PDA

View Full Version : New OC

steve314
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
How about Todd Haley for the new offensive coordinator, if they make a change?

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 11:13 AM
because he was so good in KC?

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 11:17 AM
I keep wishing SD would fire Norv already. Horrible head coach, but he's a good OC. Haley is a horrible HC as well, but he did good things with the Cards as OC.

GMU Steeler
01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
My dad is friends with Todd's cousin. Secondhand info but apparently a lot of his troubles in KC were due to a rocky relationship with Pioli. Not really impressed with Haley though. Sure his offenses were good when he was Whiz's OC in AZ but it has to be asked how much of that was Whiz/Warner and the great WRs they had. Not sure who I want as OC honest. I do agree with the consensus that we need a new guy in there.

GMU Steeler
01-09-2012, 11:19 AM
I keep wishing SD would fire Norv already. Horrible head coach, but he's a good OC. Haley is a horrible HC as well, but he did good things with the Cards as OC.

Norv would be great. I don't get the Chargers organization. Fire Marty after 14-2 but keep holding onto Norv. I guess the Spanos's like Norv and Smith more than they did Marty.

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Bring back Mularkey??

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Bring back Mularkey??

Did you watch the Falcons 24 -2 loss yesterday?

theplatypus
01-09-2012, 11:28 AM

I wonder just how good Norv actually is as an OC. You have too remember that he had Hall of Famers at QB,WR, and RB. I hate the Cowboys, but Ben, Mendy, and HInes are nowhere near the trio that Aikmen, Smith, and Irvin were.

Whodis
01-09-2012, 11:30 AM
there were a lot of injuries in KC.... it's not like it can all be placed on Haley

Atlanta Dan
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM
I wonder just how good Norv actually is as an OC. You have too remember that he had Hall of Famers at QB,WR, and RB. I hate the Cowboys, but Ben, Mendy, and HInes are nowhere near the trio that Aikmen, Smith, and Irvin were.

Agreed

But Hines will not be a part of the Steelers going forward - the push to get Hines to 1000 catches and his seat on the bench yesterday confirm his great career is done

SteelCityMom
01-09-2012, 11:35 AM

That's true, but we've got plenty of talent here that is just going to waste right now under Arians. Maybe it is just player execution, but at some point a change needs to be made, and you can't fire all the players.

A relatively healthy OL would help as well of course.

But yeah, at any rate I'd be very happy to get someone in here that actually knows how to let the talent around him shine.

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 11:38 AM
any OC who doesn't call a 50 yard bomb every time we make a 1st down would be an improvement. the shit is predictable as hell

EbonySteel86
01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
any OC who doesn't call a 50 yard bomb every time we make a 1st down would be an improvement. the shit is predictable as hell

Exactly!!! Chucking bombs when your rb is avg 7 yards a carry is just retarded! :banging:

Bill Cowher's Jaw
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM
Did you watch the Falcons 24 -2 loss yesterday?

Good point I guess

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 12:39 PM
Do not want Haley. Need an OC with apass first mentality with some success.

Aikman over Ben? I'll take Ben every day of the week.

Mendy isn't good enough to carry Smiths jock.
Hines v Irvin? Why even compared the 2. Pointless, I would take Irvin, but we do have 2 other WR's.

Mularkey? As someone said, 24-2, lol

AgentGold007
01-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Pluck someone off of the Saints coaching staff.

AgentGold007
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
Brian Billick was a good coordinator in Minnesota. Don't know how much of the play calling he did in b-more.

#1LambertFan
01-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Exactly!!! Chucking bombs when your rb is avg 7 yards a carry is just retarded! :banging:

???????? Thats exactly when I'd try it via play action! You establish the run and you go for the big one. Did you like Whisenhunt? Thats how he coached. The problem with BA was always 3 & 1 was when he liked to pass and 3 & 6 we ran it up the gut.

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
I keep wishing SD would fire Norv already. Horrible head coach, but he's a good OC. Haley is a horrible HC as well, but he did good things with the Cards as OC.unfortunately spanos immediately announced last monday that not only was norv returning but GM aj smith as well

emmitt smith led the league in rushing several times and broke the single season td record.

stephen davis eclipsed smiths record for washington.

rickey williams led the league in rushing for miami.

frank gore led the league in rushing td's for san fransisco.

ladainian tomlinson currently holds the single season td record.

