PDA

View Full Version : Reason why we lost.......

rcoplien
01-09-2012, 09:00 AM
I love my steelers don't get me wrong. What lost the game for us was our lousy DB's not watching the damn ball and always looking at the players. They sucked plain and simple. William Gay and Ike Taylor played like pansies and need to cover their guys!! Last but not least. Legursky Fubared a potention play that would have put us in field gold terratory. We needed Pouncey and Ryan Clark bad in that game. Very dissapointing because the Patriots are going to kill the Broncos and that will make our game that much less worth it :(

plenewken
01-09-2012, 09:03 AM
Very dissapointing because the Patriots are going to kill the Broncos and that will make our game that much less worth it :(

We would have been slaughtered in Foxboro so what's the big deal? I'd rather lose to the Broncos than to the Paytoilets.

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 09:06 AM
The first long completion against Ike was a perfect pass into decent coverage. The td agaisnt Gay was another perfect pass into tight coverage. There's really nothing you can do about them. It happens especially when a qb is sitting back there for a month of Sundays. The long pass to the TE was yet another deep coverage gaffe by Troy P. And last, but certainly not least the OT td was on Mundy. He was late faking a blitz and dropping into underneath coverage hanging Ike out too dry in the process.

The Legurskey snap was bad, but Ben's play at the end of the 2nd half was worse. He's an 8 year 100 million dollar franchise qb he should know better.

ZoneBlitzer
01-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Reason we lost? God and...

Tebow 31 yards per pass completion attempt and Thomas' 51 yard avg per reception.

Those are sick, video game type numbers.

plenewken
01-09-2012, 09:12 AM
The Legurskey snap was bad, but Ben's play at the end of the 2nd half was worse. He's an 8 year 100 million dollar franchise qb he should know better.

That's exactly my point. This is when the $100M are either earned or not. C'mon Ben, you overthrow Ward covered by 2 guys, then fumble the ball and then take 2 sacks??? Pathetic!

Thanks Ben, and thanks Arians ........ for another idiotic play calling at the end. I bet Redman would have gotten the 10 yds we needed to be in FG range.

FanSince72
01-09-2012, 09:13 AM
First of all, the reason why we lost is because Denver played a better game and frankly, they seemed as if they wanted it more.

That's not to say we didn't try, but in the end we just didn't have enough gas in the tank. Maybe the injuries finally caught up to us but I don't want to blame this loss on injuries alone because that sidesteps the more serious issues.

I know that Arians may not be an offensive genius, but Arians didn't lose that game -- LeBeau did.

Here's something I posted a year ago and it applies now and (sadly) has applied for a number of years:

I don't know about anyone else but I for one am getting a little tired of watching even half-assed passing teams convert 3rd and 8's into 1st downs more often than not.

Sure, LeBeau's defense looks great against non-West Coast or poor passing teams which thankfully are still most of the teams out there. But good passing teams with West Coast offenses like New England, New Orleans, Green Bay and even the Jets ate our lunch this year and that has to stop otherwise every team in the league will just set up in 4 and 5 receiver sets and walk us down the field.

Le Beau needs to wake up and realize this isn't the good ol' days when all teams used a running game to set up the passing game. These days, offenses are very complex and the either / or approach (run or pass) isn't that simple anymore and just having a bunch of big guys up front isn't going to get it done. We need versatility and we need to be able to adapt to various offenses and stop depending on "zone-blitzes" (which everyone has pretty much figured out) and "run stoppers" to get it done.

I think we need to go in the direction of less bulk and more quickness overall and try to become more adaptable instead of trying to "impose our will" on everyone with overly complicated blitz packages which won't work if the QB gets rid of the ball before anyone gets to him, which has become the simple formula for beating our front seven.

I think everyone needs to stop looking at LeBeau like he's some kind of god and start realizing that he's got some work to do to get this defense ready to play in ALL situations, not just the ones we're good at.

I've said this before:
We need to stop worshiping at LeBeau's feet and recognize that his best days are behind him and that there's a new league out there.

