PDA

View Full Version : Cuban, Marino Want To Buy Penguins

SteelCityMan786
06-27-2006, 01:04 PM
http:///www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/9432475/detail.html

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins owner Mario Lemieux has made no secret of the fact that his hockey team is for sale.

On Tuesday morning, fans got the news for which they had been waiting -- a potential group of buyers with local ties has surfaced, and it would most likely keep the team in Pittsburgh.

Andy Murstein, president of New York-based Medallion Financial Corp., told ESPN Radio 1250's Tim Benz that Mark Cuban and Dan Marino have partnered into his group to make an offer for the Penguins.

X-Terminator
06-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Good to hear! I hope Mario seriously considers that group and sells to them - you know they will put up some serious cash, especially since Cuban is involved. Definitely positive news for Pens fans!

SteelCityMan786
06-27-2006, 01:56 PM
It's positive news for Pens fans through out the world.

section514
06-27-2006, 02:53 PM
why doesn't cuban just purchase the pens and the pirates...and then we can be the city of champions again

BlackNGold203
06-27-2006, 03:37 PM
why doesn't cuban just purchase the pens and the pirates...and then we can be the city of champions again

He would buy the Pirates...if they were for sale....

I wish he was buying the Pens himself...as part of a large group I dont know how much input he will have

83-Steelers-43
06-27-2006, 04:12 PM
He would buy the Pirates...if they were for sale....

I wish he was buying the Pens himself...as part of a large group I dont know how much input he will have

This is where I disagree with Cuban.

He states the Pirates are not willing to sell. Hell, my house is not on the market, but if you come up with a nice price, I'll sell.

So far Cuban loves talking about buying the Pirates, but put a number out there and see if those snake scumbags are willing to sell. It's business.

clevestinks
06-29-2006, 07:22 PM
:dang: why doesn't cuban just purchase the pens and the pirates...and then we can be the city of champions again
Beat me to it, a package deal hell they are both so bad it cant be that expensive:dang:

section514
06-29-2006, 10:53 PM
i have an idea, and you all may shoot it down

cuban buys the pens with marino, the pens get a new arena, cuban either brings the mavericks to pittsburgh or sells the mavs and starts a team in pittsburgh

83-Steelers-43
06-30-2006, 07:27 AM
NBA in Pittsburgh? Eeeek. IMO, I don't think it would work.