PDA

View Full Version : FB/TE Johnson

NoFieldFive
01-09-2012, 12:01 AM
what's up with Johnson? why is he out there play after play? he can't catch the ball and does the guy ever block? I see him run thru a hole and not block anyone. maybe we should give him a hand off or two since he seems to find the holes.

I don't see what purpose this guy serves but he's out there almost every play.

PhantomJB93
01-09-2012, 12:03 AM
I think John Clay could be a pretty good "actual fullback" if Arians/New coordinator actually incorporates one into the offense next year.

DanRooney
01-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Just another body on the roster.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2012, 12:06 AM
funny you brought that up...i think it was his second dropped ball that i went on a rant telling my charger fan brother how worthless he is...:doh: ...oh and i said johnson was worthless too.

jjpro11
01-09-2012, 12:22 AM
he has the worst hands i've ever seen.. his drop helped cost us the Ravens game when we could have run out the clock.

jiminpa
01-09-2012, 12:26 AM
He's perfect for Arians, "kill the running back" offense though, because, yeah, he's afraid of contact, and when he does attempt to block he gets stuffed in the hole. Only Arians would have a bad, 5th string TE on the roster, and make him play FB.

MasterOfPuppets
01-09-2012, 12:28 AM
johnson would not even be on an NFL roster if not for arians. as soon as the steelers cut him he'll be out of football.

tanda10506
01-09-2012, 02:08 AM
I hope we are not paying him much. It's all Arians problem though, Arians goes away and so do our problems. Wouldn't it be great to build somewhat of an O line, get a decent FB who plays close to all the plays that can block and catch, to disguise things, to get back to hard running, to utilize the quick passing with our great QB and WR's, to not go 5 wide all the time, to run in 40mph wind, to not use the stupid ass bubble screen again! See, the offense starts looking pretty damn good when coordinated correctly.

jiminpa
01-09-2012, 02:19 AM
I hope we are not paying him much. It's all Arians problem though, Arians goes away and so do our problems. Wouldn't it be great to build somewhat of an O line, get a decent FB who plays close to all the plays that can block and catch, to disguise things, to get back to hard running, to utilize the quick passing with our great QB and WR's, to not go 5 wide all the time, to run in 40mph wind, to not use the stupid ass bubble screen again! See, the offense starts looking pretty damn good when coordinated correctly.
If only...

Not going to happen as long as Coach Cliche is head coach.

NoFieldFive
01-09-2012, 02:21 AM
by far the best this offense looked this year was the beginning of the Patriots game. going down the field taking short drops with quick passes and getting Miller involved.

wonder if they ever looked at that game film and said 'gee let's try that again!'

every game the Steelers offense came out they looked like a new offense. they did not seem to build and make improvements from one game to the next. they had things that worked and then you never see it again.

AgentGold007
01-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Another example of Arians trying to pound a round peg into a square hole.

BritishSteel
01-09-2012, 05:56 AM
I think John Clay could be a pretty good "actual fullback" if Arians/New coordinator actually incorporates one into the offense next year.

I thought the same - Guy looks like a wall. If he can catch, he might make a decent all-purpose fullback. Probably for someone else though. No evidence that a Full Back is anything other than a novelty position on our O.

TRH
01-09-2012, 08:30 AM
he showed some initial potential that he could be an attribute here, but that has since gone down the drain. I could see him being cut in the off-season.