Lots of guys complain about the fact that we don't score 30 or 40 points per game and yes, some of that is Arians' fault. But I think too many guys overlook the fact that a big part of why we don't light the place up is because we simply can't get the other team off the field and if our defense is always out there, our offense isn't and it's the offense that's supposed to do the scoring.

LeBeau has been wonderful for this team and deserves to be applauded for his work. But everyone burns out sooner or later and I think he has and it would be a disservice to both him and the team to ignore that.

plenewken
01-09-2012, 09:16 AM
I've said this before:
We need to stop worshiping at LeBeau's feet and recognize that his best days are behind him and that there's a new league out there.

Lots of guys complain about the fact that we don't score 30 or 40 points per game and yes, some of that is Arians' fault. But I think too many guys overlook the fact that a big part of why we don't light the place up is because we simply can't get the other team off the field and if our defense is always out there, our offense isn't and it's the offense that's supposed to do the scoring.

LeBeau has been wonderful for this team and deserves to be applauded for his work. But everyone burns out sooner or later and I think he has and it would be a disservice to both him and the team to ignore that.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

saint0917
01-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I love my steelers don't get me wrong. What lost the game for us was our lousy DB's not watching the damn ball and always looking at the players. They sucked plain and simple. William Gay and Ike Taylor played like pansies and need to cover their guys!! Last but not least. Legursky Fubared a potention play that would have put us in field gold terratory. We needed Pouncey and Ryan Clark bad in that game. Very dissapointing because the Patriots are going to kill the Broncos and that will make our game that much less worth it :(

I agree 100%, also, the steelers getting NO pressure on Tebow didn't help. He's one of the worst QB's in the league, but you can't let him sit in the pocket for 5-6 seconds, even I could complete a few passes with that kind of time.

Terrapin
01-09-2012, 09:32 AM
Why we lost? Bad O-line, bad coverage, no QB pressure, WRs dropping balls.

But other than that, it comes down to one thing; COACHING.

1. Arians. You're playing against a poor run defense, a great pass rush, and a great CB. You have a one-legged QB. What do you do? Of course, throw it 50 times and run it 18! How about that first drive, 3rd & 7, and you call a bubble screen to Wallace. Nice one. I never bitch about Arians, but his game plan was terrible, as they've been most of the year.

2. Lebeau. I know he's like God around here, but his time has past. Yeah, the #1 ranked D this year. We played probably the easiest schedule in the league. Few turnovers, sacks, pressure all year. Can't close games out. Ike's getting beat like a red-headed stepchild yesterday, and they refuse to give him any help. There were multiple 3rd & 6's, 7's, 8's, etc, and our CBs are playing 15yds off the ball. Not even a sniff on Tebow all game long. It's time to get on with your life's work Dick. Thanks for the memories.

3. Tomlin. Would someone please sit him down and explain the basics of a two minute offense and clock management to him? How many times this year has he showed complete incompetence in this area? And while he's being taught this, have Ben sit in on it as well.

Ricco Suavez
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
My Lord where to start with the blame. I think I will list them but in no particular order.

1. Bruce Arians......his game plan is too much of the same thing or predictable he runs when they should pass and passes when he should run. His routes take too long for the line to protect Ben.

2. The O-Line not enough quality guys and injuries has torn any continuity to pieces of what we do have. They can run block average put sometimes the protection breaks down the moment the ball is snapped.

3. Big Ben............ This has been an up and down year for the Steeler QB. Games with multiple Interceptions, accuracy issues, and sometimes just not smart. Tough as nails but needs to start playing smart to play later.

4. WRs............. With the exception of Brown I do not believe we have another complete receiver. Hines is HOF but past his prime, Wallace is good could be better but is going to cost us money and has disappeared the second half, Saunders may be another complete WR later.

5. Defensive Front............. No pressure to speak of the whole game, holding calls aside we did not get much push on the Bronco's line. They truly left the secondary alone on Taylor Island.

