PDA

View Full Version : Q&A: Rodney Bailey.....

DIESELMAN
06-27-2006, 10:03 AM
When Rodney Bailey started his NFL career with the Steelers in 2001, he had long hair and a twinkle in his eyes. But he left after the 2003 season, fought through two injury plagued seasons with two teams, and is back, minus the hair and twinkle. Bailey's now a hungry 27-year-old looking for a job.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/32/327719.jpg

Rodney Bailey, DE, Pittsburgh Steelers (5-30-2006)
How?s the comeback bid coming?

Well I feel great. It?s just good to be here at minicamp and coaching sessions right now to get a chance to go over the defense and keep working at it.

You know the defense and some important people from your last tour with the Steelers, do you still find yourself scratching and clawing to make a roster spot?

I?ve learned to take it one day at a time, work on everything you have to work on for that day, whether it?s hands, feet, run defense or nickel and dime packages. You just take it one step at a time and keep working.

How did you feel playing in other defenses the last few years?

It?s a very unique defense here. It?s coached very well and the most important thing is to just take time to understand where you are as a group. There are a lot of new faces around here. I?m a new face. You just work accordingly. It?s always great to work with new guys.

Did you play against the Steelers while you were with Seattle and New England?

When I was with New England I was injured. When I was with Seattle for the Super Bowl I was inactive. I?ve never played against the Steelers. When you?re not playing, you?re not involved with anything that?s going on.

Didn?t you have a serious injury in New England?

Yes. I tore my left Achilles in 2004. I was pass rushing and it just went. It was an unfortunate situation but rehab was great and I?m feeling great.

Did you lose a step?

I don?t know. Time will tell. Give me a chance to get the pads on, get in some games and we?ll see.

Someone told me you?re playing very well this spring and will help this team. Do you feel comfortable and do you feel you?ve come full circle and are back home where you belong?

I definitely feel I?m where I belong. It was an unfortunate situation. I never wanted to leave here in the first place. I?m just looking forward and I?m very, very excited about this upcoming camp this year.

When you first came back who welcomed you first?

Brett Keisel and Lee Mays were the first guys I saw when I came over in March. It was great to see them. This is a very, very familiar area. I love this area. I just have to make the most of it.

It?s not like going off to Seattle where you didn?t know anyone, is it?

If you do, in the NFL, play for other organizations, everywhere?s different. It?s just that I?m definitely very appreciative of the opportunity that?s been afforded to me.

By: Jim Wexell
SteelCityInsider.com
Date: Jun 27, 2006

section514
06-27-2006, 10:32 AM
just adding to the depth of our D!
so if Peezy goes back up to denver and gets another cap in his ass, we should be ok for a few weeks..

nicesteel4life
06-27-2006, 12:20 PM
I think Bailey will make a IMPACT! I think truly he got a edge already working with most of the unit thats still intact. If he works hard he could be a BEAST. UMmmm, section 514 he is a defensive End. Thats why we got him.....HAHAHA Just had to corect ya little buddy!

clevestinks
06-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Poor guy, he misses ONE season with us and he gets no ring, bummer! Hopefully a fellow Buckeye maybe he can slap some sense into Holmes

SteelerFanInCA
06-27-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm trying to recall why we originally let this guy go? Was he a salary cap casualty?

nicesteel4life
06-27-2006, 05:21 PM
I'm trying to recall why we originally let this guy go? Was he a salary cap casualty?

Yes he was