PDA

View Full Version : Trades/ free agency

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Yes we can obviously draft some one but besides for that i think we should do something similar to what the eagles did except keep big ben, i realize how important he is when hes playing at 100% Anyone know who s gonna be a free agent, I mean we could really use younger less injury prone guys.'

People we must keep:
Ben
Sanders
Wallace
Brown
Isaan Redman (way better than mende)
Pouncy (hoping he doesn't get injured on week 16)
Keisel (because hes good, barely.
polomolu
Clark
William Gay is alright to.

otherwise, Its time to rebuild with some younger faster defense . And yeah fire arians.
Tomlin, being new to coaching, should have known not to start him in the last game of the season hes a great coach, obviously

Any chance we'd pick up anyone good thats gonna be a free agent?

Pa Yankee
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/09/are-the-steelers-headed-for-salary-cap-hell-in-2012/

Black N' Yellow
01-08-2012, 10:33 PM
We need Mendenhall back too. He's still on a rookie contract and he has better vision/ball handling than the other backs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers attempt to do a Pony Express with him and Redman, especially with him coming off his ACL injury.

Anyone knows if Crezdon Butler's gonna be available? We could always bring him back to replace McFadden rather than use another valuable draft pick...

DanRooney
01-08-2012, 11:01 PM
We need Mendenhall back too. He's still on a rookie contract and he has better vision/ball handling than the other backs.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers attempt to do a Pony Express with him and Redman, especially with him coming off his ACL injury.

Anyone knows if Crezdon Butler's gonna be available? We could always bring him back to replace McFadden rather than use another valuable draft pick...

We have Curtis Brown on the roster.

PhantomJB93
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM
No. Heyward, Hood, Woodley, Harrison, Timmons, Polamalu, Clark, Ike, and now even Gay are all fine. We don't need to "rebuild" on defense, and while they're not all young, none of them are anywhere near retirement yet; at least not as close as Farrior, Smith, Hampton have been for a few years now. We can still get another 2-3 years out of both Safeties and Ike, probably Harrison too but OLB isn't a hard position to fill.

We're about as young as is possible on offense.

We really just need a NT, ILB, and Safety and this roster is set for about the next decade. At least in terms of "replacing" people, obviously there's not much on the offensive line to begin with and that needs some work. But compared to most teams, that's not a long list of "needs" to fill at all and can be done without trading away the farm or giving ridiculous contracts to free agents.