PDA

View Full Version : How did you react to the loss

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Did anyone hes cry or almost cry??? how did you react to this one, when they lost the superbowl last here I was depressed for like 6 months, After the game winning touch down I sat in the same position I was in shock. I was holding back the tears, I dont cry ever.:doh::doh::doh::doh:

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 10:55 PM
i probably shouted every swear word in existence... and they were all directed at our defense for completely shitting the bed.

NoFieldFive
01-08-2012, 10:56 PM
turned the tv off and went to the gym.

the Steelers were lucky this game even went to OT. that amazing bubble screen call to Wallace at our own 10 yard line was clearly a fumble. Give the Bronocs the ball at the 10 yard line and it's Tebow time with a qb draw up the middle for a td and ballgame is over right there.

play at end of first half was sloppy - should have had a field goal.

play at end of regulation was sloppy - should have a had a field.

kick either of the above field goals and maybe we win.

we got our butts kicked all game and deserved to lose

RowHH
01-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Just waited to see a replay. And thought that as badly as this sucked, it probably was better than going to NE and watching Brady throw for 500 yards.

Fire Arians
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Profanities, throw and almost punch someone lol. And probably the most extreme of all my behaviors, I told my friend who's a patriots fan, that I hope the pats kill the Broncos next week

lambertlunaticfan
01-08-2012, 10:59 PM
I actually handle steelers loses better than i used to.Back in the day my dog would hide for days (just kidding-relax).But this one ranks up there with the playoff lose to jacksonville several years ago.Just very frustrating......

BlaZeQuietly
01-08-2012, 11:00 PM
i wanna see tebow cry

MasterOfPuppets
01-08-2012, 11:03 PM
i shit myself and threw feces at the tv...:noidea:
then i stabbed my bruce arians voodoo doll with an ice pick....several times actually..:popcorn:

DanRooney
01-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Almost relieved. This team was not going to beat the Patriots again regardless with all of our injuries. I mean I'm disgusted that LeBeau and Ike Taylor got tooled by a fullback but at the same time, we're going to be dumping a lot of those washed up veterans that some people here think are still starters.

PhantomJB93
01-08-2012, 11:06 PM
Unlike most people, I didn't consider Denver a very inferior opponent and expected Tebow to play his best game of the season (If you've paid any attention to the guy you know he steps up when he's on the biggest stage, just like Ben) so I wasn't sitting there freaking out that our defense was "blowing it" to Tebow, the way a lot of people absolutely lost it and called for Lebeau's and Taylor's heads.

Not that I'm okay with the loss, I'm pissed. But I didn't have high hopes for this postseason anyway, I figured at best we'd make it to the AFC Championship and lose, so I guess I just got over it quickly. Time to heal up and move on.

Crazy Horse
01-08-2012, 11:10 PM
i wanna see tebow cry

It's on youtube.

:sofunny:

CaliStillersFan
01-08-2012, 11:12 PM
I figured we wouldn't go that far this year anyway. It's hard to win in January with as many injured players as we had, especially when your franchise QB has a high ankle sprain. I knew we were going to be screwed when they started Ben in SF and Cleveland trying for that stupid division title. That's where we lost the season. I kept saying we'd have a better shot with a healthy Ben on the road than an injured Ben at home, they should have sat him for the final 3 games. Oh well hindsight is always 20/20, and there's always next year.

If you're depressed over this loss, write this phrase down on a post-it note and stick it in your wallet:

"At least we're not Cleveland"

Every time you're feeling down, pull it out and it will make you smile. :drink:

GMU Steeler
01-08-2012, 11:13 PM
Shocked. I mean damn Nantz and Simms were harping on and on about the new rules and then Tebow hits Thomas on the first play of the drive. I even cursed that it was ****ing fixed but that was just talking shit. Tough loss. Felt like the 2007 Jacksonville one really since it was a lot like this game. Fall behind early and rally back but dug too big a hole early.

fred
01-08-2012, 11:14 PM
Upset, depressed, but I agree, with all the injuries (that kept mounting) it'd be hard to expect a win against the Patriots........too many high scoring teams out there in the playoffs............with Ben hobbling can't keep
up with them..........

tony hipchest
01-08-2012, 11:17 PM
i felt like puking but then went on about my life, took the steaks off the grill, and fed the family dinner.

what else you gonna do? i got six months to stew over and be angry about this loss.