5 different backs, 5 different teams. the common thread is norv as their coach. i wonder what he coulda done with a healthy mendehall and ben?

more than arians, i guarantee you that.

TRH
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
...we won't make a change. I guarantee it.

60_MINUTES
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
I would take anyone for real anyone at all... Bring back Joe Walton... anyone you can find please give them a shot

steelerjim58
01-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Mendy isn't good enough to carry Smiths jock.

Just an opinion of course, but put Rashard behind an o-line of the caliber Smith had and I belive he puts up similar numbers.

StainlessStill
01-10-2012, 02:23 AM
Isn't Haley rumored to be going back to the Cardinals? Isn't Mike Martz on the market? I just don't see Arians leaving unless he RETIRES. His relationship with Ben is just too strong. They are like father and son if you hear them talk about each other. It was Ben that brought him out of retirement. No way they cut ties with him a year after begging him out of golfing trips.

zero1
01-10-2012, 02:32 AM
I just don't get how some games the offense looks incredible and others it looks terrible. Why can't he consistently call good games? Why, with all the talent on offense, is this team not one of the highest scoring teams in the league? Why do they run screen passes to Wallace who is not shifty at all and is not the type of player who is likely to break a screen pass for 50 + yards?

Actually, I'm not even going to continue with all the questions because the answer is obvious.

StainlessStill
01-10-2012, 02:39 AM
I just don't get how some games the offense looks incredible and others it looks terrible. Why can't he consistently call good games? Why, with all the talent on offense, is this team not one of the highest scoring teams in the league? Why do they run screen passes to Wallace who is not shifty at all and is not the type of player who is likely to break a screen pass for 50 + yards?

Actually, I'm not even going to continue with all the questions because the answer is obvious.

No fullback? And we all wonder why our running game struggles behind a nauseating, beat up offensive line year to year. "Redman! great game son, you just went over the century mark on only 17 carries. Sit the bench, kid, you did your part." "But coach, it's only the 3rd QRT and we're down by.." "JUST! Sit the bench kid, watch our injured QB drop back 40 more times." Got to love it.

IowaSteeler927
01-10-2012, 04:10 AM
If there is any coaching change to be made it's got to be Arians. I heard the announcers singing his praises and questioning why his name wasn't in the running for any head coaching jobs and I laughed out loud. I think Tomlin is a great coach, and that Lebeau is the best Defensive Coordinator in the League hands down. Arians on the other hand has had some time to really shine and has been the most inconsistent part of our game and of our coaching staff.

I could literally point out and show my fiance when he was going to run a WR Screen this season. I never understood his love affair with the wide receiver screen. It's like he's got an addiction to it and he has to fulfill the craving or he'll go through withdrawals or something. Too many times he gets away from the running game when it's the most effective part of our offense in a particular game. Then there's the questionable fade route calls that almost always get picked off in the endzone.

If there's any coach I think I can criticize comfortably it's Arians and for all the reasons I've mentioned above. I'm not going to blame this loss on him necessarily as I honestly felt we just got beat by a much healthier Bronco team but I do think that he could of made better calls throughout the game that could've put us in better position to win.

tanda10506
01-10-2012, 05:36 AM
I doubt we make the change. I think Shanahan is available. I personally don't like him but he is a big improvement over Arians. We wont be able to continue winning in spite of Arians.

MDSteel15
01-10-2012, 10:05 AM

Emmitt had a stud FB blocking for him as well as a coked up o-line that did their job! F@ck those convicts....

EbonySteel86
01-10-2012, 02:08 PM
No fullback? And we all wonder why our running game struggles behind a nauseating, beat up offensive line year to year. "Redman! great game son, you just went over the century mark on only 17 carries. Sit the bench, kid, you did your part." "But coach, it's only the 3rd QRT and we're down by.." "JUST! Sit the bench kid, watch our injured QB drop back 40 more times." Got to love it.

OMG, isn't that the most frustrating thing you seen??? I live in Maryland,watching the game with a couple Raven fans (fiance' from Bmore), and they were like, "why the Steelers stop running the ball? Broncos can't stop Redman." I just shook say my head in disgust and shame and all I can say was......I have no idea.:noidea: And Arians has done that a few times this year. I feel alot of it has to do with Ben liking the long ball too. Thats why I'm feel we should change OC. Ben doesn't need father figure/buddy, he needs a coachthat'll call good plays depending on what the defenses are giving us.

ricardisimo
01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
No.

