PDA

View Full Version : Steelers played a great game

Crazy Horse
01-09-2012, 12:08 AM
Hello Steeler fans. I am the off spring of a Pitt Steeler mother and NY Giant father but came out as a Bronco fan.

It's seems like some Steeler fans are no different than other fans when faced with a loss. Fire this guy, fire that guy. This guy is a has been we need to draft in this position.

Been there done that will do it again.

I was over joyed with the first playoff win since 2005 but still does not help that 2005 AFC championship loss to you guys.

Steelers played a great game despite injuries and how sloppy the game was. Not many teams can overcome that towards the end of a game. There is a reason why the steelers are considered one of the best teams in the past 10 years.

Don't ask me about the copycat orange terrible towels (Sour Citrus towels?) No clue what they were thinking.

What are some of your thoughts on Tebow?

DanRooney
01-09-2012, 12:09 AM
Go away.

Crazy Horse
01-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Go away.

Sorry. I know an opposing fan joining a forum after a defeat seems rather trollish, but not here to rub it in.

Steelers played a great game despite many things going against them.

Gingerchip
01-09-2012, 12:21 AM
What do I think about Tebow? I honestly think he will get better each year. I feel bad about the Steelers, but they can't win every single year. They are the type of organization, however, that will ALWAYS be a top class contender and will most defintely get their 7th superbowl trophy in the next 4 or 5 years. Seriously, NO team can be on top forever. Congrats on the Bronco win.

CaliStillersFan
01-09-2012, 12:23 AM
I hope Denver sticks with Tebow, you deserve each other. :)

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I admittedly didn't read your post, but the Broncos played a good game tonight. For that I will give them full drunken props.

If you get met with hostile posts though, don't take it personal. Our team did just lose you know. :chuckle:

Kick the crap out of the Pats for us though, please.

Crazy Horse
01-09-2012, 01:30 AM
I hope Denver sticks with Tebow, you deserve each other. :)

I don't think it is healthy to consume THAT much of pepto bismol.

Crazy Horse
01-09-2012, 01:31 AM
I admittedly didn't read your post, but the Broncos played a good game tonight. For that I will give them full drunken props.

If you get met with hostile posts though, don't take it personal. Our team did just lose you know. :chuckle:

Kick the crap out of the Pats for us though, please.

Hey!

I saw you over and Bronco mania forum. :thumbsup:

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 01:35 AM

His performance today was a good one. If anything, the Steelers were so out-coached in their defensive scheme, that they actually made Tebow's job easy today. All he really did was fling it up to wide open receivers. The Steelers first rule by thumb in a LeBeau's 3-4 defense is to stop the run and DON'T GET BEAT DEEP. We obviously weren't disciplined today in pass coverage. The Steelers D-unit, along with the rest of the world, simply didn't want to except the fact that no way Denver was going to throw the ball deep today and it showed. Out-coached.

That said, I still think Tebow will be a career backup in 2-3 years TOPS.

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Hey!

I saw you over and Bronco mania forum. :thumbsup:

Yup, went there for some ribbing. No offense, but im probably too drunk to respond right now.

ricardisimo
01-09-2012, 02:02 AM
Despite some jawdropping, appalling throws - throws my three-year-old daughter could make - he made some other tough ones, and he's definitely an athlete. Most important: he might actually be getting better.

His mechanics are so wide of the mark that I can't see him having any sustained success, but then I didn't think he had a prayer in this game, so I guess I can be wrong.

Good luck with him in the future. I think you're going to need it.

Gingerchip
01-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Hello Steeler fans. I am the off spring of a Pitt Steeler mother and NY Giant father but came out as a Bronco fan.

It's seems like some Steeler fans are no different than other fans when faced with a loss. Fire this guy, fire that guy. This guy is a has been we need to draft in this position.

Been there done that will do it again.

I was over joyed with the first playoff win since 2005 but still does not help that 2005 AFC championship loss to you guys.

Steelers played a great game despite injuries and how sloppy the game was. Not many teams can overcome that towards the end of a game. There is a reason why the steelers are considered one of the best teams in the past 10 years.

Don't ask me about the copycat orange terrible towels (Sour Citrus towels?) No clue what they were thinking.

Congratulations on your win. Tebow........I can't help but like the guy. I always admire anyone that stands up for what they believe in especially when they have to take a lot of crap for it. I think he is young and needs to develop. As far as the "copycat" towels....it's been said that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Ok. 'nuff said. Can I go cry now?

steeltheone
01-09-2012, 02:35 AM
I love the kid too. He plays the game with heart. In a day and age with constant thugs, this kid is a breath of fresh air!

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 02:45 AM
no we did not play a great game. It was a loss against an 8-8 team who got blown out by the bills and couldn't even score 7 points against the chiefs, and had no business in the playoffs. the broncos will get blown out by the patriots anyway next week, so it's not like today's win matters

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 02:46 AM
no we did not play a great game. It was a loss against an 8-8 team who got blown out by the bills and couldn't even score 7 points against the chiefs, and had no business in the playoffs. the broncos will get blown out by the patriots anyway next week, so it's not like today's win matters

And the Lombardi will go to the Saints or Packers. Nobody is beating any of those NFC teams. The AFC is just keeping the ground warm for those explosive beasts just waiting to erupt.

plenewken
01-09-2012, 07:38 AM

And we were an overrated 12-4 team thanks to a very weak schedule and we blew it in each and every important game this season.
If we were the #1 Defense, I'd hate to see the last.......

TRH
01-09-2012, 08:15 AM
For one, the Steelers did NOT play a great game, they played a lousy game, disjointed and barely acted like they even cared to be on the field, let alone win. They actually deserved the loss....unbelieveably terrible game for Pittsburgh and a horribly coached game by Mike Tomlin.

As for Tebow, i don't "dislike" him whatsoever. I (still) just don't think he's one of the leagues better QB's, but was able to expose what i have thought for awhile now, that our defense REALLY isn't that good. The lackluster effort we gave last night would likely have been exposed by almost anyone. I can only imagine if Drew Brees and the Saints would have played us last night, he may have had the 1st 600-yard passing game.

But....you and all of us do have to remember......we didn't have our all-pro center, Maurkice Pouncey. Legursky's over-the-head snap cost us what probably was a field goal and the win. We didn't have Mendenhall (yes, i know, Redman had a great game, but what about when he wasn't in? The 2 together might have made a bigger difference). Ryan Clark was SORELY missed last night on our side. Remembe, he was our leading tackler with 100. Kiesel and Hamption were out after the 1st quarter....that helped caused zero pass rush for Tebow.