SteelCityMom
01-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I drank some more wine and watched some TV shows on Netflix. Then I got on with life.

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 11:19 PM
it sucks worse this year because the Penguins are totally ****ed too.

PhantomJB93
01-08-2012, 11:27 PM
it sucks worse this year because the Penguins are totally ****ed too.

Exactly, now I have nothing to look forward to until...the Pirates *shudders*

Danny136200
01-08-2012, 11:31 PM
I just stared at the screen in disbelief really. Then, after about 10 minutes, I just moved on. When I was younger, I never took playoff losses easily (i remember crying so much as a 8 year old when denver beat us in the AFC championship game, and also staring blankly at the screen for 3+ hours after the steelers lost against the pats in '01) but now I am learning to just deal with them, analyze them with fellow steeler fans (what we can improve on, who needs to get cut, and what coaches to fire) and just move on. all that being said, this was a pretty tough loss as I thought, like so many other people, that out secondary will not be of concern in this game. I was wrong.

StainlessStill
01-08-2012, 11:34 PM
Almost relieved. This team was not going to beat the Patriots again regardless with all of our injuries. I mean I'm disgusted that LeBeau and Ike Taylor got tooled by a fullback but at the same time, we're going to be dumping a lot of those washed up veterans that some people here think are still starters.

I chose the last option. Man, for some reason, it's ALWAYS heartbreaking after a loss but I too am 'almost' relieved that we can just now focus on another run at a fresh 2012 season. After seeing Keisel, Hampton and Starks go down, I knew right then and there if we DID pull this out, that it would be the last of the 2011 campaign.

I wouldn't of been able to handle another 20+ point loss to Brady in the post-season. Just wouldn't be able to do it again and that's probably what would of happened. It's shitty we lost to a suck team like Denver, but anyway you look at it, this season belongs to Green Bay or New Orleans.

VegasStlrFan
01-08-2012, 11:37 PM
Your delusional if you thought we had a run to the SB ahead of us this year with all the injuries. Look at the names that were out or less than 100% for the game: Pouncey, Mendenhall, ben, Clark, woodley, smith, kiesel, Hampton, the oline as always and im sure im missing someone. It's really not close to the same team, with these guys out, (oh ya and don't forget leftwich he's really the reason ben has to play hurt).

I actually would rather lose to Tebow (the anti media darling) than Brady or the Rats.

Gingerchip
01-08-2012, 11:38 PM
Hey, I had to miss most of the game due to a neighbor's emergency. Will someone please objectively explain what went wrong? Did Hines play at all? I only saw the first two field goals then the very end when Cotchery caught the touchdown that tied the game.....and well... the rest was history.

I would really appreciate some insight as to what went wrong. Defense? Ben? O-line?

Thanks ---- and do you think the Steelers will re-sign Cotchery?

StainlessStill
01-08-2012, 11:39 PM
Your delusional if you thought we had a run to the SB ahead of us this year with all the injuries. Look at the names that were out or less than 100% for the game: Pouncey, Mendenhall, ben, Clark, woodley, smith, kiesel, Hampton, the oline as always and im sure im missing someone. It's really not close to the same team, with these guys out, (oh ya and don't forget leftwich he's really the reason ben has to play hurt).

I actually would rather lose to Tebow (the anti media darling) than Brady or the Rats.

Ryan Clark just became as valuable as EVER. Not only was he the leading tackler in this Steelers defense, but his communication and comfort level in the secondary is priceless if you ask me. Ryan Clark is not as appreciated as he should be.

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 11:46 PM
i would have rather just been blown out.. that said, i am glad the players didn't quit. but to fight back, tie the game, and almost win it at the end of regulation; only to give up the play of the year on the first play of OT.. that sucks.

StainlessStill
01-08-2012, 11:52 PM
i would have rather just been blown out.. that said, i am glad the players didn't quit. but to fight back, tie the game, and almost win it at the end of regulation; only to give up the play of the year on the first play of OT.. that sucks.