Sixburgher
01-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Not to mention arguably the greatest offensive line in NFL history. Amazing what teams could do when there was no salary cap to be concerned with.

ricardisimo
01-10-2012, 02:45 PM
No.

This deserves two nos.

Atlanta Dan
01-10-2012, 04:18 PM
This from Ed. B. of the P-G in his chat this afternoon

I know Coach T said no coordinator changes are expected. Do you expexct that to hold true? I'd like to see both BA and Labeau stay? your Thoughts?

Ed Bouchette: they won't leave because Mike wants them to leave, he made that clear. The only way I could see Bruce Arians leave is as a head coach elsewhere. I think Dick LeBeau wants to coach here again in 2012.

and then Ed.B. reiterates this in case anyone missed it the first time

You and Gerry have been pretty clear that Arians almost left last year on his own accord. What's the inside scoop as the 2012 off season starts?

Ed Bouchette: Bruce Arians will be back, I believe, unless someone hires him as a head coach.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/chats/ed-bouchettes-chat/114322-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-11012

Given that nobody interviewed Bruce for a HC job after his team went to the Super Bowl he certainly will not be getting those interviews this offseason

Bruce is back next season:banging:

plenewken
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
This from Ed. B. of the P-G in his chat this afternoon

I know Coach T said no coordinator changes are expected. Do you expexct that to hold true? I'd like to see both BA and Labeau stay? your Thoughts?

Ed Bouchette: they won't leave because Mike wants them to leave, he made that clear. The only way I could see Bruce Arians leave is as a head coach elsewhere. I think Dick LeBeau wants to coach here again in 2012.

and then Ed.B. reiterates this in case anyone missed it the first time

[I]You and Gerry have been pretty clear that Arians almost left last year on his own accord. What's the inside scoop as the 2012 off season starts?

Ed Bouchette: Bruce Arians will be back, I believe, unless someone hires him as a head coach.[/I

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/chats/ed-bouchettes-chat/114322-ed-bouchettes-steelers-chat-transcript-11012

Given that nobody interviewed Bruce for a HC job after his team went to the Super Bowl he certainly will not be getting those interviews this offseason

Bruce is back next season:banging:

Bruce Arians is like herpes. You can't get rid of it.

EbonySteel86
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM
Bruce Arians is like herpes. You can't get rid of it.

This is just great....:banging:

Pentheon
01-11-2012, 03:15 AM
everyones acting like BA is going somewhere....cmon yall know better than that haha

steve314
01-31-2012, 08:38 PM
No.

This deserves two nos.

What don't you like about Haley?

steve314
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
...we won't make a change. I guarantee it.

Hope you didn't bet a lot on that.

Bayz101
01-31-2012, 08:47 PM
Hope you didn't bet a lot on that.

:chuckle:

wyn50
02-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Who else are they interviewing. I hope they at least try and contact Clements from greenbay.

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Who else are they interviewing. I hope they at least try and contact Clements from greenbay.

"Aaron Rodgers could still lose his quarterbacks coach to another team.

It seems every time a team that looked at Tom Clements fills a vacancy, his name is dropped with another team.

The Pittsburgh Tribune Review reports the Steelers want to hire Clements for their vacant offensive coordinator's job.

Clements is a Pennsylvania native and did apply for the Penn State job this fall.

Head coach Mike McCarthy said during last week's Pro Bowl that he will make a decision about Green Bay's offensive coordinator this weekend. Clements is seen as a likely replacement for Joe Philbin.

The Steelers' interest could accelerate that decision."

TRH
02-02-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't be surprised if McCarthy swoops in VERY quickly (like today quickly) and offers him the job (and if that happens he'll likely stay). They certainly know we're interested and if they want to keep him around they are going to move very, very fast.
If we were contacting him, i hope the appt is a done deal by now.

Bayz101
02-02-2012, 11:29 AM
Don't be surprised if McCarthy swoops in VERY quickly (like today quickly) and offers him the job (and if that happens he'll likely stay). They certainly know we're interested and if they want to keep him around they are going to move very, very fast.
If we were contacting him, i hope the appt is a done deal by now.

I agree, that's why i'm hoping Tomlin/Rooney wakes up and makes the decisions very soon.