6. Ike Taylor........ Worst game at the worst time, no need to type any thing we all seen it.

7. The rest of the Secondary........ Not as bad as Ike but they were constantly out of position, boy did we miss Clark.

8. Dick LeBeau......... We made stopping the run first priority, an assumption that I believe most fans felt would give us best chance to win. But while stopping the run in the first quarter we crapped the bed in the second letting Tebow pick us apart. I can't believe I wrote that, Tebow picked us apart. Then Dick did what appears to be nothing(maybe he asked Arians opinion) no added pressure nothing.

9.Mike Tomlin.......... Love the guy, but this team appeared to be SNL (not ready for primetime players) The way this team squanders time and yardage during those crucial periods know as time management reflects on Tomlin. They are not prepared, I know, I know, its the players not the coach. But a team takes on the persona of its coach and at the end of both halves the Steelers looked like a panic attack.

10. Injuries.............Every team has them, good teams do not use them for excuses, and great teams find replacements that shoulder the load. Well I am not on the team so I will use the excuse. This team was the walking wounded and thin at a lot of positions, CB, RB, O-Linemen, and after injuries to Kiesel and Hampton our D-Line.

The only bright spot last night was Redman, thought he played great. Brown was steady and dependable. Kicking game and Special teams held their own. There was a ton of blame to go around last night not just on one facet of the game either. If anybody would of stepped up we would be on our way to NE and i for one would have liked to at least had the chance.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Tebow set an all-time single-game playoff record by averaging 15.04 yards per pass attempt. The previous record was 14.71 by Terry Bradshaw in Super Bowl 14. That should put into perspective how bad the defense was yesterday.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Reason we lost? God and...

Tebow 31 yards per pass completion attempt and Thomas' 51 yard avg per reception.

Those are sick, video game type numbers.

This is the number that also is a sign:chuckle::

Net passing yards for Tebow - 316

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John (wait for it) 3:16

tanda10506
01-09-2012, 06:35 PM

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Huh, that is pretty strange. I knew John 3:16 of course, but I didn't know that's what Tebow had. We lost for many reasons but the #1 and most obvious was Ike Taylor and Mundy, not just on the last play but all game. Gay wasn't terrible, the passes he was defending were just really good. Ike was 5 to 6 yards away from his guy all time. Anyway, I just wish we could have been healthy this season. We go into Gillette completely healthy and playing like we have a heart and we finally get a win up there in the playoffs, but with as injured as were were we would have got our asses handed to us up there. In a way I'm happier with a loss to Denver then NE if that makes sense. This was the year we could have beat the Pats in the playoffs, we played them very well without Harrison the first time around, I guess we will never know.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Huh, that is pretty strange. I knew John 3:16 of course, but I didn't know that's what Tebow had. We lost for many reasons but the #1 and most obvious was Ike Taylor and Mundy, not just on the last play but all game. Gay wasn't terrible, the passes he was defending were just really good. Ike was 5 to 6 yards away from his guy all time. Anyway, I just wish we could have been healthy this season. We go into Gillette completely healthy and playing like we have a heart and we finally get a win up there in the playoffs, but with as injured as were were we would have got our asses handed to us up there. In a way I'm happier with a loss to Denver then NE if that makes sense. This was the year we could have beat the Pats in the playoffs, we played them very well without Harrison the first time around, I guess we will never know.

With Hampton & Keisel both candidates for surgery and Woodley still hamstrung Saturday night at New England would have been brutal

I agree that the Denver loss is a better end given where this team is at physically and am actually relieved the season ended with a close game where they at least came back, after they could have cratered down 20 - 6, as opposed to what would have been a beat down next week like the 2007 trip to Gillette

StainlessStill
01-09-2012, 06:44 PM

Didn't he throw for an average of 31.6 per pass play as well? Coincidence at its best.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Didn't he throw for an average of 31.6 per pass play as well? Coincidence at its best.

Coincidence? Perhaps not

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/YuZPDCwDrgnLbSuWlBbmXA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/tebow-eye-black-3-16-.jpg

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 08:18 PM

John (wait for it) 3:16the game last night set a wildcard record in ratings, drawing a 28 sumthin. know what it drew in the 4th quarter and OT?