What bothered me was ANOTHER goof with clock management. We had 2 timeouts remaining and we hit Antonio Brown for a great gain over the middle for like, 17 yards. Instead of either spiking the ball or calling timeout, we just let the clock roll, losing a good 20 seconds at that time. Next play, Ben was stripped and instead of being in field goal range, we're going backwards and in a serious rut to run Suisham out for the game winner.

I thought we had it won in regulation after Sanders's BEAUTIFUL layout catch and Brown stepping up in the clutch. Even in O.T, having Tebow at the 20 yard line was something I was very comfortable in. That said, I was comfortable in our defense with Flacco going 92 yards as well. Should have known.

jjpro11
01-08-2012, 11:57 PM
What bothered me was ANOTHER goof with clock management. We had 2 timeouts remaining and we hit Antonio Brown for a great gain over the middle for like, 17 yards. Instead of either spiking the ball or calling timeout, we just let the clock roll, losing a good 20 seconds at that time. Next play, Ben was stripped and instead of being in field goal range, we're going backwards and in a serious rut to run Suisham out for the game winner.

I thought we had it won in regulation after Sanders's BEAUTIFUL layout catch and Brown stepping up in the clutch. Even in O.T, having Tebow at the 20 yard line was something I was very comfortable in. That said, I was comfortable in our defense with Flacco going 92 yards as well. Should have known.

i thought we were going to win it in regulation too after those two catches. i was not at all comfortable with the Broncos getting the ball first in OT.. we were bailed out by a fumble and Tebow missing a wide open receiver on 3rd down on their last two drives in regulation. we had shown no ability to stop them from driving other than those two plays.

tanda10506
01-09-2012, 12:56 AM
I wasn't sure about this game and I figured we would lose next week. This year this team never played with heart or intensity. Didn't see much of it this game either except Ben's adrenaline rush that had him walking/running normal. It's a damn shame that nobody got fired up all year. I was in disbelief that we lost to Denver, but I wasn't in disbelieve about the overall loss, if that makes sense. I think this team is so close to winning another few SB's, and I'm already really optimistic next year. One thing losing to a piss poor team in the first round of the playoffs will do, especially after last years SB loss, will force Tomlin to make some changes. There is a fork in the road, we either carry on the way we are and start a long decline, or we make some changes that, for the Steelers, are easy. I guarantee you if Arians leave and we get a good OC, maybe not the first season with him, but eventually we will win 2-3 SB's before Ben hangs it up. During the offseason the team needs to lose their stance on FA's and pick up a good O lineman and a good CB. The line and the secondary have been good since Week 4 for the most part, but in the end our two weakest spots burnt us STILL when it mattered the most. An OC, one good Guard and maybe another Tackle, and a corner that doesn't quit in the playoffs, and we probably go 14-2. This year the mentality of the team just wasn't there, it hurts, but I sure hope they learn from it. We are spoiled as Steeler fans, thinking every year we can win it is probably unrealistic, but when we lose and continue to struggle all season because of a lack of heart/effort, that's what bothers me. We got a lot of young guys, we got some guys that need to go, but the core of our team is intact. I could list quite a few things and if we just fixed one of any of them we would be in good shape. Can we manage to do at least a few of them? Let's hope.

LambertWardSteel
01-09-2012, 02:44 AM
All losses suck. I was on the edge of my chair trying to coax victory. I felt a sense of pride and relief when they tied the score. I didn't have a good feel about the last drive at regulation when they could have won. It sort of felt like it was coming together but it didn't have the right feel to me.

All that said--had they eeked out a win I would not have felt good about next week's game. The fan in me says we win. Logic says it would probably be tough with the injuries and how we struggled with Denver. Really, to be honest, the far greater nightmare for me would been to see the cheats get us again.

In the end maybe tis leaves a bad taste and motivates the team going into next year.

ricardisimo
01-09-2012, 03:48 AM
You forgot one option:

Smiled inwardly, looking forward to the distinct possibility - nay! probability that Bruce Arians will finally be fired, and that the German octopus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_the_Octopus) who correctly predicted the last World Cup would take his place,

That was my reaction, at least.

AgentGold007
01-09-2012, 04:01 AM
I live in Ohio around a bunch of brownstain fans, so I pretty much had to put on a happy face and act unphased.