PDA

View Full Version : The Redman should be start Poll

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Today he proved to me he is better than mende hands down, he runs the right direction and actually breaks tackles, and hes 27, hes got a few years. Should Redman start?

CaliStillersFan
01-08-2012, 11:42 PM
Odds are Mende won't be back anyway. Blowing his ACL in January going into the final year of his contract doesn't help. Since we're now a pass first offense (as much as I hate it), Redman will have no problem taking his spot.

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Good riddance redman reminded me of the bus tonight

Fire Arians
01-08-2012, 11:48 PM
I still think mendenhall is the guy. I like redman, we should keep both

tanda10506
01-08-2012, 11:49 PM
Redman should start, Clay and Batch look promising next year.

NoFieldFive
01-08-2012, 11:51 PM
if Mendy does not start he needs to go. can't pay that money for a #2.

Redman had 95 last week and over 100 this week. did Mendy put together 2 back to back games like that this year?

fate0521
01-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Mendenhall just can't even fall forward, Redman refuses to lose a yard. He just wants it more and I think he's earned it.

ZoneBlitzer
01-09-2012, 10:14 AM
:tt03:Mendenhall just can't even fall forward, Redman refuses to lose a yard. He just wants it more and I think he's earned it.

and this is where I lose faith as a fan...Tomlin claims that performance is judged on tape and what you put on it. When I see Redman run, I see a runner making that second effort and falling forward to get that extra yard. I don't see that with Mendy. I see an indecisive and impatient runner who averages 3.3 yards a carry. Mendy is clearly the more blessed athlete but Redman is simply the more effective runner. Here's a novel idea, how about spelling the two and balancing out the workload? Nope, you'll never see that so long as Arians is running the show.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 10:24 AM
If mendys contract is up. No way we sign him, he will want some long term thing, and he is 8 months away from running frull steam. Not even worth killing the cap for that.

Surf-Bat
02-01-2012, 04:29 AM
:tt03:

and this is where I lose faith as a fan...Tomlin claims that performance is judged on tape and what you put on it. When I see Redman run, I see a runner making that second effort and falling forward to get that extra yard. I don't see that with Mendy. I see an indecisive and impatient runner who averages 3.3 yards a carry. Mendy is clearly the more blessed athlete but Redman is simply the more effective runner. .

:tt03:

Millers the sh!t
02-01-2012, 06:08 AM
I've liked redman better since last year on his limited reps. Been telling my bro that redman is the better back. He can't make the homerun play like mendy can, BUT that rarely happens anyways. I'll take the (almost) guaranteed 3+ yards per carry out of redman than the 2 big plays a season from Mendy.
In His defense I don't think rashard was utilized properly though. I felt bad for him and kind if wished he was on a team with a better OC and OL. Kind of a wasted career Esp. With the Injury.

Whodis
02-01-2012, 07:57 AM
I think if the get a true fullback there is room for both.... Cut Johnson (I mean don't sign him)

ricardisimo
02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Why is there no "Patriots suck" option? :huh:

Fire Arians
02-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Why is there no "Patriots suck" option? :huh:

patriots suck and tom brady is a homo!:thumbsup:

Pentheon
02-01-2012, 01:06 PM
I like both...I do like how hard redman runs compared to mendy, I think he runs harder and fights for extra yards needed in the situation more than mendy does...

Gotta see what happens to mendy

BengalDestroyer
02-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I voted to make Mendenhall second string, because he plays harder when Redman gets more carries. And yes honestly I think Redman runs the ball better, at least between the tackles.... At the same time I could see Mendenhall gone, and getting someone in the middle rounds... maybe Polk from Washington? Also let's not forget about Batch, Clay, and even Dwyer....

FrancoLambert
02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I hope we go to camp next year with both. Redman has been an amazing find. I still wonder if he could be the lead back for 16 games with his style of running. He always seems to go forward but he can't run away from defenders.

On the other hand, Mendy at his best, is always a threat to run away from defenders. He can dance at times but he gets a bad rap for that, his o-line has been s*it lately.

I hope he returns healthy and ready to compete, led by an offensive coordiantor that maybe could figure out a way to use both, in the same backfield.

Wait, you cant' do that, you need a true fullback, not two halfbacks.
Yeah, you're right, where would we be without David Johnson.

Steel Peon
02-01-2012, 09:59 PM
The only danger with starting Redman is the same one that exists anytime a guy comes off the bench and does better than the starter, and that danger is that he's only playing at full speed because he wants the position and will back off the gas pedal a bit once he gets the job. I think Issac knows though that, if he gets the job, Batch is waiting in the wings along with Clay to eventually try a run at it, and he'll only continue to get better. That being said, I think Mendenhall peaked rather quickly, and hasn't really shown himself as a top tier player.

ricardisimo
02-02-2012, 05:38 AM
The only danger with starting Redman is the same one that exists anytime a guy comes off the bench and does better than the starter, and that danger is that he's only playing at full speed because he wants the position and will back off the gas pedal a bit once he gets the job. I think Issac knows though that, if he gets the job, Batch is waiting in the wings along with Clay to eventually try a run at it, and he'll only continue to get better. That being said, I think Mendenhall peaked rather quickly, and hasn't really shown himself as a top tier player.
That, and the fact that the change-of-pace back almost always has the higher average per carry and so looks better. Redman had one good game this past year as a starter. His first game as a starter, Dwyer made him look silly, because Dwyer was then the change-of-pace back.

kan_t
02-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm not against the idea of starting Redman next year. Mendenhall is likely out of the team's future plan anyway. But in the long term the Steelers do need to pick another explosive back IMO.