31.6 :chuckle: (no joke)

anyways i thought id post this here from another thread, because i think its even more relevant to this one-

nobody should be suprised tebow aired it out and did relatively well (being held to his own standard set in history). john elway took the kid gloves off and told him to just pull the trigger and not worry about losing the game or his job. john elway pretty much knew it was the only way his team could win. that was all tebow needed to hear, to finally give him a much needed shot of confidence and to go out and play his game w/o over thinking. elway gambled and it paid off.

he has played against lebeau defenses before (hell, he looked so drunk and old after the game, i woulda said he played AGAINST lebeau). the broncos had absolutely nothing to lose and they played like it.

lebeau on the other hand, gambled that since tebow was barely able to hit the broadside of a barn from 20 yds away during the regular season, there was no way he was gonna drop 5 balls 30 yards deep right into the basket. he sold out to stop the run (it worked) but as far as not getting beat deep, he dared tebow to throw it counting on him to eventually make a rookie mistake (hell the dude has had like 12 TO's in the final 3 games). lebeau gambled and got bit.

its that simple to me.

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 08:25 PM
the game last night set a wildcard record in ratings, drawing a 28 sumthin. know what it drew in the 4th quarter and OT?

31.6 :chuckle: (no joke) [/I]

The signs are everywhere!

As it turns out, the lone interception thrown in the game on Sunday night came from Ben Roethlisberger. What down and distance were involved when he threw it? Third and 16.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34284646

http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/9njtDxGuKInQLTWYOAxIKA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTU1MA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnflexperts/cbs-tebowing.jpg

James Brown, Dan Marino, Bill Cowher (!), Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason took an elbow during the CBS postgame show

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/shutdown-corner/tebow-time-three-3-16-references-boffo-tv-172145772.html

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 08:34 PM
The signs are everywhere!

As it turns out, the lone interception thrown in the game on Sunday night came from Ben Roethlisberger. What down and distance were involved when he threw it? Third and 16.

:chuckle:

when tebow scored his lone running TD on the QB draw, i noticed this guy in the stands in the endzone seating-

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/john_316_031.jpg

:noidea:

his father perhaps?

#1LambertFan
01-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Wow. Can I get another 10 doom and gloom posts on one thread. You guys sound worse than 07 Lions fans.

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Wow. Can I get another 10 doom and gloom posts on one thread. You guys sound worse than 07 Lions fans.

whaddaya mean? everybody is happy and smiling on this page. look at tebow. look at ben holding his cheese. look at RAINBOWMAN!

Jesus loves you. :hug:

#1LambertFan
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Does anyone see how hypocritical an covetous Tim Tebow is?

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Does anyone see how hypocritical an covetous Tim Tebow is?

he was jammin this on his headphones during pregame stretches-

lA983t3Rdzs&ob=av2e

steelerchad
01-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Comon. I don't want to make excuses, but we lost because the Broncos starters were an overtime win better than our 2nd string. Injuries did this team in. We played most of that game without Pouncey, Mendy, Starks, and a gimpy Ben on offense and Smith, Hampton, Kiesel, Clark, and Woodley on defense.
You can't really make the excuse because the Packers won a Super Bowl with a lot of injuries last year, but the fact is our backups in those spots weren't good enough to win a playoff game. It's not really a crime.

I'm not sure why we were such a big favorite to win on the road in this game anyway. We haven't looked good in over a month, since the injuries started mounting. Denver was a division winner playoff team and it's a tough place to play on the road. If this had been a regular season game, We may have been favored by a point or 2. Since it's a playoff game, all the experts just figured we'd come out and play like the STEELERS and our backups couldn't do it. The other guys get paid and are pros also. They made plays. Game over.

TRH
01-09-2012, 09:33 PM
That's exactly my point. This is when the $100M are either earned or not. C'mon Ben, you overthrow Ward covered by 2 guys, then fumble the ball and then take 2 sacks??? Pathetic!

