PDA

View Full Version : How much will Goodell fine Harrison?

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 01:12 PM
The call was suspect at best as he did pull up. If James was going full speed, Tebow would be sitting next to Decker.

Goodell will try to make a larger point, you watch.

Speaking of Decker, did you hear the whiney announcers after James put the smack down on Deckers knees? Said hitting to low, the wr's have no protection, lol. So basically hit 4 inches above the knee, to 4 inches below the groin, dont lead with your helmet, unless your tackling a Steeler, lol.

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
suspended for 4 games next season. heil goodell

TRH
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
The call was suspect at best as he did pull up. If James was going full speed, Tebow would be sitting next to Decker.

Goodell will try to make a larger point, you watch.

Speaking of Decker, did you hear the whiney announcers after James put the smack down on Deckers knees? Said hitting to low, the wr's have no protection, lol. So basically hit 4 inches above the knee, to 4 inches below the groin, dont lead with your helmet, unless your tackling a Steeler, lol.

as far as the announcers go, i can deal with Simms as at least sometimes he gives us kudos, but Nantz makes me sick. I would have had more respect for him last night if he just came out and told the audience "i hate the Steelers and am really pulling for the Broncos to win...."

mesaSteeler
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Saint Godell will ban him for six games. Harrison should just retire because Saint Godell will not permit Harrison to play his game.

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
as far as the announcers go, i can deal with Simms as at least sometimes he gives us kudos, but Nantz makes me sick. I would have had more respect for him last night if he just came out and told the audience "i hate the Steelers and am really pulling for the Broncos to win...."

he did provide entertainment when he said 'i wonder why bruce arians isn't sought after as a head coach in the nfl!'

yeah if he watched the steelers games, maybe he'd find out. the entire league knows he sucks. usually any half decent OC of a super bowl squad has teams knocking the door down to hire him. not arians, though.

Kanata-Steeler
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't really care, becuase I HATE Goddell even more than Harrison does !
DIE Goddell.
oops, sorry, I over-reacted with that last statement.

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Fire Arians:

I'll give you that one. I think I yelled at the TV, because he sucks.. But please someone take him!

Darkstorm05
01-09-2012, 02:12 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if this results in 4-6 games next year. Watching the replay, I agree it needed flagged. He got in a couple full steps after the ball was released before laying in the hit. That's a flag in this day and age, no matter what. I wouldn't bring a fine for it though, as sometimes this sort of thing happens, especially when the game is going in such a frustrating direction.

Unfortunately because of his "Repeat Offender" status, I think the hammer comes down hard this time. If so, who would be surprised if he gets Santonio'd out of town come spring?

4xSBChamps
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
suspended for 4 games next season. heil goodell

"... isht you haffink p-r-r-r-oblems mit mein dezizzions???

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y272/Glensgages/football/RogerGoodellwithHitlermoustache.jpg

... vhe kan haf a man kommen to your dachau, uhnd git yer mind-right, ya-vol???"

Curtain_of_Steel
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
For that pansy hit, he shouldnt be fined at all. He pulled up and pushed him. Tebow whined the entire game everytime he got touched.

If he went pads/helmet in, thats different.

if its 4-6 games, he should request a meeting, than pick him up and toss him out of his window. " fine me for that bitch"

#1LambertFan
01-09-2012, 09:35 PM
For that pansy hit, he shouldnt be fined at all. He pulled up and pushed him. Tebow whined the entire game everytime he got touched.

If he went pads/helmet in, thats different.

if its 4-6 games, he should request a meeting, than pick him up and toss him out of his window. " fine me for that bitch"

It'd do the world a favor. Nobody can reason with the Fuhrer so maybe a fifty foot fall can.

tony hipchest
01-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Speaking of Decker, did you hear the whiney announcers after James put the smack down on Deckers knees? Said hitting to low, the wr's have no protection, lol. So basically hit 4 inches above the knee, to 4 inches below the groin, dont lead with your helmet, unless your tackling a Steeler, lol.unfortunately goodell has already said he can fine players like these independent of the rules if he feels it is conduct detrimental or bad for the league. he has arbitrary authority and autonomy to pretty much do whatever he wants, even if it is pushing a personal vendetta.

to make matters worse, it came after ryan clark called this shot earlier in the season, and may seem like retaliation if hampton was taken out with a "legal" chop block.

in regards to this hit (which i feel james has more to worry about than the personal foul) a caller to jim miller on sirius asked why harrison has such a problem with hitting somebody between the numbers.

miller succinctly pointed out if he hits someone like that he will cave in their chest cavity and kill them. is THAT what the league really wants? severed spines, ribs tearing lungs and heart stoppages?

Fire Arians
01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
unfortunately goodell has already said he can fine players like these independent of the rules if he feels it is conduct detrimental or bad for the league. he has arbitrary authority and autonomy to pretty much do whatever he wants, even if it is pushing a personal vendetta.

to make matters worse, it came after ryan clark called this shot earlier in the season, and may seem like retaliation if hampton was taken out with a "legal" chop block.

in regards to this hit (which i feel james has more to worry about than the personal foul) a caller to jim miller on sirius asked why harrison has such a problem with hitting somebody between the numbers.

miller succinctly pointed out if he hits someone like that he will cave in their chest cavity and kill them. is THAT what the league really wants? severed spines, ribs tearing lungs and heart stoppages?

goodell prefers 'clean' hits that can end guys' seasons. thanks to this 'clean' hit, decker will likely miss the entire playoffs. if he was hit with an 'illegal' hit instead, he would probably play vs the patriots.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/01/james-harrison-destroys-knees-legally-per-request-of-roger-goodell/