PDA

View Full Version : Least Favorite part of FOOTBALL SEASON

section514
06-27-2006, 04:45 PM
We all love the NFL and football season. does anyone have a least favorite aspect of football season.

Mine would have to be after watching high school games friday, playing in games saturday, watching college ball saturday night, and then watching the steelers on sunday, i am usually tired of watching football by monday night, especially if its a lame game.

Black@Gold Forever32
06-27-2006, 04:47 PM
I hate when it ends. I miss it so much. I played high school ball. I watch more college ball now then I used to but I always watched the Steelers and the NFL. Sat was usually when I hung with my friends when I was in school.

SteelerFanInCA
06-27-2006, 05:38 PM
Not sure if I have a least favorite part. Once football season starts everything is all good. Watching the Steelers every Sunday is like Christmas morning every week.

Ambridge
06-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Well, the new saying is "There is no off season in the NFL" but I would have to say last night on the NFL Network that motto was seriously challenged.
Instead of showing game highlights or some other NFL Documentary they devoted the whole evening to "Making the Squad"-"The Tampa Bay Bucs Cheerleaders". :jerkit:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for looking at attractive, young women who are minimally clothed and gyrating around in all directions but I think the NFL grossly over estimates their need and or importance.

I'm not bashing Cheerleaders but IMO they're much better suited for high school and college games.

tony hipchest
06-27-2006, 07:13 PM
Well, the new saying is "There is no off season in the NFL" but I would have to say last night on the NFL Network that motto was seriously challenged.
Instead of showing game highlights or some other NFL Documentary they devoted the whole evening to "Making the Squad"-"The Tampa Bay Bucs Cheerleaders". :jerkit:

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for looking at attractive, young women who are minimally clothed and gyrating around in all directions but I think the NFL grossly over estimates their need and or importance.

I'm not bashing Cheerleaders but IMO they're much better suited for high school and college games. the least they couldve done is show "making the squad. carolina panthers cheerleaders IN tampa bay- the hidden bathroom cam version"

CantStop85
06-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Sunday NFL losses are the worst for me...my team just lost, I have school the next day, and I'm right in the middle of Cross Country season so I have to go run 10 miles right after the loss. Not so much fun.

DIESELMAN
06-27-2006, 08:23 PM
the least they couldve done is show "making the squad. carolina panthers cheerleaders IN tampa bay- the hidden bathroom cam version"
LOL........How cool would that be.......

As far as the season goes.........right after it all ends sucks, I'm not a big baseball or basketball fan got my NASCAR thats about it......

TasmanianTroy271
06-27-2006, 09:01 PM
The one that comes to my mind is when there's a larger than normal gap between 2 games. Like out first 2 games this year. The first one will be on a thursday, and then the next will be the next sunday. 10 days! grrr....

BBC
06-27-2006, 09:44 PM
The off-season.

BlackNGold203
06-27-2006, 10:17 PM
The off-season.

AMEN :cool:

tony hipchest
06-27-2006, 10:56 PM
The one that comes to my mind is when there's a larger than normal gap between 2 games. Like out first 2 games this year. The first one will be on a thursday, and then the next will be the next sunday. 10 days! grrr.... i hear that. and the bye week just kills me. its like being robbed of a birthday. then again, thats what keeps me young

Prosdo
06-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Definitely the offseason!

SteelCityMan786
06-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Offseason, and school happens at the same time.

HometownGal
06-28-2006, 12:11 AM
Least Favorite part of FOOTBALL SEASON

Two words. One name.

Joe Theismann. :mallet:

Hines86Ward
06-28-2006, 06:51 AM
My least favorite part is the gap between the Pro Bowl & the NFL Draft. I hate reading all the different mock drafts that lead up until the draft.....The huge gap after the draft doesn't bother me as much, it's just the months before the draft

ARKIESTEEL
06-28-2006, 07:01 AM
Two words. One name.

Joe Theismann. :mallet:

I will one up you Boomer E

I hate him and Chris Collins both I think they are Steeler Haters and should be hit in the nuts with a flameing ball bat. They should be thrown to the lions

Sorry I should forgive them two water heads but I cant:boxing:

BBC
06-28-2006, 07:03 AM

I hate him and Chris Collins both I think they are Steeler Haters and should be hit in the nuts with a flameing ball bat. They should be thrown to the lions

Don't be too sure about Boomer hating the Steelers:

"He's (Chad Johnson) a knucklehead. He's a wide receiver in the NFL. Not everybody can be Hines Ward. If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game. The bottom line is that (Ward) is the quintessential, unselfish, tremendous football player that every wide receiver should be like. He never complains. He blocks downfield. He understands his role in the offense and he just loves winning."

HometownGal
06-28-2006, 12:05 PM

LOL! Wouldn't you hate a team whose defenses knocked you on your arse over and over again for years? :sofunny:

P.S. I wouldn't ruin a good baseball bat on those chowderheads.

BBC is right, though - Boomer has mellowed a little towards the Steelers. I think it is because of how competitive the black and gold have been over the years and besides - he doesn't want that egg on his face to get on his hair and mess up that "do" of his. :busted:

83-Steelers-43
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Except for the waiting period in between games, no complaints here.

shimmysteelerfan
06-28-2006, 12:54 PM
the really shitty monday night games

blackvelvet
06-28-2006, 12:57 PM
Don't be too sure about Boomer hating the Steelers:

Still, you can't deny that everytime the Steelers play the bungals, and they're making predictions, he is a little biased. Well, Dan may be too, but he's biased towards us, so that doesn't really matter :smile: .

So for me, what do i hate? Just three things:

1. The fact that they picked football season to be in the fall and winter. I hate cold weather.

2. offseason

3. when the steelers loose

Hines86Ward
06-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Actually, Boomer picked the Steelers to beat the Bengals in the wildcard game

blackvelvet
06-28-2006, 03:02 PM
really? I remember he picked bungles, and Dan and Shannon picked the Steelers.

Stillers#1
06-28-2006, 03:48 PM
How can you have a least favorite part of the season? Even when I played college ball, there was no such thing as a least favorite part of the football season. Thats the whole reason I got digital cable, so I could watch football year round.

steelerdude
06-29-2006, 09:41 AM
John Madden's inane ramblings.

24seven
06-29-2006, 09:20 PM
LOL........How cool would that be.......

As far as the season goes.........right after it all ends sucks, I'm not a big baseball or basketball fan got my NASCAR thats about it......

Couldn't have said it any differntly myself. Just sucks when your favorite Nascar driver is doin the shits.. i.e. Jeff Gordon,,At least he won this weekend.. bout time.. He might have forgotten how to win on those round tracks but if his car doesn't blow up he's wining the road courses.. Just PLEASE NFL.. hurry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It's agony waiting for the season.Nascar starts in January basically and goes to November.. It's a marathon..I wish football could be like that.. Then I may be able to take a break by the time 10 months is up. But never when the Steelers are playing!

ARKIESTEEL
06-30-2006, 07:03 AM
Actually, Boomer picked the Steelers to beat the Bengals in the wildcard game

Not to start a big deal or anything but that goofy couldnt pick his nose much less a winner overrated no talent ex qb did pick his own team and I hate his guts and I wish that he would never come on tv again. Maybe he could move far far away and take his lap boy chris collinsworth with him

RoethlisBURGHer
06-30-2006, 12:49 PM
The early bye-week...we always get one early.

Steeler losses

Living in Cleveland and not THE BURGH.