Thanks Ben, and thanks Arians ........ for another idiotic play calling at the end. I bet Redman would have gotten the 10 yds we needed to be in FG range.

as far as "the sacks" go.......i ask this......those defenders were on him in 2 seconds. HOW the hell.....are you in a passing situation with an opposing defense in "prevent" mode and only rush 3 guys, yes that right...3 guys....how the hell are they all over the QB within seconds? Thats unheard of. Where the F were our blockers?????????

TRH
01-09-2012, 09:39 PM
some of the main reasons we lost :

1. Injuries, obviously......and Ryan Clark being out hurt us really bad...no one's talking about that much
2. Surprisingly bad coaching
3. A non-pumped up, psyched, ready to play team. Looked like they were just standing around out there chillin'.
4. NO pass rush. Yep. Thats zero. Really unbelieveable. Tebow had ALL DAY and more back there.
5. Harrison and Woodley missing-in-action
6. Poor O-line blocking (no surprise there, though). They were all over Ben on those last drives in prevent mode. Wow.
7. Defense not creating turnovers again. Are guys aren't even looking for INT's, let alone trying to catch them. We also don't try and strip balls consistently aside from Polomalu.
8. Arians playcalling. Its SO predictable that now even the announcers are calling our plays in advance.
9. Fancy, confusing, exotic sets and blitzes are no more. What happened to that?

All major contributing factors.

pitt0wns
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
Why the hell was Mundy up on the line of scrimmage at the snap of the ball?

Why didn't Troy chase him down? He was right there

pilotperk
01-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Biggest reason was Denver is the better TEAM, on top of that the game should not have even come down to what it did should it? The blown call (whistle) on the fumble/lateral resulted in a Steelers TD instead of a Steelers turnover in scoring position for Denver.. min 10 point swing? McGahee fumble? Outside of the 1st Q alone Steelers were outplayed by the better team who were dealing with the same amount of significant injuries. Enough with all the excuses, the best team won. The offense needs some upgrades this off season.

Stallion
01-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Why the hell was Mundy up on the line of scrimmage at the snap of the ball?

Why didn't Troy chase him down? He was right there

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/tape-saw-denver-overtime-touchdown-triumph-play-design-023540443.html

Good explanation here

TRH
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Biggest reason was Denver is the better TEAM, on top of that the game should not have even come down to what it did should it? The blown call (whistle) on the fumble/lateral resulted in a Steelers TD instead of a Steelers turnover in scoring position for Denver.. min 10 point swing? McGahee fumble? Outside of the 1st Q alone Steelers were outplayed by the better team who were dealing with the same amount of significant injuries. Enough with all the excuses, the best team won. The offense needs some upgrades this off season.

actually..i completely disagree with that.
Putting my Steelers hat aside, we are the better team....and by a cold country mile.

We lost because of a lackluster effort, injuries, and not pressuring the QB whasoever or creating turnovers. Not to mention Denver had a career day playing WAY over their head. Combine all that and Denver wins.
Thats why people around these parts are so up-in-arms angry. The better team lost the game (and deservedly so..)

lambertlunaticfan
01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
I do agree with you on one thing,and that was pouncey.This is the 2md year he was'nt playing when we needed him most.What good is talent when it gets injured and doesnt play (also same goes for aarron smith).I mean it seems every season he has been a steeler smith has ended the season with a injury and not there when we need him most.Not thier fault,obviously,as injuries happen.But you have to take in account,we were without keisel most of the game also.Injuries play a key role to a teams success.And this season we were done in by them....And in response to anothers post,as a steelers fan,if we had to lose,i would have much rather got blown out by the patriots than to lose this game to the broncos.....I love my steelers don't get me wrong. What lost the game for us was our lousy DB's not watching the damn ball and always looking at the players. They sucked plain and simple. William Gay and Ike Taylor played like pansies and need to cover their guys!! Last but not least. Legursky Fubared a potention play that would have put us in field gold terratory. We needed Pouncey and Ryan Clark bad in that game. Very dissapointing because the Patriots are going to kill the Broncos and that will make our game that much less worth it :(

ceebee
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
1) WE SUCK

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Biggest reason was Denver is the better TEAM, on top of that the game should not have even come down to what it did should it? :blah:Steelers were outplayed by the better team who were dealing with the same amount of significant injuries. Enough with all the excuses, the best team won. :blah:.