Millers the sh!t
02-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I agree, that's why i'm hoping Tomlin/Rooney wakes up and makes the decisions very soon.

I was reading that despite all the Clements talk, the Steelers haven't even contacted him yet, let alone actually interview him.

StainlessStill
02-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Green Bay just promoted Clements to their offensive coordinator position.

You would have to think that if we DO go outside, an announcement and the process is going to have to speed up. Another candidate of ours off the board.

I'd STILL like to see Haley. He's my choice to spice things up within our organization and how we ATTACK on offense.

wyn50
02-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Pickings are getting slimmer. Haley is sounding like a worth while experiment. If he sucks, fire him. Look at other teams doing it. Cowher did it a few times.

Edman
02-02-2012, 10:27 PM
Clements is out of the picture.

Like I said before, the Steelers better fire a shot on Haley, or they're basically stuck with little. Promoting Fichtner from within fixes nothing. We'll have the same issues on Offense because Ben the Ego has a new "buddy".

TRH
02-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Sheezus. The Steelers fell asleep at the wheel AGAIN. You can't wait for these things to happen. You have to take ACTION and make a move.
Other teams are signing OC's and DC's right and left and very, very quickly and we're just hanging out again watching everyone blaze past us (kinda like the team on the field.....noticing a trend here????).
McCarthy = knew it and took action. Much smarter than we're being.
Wait some more and Haley will get hired somewhere.

It will be Fichtner. No question.

SteelCurtain5643
02-02-2012, 11:23 PM
According to ESPN's John Clayton, Steelers RBs coach Kirby Wilson will "likely" be promoted to offensive coordinator if he "gets healthy soon."
Wilson has started physical rehabilitation after suffering burns on 45 percent of his body in early January. He was in line to replace Bruce Arians before the house fire. The Steelers have held off on promoting QBs coach Randy Fichtner or bringing in a bigger name such as Todd Haley or Jim Caldwell.

Hopefully Kirby can heal up and be the next OC

Fire Arians
02-02-2012, 11:27 PM
According to ESPN's John Clayton, Steelers RBs coach Kirby Wilson will "likely" be promoted to offensive coordinator if he "gets healthy soon."
Wilson has started physical rehabilitation after suffering burns on 45 percent of his body in early January. He was in line to replace Bruce Arians before the house fire. The Steelers have held off on promoting QBs coach Randy Fichtner or bringing in a bigger name such as Todd Haley or Jim Caldwell.

how long is his rehab going to take? that can hurt the team if he isn't ready to get the playbook ready in time for the players

TRH
02-02-2012, 11:29 PM

I'm not sure i can agree with that report. "likely to be promoted IF he gets healthy soon???". Huh?
First, we need to have an OC in here TODAY to start preparing and etc. To wait for Wilson to heal, if he heals completely, would be taking a huge chance and risk. I just can't see that happening..

Edman
02-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Seriously? Wilson? That's really disappointing to hear honestly.

There is no guarantee Wilson will be ready. Let the man heal.

PeRK82
02-03-2012, 12:18 AM
because he was so good in KC?

What in the world does that have to do with him being the O.C. Being a H.C and a D.C or O.C are totally different. Heck, i would love to have him as an O.C.

PeRK82
02-03-2012, 12:19 AM

Better than running on first down every single time. Talk about Predictable.

BKAnthem
02-03-2012, 01:29 AM
I'm a little confused, what in Kirby Wilson's resume screams good OC, over a Haley,Jackson or Clements? and he may not even be physically able to coach this year

AgentGold007
02-03-2012, 05:19 AM
How about Brian Billick?

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 05:28 AM
I'm a little confused, what in Kirby Wilson's resume screams good OC, over a Haley,Jackson or Clements? and he may not even be physically able to coach this year

I'm not sure what his resume would be, but I believe he was a part of the Tampa Bay Super Bowl Champions coaching staff with Tomlin. It may just be a buddy thing, or maybe Tomlin saw he had the ability to run the offense?

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I like the idea of Mike Sullivan. Look how he's progressed with Eli. If anyone can fix Ben, it's this guy.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/2/2764457/giants-quarterbacks-coach-mike-sullivan-brings-a-unique-and-fresh

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 07:39 AM
I like the idea of Mike Sullivan. Look how he's progressed with Eli. If anyone can fix Ben, it's this guy.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/2/2764457/giants-quarterbacks-coach-mike-sullivan-brings-a-unique-and-fresh

I'm getting tired of this "Fix Ben" mumbo jumbo. He's not getting neutered for Christs sake. He's a two-time superbowl champion with two 4,000 yard season and multiple Steelers records. He's bound to be the greatest Steeler quarterback by the time he retires, and that'll be regardless of how he plays looking forward. This "Fix" Ben thing is outrageous.

