybe it's a little of everything. The question is, is LeBeau the man to make this happen? Or is his defense so ingrained in his DNA that those changes are impossible? Goodell's league has changed rapidly to protect offenses from our type of defense. Maybe a change is required to keep pace?

These are not personal issues with the man LeBeau - I for one LOVE the guy and would hate to see him go. However, he is 74 years old & maybe it's time to consider the future without him.

I think the problem isn't with Lebeau at all we've been the top defense or one of the top defenses in the league for years now. He's doing his job but in the case of this Playoff game we simply didn't have the personnel with the injuries to Keisel and Hampton. Then you have to factor in that Woodley was playing on a bum hamstring that won't be completely healed until later in the offseason. On top of that Harrison had a toe injury and we can't know how much that hindered his play. When the line coupled with the linebackers aren't getting pressure that means the opposing quarterback has all day to get rid of the ball and when you're playing man coverage it is impossible to cover a guy for any extended period of time. You are going to eventually lose them.

If there was any one change they should've made they should've given Ike more help against Thomas. Troy should of been back there helping him. They kept cheating the safeties into the box for run support and when you do that you have to either stop the run or get to the quarterback and we weren't doing the latter at all.

steelfury02
01-10-2012, 07:26 AM
injuries, desire, leadership on offense outside of Ben, offensive coordinator in that order

There was a reason 2nd yr Ben was pulled after the injury and not thrown back out expected to chuck it 40+ times. The Broncos game was a summation of the Arians philosophy. Screen here, there, and every wear. 30 to 50 yard bomb when you need 5 yards for the first, and then stop using a running back in the critical moments when he is averaging 7.1 yards per carry. What a doofus

IowaSteeler927
01-10-2012, 07:27 AM
I'm hoping they get rid of Arians but they probably won't. Not just because of this playoff game but because of what I've seen out of him for the past couple of seasons.

SteeleReign
01-10-2012, 07:37 AM
I think the problem isn't with Lebeau at all we've been the top defense or one of the top defenses in the league for years now. He's doing his job but in the case of this Playoff game we simply didn't have the personnel with the injuries to Keisel and Hampton. Then you have to factor in that Woodley was playing on a bum hamstring that won't be completely healed until later in the offseason. On top of that Harrison had a toe injury and we can't know how much that hindered his play. When the line coupled with the linebackers aren't getting pressure that means the opposing quarterback has all day to get rid of the ball and when you're playing man coverage it is impossible to cover a guy for any extended period of time. You are going to eventually lose them.

If there was any one change they should've made they should've given Ike more help against Thomas. Troy should of been back there helping him. They kept cheating the safeties into the box for run support and when you do that you have to either stop the run or get to the quarterback and we weren't doing the latter at all.

I tend to agree with you. I don't think it has anything to do with LeBeau directly. BUT, I do think there are some personnel holes, even without injuries, that need addressed. We are not getting to the QB, even when Woodley was healthy, as often as we need to. Sure, we get there against inferior o-lines, but against the elite we are getting man-handled.