:rofl:

that made me laugh more than my "covetous" tebow listening to madonna's like a prayer joke.

thanks.... i needed that.

BigBen2WardPITT
01-09-2012, 11:53 PM
First of all, the reason why we lost is because Denver played a better game and frankly, they seemed as if they wanted it more.

That's not to say we didn't try, but in the end we just didn't have enough gas in the tank. Maybe the injuries finally caught up to us but I don't want to blame this loss on injuries alone because that sidesteps the more serious issues.

I know that Arians may not be an offensive genius, but Arians didn't lose that game -- LeBeau did.

Here's something I posted a year ago and it applies now and (sadly) has applied for a number of years:

I don't know about anyone else but I for one am getting a little tired of watching even half-assed passing teams convert 3rd and 8's into 1st downs more often than not.

Sure, LeBeau's defense looks great against non-West Coast or poor passing teams which thankfully are still most of the teams out there. But good passing teams with West Coast offenses like New England, New Orleans, Green Bay and even the Jets ate our lunch this year and that has to stop otherwise every team in the league will just set up in 4 and 5 receiver sets and walk us down the field.

Le Beau needs to wake up and realize this isn't the good ol' days when all teams used a running game to set up the passing game. These days, offenses are very complex and the either / or approach (run or pass) isn't that simple anymore and just having a bunch of big guys up front isn't going to get it done. We need versatility and we need to be able to adapt to various offenses and stop depending on "zone-blitzes" (which everyone has pretty much figured out) and "run stoppers" to get it done.

I think we need to go in the direction of less bulk and more quickness overall and try to become more adaptable instead of trying to "impose our will" on everyone with overly complicated blitz packages which won't work if the QB gets rid of the ball before anyone gets to him, which has become the simple formula for beating our front seven.

I think everyone needs to stop looking at LeBeau like he's some kind of god and start realizing that he's got some work to do to get this defense ready to play in ALL situations, not just the ones we're good at.

I've said this before:

agreed! If anyone is confused, go watch the tape from the Broncos game, the 49ers game, and the Ravens game where Flacco drove down the field in the closing minutes of the game.

bornaSteelersfan
01-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Watch the tape yourself, BigBen2WardPITT, The offense had opportunities in both the Ravens game and the Broncos game (not so much the 49ers game), but couldn't put the game away. You are only looking at the final score and laying blame. Before the end of both of those games, our defense came up with a great stop, but our offense couldn't capitalize. I still blame it on play-calling and execution. Poor play-calling = poor execution.

tony hipchest
01-10-2012, 12:30 AM

ummm.....no. :nono:

our offense was 2nd to only the texans this year in time of possession, so i dont know what youre trying to say, but what you said is completely FALSE.

TX-32:40
PIT-32:33

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?seasonType=REG&offensiveStatisticCategory=GAME_STATS&d-447263-n=1&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-p=1&d-447263-s=TIME_OF_POSS_SECONDS_PER_GAME_AVG&tabSeq=2&season=2011&role=TM&Submit=Go&archive=false&conference=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&qualified=true

teh "fact" is that we dont score points because we cant score points. arians simply hasnt the brains of playcallers such as mmcarthy, belichick, or payton. its time for him to quit trying to pretend he does.

and lets be honest here "other than the "power g" (which had existed for years that he is slowly phased out) all the running plays are poorly designed and generally suck.

at the NFL level, arians is nothing more than a glorified wr (and maybe qb) coach. theres a reason former TE coaches such as wisenhunt and mularkey are capable of designing a more competent offense and actually landing a head coaching job in the NFL.

those are the only "facts" we should be discussing here....

TRH
01-10-2012, 07:31 AM
but the fact it that this time, this game, we gave up 29 points to a mediocre team. Yes, the offense could have played better...
..but the defense lost this game, no question. It was pathetic. Terrible pass coverage and zero, yes zero, pass rush....it was downright painful to watch.