Ben needs to tweak his game, and that's all he needs to do. A coordinator can't make him throw the ball away.

Edit:

I do like Mike Sullivan though, but he's not needed to "Fix" anything, lol.

TRH
02-03-2012, 08:16 AM
I'm getting tired of this "Fix Ben" mumbo jumbo. He's not getting neutered for Christs sake. He's a two-time superbowl champion with two 4,000 yard season and multiple Steelers records. He's bound to be the greatest Steeler quarterback by the time he retires, and that'll be regardless of how he plays looking forward. This "Fix" Ben thing is outrageous.

Ben needs to tweak his game, and that's all he needs to do. A coordinator can't make him throw the ball away.

Edit:

I hear ya. I'm starting to ignore all that BS. It's getting so ridiculous here that even defensive miscue's are "Ben's fault".
Ben doesn't need fixed. Period. End of story.

He needs a different OC, different playbook, and different offensive schemes to work with.

Kingmagyar
02-03-2012, 08:28 AM
Don't see how Kirby Wilson was even in the running to begin with. A career Running Backs coach promoted to OC when he has never game planned or called a play in his life. I know there is always a first time for every OC but with a team that is knocking on the Super Bowl's Door. GET A GUY WHO HAS EXPERIENCE!

jiminpa
02-03-2012, 09:17 AM
I'm getting tired of this "Fix Ben" mumbo jumbo. He's not getting neutered for Christs sake. .Arians already did that.

He will not be the greatest Steeler QB of all time. He may beat all of the records, except scoring, but he will still not be good enough to carry Bradshaw's laundry.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Arians already did that.

He will not be the greatest Steeler QB of all time. He may beat all of the records, except scoring, but he will still not be good enough to carry Bradshaw's laundry.

If he beats all records, i'd say Bradshaw had better hold on to his Jockstrap :wink:

If Ben wins another ring in his time with the Steelers, he'll be in discussion as one of the best Steeler quarterbacks of all time, and Bradshaw will be trying to backtrack his statements of "I wish I had been drafted by another team". Bradshaw's been jealous of Ben since we won in '05, and he's been worse ever since.

DanRooney
02-03-2012, 10:45 AM

Edit:

I personally think Ben has regressed as a quarterback this season so I do think there needs to be a fix or a 'tweak' in his game. He is an elite quarterback and elite ones don't throw for less than 2:1 TD:INT ratios. Especially when you're TD a very pedestrian 21.

BKAnthem
02-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure what his resume would be, but I believe he was a part of the Tampa Bay Super Bowl Champions coaching staff with Tomlin. It may just be a buddy thing, or maybe Tomlin saw he had the ability to run the offense?

I think we need to go outside the Steelers current staff

jiminpa
02-03-2012, 11:23 AM
If he beats all records, i'd say Bradshaw had better hold on to his Jockstrap :wink:

If Ben wins another ring in his time with the Steelers, he'll be in discussion as one of the best Steeler quarterbacks of all time, and Bradshaw will be trying to backtrack his statements of "I wish I had been drafted by another team". Bradshaw's been jealous of Ben since we won in '05, and he's been worse ever since.I guess that depends on if James Harrison scores as many points as the entire offense in the next one.

Fire Arians
02-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Clements was signed as Green Bay's OC

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/02/packers-promote-tom-clements-to-offensive-coordinator/

BKAnthem
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
And then there was Hue....

Danny136200
02-03-2012, 12:48 PM
I personally think Ben has regressed as a quarterback this season so I do think there needs to be a fix or a 'tweak' in his game. He is an elite quarterback and elite ones don't throw for less than 2:1 TD:INT ratios. Especially when you're TD a very pedestrian 21.

He was having his best season so far (or, at least his best stretch of games from week 5 till the bye week), then he injured his thumb and sprained his ankle in the latter end of the season. I dont think he regressed, he suffered some injuries that hindered his performance.

pete74
02-03-2012, 01:17 PM
i would love to have Hue or even Haley but i would be very surprised if we didnt promote someone from our team

TomlinsThorn
02-03-2012, 02:02 PM
And then there is the outside possibility that the Steelers are waiting to see if Kirby Wilson will be able to take the job.

Read here. (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/3/2768247/steelers-offensive-coordinator-search-candidates-kirby-wilson-running-backs-coach)

stb_steeler
02-03-2012, 02:16 PM
And then there is the outside possibility that the Steelers are waiting to see if Kirby Wilson will be able to take the job.

Read here. (http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/2/3/2768247/steelers-offensive-coordinator-search-candidates-kirby-wilson-running-backs-coach)

Wonder how long he's gonna be in serious but stable condition.....If it takes months the Steelers cant wait that long to get game plan started, i wouldnt think :noidea:

Edman
02-03-2012, 02:21 PM
He was having his best season so far (or, at least his best stretch of games from week 5 till the bye week), then he injured his thumb and sprained his ankle in the latter end of the season. I dont think he regressed, he suffered some injuries that hindered his performance.

Even during his best stretch of games, the offensive performance was average as usual. Our so-called "best" Offensive game against New England ended up decided in the final minutes because guess what? We couldn't score on offense (against one of the worst D's in the league) in the second half (Familiar scenario isn't it?) and Ben threw a really bad INT that handed the Pats an easy touchdown. If the Defense wasn't on fire, Tom Brady hangs another 30+ on us and we lose. If that was our best on Offense, it was no wonder we wound up losing the following week. In the Second Ravens game Ben threw another dumb INT, costing the Steelers some points that would've won the game. In 2011 Ben was due at least one dumb turnover a game.

You also forget how Ben got the ankle injury to begin with. He had time to go with the ball but decided to run around like a chicken. Boom Ankle Injury.

Yes, Ben doesn't need fixing. His ability has already been neutered thanks to our horrible Offensive system.

Steelerfreak58
02-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Even during his best stretch of games, the offensive performance was average as usual. Our so-called "best" Offensive game against New England ended up decided in the final minutes because guess what? We couldn't score on offense (against one of the worst D's in the league) in the second half (Familiar scenario isn't it?) and Ben threw a really bad INT that handed the Pats an easy touchdown. If the Defense wasn't on fire, Tom Brady hangs another 30+ on us and we lose. If that was our best on Offense, it was no wonder we wound up losing the following week. In the Second Ravens game Ben threw another dumb INT, costing the Steelers some points that would've won the game. In 2011 Ben was due at least one dumb turnover a game.

You also forget how Ben got the ankle injury to begin with. He had time to go with the ball but decided to run around like a chicken. Boom Ankle Injury.

Yes, Ben doesn't need fixing. His ability has already been neutered thanks to our horrible Offensive system.

YUP! Great first half against NE but then Arians decided to go retarded mode and seemingly forgot what got him those points in the first half. The second half of games was pretty horrible all year long. Arians did not make any adjustments at half time and came out looking actually worse in the 3rd and 4th quarters pretty much all year long.

wyn50
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
The Jets AFC championship game last year was like that. Good in one half and horrible in the other. Get rid of Arians is a good thing. Too many close games that weren't supposed to be close. Steelers need to make a decision soon.

Bayz101
02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
We've had trouble closing out game's for years now.

steve314
02-06-2012, 07:59 PM

Posted nearly 1 month ago. Let me know if there are any other future issues for the Steelers you'd like me to look up in my crystal ball, ha

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Posted nearly 1 month ago. Let me know if there are any other future issues for the Steelers you'd like me to look up in my crystal ball, ha

There's always that one guy who get's it right, and in this case, it looks like you got it right just before the Halry OC talk started heating up. Nice.

wyn50
02-06-2012, 08:16 PM
What will be his first change? Draft is next order of business but what changes is he making before the draft.

Bayz101
02-06-2012, 08:19 PM
What will be his first change? Draft is next order of business but what changes is he making before the draft.

Tomlin and Co. will be handling most that, Haley will be busy erasing all the bubble screen's from the playbook.

MACH1
02-06-2012, 08:21 PM
Tomlin and Co. will be handling most that, Haley will be busy erasing all the bubble screen's from the playbook.

But thats half the playbook.

wyn50
02-06-2012, 08:49 PM
The bubble screens went with Arians to the colts. :chuckle:

Ricco Suavez
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
See Reason